Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

The UI is telling me there's one unviewed new skin but I've checked every single hero and none of them have skins that I haven't hovered over yet.
If you right click the Collections tab, there's an option to tag everything as viewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Mind over Matter posted:

From my point of view it's Gul'dan who is evil!
To be fair, there are very, very few points of view where Gul'dan isn't evil. Dude's not a nice guy.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The worst part of this game is when you're doing badly but the enemy isn't competent enough to actually just win. Down two or three levels, just got team-wiped... watch the other guys faff about for over half a minute. Start killing keeps already!

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

At least it doesn't take an hour like all the other poo poo garbage mobas
Very true. I'm only wasting, like, ten minutes this way!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Did you somehow forget Novazon exists?
OTOH, we actually got an amazon. The Widowmaker skin is probably a better comparison.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The only announcer I need is Alarak.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Last night I was finally on the good side of a QM comp-butt-pounding. Opponents were Cho'gall and some relatively auto-attack-heavy heroes... my team had Tychus, Johanna, Cassia. Didn't even lose a fort.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Semper Fudge posted:

The official good master skins list:

ETC
Anub
Chromie
Lost Vikings
Murky
Xul
Muradin
Jaina
Auriel
Cho'gall
Greymane
Ragnoras

The list has concluded, please return to your business.
Black-and-blue master Tyrael disputes your list.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I like the pity highlights they give you at the end. Our team got destroyed and I got "54% of team damage done by nukes"

I fired one nuke.
Alarak is hilarious for getting a callout on the MVP thingy. You get "Silencer" for high silence uptime... because, yeah, we may have gotten trounced but I was landing Discord Strikes all game.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

Huh, that's not indicated anywhere.
Well, it's just a function of the ability. "Take 50% of your missing health in damage" means that any damage done (after it's applied but before it goes off) is effectively boosted by 50% because it counts toward "missing health".

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The Destroyer, I'd imagine. Maybe The Worldbreaker, since he'd probably be based on Cataclysm Deathwing.

Or perhaps POWER INCARNATE as per his Hearthstone card.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

Most of the things are still sprays!
Not really, unless you're counting all skin/mount colour variations as only "one thing" for some reason. Because there's like ten Tychus skins and ten surfboards and that's already more than the number of sprays in the video.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

p-hop posted:

Are any of the Diablo characters "from" something or are they just made up instead of having generic Witch Doctor or Amazon characters?
Li-Ming and Valla, particularly, are from Blizzard's short stories for the D3 characters. The rest of the Diablo series PCs are just names and personalities transplanted onto the generic character.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
They're enacting protocol "spot", but I don't really know what that would be referencing. Zerg-dog!?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Abroham Lincoln posted:

The new hero is Warlords of Draenor.
Nah, the portal would be red if that were the case. It's obviously Burning Crusade!

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Sensual Simian posted:

Azmodan, Butcher, Murky, Probius, Cho'Gall, Zagara, Kerrigan, Nazeebo, Sgt. Hammer and at least three others are nowhere to be seen...this seems like a not-negligible # of potential heroes that just dont see use.
As it turns out, having all heroes be viable is basically impossible. Like, do other MOBAs have all their characters played equally at the pro level? Somehow, I'm doubtful.

And anyway, a number of these heroes are niche picks. Cho'gall and Kerrigan pop up here and there, usually based on map. Nazeebo occasionally experiences resurgences because he's generally very solid. And Hammer was, in fact, played just today by Team Liquid.

And blah blah blah pros are a small fraction of the game blah blah blah.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

Everything Garrosh does feels like a wet noodle. If someone said morales had higher damage than he did, I might believe them.

He doesn't have the mobility or CC or Anub'Arak or anything, either.
Well if Heroesfire is to be believed, he's among the top for warriors in terms of straight basic auto-attack damage, and Bloodthirst hits respectably hard. Sooooo I dunno.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
It'll be good to get actual-KT so that people stop calling Kael that. GET IT RIGHT, PEOPLE.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Hello friends I wanted to tell you about the hilarious QM game I just played. I was Garrosh, and on my team were Stitches and Alarak. We committed to teamfights by grabbing one of them from range and never letting go. It was a hilarious good time, would recommend.

Thanks for reading.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
So what're everyone's thoughts on the new Johanna stuff? All her old pieces still seem to work fine, so I haven't been branching out too overly much... Is there anything super-awesome I should be checking out?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Would you really compare Johanna to Diablo and Garrosh anyway? She doesn't really fill the same sort of role, what with lacking the super-displacement ability. Even with the lesser sustain, her role still feels to me to be the "unkillable rear end in a top hat" position.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Perhaps it's just me, but Blizzard should put somewhere more prominently that spells do double damage to buildings in this brawl. Sooooo many bad Chromie and Medivh picks. Jaina or Li-Ming can take down a tower before the minion wave even gets to the middle to start a game!

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Rakanishu is lightning enchanted, not fire enchanted. :colbert:

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

banned from Starbucks posted:

His sustain is pretty crap since his autoattack range is basically Tychus levels of short
Just for the record, Junkrat's autoattack range is the standard ranged assassin range (5.5).

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Man, what is it about HotS streams that makes Twitch freak the gently caress out? It's literally unwatchable in Firefox for me, just straight stopping (no buffering indication or anything) after less than a minute of play. If I watch in Chrome, it's better, but I'm still experiencing stutters and stops and I just want to watch Koreans faceroll people.

I know that part of it is my very poor Canadian internet connection speed, but looking at chat it's not just me.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Star posted:

Try putting it on 720 instead of auto, if you haven't. Fixed it for me when I had issues during the broadcast of the previous tournament.
Yeah, I quality down'd Chrome and it works more or less fine now. I think it's pretty damning of the auto-quality if it can't detect my lovely 5Mb internet and tries to run 720p60, but whatevs I guess. Firefox will just stop even if it's on 160p, which is very, very weird.

Anyway, Koreans facerolled like they're gonna and it makes me feel very bad about my own videogame-playing skills.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Yeah, it's only been the HGC stuff. I probably should've considered that before, but messing with permissions seems to have fixed it. Much appreciated!

As commentary on the watching: Tempo Storm bad. Wow. A bit of a self-esteem boost after MVPB wrecked it earlier.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Erdricks posted:

I don't know how this plays out at real mmr levels, but in my qm games I have come to love Stukov with a passion because this works against basically everyone. Pushing people out of the fight is hilarious and effective, and if your positioning is right, the fact you can do it every 5 seconds after level 20 is just mindbending.

His laning and silence abilities are also a blast. I can see how he can be less than reliable when it comes to healing certain comps (team has to clump up so the dot spreads), but he has become my go to support in general.
In QM, it seriously, seriously depends on what sort of comps you get. If you're me, for example, every Stukov you play against is double-support (and thus a monster) and every time you play him you're the only support against ridiculous burst (and thus basically useless).

Then again, that pretty much defines my QM experience over the last week in total. Not that anything is de-facto unwinnable, of course, but the amount of double versus single support I've played is pretty illustrative.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Toshimo posted:

You are losing 33% of the bonus damage while stacking it, which is going to take longer and be a bigger percentage of the game, because of the other half of the nerf.
4 -> 3 is a 25% loss, not a 33% loss.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Power Bottom posted:

Re: Raynor chat, a guy I know wrote an in-depth review of why Raynor's design is bad and followed up with a rework to make Raynor less bad. Rambler is pretty much always desperate for feedback on this kind of stuff, so I'm sure he'd appreciate it if some of y'all said some words about what he wrote. He's not a goon, but I'll be sure to link him to this thread if anyone has anything pertinent to say.
This is the sort of thing that, like... it's fun to think about, but nowhere near balanced. For starters, if Blizzard considers Jimmy fine as-is, buffing his damage in the form of a better Q and an E that actually does damage is a no-go. Numbers gotta go down to compensate for that part, probably by a fair bit depending on what the E actually outputs.

And while I'm totally down with the idea behind Raynor having a bunch of dudes hanging around, you can't just throw a literal roving creep wave into the game without some consideration for what that means. It means, for example, that the hero is basically immune to non-piercing skillshots. You have to consider how their collision will affect things (can he make a giant wall to body-block someone with?) and if they're too disruptive to point-and-click abilities for lower-tier players. etc

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
So Ana free week report: I enjoy playing her, even despite the frustrations of landing skillshots on friendly targets. She's got a ton going on, though, and I'm definitely not skilled enough to keep the assassin game AND the support game going at the same time. This mostly makes her level 1 talents pretty frustrating... I don't think I've fully completed any of them yet, and the partial-completion rewards are pretty meh.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

kurona_bright posted:

Ana and Lucio have mana. Granted, I've only run into problems as Ana.
So does Genji.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Hamuul Runetotem as bear druid is a thing that should happen.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Orange Crush Rush posted:

If we get another D2 Hero it really should be the Paladin. I wanna hamer and zeal fools to death as a gloriously shiny holy man.
It'll be interesting to see how they go on that, because the paladin field is also fairly full of WoW characters (like... Liadrin, Yrel, Tirion, Mograine, Maraad) and at least one of them will probably be ret-style. I'd bet the D2 paladin either does auras, hammers, or FotH because they have less WoW analogue.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

NeurosisHead posted:

I haven't played WoW since BC, and don't remember it well. Don't Paladins use a system where they have short term attack buffs that they can activate another ability to turn into damage + negative effect on the target? I could see something where QWE gives you a buff that your trait "detonates" for an effect, multi-classed for the different specializations being fun.
They did a decade ago, yeah. Thankfully, the game has long since moved on from the horrible Classic Seal/Judge mechanics... although something like that could totally work for, say, Tirion (since he's "oldschool") to differentiate him from another, more modern ret paladin. They've got so many of them they're gonna have to get creative if they want them all, particularly with Uther and Johanna already cluttering up the design space.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Three days ago I got the "Win 3 games" quest and have proceeded to go on a nine game slide. Since I don't think literally any of the last five games featured players who would stick together during lategame, does anyone have any fun suggestions that will make losing more tolerable?

FWIW, I've tried mage Zul'jin already and it just doesn't click.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The only times I've wiped in the brawl are when somebody ignores Abathur on the second screen. It can make the Zagara pit a bit treacherous when the Monstrosity sneaks up behind you.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Speaking of Alex, I ran into a Cho'gall/Alex combo in QM and it was just a slaughter. There's not a whole lot your average QM team can do to Cho to make him not stand wherever the hell he wants, and percentage healing on him is simply ridiculous.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I spent about half of my first game today on a stealth character wondering why people kept throwing skillshots my way when I was stealthed. I mean, I know the first rule of stealth play is "play as if they can see you 100% of the time", but when you play in wood league where pretty much nobody can see the shimmer you tend to get a little lazy with it.

Lots of bad habits to unlearn now.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

The AI has been able to detect stealth for a long while (if not always). Before the stealth changes, before the AI improvements.
I think the AI has always pretty much always been able to see stealth. I remember it being very obvious early on, when you could watch them literally turn and stare at you even if their character (or difficulty/ruleset) prevented them from doing anything about it.

HelixFox posted:

They're pretty good at acting just human enough that it's a lot easier to trick other players now. Best result so far is I got a Muradin to dive the clone and haymaker it into his team earlier today.
And also after 16, Lethal Decoy makes their damage noticeable enough to cause that initial Nova-panic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Well, there's nothing that says playing a lot makes you better at the game.