Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

What's up with that URL?

It links to the right product, but expands to

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/54pcs-sexy-playing-cards-plastic-coated-with-erotic-scenes-from-Ancient-greek-pottery-nude-sex-poker/32350586018.html

NoneMoreNegative posted:

DX sometimes has fun crop up as well

http://www.dx.com/p/men-s-solid-color-shoulder-strap-jacket-sexy-thong-underwear-black-459633#.WMHd65HfXxw

Ladies, could you ever resist this on a man!?

minor NWS

Can any Europeans comment on this "European style"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Duh Ugh posted:

As a connoisseur of cheapass dollar store energy drinks, I can tell you that poo poo is terrible. Hmmmm.. I know buying food from China is a bad idea, but I wonder if I can get weird energy drinks from Ali.

Edit
http://s.aliexpress.com/73uq6bym Might be on to something here.

Double edit: or not, looks like that's just the bags. Really aught to read before I link. Meh, still odd product.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Free-sample-High-quality-Caffeine-powder_60261397173.html

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Duh Ugh posted:

This is just what my kidneys need! I wonder how much caffeine powder I can snort before my nose rots off...

I bet 1 Kilogram (Min. Order) would do it. If not, Supply Ability: 2500 Kilograms per Month should do.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

RocketSurgeon posted:

Ordered a RAZER DEATHADDER 100% ORIGINAL MOUSE LOWEST PRICE for 22 dollars. I hope it wont be an actual dead adder in the box.

Better than a live adder.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Oh no I meant "in order of original desire when ordered," which is why I was confused

I was just expecting answers like"impatience" or "that's how the universe is," "cognitive dissonance" kinda threw me lol

Cognitive dissonance probably isn't the right term, but there's something like confirmation bias there. Chances are the order the objects the arrive in is more or less random, but because you're anticipating some items any delay for those is more noticeable. And vice versa, the disappointment is exaggerated when it's not the item you wanted and your brain lets those memories form the basis for a pattern that isn't there.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Horse Clocks posted:

I feel there's a lot of 'mafia/counterfeit are going to con me' sentiment in this thread.

Isn't 90% of alibabas merchant income generally dropshipping/whitelabel business? Why the animosity?

Sure, it's cheap, but is it "mix arsenic into the plastic" cheap?

Sure, there's some 'this smells like death reanimated' stench from some boxes, but given most of the cheap poo poo on amazon prime is the same garbage, is there much difference between that and alibaba? Other than the 200% markup?

It's probably usually fine, but there's no accountability and do you really want to take the chance? It's less of a "let's mix arsenic into the plastic" and more of a "we've got some material that may or may not be suited for this purpose laying around, maybe that will let us make a few more units".

Personally, I'm not going to buy anything that I would put in my mouth or would be a fire hazard if defective, and assume that anything that can be is loaded with malware.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

You guys got me obsessed with knock-off minifigs. I've ordered a whole horror movie (and KFC and Back to the Future) set and I just now ordered like four visible anatomy minifigs.

Donald Trump with Chinese characteristics?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

RocketSurgeon posted:

Have you ever thought about building your own sausage making empire?1?! Well think no more because ali has you covered: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/14m...addresstype=600
Ps: rename me "Pig Sausage Pipe"

This is where og Ali Baba shines

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/sausage-line-using-stainless-steel-marinade_60546207434.html

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ZG3000-Vacuum-Filler-Professional-vacuum-meat_60543252542.html

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ZXL-500-New-Commercial-Sausage-Smoker_60648148637.html

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

evobatman posted:

The trick is to make the kickstarter, wait for the Chinese factories to copy it and sell it on Aliexpress, and then send the copies to your backers.

I haven't heard of this happening yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has.

Alternatively, how great would it be if Chinese factories started using kickstarter for marketing their own new products?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

spog posted:

10 compasses for £2

I will never get lost again!

You can take the average bearing of all 10 compasses and get a more accurate reading than 1 £2 compass!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

But honestly if you have cub scouts or something the compasses are probably fine.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

JointHorse posted:

That's quite the URL.. ps you only need the bolded part, the rest is search history & user tracking bullshit.

[edit] Wow, it broke the tables. Cleaning up..

But how else will the rest of us get to enjoy random languages each time we load AliExpress?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Furia posted:

I feel like you glossed over the umbilical cord bit of that

And what's that opening under it for?

e: Oh, learned a new word today.

quote:

Fine, soft hair, especially that which covers the body and limbs of a human fetus or newborn.

Well then....

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The pidgin in the review here is interesting. AliExpress is bringing the world closer together with zany panties.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Unfortunately sometimes they do seem to pull things for safety reasons. I bought a 5-pack of keychain switchblades (that also just popped open now and then) for a couple bucks from DealExtreme a few years back and can't find them anywhere these days.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

Automatic belts are seriously awersome and I hope they catch on in the US

It just seems so ... trivial? The process of using a traditional buckle is muscle memory for most people, and if the selling point is that a strip of leather that will last for years anyway might last somewhat longer it's not a super compelling argument to try something new.

Maybe if you're shopping for someone's first belt?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

Since the topic of seeds and Dollar Tree have both come up in the past, I'm happy that DT is filling the incredibly cheap seed-shaped hole in my heart left by AliExpress banning seed sales.

Is it really worth it if they're not mystery seeds?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Bummey posted:

Okay, yeah, I'm convinced. Hope I don't get a hair hiding black one COLOR RANDOM

The best part is where certain items won't let you add to a shopping cart until you pick a color ... and the only choice is random.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

Can't wait to get shot for brandishing a rainbow 9mm

lol

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rif...2848790598.html

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Bored posted:

I applied for it. Diamond painting looks pretty boring, but I wanna hang that in my living room to embarrass my roommate.

Here is one of today's freebies:

Looks more like a pastry shrimp than a crayfish.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

r u ready to WALK posted:

The only way it could be sort-of-safe is if you can autoclave it

Alternatively, put pens in it and keep it away from your mouth altogether.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Lol, just going to plug discount imported electronics into my cash registers.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

BoldFace posted:

You could also try buying one of those Bluetooth receivers that turn your regular headphones into wireless ones. I have the Mi Receiver and it gives 4.5 hours of playback at full volume. Twenty bucks.

Why not just plug them into the phone at that point?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

I don't know if I'd want to DNA test AliExpress leather out of fear that it comes back as being human leather

Unless human leather is cheaper, you have nothing to worry about.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

spog posted:

I may grind the tip off, making it useless for its main purpose or see if I can try to encase it in hot melt glue.

If it's covered in hot glue, you might find yourself in trouble in ... "tactical" situations. Maybe a holster?

Alternatively, just a normal pen.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Furia posted:

Does anybody have any experience with elbowpads, kneepads, shoulderpads etc? I just got a bicycle and I’m a fan of not breaking things

Ideally something that fits without straps i.e. slip ons but I am not specially picky. Would be using over clothing so sizing may be an issue

It's probably not necessary unless you're doing some hard mountain biking, but the biking forum might have some suggestions and you can find the knockoffs on aliexpress.

On the other hand, safety gear is maybe not something you want to take chances with unless it's just for show.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Crotch Fruit posted:

I'm very curious to know how well these work. Thus far, I have tried genuine Mr Clean brand and Walmart generic brand, I felt the Walmart generic ones fell apart way to easily so I'm kinda nervous about trying an even cheaper Ali brand. I'm also mildly afraid that the Ali brand might melt my skin off. :shrug:

The Ali generic melamine sponges will fall apart pretty much right away, but it works out at something like 1/100 of the price. You can basically use them like paper towels.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

e: ^ what they said ^

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

why are people terrified of the imported crap on ali as if it isn't the exact imported crap in walmart

i honestly can't think of anything other than casual racism at this point

The extra layer of markup sometimes pays for an extra layer of QA. And the retailer could in theory be pinned with some liability if something slips through.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

norp posted:

New Year Best Gift Happy Christmas Santa Toilet Seat Cover
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/v9IE6W5

You can see the fear in his eyes.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Hug in a Can posted:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bcPwLV1q

It's a little more expensive than the competition, but you do you! Get your booty shorts on!
There are good before and after shots in the reviews- I think they're really flattering, all jokes rear end-ide :v:

"02 - meat color"

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

super sweet best pal posted:

Better get used to Amazon's prices.

AliExpress doesn't seem cheaper most of the time for item in the $10+ range, mostly this seems like it would kill the $2 items shipped halfway around the world for free. Which is sad :(

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

goatface posted:

There are so many cheap options that are bio-safe that I'd be surprised if they were using anything else. That watch dial is almost certainly phosphorescent rather than tritium or whatever.

It's probably fine, but why take the chance? The risk isn't that they substituted in something more expensive and toxic, but used leftover mystery filler to stretch a production run.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Way to go, FA, you've started the stupidest internet thing since Tide Pods!

Need to convince people that elemental lead is safe like mercury, so they can stick their arm into a liquid vat of it.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

nashona posted:

I was browsing the 11.11 sale and came across this beauty.

It's been said before, but heads up that the full print shirts tend to be a stretchy, warm material that's not great for much other than the initial novelty.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

subpar anachronism posted:

Anyone seen a decent price for those black round spheres that are for air layering plants? Not having much luck searching.

This? https://www.aliexpress.com/af/air-layering-plant-propagator-pod.html

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

For these prefab houses, is it assumed you call in contractors to grade the lot, lay down a pad, and install utility connections before you take over? That takes a lot of the homesteading charm out of the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

By popular demand posted:

I'm told that in chinese it's all about the intonation, I wonder what they're saying.

I had to look again to realize they weren't complaining about the UI.