Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
This is a pretty dumb question but roughly how easy is it to learn Blood Bowl? Those new models on the warhammer community site look absolutely sick, so I'm curious if it's worth investing into the rules/materials required for playing so that once the pandemic is over I can bring it to a friends place for pizza and beer nights.

The new spooky team looks fun as hell to paint, particularly the scarecrows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Altered Cyborg Alien Brotherhood

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Get some pig-man heads and make donuts out of little elastic bands

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Cease to Hope posted:

do not play blood bowl with anyone you are not willing to grow to hate

I don't wanna play blood bowl but I would love to paint up the new Necromantic Horror Team: The Wolfenburg Crypt-Stealers

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Three new GW boxed games coming soon:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/03/peek-inside-three-new-warhammer-boxed-games-arriving-in-2021/

I can't tell what's up with Bladeborn - is it just a new season of Underworld? Is it a fully new game that looks exactly like Underworld? I'm confused.

I hope fireteam is fun, that looks cool so far from the preview.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
if it's like $150 i'm getting it

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hihohe posted:

They showed off this lady

And all i can think of is

The bulge is way too small.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I've found that going into a 40k discussion group and typing the phrase "But why CANT we have female space marines???" is akin to tossing a grenade into a china shop.

oh word?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

how this leads to "poo poo like black Thor" and other racist and misogynistic poo poo that I lost all my will to do anything with this hobby.

Grognards ruin everything. So that's why I painted up my TWC sergeant with a black skin tone (also to practice painting different skin tones) and now I really want to make a squad of shieldmaidens with jump packs.

I recently saw on instagram that one dude is making a black panther themed space marines chapter and is loving killing at it:

https://www.instagram.com/blackpantherastartes/

https://www.instagram.com/p/COQPHAVncEn/

Don't let those scumbag losers get you down. Keep up the good work that you've shared in other threads and know that there are actually a lot of people who want everyone to enjoy things and be part of the fun.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Moola posted:

Misters of Battle should definitely be a thing too

I vaguely recall hearing about some custom custodes models that are basically JoJo characters with helmets on.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Verisimilidude posted:

Those priming sticks are great, but a solution I've found is taking a wooden shim or paint can mixer and stick some sticky tac to it. That's what I use when I prime multiple things simultaneously, and it's a few bucks worth of materials rather than the $20+ GW charges.

glue magnets under your bases (which you should be doing for transport later) and use a metal stick.

EZ

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Moola posted:

Wait glue and talc powder? I've never tried this but it sounds like it would get super messy

Got any videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slCMkvEfK_U

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I used some store credit to pick up the warcry lizard man box because those models are super sick. If they do little boxes like that but for 40k factions I'm so loving hype.

I hope the new KT is different than the current one. I have friends that want to play 40k but don't have the time or money to get into building or painting whole armies. So the idea of smaller teams is an easier sell.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
How big is the board for KT?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i'm just gonna have a cheat sheet with circle = this and pentagon = that

And then then just measure poo poo in inches

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
COVID is still beyond scarily present in Florida so I'm not going to get to play a game for a while, but I'm putting together some kill teams.

Dug around in an old box to find some old necrons, then rebased them kinda lazily with the idea of making them look underwater but didn't want to put in effort so just some drybrushing

My tau that I shelved because of 9th edition are going to get some love as holy poo poo this looks like a proper kill team

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

played kill team today and it was very fun. chaos daemons seem incredibly strong. six bloodletters and six pink horrors seems like it would be hard for a lot of factions to deal with. Repentia are completely insane, only being able to block their attacks with your own crits is brutal to deal with. Melee feels great, much more drama in general than in Big 40k.

Space Marines being able to double shoot is pretty drat gnarly. Reivers are probably the best marines by a longshot, with auto rifle intercessors a close second.

I think every team has some sauce and cool flavor to them. Like how tau stealth suits are basically the Predator because you can't shoot them at all unless the tau player is a moron. The best way to deal with them is to punch them in the face but you risk eating some burst cannon shots at point blank.

I want to put together a Custodes team just for fun to watch one charge a dude, kill them in fighting, shoot another dude, then dash behind a wall. Or just have a shield guy hang out in engage order all game as he tanks every shot you throw at him.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Scandalous posted:

look i don’t have anything insightful to say but i’m still really enjoying Nu Kill Team. took my Imperial Guard for a spin minus the ten plasma guns and while the first match was a crash lesson on how quickly Guardsmen die outside of Conceal it’s been a real blast, can’t emphasise how much more fun it is than KT2018

I've been doing teaching games with friends, just simple lists of stuff like tau/dark eldar/marines and no secondaries. The idea is just to make the focus of the game into learning how LOS and orders work. By the end of Turning Point 1 they get the gist of it and then in Turn 2 poo poo goes down as everyone goes loud. It's been super fun. I can't wait to test drive the kommandos, I've been keeping it simple while teaching as it seems a little gatchya to throw that many specific rules at new players.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ok I got some goofy rules interaction questions regarding Kill Team 2021:

1: The tau stealth suit's camouflage rule states "Each time an enemy operative makes a shooting attack, unless it is within 2" of this operative or it is a subsequent attack made as a result of the blast special rule, this operative is always treating as being in cover for that shooting attack."

Now does that mean that the model is always in cover, IE literally can't be shot no matter what (even if it is in clear LOS like in the middle of nowhere) while in conceal order? Or does it not affect visibility, and is just for the sake of defense dice?

2: Friendly models can use other models to block LOS.

Does this chain? I'm very sure this is against the spirit of the rules and will not work, but can you run a stealth suit in the middle of the board in conceal, then conga line a bunch of dudes behind it, and so long as all of them are in conceal they literally can't be shot from most angles?

Edit:

If all the tau had conceal orders, can this marine can see any of them.

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 21, 2021

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ristolaz posted:

I have a different interpretation of basically all of this.

My assumption is that when the stealth suit's ability says "when an opponent makes a shooting attack", it means that the ability takes effect from the start of the opponent's shoot sequence. Step 2 of the shoot sequence is "Select valid target", and at that point, the stealth suit is in cover and has a conceal order, so is not a valid target.

If the ability was meant to only provide cover saves and not affect targetability, I would expect the ability to read something like "when an opponent makes a shooting attack that targets this operative" or "when an opponent makes a shooting attack, in the roll defence dice step,", etc.

For the second point, the rules essentially say that another operative's base counts as cover. And again, cover + conceal order = not valid target. No need to measure visibility.

I would rule that the above marine cannot target any of those tau. (but the tau have spent a whole turn, 25% of the game, to arrange themselves like this and not shoot or fight, so they probably lose the game. Nevermind that they are only protected from that one marine and not others, and only if he doesn't have a grenade)

The conga line is just a goofy hyperbolic example to prove a point. Realistically I'd just have them do the buddy system where a fire warrior or drone gets paired with a stealth suit to then move across the board and do objectives together.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ristolaz posted:

Honestly until a FAQ comes out, seems like it might be effective. The way that cover lines work, it seems like it's fairly easy to hide behind another model

It's a dumb strategy that gets nullified by vantage points (which should be on every board) but can seemingly be effective at certain parts of a board.

I submitted a form on Goonhammer about it but idk how to ask GW about clarification. Maybe make a Reddit post and get them interested in it?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ristolaz posted:

It looks like Engagement Range means you just need to be within 1" and have visibility of the target, so measuring from the your model's head and so on. It doesnt mention cover or being obscured. I would say that you can fight over a barricade or even through a window as long as you have "visibility"

Yeah and you can't charge something that isn't visible? So you can't charge someone concealed on the other side of light terrain because they don't count as being visible. However, if they were in engage you could charge over(or up to) the barrier?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Randalor posted:

Size of the build plate would be a decent starting point. Consumer resin printers have a tiiiiiny build area. One big enough to print 28mm scale Rhinos would not be cheap.

Clicking on people's post histories is hard:

goodness posted:

Anycubic Photon, got it with one of the recent Ebay coupons

goodness posted:

Got a printer and did a thing, too small but it looks great.

unless those recent pictures are like full size rhinos that marines ride in and not cute little ones for epic then idk man

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm trying to give them money and they wont let me

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I expected a "pay what you want" thing like on bandcamp for really indie albums butwas disappointed when I couldn't toss them $3 or whatever

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bottom Liner posted:

cant be worse than assembling necron warriors. specifically the arms (I'm doing my Kommandos next week and will report back on this)

the ork arms are dummy easy. the sockets are massive and keyed to only go in one way

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Would you have written the same thing if they had edited the quote to say something other than a naughty word? It seems that people care more about the word itself than the intention of the word.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Leperflesh posted:

If they hadn't made an ableist slur in the text, then of course I could not have objected to an ableist slur in the text.

Ableist slurs aren't "naughty words." That's deflection via rhetorical trick. "gently caress" is a naughty word, but its one with no victims. Ableist slurs have victims.

Word not sentiment. Got it. That's pretty dumb, moronic, idiotic, and stupid.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
an LGS i go to has gloomhaven, would it be worth picking up to try to get friends into?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
aroma therapy cases are pretty good for storing paint bottles. I got a cheap rolling set of drawers from ikea and use that to store all my painting stuff now. Pretty useful for home organizing.

I got this one

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/helmer-drawer-unit-on-casters-black-20341970/

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Battlefoam just seems outrageously overpriced for a $20 solution you can make with magnets, a baking tray, some epoxy adhesive, and a big plastic box.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The octarius box was such a good deal, congrats for getting it for cheap. The terrain is super modular for KT and really fun

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
You can get the guard separately now, which is nice

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I kinda wanna get cursed city but I know I'll impulse buy it when I see it at an LGS

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
GW is really really bad at making rules easy to find, or collected in one place

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/NoRqWNpHoXuqIbg8.pdf

Edit: and DG really stink at playing the objective with their 4" movement

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Improbable Lobster posted:

Also serveral compendium teams are now officially replaced by their White Dwarf teams, confirming that not buying the compendium was the right choice.

The compendium should have been a free pdf, like most of the rulebooks should be

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Let my dudes try to John Woo style snap-fire their guns when sliding over terrain in kill team.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Necromunda is as good as the community it's played in. I know every game is but especially with NM. New KT is crazy good but tbh only if you play a faction with a full, new release... there's just so much more depth and character than the factions that haven't yet. Imo.

The new KT is the most fun I've had in a tabletop game for a while. Feels like xcom but on a tabletop. The bespoke, non-compedium teams are way better but only a few (kroot, death guard, necrons) teams feel utterly useless. It's super cool that i can tell my friends "grab a handful of dudes then come to the games store. actually gently caress it, I got some teams for you to borrow" because the real barrier for entry is if people can paint up a squad of dudes. Also yeah the rulebooks and poo poo

I'm hype for the new box as I skipped the chalnath box because everything seemed super lame, meanwhile this one seems more fun.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Hedningen posted:

Not gonna lie, looks like that gun’s firing tactical buttplugs.

sigmund freud just rolled a bunch of sixes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yeah but those things rule