Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

My 11th-dimensional analysis of CP2077 releasing with the next-gen consoles is because they perform so poorly on base hardware that CDPR needed a "we're sorry, here's your free upgrade" coupon for PSPoor + X-Got None owners.

Everyone buying cyberpunk for series S will be playing the one S version until the next gen patch comes out sometime next year.

Microsoft confirmed that one X patches won't run on series S since it has less ram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

This is a very odd game of telephone.

Microsoft confirmed that the 4K patches for backwards compatible 360 Xbox games won’t run on series S which is the 1440p Xbox. This has nothing to do with what CDPR targets for Series S for their brand new game.

https://www.gamespew.com/2020/09/xbox-series-s-wont-apply-xbox-one-x-enhancements-microsoft-confirms/

Microsoft didn't say that's just for 360 games. It's anything on series S running under backwards compatibility, which includes Xbox one games like cyberpunk until the patch comes out.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

I'm so tempted to hold off playing Cyberpunk until the real PS5 patch comes out...

My understanding for Cyberpunk specifically, is that it will have some improvements for next gen at launch (presumably in a next gen specific patch), but it's not getting official full next gen support until the "true" patch next year. Is that wrong? If it's not, I think the SS version will be different to the OX version.

Oh, thanks. Didn't realise they were doing two separate patches.

I feel sorry for developers having to support 3 playstations, 4 Xboxes and PC at launch. Even worse for Treyarch having to make a brand new cod in only 2 years.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

The ultimate gaming combo is everything except Xbox.

E: Even if you care about halo and gears

Image buying an Xbox and expecting to play Flight Simulator and Gears Tactics when they're released.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

stev posted:

How is it still not up on Amazon UK. The peripherals are all there.

Have they said anything about PC compatibility for the DS5? I might just order one of them if I can replace my DS4 with it and get the console itself next year.

You have to search for PS5, playstation 5 won't show you the console.

I was able to pre-order from Amazon UK just after 9AM, but trying to open the page it on the mobile store just took me back to the homepage, and they weren't selling the digital version. Not a problem for me though.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The back of the PS5 just has a port for the power cable, HDMI port, ethernet port and 2 USB ports. It's a shame they didn't have a way to plug the PSVR straight into the console. I can hide the breakout box but it's just a rat's nest back there.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

at least the usb ports are on the back, i really dont like the usb at the front being used for the psvr, just looks ugly.

You'll need one USB port for the camera (there's a free adapter for the current camera, but I don't know how to get it yet) and one to connect to the breakout box. You'll still need to use one of the front to charge a controller.

I'm thinking of getting a bigger external HDD, and there's an Xbox-branded 8TB Seagate drive with 2 USB ports on it. Although 4TB should be plenty of you don't have OCD for having absolutely everything installed

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

JBP posted:

I'm really keen to get on board the new generation Yakuza. I know it's been discussed but Yakuza: Like a Dragon is a loving cool title.

After this and Resident Evil: Biohazard, they need to make:

Streets of Rage: Bare Knuckle
Drakengard: Drag-on Dragoon
Boom Street: Fortune Street: Itadaki Street

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I'm a bit fed up and i have nothing i really want to play tonight, strongly considering finally starting resi evil 5 or 6

I really like 6, but unless you look up a guide you'll have no idea how you're supposed to play it. The tutorial barely teaches you anything, like it shows you how to mix herbs into healing tictacs through the menu but doesn't tell you that you can press the heal and reload buttons at the same time to do the same thing in 1 second.

It doesn't tell you how to duck, dodge roll, slide, quick shot to autoaim at multiple enemies, parry, recover stamina faster, etc.

RE6 is also fine in single player since your partner has infinite health and ammo. It's not like RE5 where it's miserable because they have all the same responsibilities as an actual player. If you do want to play co-op then players can seamlessly join or leave, you don't have to reach or reload a checkpoint.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I hope there is some way to transfer the save data in Yakuza 7 from the PS4 version to PS5. The trailer for the PS5 version of FFVII remake specifically mentions this feature so it must be possible. I don’t care about trophies so it doesn’t matter to me if they have separate trophy lists.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Just stretch it out to widescreen. Or ultrawide for the proper cinematic experience

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

BisterdDave posted:

I would love to be a fly on the wall in Jim Ryan's office and just understand exactly what their business strategy is currently. Like, cameras and microphones turned off and put away, and doors are closed. What do they really want to do moving forward? Who are they truly listening to, and who do they care about?

“gently caress Japan, all they care about is switch. If Japan Studio doesn’t have an Animal Crossing killer on my desk by Friday they’re all fired”

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Spalec posted:

I died during the Hell house battle when it had like 2% health left. I've never switched a game to easy so fast, gently caress doing that grind again. Most of the major battles take way, way too long. The entire game has a lot of padding in general. I'm still enjoying it overall, I missed FFVII first time round and have somehow missed all spoilers except for the big one.

Chip Cheezum’s let’s play is great for learning all the quirks and techniques the game doesn’t teach you in the tutorials. I also got wrecked on that fight because I didn’t have all four elements equipped though

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Do people like that? Maybe it’s my fault for not experimenting enough, but it felt to me like the game was obfuscating too much.

I guess I’m used to it from Capcom and SEGA action games, which can be much more enjoyable if you understand how they’re meant to be played from watching videos by people who are really good at them.

However, none of these are quite as bad as games like Minecraft and Team Fortress 2 that pretty much require a fan-made wiki open on a second monitor.

I really like replaying my favourite games, especially if they have harder difficulties, so I don’t mind this kind of design.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Any announcements about a switch version of 13 sentinels? I’d rather play something text-heavy on a handheld.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

nachos posted:

It’s probably fine to do the text parts via remote play on a phone and the rts parts on a tv. The rts poo poo doesn’t take longer than 10 mins per level.

I wish I could, but remote play is dreadful if your console isn’t connected to the router by an Ethernet cable, and our router is in the kitchen.

Even Final Fantasy X was a struggle because when you’re navigating menus you have to make sure it’s caught up so you’re selecting what you think you are. occasionally it will start spinning out of control because it thinks you held a direction down.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Guys, tell me which resident evil to pick up:

Code Veronica X
RE5
RE6

I have $6 in my psn wallet, and these are all on sale for $7-8 right now.

I already own 1 Remake, 2 remake, 3 remake, 4, 7 and village.

RE6 is one of my favourite third person shooters ever. However, it can give a really bad first impression because when you start the game you're forced to play through a tutorial filled with cutscenes and QTEs which doesn't teach you much apart from how to shoot and heal.

After this you'll have access to four campaigns as well as side modes like Mercenaries, all of which can be played in co-op. Both RE5 and 6 have a decent number of online players on PS4. You should use Mercenaries to try out different weapons and learn how to counter enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7-VLALTcco

In the settings you can make most QTEs auto-complete. You should also know basic techniques such as dodging, sliding, auto-mixing herbs and counters before starting the campaigns.

https://idoc.pub/documents/resident-evil-6-advanced-controls-guide-ps3-ylyxp7wj3znm

Personally, I think RE5 is just a much less interesting version of RE4. It's alright in co-op and awful in single player because your AI partner has all the same responsibilities as a human player. In RE6 your partner has infinite health and ammo but they can still die if you fail certain QTEs. RE6 also has drop-in drop-out co-op, while RE5 makes you restart from the last checkpoint to allow someone to join. Finally, if you want to get S ranks in the campaign you can die up to 3 times before it will affect your score.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Akuma posted:

I'm pretty sure this got left behind in the PS360 versions, or if it didn't it's very well hidden because I've not been able to find it.

It's under Game Settings -> Action Button Assist. Changing it to On makes QTEs easier, while Auto completes them automatically.

I just checked on the Switch version, but I think it's in all of them. Maybe just the Auto option is new. The only things I know the Switch version added are gyro aiming and the ability to use costumes during the campaigns. They're not in every cutscene though 🙁

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

6 is its own thing and an incredible experience and show of unbridled ambition that i cannot wait to see again with resident evil 9: Apocalypse

I want that so bad. It could be about all the characters teaming up to take down umbrella between CVX and RE4. Maybe next time they shouldn't advertise their cheesy gunkata B-movie as a return to the survival horror roots.

Watching that combat guide reminds me of how completely insane Capcom's designers were. I had no idea you could hold the taunt button while running to turn corners sharper. I bet there was one person who programmed that in and never bothered to tell anyone about it.

The controls definitely need to be streamlined though, using something similar to Vanquish and MGSV. RE6 is like going back to MGS2 and 3 with their pressure sensitive controls and trying to add too many actions to the MGS1 button layout.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Rockstar games have really bad "missions"

I've been playing Saints Row 1 and it's actually fun to play the game as it was designed. In Rockstar games I load them up just to run around for a bit and mess with cheats because any of the actual content is a frustrating waste of time.

The PS5 version is going to be full price with no upgrade option, I'm sure of it.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

The Switch Lite is much better than my launch Switch. It's far more comfortable to use and the d-pad makes a huge difference in 2D platformers. I can even kinda dock it and use my old PS4 controller with these two accessories.

The OLED Switch isn't a bad choice, but remember that if you're playing in docked mode then none of the improvements will affect you.

I'll only upgrade when there's a Switch Lite with an OLED screen and a faster processor.

bop bop perano posted:

yeah, one is a 10/10 game and the other is just 'pretty good'.

lol true. Comparing FF7 Remake to KH2 is at least better than comparing 3 to Remake, but I mean, yeah, both KH2/3 are by the same director, 3 and FF7 Remake were both made on Unreal Engine 4, and 3 should have had Cloud and Sephiroth but didn't for whatever reason, but 3 is messy, unfocused and about as jarring as hearing Goofy talk about Nobodies and Heartless, and FF7 Remake is so much more refined, as far as combat and basically everything else really.

KH3 Remind (and the free patch that came out at the same time) fixed nearly all of my issues with KH3, but it's still nowhere near as polished as FFVIIIR was at launch. Something they can't patch out is the cutscene and voice direction that feels straight out of an early Dynasty Warriors game, and is far worse than the PS2 KH games. Lock-on was completely busted in KH3 at launch (it would only lock on to enemies that were already on screen, even if there was only one enemy and they were behind you), lots of moves were slow, left you vulnerable and couldn't be cancelled, and there was only one easy optional boss to take on after beating the game.

The gameplay is massively improved now, so it's much harder to decide whether I prefer KH2 or 3. I think KH2 is much better designed and balanced, but there are weird rules for what you can and can't do, like not being able to use items in mid-air and blocking not being effective immediately after you press it. KH3 is full of completely broken and unbalanced abilities, but the All Pro Codes run makes you actually fight the bosses as they were designed to be. It's actually been a really fun challenge playing a mode where the only option to heal is to use a keyblade that gives you a chance to recover some health with each spell you cast.

I'm guessing Epic paid for the PC ports and Microsoft paid for the Xbox ports. Nintendo weren't willing to pay for proper Switch ports :( If they were ported individually I'd be happy to pick up KH2 and a DQXIS-style KH3 port. As long as the Data battles still run around 60fps they could do what they like to the graphics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

$3 saved from the used game store, then

Driveclub is still worth playing. The handling feels as good as Gran Turismo, but the cars have unnaturally high grip so you can push them a lot harder. Super cars are extremely fun to drive since you don't need to be perfect to avoid flying off the track.

All the environments and weather effects still look stunning and it's a crime we never got a 4K HDR 60fps update or an open world sequel.