Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Hmm, are they gonna make me retreat from palace 5 after, Haru actually awakens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Rangpur posted:

Is there any trick to fusing Neko Shogun with Dekaja, or do I just need to get Anzu to level 28 via Arcana Burst, Gallows, etc.? I could just do it the regular way but that's for scrubs and I am (apparently) a hardened criminal. :v:

Persona's level pretty slowly so doing it the regular way is for chumps. Treasure demons give you a 3x multiplier in the gallows BTW.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Dexie posted:

Are you unable to complete it if you haven't finished it before the end of the sixth dungeon?

Oh, this makes me think I should ask a broader question. I was planning on waiting to activate second awakening on all the teammates until after Palace 6 for thematic reasons. Will that work?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

The Deleter posted:

Ann: I guess you boys can't steal hearts!

Joker: Hold on, I'm getting a text from our home room teacher. I need to make a call. :smug:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Moltrey posted:

It might be a bit tricky considering how far along you have Haru, since she opens up her link right before the 6th palace and there's a Rank 5 Profiencey requirement to even start it. You have 23 Days to before Palace 7's deadline so you have everyone at Rank 9 but her, and her at Rank 1 at worst it'll take like 15 days if you nail the questions. You don't really have to worry much about that with Haru since she's receptive to a lot of answers. Only big problem is that party member S. Links aren't avaliable to hang out a week before a Palace's deadline cause they really want to be hitting that palace.

So basically it's possible on paper, but might get a little tight. If that's what you wanna do, have everyone at Rank 9 before Palace 6 starts and try to make a bit of headway with Haru before you clear it.

It looks like I have 6 periods of slack (plus number of remaining Kawakami massages) in the evening compared to daytime, so I'm going to only do confidants in the daytime, if possible. I'll be fine if I can get past Makoto's stat lock.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

TheLoser posted:

Your party members are gonna bug you about it 24/7, though. Probably the biggest incentive in the whole game to do requests.

Morgana: Hey, are you going to tell the others about what Mishima said?

Joker: No. One of my goals in life is to never talk about or think about Mishima ever again. You know how that's going? Poorly.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Sefal posted:

I don't know man.

Makoto won me over the moment I noticed that she was actually following me. hiding her face behind a book.

In mementos, several of her lines are "Hey, have you guys heard about this 'manga'? This stuff is pretty interesting." Which makes it seem like she ended up reading the book she was hiding behind.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Rangpur posted:

edit3: thank god Yusuke has crabs now, that was getting awkward

Yusuke is a starving artist, because he's impossibly bad with money, is one of my favorite character quirks too. He buys lobsters so that he can look at lobsters.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Ouch. I understand his animosity with the phantom thieves, but what did Makoto ever do to him?

I thought he was secretly upset at this point that she hadn't exposed the phantom thieves, but I don't clearly remember when it happens.

Also I just realized that the entry cutscene before entering palace 5 means, Goro is totally gonna kill Okamura, isn't he?

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 17, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

Why would he have known that she was looking into the Phantom Thieves? I think that was their first on-screen interaction.

I assumed that Sae knew, but it's possible that the principal was the only person who knew. It's more likely Goro's just being a dick, although he's probably already strongly suspicious of Shujin students.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Sae's terrible flash forward speeches for a new confidant that get more ridiculous as you go along accusing them of aiding a crime

Who sold you the plastic guns?
Who taught you public speaking?
How did you learn to cook curry so well?

*Tearing her hair out*
SOMEONE WAS DOING YOUR LAUNDRY! WHO WAS IT?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I hit Proficiency 5 the night I sent the Palace 5 calling card. A couple days later I did Sojiro 6, and hit Kindness 5. So, now I feel like a drat genius.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

many johnnys posted:

Burger man is a burger son of a bitch, I went through most of my party in that fight. The rest were manageable without much trouble, usually took me 2 tries.

The only enjoyable part of that fight was realizing that the hunger status drains Big Bang Challenge.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

anything i should be focusing on so i dont get locked out of confidant quests later on?

Earning exactly 100000 extra yen for unexpected expenses. This is the most important thing you can do coming out of palace 3.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

thelazyblank posted:

I'll say this to anyone, but Akechi being the traitor isn't the spoiler. The spoiler is how things continue: that everything looks like you lost and then it turns out you really won and now have your final real target.

"Information hidden to the narrative perspective is key to the protagonist's success" seems like a super common genre trick for thief picaresque though? I think what is unique about it is how big a role the story framing is given.

Which is fine with me, because making fun of Sae's behavior will never get old.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

(Palace 6 spoilers)

Sae: A Palace? In Me?
Joker: It's more likely than you think.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

So a pretty solid chance at seeing Persona 5-2

Goro Akechi is Dancing All Night Too!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Is the game going to flash back to the skipped scenes around palace 6 or is Futuba or Mona just going to exposition dump afterward?

Edit: Also the music choice for Palace 6 seems completely ridiculous.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

The Whims of Fate is ridiculous but it's also perfect for the palace and it has a really sick bass line. It's real good!

It is good. And it's good for the palace. It just doesn't seem to make sense for the Palace owner (yet?).

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Rainuwastaken posted:

:stare: Why is there a giant green penis monster :stare:

It's just here to welcome you to the wonderful world of SMT spinoffs.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

The older women all have a dialogue branch that goes,
Confidant: "Why did you keep showing up though?"
and if you don't choose, "I wanted to see you.", you never get to the romance warning.

Edit:
Oh yeah, and Chihiya has, "Say, Joker... Are you into older women?" which was pretty hilarious.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 21, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Blademaster_Aio posted:

Takemi's had the warning though.

I thought Takemi's warning popped up on the last dialogue tree:
"Ha, Ha, just kidding." or
"I meant what I said"
But it's been awhile.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Chihiya immediately calls Tae, Sadayo and Ichiko to tell them the bad news.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Excuse me, lady, did you just accuse me of stalking your son? Tell whoever you want, I'm wanted for murder right now.

I never noticed before that if you use third eye on a Confidant it pops up the actual Tarot card.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Moltrey posted:

the only dating options in p6 are women in their 40's and other boys your age, the new director really turned this ship around

"Do you like older women?"
(I should choose my words carefully.)
"Sorry. I'm gay,"

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

ahhhhhh everybody's background color on the text screen is what their element is. :allears:

I'm not sure why it took them this long to realize that linking the character design theme color to their element was a good idea.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I just realized that I never went back to check on bloodstorm stalker girl, and now it's too late.

I wonder what some of the earlier confidant scenes would look like if I had waited too.
Ryuji: And it's all thanks to this guy, mysterious hooded figure you have never seen before.

e: Makoto: This is my incredibly charming boyfriend, mysterious hooded figure you have never seen before.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 16:43 on May 22, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

For those of you who are doing or have done NG+, do you think it's worthwhile to kill reaper in NG? Or should I beat the game at a 'proper' level the first time? If you did kill reaper, what did you use the level boost for?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Are these picaro demons locked to NG+, or am I just bad at fusion?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

sadly, the fancy rare skills the dlc persona have don't transfer over if you fuse them.

My interest in buying the DLC is now gone. Please no one show me the costumes.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Hmm, it doesn't seem like I can pass one shot kill from Seth down to Trumpeter. My plan was basically Seth + Debilitate, but I guess that's out. It also seems like he doesn't have as much Strength. What should I do with Trumpeter?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Nephrite posted:

Can't you just Itemize Seth into One-Shot Kill?

Oh, yeah. I keep forgetting that Seth was the only good itemize option I have.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

*Akechi shoots a dude right in front of you and turns the gun on you*
MC: Wow, Akechi's showed a side of himself he's never shown anyone before. I'm honored he can be so vulnerable around me. I feel a lot closer to him now.
RANK UP!

Actually you can't see or hear any of that because he's in the metaverse and you're not. You rank up from imagining his attempt to murder you.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Mzbundifund posted:

The skill card is probably his rare item, but I expect you're friends with Bernie Sun-ders by this point so that should boost your odds.

Well they're in December, so there's a good chance they have Futaba's treasure scan as well.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

What level should I be going into Palace 7? My teammates suddenly started panicking in my latest meeting.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Rangpur posted:

Shiiiiit. Well, it's not like I wasn't already planning to do it but :effort:

I'll see if I can make a Turbo Lupin in the meantime. The last treasure demons spawn in this palace, correct?

It just occurred to me that you can pass the strongest physicals down because physicals are all proportional cost. That's gonna be pretty crazy.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Update on whether I was able to get through Palace 7 starting at level 55:
Debilitate is really good. That's all.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Futaba activated Hyper Focus right after I dropped Debilitate and Matarukaja. I did 3500 damage to the Palace 7 boss in one turn, killing it.

Also shoutout to Star rank 10 in that fight.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Ha ha ha, I just noticed the time limit banner for the final dungeon.

Days until rearrest: FEW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

How does... Fortune Telling Hippy Lady's reading of affinity work? Does it give me an automatic boost to selected Confidant's affinity, or does it boost the points received next time I do something they like? If the former, it seems like something I should be doing every day, as it doesn't consume a timeslot.

It's dropping points right into the Confidant score. You may have a chance to verify this if you go to her while one of the Confidant's is available and the card changes to "Up!" She also provides a dialogue signifier for this by saying "You should be able to deepen your relationship now."