Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Cross platform Minecraft is actually hella good. I kind of didn't think it was ever going to happen. And also good with realms, assuming it's not some insane price.

iajanus posted:

um wtf is with the music choice in the skyrim ad?

am i that out of touch?

no

it's the advertising people who are insane

Lol spoken like someone who doesn't have rooftop parties u loving nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Scratch-O posted:

Imagine going to a store, you're in your 20s or 30s, you don't have a kid with you, and you actually tell the clerk "I want the Rabbids SRPG, sir"

This isn't how stores work unless you're in like the 1800s

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Utnayan posted:

I will never post in this thread again if MH5 isn't announced as a PS4 exclusive at E3.

:frogout:

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Utnayan posted:

Metroid Prime: Scar and Overwatch.

What else does your uncle who works at Nintendo got

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Pinch me if I'm dreaming but these last few pages have been full of Mario theory crafting and that's just :cool:

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Anyone ever come across asymmetrical joycon grips? I feel like the one size fits both method just makes them feel off center still. I think something specifically made to bring the joystick on R and the buttons on L just a little more in line with the grips would be perfect. It'd feel a little narrower than normal, but I think I could deal with that better than having to reach a bit with my thumbs.

I bought these FastSnail grips when they were $10 on a Lightning Deal. They are actually awesome, and the joycons fit into them well and snug. Plus they're available in colors now, instead of the dumb Surge ones which keep getting pushed back.

I was thinking like you how much better asymmetrical ones would be, but after actually trying these I decided that it's totally fine and no one would care. You're just moving your thumb like a tiny bit either way.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

You don't even have to do that. Just create a server, and then your friend can click "join a friend" or whatever and join your server directly. It's actually very very simple and easy!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Yodzilla posted:

So Zelda is consuming what little is left of my life that my newborn son doesn't take from me but thankfully the Switch is great for times when those needs overlap!

Is there something I'm missing about spear and two-handed weapon combat in Zelda? It feels like combat was basically designed around having a shield as sidestepping is awkward and sucks compared to Souls-like games and so many enemies don't even flinch when getting hit. Do two handed weapons just kinda blow?

Also just in general I wish the combat was more skill and less numbers based.

I also have a little baby and separated joycons are, like, the perfect thing for holding a child.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I mean, if so just come out and say thay poo poo.

GOTTA BUILD UP THE loving HYPE

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
BOTW is definitely on the top of my GOTY list.

my WORST Game of the Year list that is!!!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
I didn't want the NES and I don't want this. But it will surely sell a hundred million units.

NINTENDO - release these games on Switch.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

TVs Ian posted:

If it turns out like the NES Mini, you'll probably be able to hack whatever missing games you want onto there, too. Unless they go ahead and only put on the bare minimum for storage or something.

why pay 80 dollars (+ scalpers fees) just to hack it though

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Andrast posted:

How is FF3 the Final fantasy they are going with?

Instead of what... FF4? FF5? Those were the only ones on the SNES.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Toaster Beef posted:

I traded my NES and entire library (SMB 1, 2, and 3, Skate or Die, RC Pro Am, plus a slew of other things) for a copy of Wrestlemania 2000 on the N64.

good trade imo

did you also trade your snes + collection for WWF Attitude?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Vikar Jerome posted:

so according to their facebook page, that Rainway app is coming out "to all platforms" (which includes switch) on november 25th. looking forward to finally playing dark souls 3 all the way through on my nintendo switch.

Nah

EpicNemesis posted:

Lol if you think rainway is coming out on the switch or PS4.

yeah

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Martytoof posted:

Looks like it's on sale through the 4th. I picked it up just now and am excited to try it out. I hear it's not very long but that's allright for what it is.

I'm also thinking about minecraft. I've never gotten into it because I just can't be bothered to boot up my gaming PC /just/ to play it, but maybe if it's on a console I might. I'll probably wait for some kind of sale for that one as well.

Just an anecdote but I've probably played more Minecraft than anything else in my life, and I still boot it up every so often just to start a new world. It is really good (and popular for a good reason), and mining deep underground late at night is one of the more relaxing things in gaming I can think of.

That said, $30 is kind of a bad price when it is often half that (or less) on other consoles. I don't know that the digital versions ever go on sale, but to get it for cheaper we might have to wait until physical versions show up and then people start buying and selling those used. Or just spend the $30 on a game that could easily fill 3000 hours. I don't have it for Switch yet but I know it's kind of inevitable.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lmao that's like $19 worth of trade in at GameStop

He said he got "close to $300" with a "70% bonus towards games".

I guess in the grand scheme of things, 20 is close to 300.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

HyperPuma posted:

can anyone recommend some new games for me to be mad about not yet being released on switch? getting tired of super mario world and stardew valley

phoenix wright

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
my number one desire for an indie game on the nine-then-dah swootch is Super Mega Baseball II. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNNr7eB50HI

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
The switch doesn't have any apps yet, why would their first app be a program that any idiot could use to easily stream downloaded roms to their system? How exactly is that in Nintendo's best interest, and why would they pursue that before something like Netflix?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

tap my mountain posted:

Overwatch isn't on steam so it looks like it does?

One guy got banned from this thread because he claimed overwatch was coming to Switch and announced at E3.

Though his other predictions were kind of true, so it might still happen I guess. And hey that would solve everyone's desire for a huge FPS title.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Spacebump posted:

What year will I be able to play a 2d Mario platformer on the Switch? I wish they had held off releasing Mario Maker for Wii U and just made it a Switch launch title.

This year, when Rainway is totally released and embraced by Nintendo!!!! which will surely happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

MassRafTer posted:

Are there any great eshop multi player games right now? Obviously Snipperclips, but I'm trying to find something to play in short bursts with 8 year olds that isn't Mario Kart or ARMS. There's a lot of good stuff on the eshop but it seems mainly single player. (and Fast RMX but that didn't appeal to them on Wii U.)

There's Astro Duel Deluxe which is real fun for short bursts, or Shovel Knight if they are decent at platforming.

Obviously the real answer is Minecraft. Buy that.

e; oh, World of Goo is supposed to have a fun 2-player mode also.

Drunk Tomato fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 30, 2017

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Thanks, bought. I am a No Screen Protector guy, but for $2.... meh.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

angel opportunity posted:

Are joycons seriously going to continually be scalped and unbuyable? I was waiting until I got a good 2-player game to buy more joycons, naively thinking that I could just buy them whenever, but apparently even the yellow ones that were on Amazon like a week ago are now scalped out and cost over $100. How is Nintendo so bad at this?

Switch is very very popular so it and accessories sell out quickly. Demand is high.

MassRafTer posted:

Competitive. Astro Duel Deluxe seems ok but it's hard to get an idea if it is actually fun from the videos I've seen. I might give that a try.

They Minecraft enough as it is.

I played it and its simple and fun. It's basically asteroids. It is great for 15 minutes, but I wouldn't play it for longer than that at a stretch.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nintendo asked an American company to make a new Kid Icarus game for the Wii, and they decided to do a dark and edgy Kid Icarus, about an adult Pit who had been kicked out of heaven for a crime he didn't commit. Nintendo actually gave them a new HD model of kid Pit for them to use, and the company was like, nah, we're gonna make him grown up and mean and also he's gonna wear black armor

Americans are the loving worst

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Dyz posted:

I want a dark and edgy Mario. Just to see what it's like.

We already got Super Mario Bros 2

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Mace Bacon posted:

Also Mighty Gunvolt Burst is a really cool little game, too. Has anyone talked about it?

Not really, which is surprising to me. I think it's the best non-nintendo title on the console right now. It's very tight and fun, and super replayable.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Valen posted:

Legitimately curious how the games that chug and leak memory on a PS4 Pro will handle on the Switch.

They run (poorly) on the Vita, so I'm sure it'll be the same. chuggy chuggy

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

actually it is good

Actually.its perfect

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

jokes posted:

Wow, Amazon and Walmart sold out quick. $440 for a $299 console?
:thunk:

Yeah and eBay is selling them for like ten thousand bucks. C'mon eBay stop overcharging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
A QUE HORA

• Locked thread