Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Quote-Unquote posted:

Holy poo poo when was Full Throttle announced?! Preordered for under a tenner on the UK store.

A bit after DoTT Remastered was released I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ChocNitty posted:

I am about 3 hours into Yakuza 0 and i'm not feeling it. I remember enjoying the previous Yakuza game though. But maybe i've just been spoiled by a lot of great games over the past couple of years. It really does not feel like its any better than Shenmue from 15 years ago except improved graphics. Oddly enough the most fun i've had is trying to win prizes playing that claw machine game.

Try to get to Majima's section if you haven't already. That's been the turning point for a few people.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

When do we start seeing reviews of ME:A?

Embargo is up in a couple hours.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is there no guy Shepherd in ME:A?

There is, but everyone is focusing on the female one because people are focusing on the bad facial animations on her which she got the worst of and wondering why she's not as pretty as the model she was based on.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

fridge corn posted:

Ps4 games ive played :

Assassins creed unity
Assassins creed syndicate
Dragon age inquisition
Fallout 4
Final fantasy XV
Witcher 3
Dishonored 2
Xcom 2

Currently playing :

Bloodborne

To do list :

Horizon zero dawn
Witcher 3 dlc
Da inquisition dlc(????)
Assassins creed black flag
Shadow of mordor
Nioh
Mass effect Andromeda
Prey
?????

Missin' Nier: Automata on that list.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I still pay for PS+ for 10GB of cloud storage.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Sega is pretty bad at it too with Yakuza 0. Puts a black block in the lower right corner.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

PS3 games do it too, it's not just on PS4.

Realistically it's most Japanese game companies. I haven't seen many North American or European companies do it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Hope no one wanted to stream Persona 5 anytime soon. Outside of disabling PS4 native broadcasting and screenshots, Atlus went full on stupid and are going after anyone who streams past 7/7 in game with copyright strikes.

http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

does the fifth ending require another playthrough or is it something like a binary choice with the 4th ending that you can make an alternate save to see right away like the first game had?

Binary choice, you can select it from the chapter select screen so you don't have to replay the entire 4th playthrough again. After that it leads you into the final story ending.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

FYI in case you frequent Twitter, start setting up mute rules. Some dumbo tried to spoil Persona 5 to me through it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Someone set up a bot that automatically sends you spoilers if you mention 'Persona 5' and 'spoilers' in a tweet.

#persona5 was enough to trigger it. I didn't see what it said fortunately.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

I've managed to do each dungeon in P5 in the absolute minimum days but man that first one was really tough. I had to reload the final section a few times till I figured out how to best get into as few fights as possible. I may be extremely stubborn.

Anyway it gets way easier to do it after the first one.

That's good to hear. I just finished the first palace last night and the last few floors were murder.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Man, Persona 5 is awesome. And this battle theme is loving catchy.

And on that note:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUWQFnC2zqU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Guillermus posted:

I see that Nier Automata is doing well both on PC and PS4 because Bayonetta just showed up on Steam. I know this is the PS4 thread but holy poo poo this is great news, it shows that both Sega and Platinum are doing well.

Or someone realized there is a market to be had on the PC. Unfortunately Bayo2 won't show up unless Nintendo signs off on it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

Is there a was to play catherine on the ps4?

I believe it's on PSNow.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

What is the genre of music in persona 5? It's sloop good

Acid Jazz.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Spalec posted:

It's only really a historical curiosity really, despite being a lovely as hell game its impact on the industry was huge.

The "Over 1.5 hours of full motion video" really makes me laugh. It seems so quaint, like when movies from the 90s talked about 50GB harddrives like it was some crazy impossible space-tech no-one would ever need.

I totally appreciate the Sega CD and Sega 32X CD spines.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

Someone's forgetting the FF6 ios port

Still the loving worst redesign.

:barf:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

kajeto posted:

Is PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds coming to the PS4? I read somewhere that the developer wanted to bring it to consoles but I don't know if it's been confirmed. This looks like a lot of fun and I wish my old PC could run it.

Nothing's been confirmed.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Harlock posted:

I didn't enjoy Zestria or Xillia, will I like Tales of Beseria? For reference I enjoyed Hearts R a lot.

Probably not. The story and combat camera is better than Zestria but if you didn't like the last few, you may not like Berseria.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also on Far Cry 5: It looks like you can pick the gender and race of the protagonist

:hellyeah:

Can't wait to see the tweets about white genocide on it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What's the likelihood of the PS4 and/or Pro getting a price drop this year? I've been putting off getting one, but keeping a list of games I want when I finally cave. The list is getting long and ugly.

PS4 technically got a price drop by way of the 1TB HDD being standard now instead of the 500GB. We may see a drop on the Pro by the time Project Scorpio is out. That is of course if it's priced competitively. If it ends up being way more, Sony won't do a thing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

New icons.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Giant Bomb has their Quick Look of Tekken 7 up:

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-tekken-7/2300-12090/

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Tidbit I hadn't​ heard before from this pre-E3 roundup article: Kojima is building Death Stranding on Guerilla's HZD engine. That's about the next best thing to the Fox engine I guess.

Really? It was like a headline at most game sites like... last year? Mostly because people noticed the Decima engine logo that showed up in the 2nd trailer and asking what that was.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Awesome! posted:

i didnt realize shadow warrior 2 got a ps4 release last month. how does it run?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev3cOGNzd8Q

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Szurumbur posted:

Also regarding the PS4 Pro - is the Boost mode generally a function one should have enabled at all times, or mostly on a discretionary basis? I think I heard that the Pro-patched games disable it on their own, but some games aren't really enchanced by it?

Boost mode only affects un-pro patched games, generally any game prior to the release of the Pro. It has no bearing at all on Pro enabled games.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Finally bought Horizon: Zero Dawn. Sony's Days of Play retailer sale combined with a Toys 'R' Us Rewards code that was randomly sent to me the other week got it down to $25 before shipping. :woop:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Uncle w Benefits posted:

How can I customize my main menu area? The bar which lists all the games I play and apps I have. I have only 2 or 3 apps I use, and the rest are games. How can I add and remove things from that?

Folders and that's about it, the system manages it for you and drops off unused icons into your Library.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hello, I just got 330 bucks of gamestop cash.

Is the PS4 Slim Gold 1TB Limited Edition Something Something 250$ the best deal it'll get this summer or should I wait for their conference in case a shinier and cheaper bundle gets announced?

Wait till at least Sony's conference at the very latest. I figure they have to drum up something to steal Scorpio's thunder so I would expect a Pro bundle or sale.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Mordiceius posted:

Anyone here use Playstation Vue? My mom's trying it out on her PS4 in a hope to cut cable.

Any luck with pairing Roku/Amazon Fire/Applie TV? Which would you recommend?

Tried it on both Roku and Fire TV. Excellent on the Fire TV and total garbage on Roku. When I tried it there it used the basic Roku UI and was clunky as gently caress. On the Fire TV, it's similar to how it's presented on the PS4, way better.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

So with the Xbone X being $499. There may not be a price cut on the Pro. But still be vigilant until the Sony presser tomorrow because i could be very well wrong.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Was the Xbox conference in 4k? I watched that one on Dorito Pope's channel and never considered that Sony would do 4k on youtube but it looked great.

It was, Phil Spencer touted it at the beginning of their presser.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Have they said if MVC is going to be the same pile of nightmare poo poo DLC as as street fighter yet?

More or less. The season pass is real bad.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I'm confused about dbz? Dragon ball z, right?

I swear there's a handful of companies that just pump out a new DBZ game every 3-6 months for all platforms that are like b-rated movies, is that not the norm?

It's just one company. Bandai Namco has the game license currently and they dole out the development responsibilities to other studios. This is the first time it went to a good one though.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

MechaSeinfeld posted:

My bad, I've been looking at the E3 threads so I just assumed everyone was on the same page when it comes to announcements.

I'm no fighting game expert, but Arc Systems, the developers of guilty gear xrd, have some sort of magic powers that allow them to make the best looking fighting games. Now they're making a dragon ball fighting game that looks like it's gonna just eat MvCs lunch.

But this is all what I've assumed from trailers and hearsay. So I'll happily be proven wrong if Marvel turns out to be excellent.

Fans of MvC are not happy with the roster cut I can tell you that. Most of the top level players used at least one or two X-Men characters and they're are not 100% on board with 2 man teams.

Edit: To clarify, due to some renegotiating of Marvel's game licensing, all X-Men related characters got dropped.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 13, 2017

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

BreakAtmo posted:

Wait, really? I just assumed Marvel wanted to advertise only the characters they have the movie rights to, not that they literally weren't allowed to use X-Men.

bloodychill posted:

I was under this assumption as well. There are many other games with XMen characters, including the recently ported Diablo-like and the Marvel Lego game. Might be something specific to Capcom, like they had leased the rights from someone who doesn't want to offer them up anymore or doesn't have the rights anymore either.

Marvel is still calling the shots on licensing, so yes it's very much them focusing on MCU related characters. Marvel Heroes gets away with it because that's an entirely different studio working on that and that game was in development years before MvC: Infinite was even a twinkle in Capcom's eye (2009 if Wikipedia is correct) and have an entirely separate licensing deal. Considering that Marvel Heroes is a F2P game, it sees potentially more players than whatever a MvC could ever hope to court and if players are ever so familiar with Marvel characters, they would most definitely notice missing X-Men characters like Wolverine or Magneto.

Edit: Oh, and I just remembered, it was also just a few years ago that MvC2 and UMvC3 were removed from digital sale temporarily. Same thing here. Capcom had to re-license to bring them back to the PlayStation Store/Xbox Live.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 13, 2017

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I think the leaks (or were they just rumours?) said that the x-men were going to be dlc along with the dark stalker characters that were cut from the roster.

If that ends up being true then Capcom's DLC plans are even more shittier than I originally thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Feenix posted:

I dont really have a horse in the console race. That said, I identify primarily as a PS4 guy. That said, that said... I felt like E3 I would most likely have a biased edge towards Sony. That said, that said, that said.. I felt it was pretty boring.

I was not disappointed anywhere... more just like, "Yep, that's a game. I will play it."

That's more or less it, just stuff we already knew and stuff from last year and like, one surprise (unless you monitor leaks).