Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Blue Footed Booby posted:

...If the cheese holes line up, a plane crashes.

Look I know this is going to be a controversial decision but if cheese is causing so many plans to crash, maybe we should start think about just banning cheese on airplanes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

Amazing the few people who actually understand how roads work and the large majority who are just following the car in front.

Like at some point this seems like it becomes a situation where it seems like following the actually road rules might make things more dangerous.

If like everyone is using it wrong, and its sort of working, then trying to do the right thing might just gently caress things up. The mix of the two is worst situation.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Glottis posted:

interesting to know that the whole "kids write letters backwards!" bit has been around for a long time

Us adults write those letters backwards due to years of the education beating us into submission to write them wrong. Kids are fully aware or which way those letters were always meant to go. :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I've never wanted to leave an egg box in any place more then there in my life.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hyperlynx posted:

Makes sense to me, for the same reason Curtin University's Architecture building has a terrible, confusing internal layout.

You gotta make the siding door company before you can make the siding doors, and you gotta have a building to figure out architecture in so you can then design ones that don't suck.

Every other building on that road has the finest sliding doors you ever will see.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

rydiafan posted:

So it's basically the two barbers riddle.

Yes, but if there was only one lonely barber in town. :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PainterofCrap posted:

Now, why they're keeping it still? Bureaucracy would be my guess.

Fbi types like to go into it to work when ever they can.

Like do you know how much better it is to work in a log cabin then a cubical?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Fruit machines are not nearly as healthy as they sound :smith:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Two kissing ye old bishops being eaten legs first by upside down birds. The birds are also holding the bishops hands to stop them high-five'ing.

Birds stop being such jerks and let those bishops kiss and high five!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Look at this loving idiot.

Doesn't even turn the van so it's in a good getaway position and has to three-point-turn his rear end out of there.

There are many parts of that video that suggest this guy may not exactly be the smartest individual.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cocaine Bear posted:

We're talking about loving the Turtles, not cheese

I mean can you talk about turtles without talking about pizza, and can you talk about pizza without talking about cheese?

it's a fundamental law of conversation

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

LifeSunDeath posted:

you FOOL

they lied about the pizza

the pizza isn't who you think

It old man poverty ghost all along????

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

freeedr posted:

I had sex with Tom Lehrer in 1995

Yeah, he would like to bring that up just randomly during talks. It was sort of weird.

Congrats thou.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hey they got it right!

Oh, lenny's sad. :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Ferguson was indeed the best. Dude loved loving around with the format and just in general, but when something came up that he cared about he had no problems with legitimately just opening up. Myers is the only one who comes close of the current late night hosts. And think the dudes doing a genuinely good job, but he's no Ferguson.

Anyway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YvK7rv6_YU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm still amazed anyone gave Jimmy Fallon of all people a talk show. Dude always sounds like he's desperately afraid people are about to laugh at him instead of with him. He's not bad when given direction and lines to read, but hoo-boy can he not carry a show off-the-cuff.

Yeah both Fallon and Corden I seriously just don't...get? like why? Kimmel not the biggest fan of, but hey he can actually tell a joke and I can see why people might like him. Those two just seem the opposite of humor.

I mean leno was just terrible, so sucking at comedy just works for the gig I guess?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Carthag Tuek posted:

someone should make them all virtual, then have them battle each other

see who wins

Virtually? Chicken.

Colosseums were invented for a reason.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jabberlock posted:

Not sure the Romans had late-night talk show hosts, but I haven't read a lot of history books

I mean not certainly not many after the Colosseums were done with them obliviously.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hyperlynx posted:

Aw, c'mon! "Scrooge McNuts" was right there!

E: anyway, Andrew Denton's "Enough Rope" was really good as far as interviews go. He had the chutzpah to ask the really good questions.

I'd link to it, but it seems to have dropped off the face of the internet :(

Oh yeah Denton was great interviewer. Shaun Micallef was as well, but only of fictional people. Real people, yeah, one of the few things he actually sucks at.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

kirbysuperstar posted:

Except for the part where you had to hear Rove McManus talk.

Pretty much. John Safran was just leagues above him that sort of stuff, but while still comedic your starting to get into louis theroux style of interviewing there.

Mauser posted:

This is really the saddest thing. Colbert Report during Trump would have been insane

Seriously. I mean, what happened. :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Conan O'Brien killed a series of young college girls in the 90s

And you just happen to not mention those young college girls were running a series of hideously criminal eugenics programs and were made from hitlers gentics.

Context matters!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Crescent Wrench posted:

Everyone knows Colbert peaked with Strangers With Candy.

Yeah, that was a lot of the cast.

:(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SAY YOHO posted:

Me watching Holy Grail as a teen: "LOL k-nicts"
Me in college listening to my professor read Canterbury Tales: "Wait that's really it?"

Holy grail was a documentary.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Heath posted:

It was pretty well known by that point that Hellenistic Greece had some established trade with India by that point, wasn't it?

Did you not read the next paragraph! They were trading with the nazi's, duh.

(symbol has been used independently by quite a few different groups. Earliest known use is 10'000BC, and been found through out Europe, Asia and the Americars. Just a pretty simple interesting shape. nazis ruin everything)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I went to a cave estimated to be 600,000 years old and in strange artwork I saw painted on the walls a crude phallus and the telephone number of a "Mike's Mom"

The obvious conclusion is that ancient cavemen had developed the telephone.

Nah, the obvious conclusion is that Mike's Mom is easy. Like what sort of archeologist even are ya?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Memento posted:

I remember looking up some 1880s-ish geology papers and they all started like "we set out on this expedition to the vulcanic peaks of the Pacific Northwest in high spirits, with supplies for a six week journey and a native guide we are assured knows the path, although we do not speak their language". Just a Boys' Own Adventure, but they wrote poo poo down and made sketches and maps, so it counts as science.

and the last page would usually be something like. "Those that survived finally returned to civilization on 13th of June 1882. 17 months and 4 days after we had expected to. Of 41 people who left on the expedition 7 are known to be still alive. During our torturous journey we made many new discoveries that have added much to humanities knowledge of the beautiful, rugged and untamed lands of the Pacific Northwest, and consider our expedition a marvelous success. As soon as Myself and Dr clyde barksheer, have recovered sufficiently, and can gather the funds to, we are planning another expedition to further document the area."

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

BaronVonVaderham posted:

That happened when we moved a few months ago and added several extra hours of cleanup.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

gently caress lamps

Look glad you had some fun, but only got yourself to blame on this one.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Pretty sure Judi had just been using the tortilla scissors to cut fabric.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

cult_hero posted:

21 generally. ABA rules allow 18 year old to attend accredited law schools, which are three years. California allows 18 year olds to sit for the bar exam....

I mean you can get it far earlier if you just lie to the Bar Association about your age.*

*As a very qualified law person this 100% legal legit law advice that I'd advise people to always do.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

trapped mouse posted:

Does...does it not? :ohdear:

Ah don't worry telling people they should "be anal" is all cool and good.

It actually rhymes with "Cum on your dick". I think it's one of those weird German words that use letters weird, so just say it that way from now on and you'll be fine.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

GoodyTwoShoes posted:

I once made a mustard and grape jelly sandwich.

I am not a professional chef, for some reason.

Looked it up and apparently mixing mustard and grape jam is a thing.

Honestly sounds alright.

https://juliassimplysouthern.com/2016/11/southern-grape-jelly-meatballs.html
Unrelated.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

rodbeard posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if C.S. Lewis had some skeletons in his closet.

But that's where Narnia is :(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bored As gently caress posted:

Wasn't that the wardrobe?

I refuse to recognize a difference. :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Inceltown posted:

Where is my halal snack pack derail drat it.

Halal snack packs are great, but for late night I find just the simple kebab is better. You still got the meat and the Chili and garlic sauce, but just having everything wrapped up to me makes it far better to grab on the way home as so much easier to snack on while your walking, and what not. Plus taxis much more likely to stop for you if you have one discretely stashed in your pocket then if your carrying a big bag of obviously mess as hell food.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yeah in Australia there's definitely quite a few places where if you're property if filled with long dry dead grass and it's bush fire season the council will get onto you about it.

Which I don't know, that seems far enough. Never heard about it in none bush fire seasons, although their are some pretty lovely councils around so maybe?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Elissimpark posted:

Once humanity dies, the planet will return to it's true owners - the parasitic wasps.

Whatever is left of humanity then won't last long, fortunately.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Empty Sandwich posted:

also fascist/fajita.

I knew I didn't trust fajita for a good reason.

Death to fajita scum, I don't care how good you taste!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Irreversible? Or dead?

Reversible rain coats are great. It's like two rain coats for the price of one. Now I find out they can also come back from the dead. Is there anything they can't do!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Data Graham posted:

DIYThrowaway01, that's who. :colbert:

Hey they can't even keep track of how many they have, they're the last person I would rely on to keep track of other peoples 70's era air conditioner stock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

QUACKTASTIC posted:

e. I'm really sorry it turned out so poo poo, I drunkenly installed Windows 11 which made Gimp disappear so I used some awful MS Store photo editor thing

I like how this implies that the piss loving goats were not in fact airlifted out, and are still frolicking free.

Also installing Gimp takes like two minutes! Oh and if you need to re-install a whole bunch of stuff https://ninite.com/ is a great time save if you use a bunch of open source stuff.