Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Street fighter is a great comedy movie. Not really faithful to the games from what I know (but lol who cares about a fighting games story).

Also Raul Julia owns as M. Bison so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Maybe some more God Of War news soon?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
A quick google suggests fathers day is this weekend in Spain. Maybe an infodump or new trailer or something? I would have thought it would have been more hyped by now though if it was.

Regarding the kid, I think he's going to act as some sort of morality system where he is influenced by the actions you take. Kind of like Bioshock 2.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Morby posted:

New Uncharted 8/22/17.

$40/$50 :canada: Cinematic trailer released too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6IOOWnOXlw

An interview with Naughty dog said it was around 10 hours too, so it's more a full blown expansion pack then the original DLC that was planned.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

bloodychill posted:

I think the thing getting lost in the shuffle here is that Night Trap also totally sucked.

It's only really a historical curiosity really, despite being a lovely as hell game its impact on the industry was huge.

The "Over 1.5 hours of full motion video" really makes me laugh. It seems so quaint, like when movies from the 90s talked about 50GB harddrives like it was some crazy impossible space-tech no-one would ever need.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Do I need to know anything about the other Borderlands games to get the most out of the Tales game? Is the story pretty self contained/welcoming to newcomers? I've heard everyone say it's really good so I'm pretty happy to play it. Abzu sounds like it's Journey underwater but not quite as good so I'm cool with that because Journey was rad as hell.

I'd love to know why the NA/EU lineup is slightly different though, it hasn't done that for a long time. Some licensing thing maybe?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Is David Cages other game still happening? The one with the robots in Detroit? I feel like we haven't heard anything about it for ages.

His games are dumb, but they're good rentals.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
God of War 3 has a dumb edgelord story and hilariously unearned attempt to redeem Kratos but the gameplay is still fun and the setpiece battles are still incredible. That opening sequence/first boss fight is still nuts.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-03-crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy-biggest-single-platform-launch-of-the-year

quote:

Launched exclusively for PlayStation 4, it is the biggest single-platform release of the year so far - beating even Horizon: Zero Dawn.

For 2017 to date, Crash is the year's second biggest launch overall - behind multiplatform release Ghost Recon Wildlands.

It's an incredible result for the trilogy re-make - and the first time in Crash's history the character has ever won a UK number one.

So, new Crash game commissioned for 2018? With that kind of sales launch Activision would be crazy not to.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

That's just taking the piss.

$4 for shipping? Get the gently caress outta here. :rolleyes:

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yo, if you missed out on the Humble Nordic THQ Bundle, you got another chance to get it.

Tiers are limited too. The $15 tier has less than 7k keys.

Are there any hidden gems in any of those tiers? I kinda wanna play Red Faction for the nostalgia but if there are some games in the higher tiers worth playing I'll get them too.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I could do with a good stealth-action game now Metal Gear is done. I liked the original back in the day, although I'm sure it's aged terribly.

Better have an infinite taser that sets people on fire though.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Does the PSone classic of Metal Gear Solid work on the Vita? It lists PSP support but doesn't mention anything about the Vita.

Also how are the Vita versions of 2 & 3?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Detriot will be probably worth a rental, his games are trainwrecks but they can have some cool individual scenes and are good for ripping on.

I can't believe Until Dawn didn't shame David Cage into quitting, that game did everything he wants to but with a much better understanding of the genre they're imitating and actually had a few choices matter beyond the scene they're made in.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I don't think it would have been physically possible for Sony to have done a worse job with using the PS4 controller for video playback. It's comically lovely. The buttons changing depending on the platform. The shoulder buttons being used for fast forward is one of the dumbest design decisions I've ever seen on a modern device. I rarely make it through a movie without accidentally triggering it somehow.

Why would you leave the controller on during a movie? :confused:

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

henpod posted:

So i'm playing through the Ratchet & Clank game that came on PS+ a few months back. Maybe it's because all I play is Battlefield, but I'm really impressed with it. The graphics are absolutely beautiful and I quite enjoy the gameplay. Lots of whacky guns, game mechanics and so on. Are there any similar fun/creative games like this, I guess they are 3D platformers?

If you have a PS3 the Ratchet & Clank games on there are all somewhere between pretty good and excellent.
(The traditional style ones anyway, theres a co-op shooter and tower defense game that weren't great)

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

This maybe isn't the place for this but, since both the game and TV IV threads are locked, did anybody else find The Fractured But Whole significantly less fun than Stick of Truth? I'm working through the early parts of the game and it feels like a slog, which kind of meshes with what South Park is at this point- tries too hard and is largely unfun.

I'm not a fan of the new combat system, either.

I thought it was ok but not nearly as good as the first game. The first had so many incredibly memorable and :stare: inducing moments (like the Canada sequence, the alien spaceship and fighting underpants gnomes under your parents loving and doing QTEs to dodge your dads balls) and this one just didn't have any of those.

I liked the idea of the new combat bit it didn't quite land with me. A sequel with a few tweaks and it'd be great.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Speaking of beyond, is there a goon consensus of original vs remixed story order? The remix apparently just puts everything in chronological order and I read it flows a lot better that way.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

hows the resident evil origins collection? its worth a buy?

RE1 is an excellent game and an excellent port, the QoL improvements they made (widescreen support, non-tank controls) make a big difference and the HD up-rez looks great.

I assume RE0 is the same port quality, but it's wasn't a great game in 2002 and easily the worst classic style Resident Evil.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

And then they bored us to death with endless smash bros info that nobody cares about

Most of that smash stuff felt like patch notes.

Oh, we gave Marth a slightly different voice and altered these moves slightly. Wii Fit trainer has a new face!

I'm sure all that stuff is very exciting for Smash headcases but Jesus Christ, Nintendo really have nothing else coming soon?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Its 9 or 12 for the "collection" is that work it? The $3 extra?

The Crew Expendable/Last Survivor DLCs recreate a couple of scenes from the first movie and bring back the original cast, which are really neat if you like the original movie. The other stuff is just challenge rooms if you're hankering for some more Alien sneaking but the main game is pretty long (perhaps to its disservice).

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Heavy Rain was neat and had some really cool moments even though the whole plot falls apart if you think about it for more then 0.5 seconds. And the game hides the big reveal from you by blatantly lieing (and not even with the excuse of an unreliable narrator) which is some horseshit. Nahman Jayden still owns though

I'm playing Beyond: 2 Souls right now and it's hilariously dumb.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Seedge posted:

Is Destiny 2 the quickest non-launch PS+ that a game has went free on PS+?

Bioshock Infinite was released March 2013 and PS+ January 2014.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
MGS is a inportant inclusion but not having Dualshocks as the controller makes it a objectively worse experience.

How will Psycho Mantis move my controller without that?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Is Mortal Kombat XL any good? I'm pretty bad at fighting games but I enjoyed Injustice when it was on PS+ a decent amount. It plays pretty similarly to those right?

It seems a pretty safe bet for <$10 though, unless it's hideously broken or up the rear end with microtransactions.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah the interesting part is Ellies, "ok" but I know that you know that I know that you know what we are subtext saying here.

what we have seen of the next one is Ellie alone so the obvious read is she left Joel but something will plot happen for her to go save him and things will.be emotionally forgiven/dealt with.

I always interpreted Ellie knew Joel is lying about something but trusts he's lying for a good reason and decides to go along with him. And Joel knows she knows too but they both decide to believe the lie Maybe the sequel will disprove all of this, who knows?

All this debate is part of the reason TLOU is one of the best videogame stories ever btw.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
If you liked Detroit you should love Until Dawn, especially if you like horror movies. It really nails the tone of them and is a great couples game, trying to make the decisions together.

Don't get Beyond:Two souls. It's total garbage and wasn't worth it when it was free on plus.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Fifteen of Many posted:

I’m maybe 8, 9 chapters into Heavy Rain and have some issues.

1 - In the prologue, the dad walks around picking up things and looking at them, or in the case of toys plays with them. My dude picks up an RC car remote control off the dining room floor, races it about grinning to himself and PUTS IT BACK ON THE FLOOR. I’d leave his rear end too, dead kid or no!

2a - He picks a refrigerated roast dinner chicken and serves it up after about three seconds in the microwave. That’s not thoroughly cooked or (if precooked) warmed doofus! Bad parenting!

2b - My kid eats two bites and throws the rest away (no faulting him there, it’s cold rear end chicken and veggies) but does so by plopping the entire uneaten chicken leg and sides into the sink. This is an entire family of monsters.

3 - While investigating a crime scene, a detective uses VR magic to determine some origami likely cake from “the origami store.” But I mean like, it’s just paper? Dude could just make it? Does not follow!

Please keep posting these impressions, it only gets dumber as the game continues.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

JBP posted:

Resident Evil 4 is one of the funniest games ever made holy poo poo

E: i forgot the salesman is Australian as gently caress as well

The Merchant never reappearing is probably one of Resident Evils biggest crimes. I'd love to see him in 8.

I love how he's never explained at all. No backstory, no justification just "WHADAYA BUYING, STRANGER?"

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Anyone else get an email from Playstation with a bunch of your gaming stats for 2018 in?

Apparently overall I played 42 games for 937 hours, of which Bloodborne was 88 of them. Only a maximum of 4 hours in one sitting though.

It even has a breakdown of hours played and trophies earned for each month. Pretty neat info. I wish we could see this kind of stuff on demand though.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

enojy posted:

It's good, but an entirely different beast. It's basically the original PSX game, but graphically remastered. Pretty sure it's just a port of the Gamecube remaster, to give an idea of what it looks like.

It is a port of the gamecube version, just with a few graphical touchups, (sort of) widescreen support, and options for non-tank controls.

It's really good game but is still a 2002 remake of a 1996 style game. Fixed camera angles, aiming options being limited to 'up' and 'down' and lots of backtracking to get the key you forgot or run back to the storage box because you don't have any space for the crest you just found.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Whalley posted:

PSNow is good now, too, so long as your internet connection doesn't suck. I'm not subscribed to it any more because I'm playing far less games, but I tested Bloodborne on it on account of already having a copy (just as a comparison) and the input lag is next to nonexistent. In racing games it can still be noticable, but outside of that like... PSNow stopped being lovely.

(Most?) native PS4 games can just be straight up downloaded now and played like any other game too right?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Yakuza always takes a chapter or 2 of serious Japanese men talking seriously before you get to the proper goon-suplexing and silly side stories.

Speaking of Yakuza 0, I love the Cabaret Club minigame, there's something weirdly riveting about it. Way more interesting then the real estate stuff even though it's so much less profitable.

Also the fever time music is fuckin' rad. :dance: :dance:

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
https://twitter.com/game_signal_/status/1102044545347448833

Possible release date for The Last Of Us 2, seems pretty reasonable. Are there any major Sony games coming out this holiday?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

mastershakeman posted:

She's an adult, it isn't Kiryus place to judge her kink

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
I want someone to remake The Thing PS2 game, except that it actually lives up to the claims that game made about trust/fear/random squad members secretly being things. Also add multiplayer where 1 player is a thing secretly working against the rest of the squad.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Do the new user IDs still need to be unique? Surely not.

At least in the Japanese list, Bloodborne is listed as having a (non-serious) error. Does anywhere say what kind of error?

It says the 'non serious' errors are:

quote:

Previous online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players, or the online ID is no longer visible in some areas in a game title (in-game rankings, leaderboards, etc). For some game titles, the online ID will automatically update if you sign out and then sign back in to the game or when various gameplay activity is performed after sign-in;
User accounts on PlayStation may be unlinked from game accounts. Linking accounts again may restore the original linkage; and
Certain game settings may be initialized to their default state (audio setting, controller setting, etc). For some game titles, settings may be recovered if you sign out and then sign back in to the game.
These games are identified on the Games List by (Issues Identified*). These games are also separately listed in ‘Games with Issue Identified*’.

So no save wipes or anything like that.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Mr Snips posted:

I've reached the chalice Amygdala boss in bloodborne and it is definitely not fun only having half my health. At least this boss doesn't seem to have an attack that can one shot me like that loving firedog on the last depth

That fucker was the worst. Once it's done the last dungeon is a million times easier in comparison.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Man, I wish I could work up some enthusiasm for this game but it's just not there.

I'm only hyped for TLOU2 because of the Naughty Dog pedigree. What little they've shown so far wouldn't have registered with me at all beyond "technically impressive" if it wasnt for the last game being one of the best games ever and ND generally making great games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

I unironically hope this is the reason for her code name. Like whenever she's introduced into the game's story there has to be a long explanation of her tragic backstory and then the main character is like "so that's why she's called Fragile huh" and the explainer is like "What? No of course not you see in the 90s there wa-(10 minute codec call about Nine Inch Nails)"

That's pretty much why Dr Strangelove was called that in Peace Walker. That and she was bisexual.