Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

rudatron posted:

how can a thread be an echochamber when each page is only there for like a minute

there's no time to echo

you make a post, maybe one of two people post back at you, boom, a new trump tweet drops, and everyone is on that instead

its like yelling into the void, try it some time

maybe not echochamber

what about the steady humming of an engine running at a fixed frequency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
everybody posting in dnd is a troll, one way or another

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

DoctorGonzo posted:

I think Hillary would also have lost to JEB!. I dont know if that is funnier or sadder!

Also Lastgirl: Dont drink too much. ITS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH!

The funny thing is that she would have lost to him much more decisively than to Trump.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Literally this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3_kUaYFJA

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

How blind must you be not to notice the material is completely different.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Liberalism was devised specifically to protect rich people's money. That's its first and only component. All other apparent ideas are either an extension of the core principle, or a concession to keep the plebs from sharpening their guillotines.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
My daughter has just made a postcard for the police department

"Calm down about the murder of my mom by my dad, please"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

FuriousxGeorge posted:

pre-cosby buress minus the overwhelming victim and eyewitness testimony. But still, I think there is a good standup routine to be developed here.

Whatever you may think of Patton Oswalt the comedian, it's undeniable that under the homely exterior Patton Oswalt the criminal is a chillingly methodical man who doesn't leave witnesses.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

call to action posted:

Can I guess your opinion on restricting H-1Bs to high salary jobs?

I don't remember who it was, but I had an argument on these very forums with some poster in which he simultaneously frothed at the mouth against the racism of stupid rednecks in making it harder for illegals to get jobs in agriculture, and laid sick burns on lazy, dumb, culturally incompatible, unreliable, cheating, untrainable... Indian immigrants taking jobs in his cushy tech firm.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I though Overwatch was a game where character-less avatars killed each other in arenas devoid of story. I don't remember Quake III having elaborate official extended universe fanfiction for each of the character models.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. like do these people ever turn the gently caress off. is there anything that doesn't loving "offend" them. i was on the mass effect thread and a few people were unironicaly extreamly upset that the new game has space exploration and colonazation on it. because that means it be just like the congo and columbus.

Rocks are people too, rear end in a top hat.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

FuzzySkinner posted:

"They'd rather lose being corporatist democrats, then win with a progressive narrative"- Jimmy Dore.

As such they personally benefit from the right wing policies of the GOP which they allow to win by being lovely politicians, AND they get to have good, safe careers as "opposition" leaders who are, by virtue of they position, totally beyond reproach no matter how loathed and corrupt they become. So they make money keeping progressives away from power, and enjoy tax breaks and reduced responsibility to the public given to them by the right wing.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The fact that Hillary picked "gosh darned Bush was too much of a brilliant schemer for me to see through his web of intrigue" as the best possible defense of her vote is a terribly underappreciated page in the election saga.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MaxxBot posted:

If Hillary had actually evolved her views into being more anti-interventionist in the ensuing 14 years that would be one thing but it doesn't seem like her philosophy has really changed, she just obviously had to disavow the Iraq vote because it's politically toxic.

Additionally she voted for the war at least in part because Bush bribed her with relief money for NY, which is also a disqualifying trait, imho, either she displayed an incredibly naivete by interpreting Bush's courting of her as show of good will, or showed a callous disregard for the consequences of tit for tat politics as well as a terrible lack of foresight. Whichever interpretation you pick, it's bad.

steinrokkan has issued a correction as of 16:21 on Mar 28, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T76IPVdkDZ4&feature=share

lol. basicaly the end result of super woke bullshit.

Protip: If you are going to steal POC valor, don't use a surname from a country that is 99.9% white.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MaxxBot posted:

Woah Bernie is homophobic now too? That's a new one, before he was merely racist and sexist.

https://twitter.com/CanadiensFan/status/846911413050212352

But it is not sexist and homophobic to implicitly suggest that women and gays are not blue collar workers.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Oh Snapple! posted:

but geralt to my knowledge shows plenty of emotion :confused:

he just doesn't constantly state how he feels.

Sadbrains love to overcompensate and project their crippling lack of emotional capacity onto anything that isn't extremely emotionally charged and going through wild mood swings all the time. Hence the love of SU and hate of anything with subtlety.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

wizard on a water slide posted:

maybe they just like the cartoon and/or dislike the videogame about the gruff swordsman dude

idk that I can get behind that, because witcher 3 is pretty good, but like not every preference in entertainment media is indicative of serious psychological and emotional problems (or alternately the choice between childrens cartoons about dyke superwomen and fantasy videogames about monster hunting is a wash in that regard)

Having strong preferences and personal / political involvement in entertainment media is a mental disorder, im a huge prick.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dapper_Swindler posted:

there are more from other people. but this is why i will always hate stupid "progressive" assholes. they would take the side of wahabists because a magazine's brand of anti-racist satire is "problematic".

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so i found this today.

http://sjwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

its a real legit social justice wiki. its... interesting to say the least.

http://sjwiki.org/wiki/Ally#.WPZKBTz3bYU

this one legit makes me depressed. they dont want allies, they want blind sheep who just listen and do whatever they say and if they gently caress up(because the party line changes daily) they will be cast out.

"Example of an ally erasing asexuality from the LGBTA acronym.[4]"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, make a a mistake, get thrown out and ostracized. I like instersectionality alot. the issue is these people arn't practicing it. its just the zealot bullshit so they can feel awsome. the alt right does the same poo poo.

Intersectionality means that you must keep cutting your platform into ever smaller bits, which do not interact with each other and are individually too small to affect anything at all, now sit down, shut the gently caress up and listen.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MaxxBot posted:

:yikes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuAm7jDCd-E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZHDAjOPkUo

I think I've changed my mind on cultural appropriation, ban white people from doing that please.

im now affiliated with isis

steinrokkan has issued a correction as of 09:56 on Apr 24, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
jrpgs are invariably utter trash

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Who is this movie bob and why do people including the god drat aclu care about somebody called the movie bob

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yes. Money worries as in "where will i put all this money". Distinct from no money worries.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
lol if you ever thought you would find political allies on tv

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

What's the back story to kathy griffin and trump?

Kathy Griffin took a picture holding a severed, blood drenched Trump's head.

Now people are attacking her and she says it's a systematic campaign of defamation and bullying by the Trump family itself.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I like that there is apparently a non-zero number of people who care about what icon somebody has next to their name on twitter

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Byolante posted:

Does that mean its ok to play mr brokebrain's bladerunner knockoff and shoot a lot of feminists and racial equality people then? Horizon was pretty good with this because male and female enemies were totally interchangeable in combat so you could have some equal opportunity murdering.

lol nobody would have even heard about your retarded little game without idiots like you being so predictably controlled by pavlovian reflexes and compulsively screaming about it with foam dribbling down your chins

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
in simpler terms: if you don't want some obscure dork's half-assed "game" getting publicity, don't be its main source of publicity

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Good, situations like these make people show their true allegiances.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Get out you loving normies, reeee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jm_eUQSYAk

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Also remember to shitpost on 4chan so much that talking about pepe, normies and frogs becomes the main content of your paleocortex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfKVKmqzCIs

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HIJK posted:

Whedon has been on a downhill slide in recent years wrt quality.

You mean his entire career

And he started in a gutter to begin with

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Zuck needs to wait til he's over 60, decrepit, jaded and not giving a toss to run. The he'll have a chance.

Like right now he's at the noob "i deserve everybody's love thanks to my immaculate presentation and amazing insights" tier of narcissism, he needs to rise to "i can do whatever i want and these worms will squirm at my feet" level

steinrokkan has issued a correction as of 11:59 on Jun 24, 2017

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I have never heard of a successful bill that wasn't perfectly drafted with contingencies for all possible situations. If there is one area where half assing stuff won't fly, it's the legislature.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Remember when she sent back Latin American kid refugees from countries she destabilized

Maybe she should have read more Garry Hopper

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
i solemnly swear i shall double the rate of my satanic virgin sacrifices to fight trump

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Theories of Rome's fall:
- political inflexibility and internal conflict
- disease and lead in water
- external migratory waves
-dank gifs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011