Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Gonna be a party. Will likely play on Bone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

texaholic posted:

Will there be a teabag emote? I really don't like pressing O a bunch of times.
Oh my god this would be amazing.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Funny that discussion about the Sunless Cell came up, I just ran it for Dark Drinker last night. Dropped into a game, they immediately added me to the party. Two different swords required between the three of us. We hosed up and killed one of the knights the first time around, but the guy stuck around to help us on the second run. Totally smooth experience.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I'm not sure my Warlock has ever finished the campaign.

gently caress my Warlock.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Lol at the second shot connecting with the wrong player.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

"Haha this dude has a successful wife!! Owned!!!"
okay, but can she out-code us

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

10 Beers posted:

expelled tics
quoting for posterity

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Is the range actually based on how high you were?

I activated the slam at the bottom of a staircase and landed at the top of the staircase, so I actually GAINED altitude during the slam.

That would explain why it didn't even drop his shields...
oh my god this would be the dumbest thing but I believe it. base damage + (elevation lost * some multiplier). I wonder what the lowest possible damage is.

Edit: I interpreted "strength" to mean "damage" but clearly I'm having a different conversation.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

[Tiny brain] - $10 for a gamertag change

[Normal brain] - $10 on a red text/avatar for somebody

[Monkieu brain] - $10 to get rid of the red text/avatar somebody bought you

[Space brain] - $10 for a Somethingawful Forums account

[Universe brain] - gently caress, another $10 on a Somethingawful Forums rereg

[Transcendent Plane of reality brain] - 2x Little Ceasar's Hot-n-Ready's

[Immortal elder deity of past and future omniscience brain] - 5x Bright Engrams
Joke's on you, a Little Ceasar's Hot-n-Ready is $5.55 now.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

haveblue posted:

People would spend all their time and every resource they had working a particular gun until they got a god roll, then they'd have an advantage in crucible because some of the perks were expected to be balanced by rarity or by the weapon having a less than godlike roll overall. It made for a simpler, more static meta, but also had very onerous requirements to participate, but you had to participate to be competitive, so it didn't benefit the game or the players and was removed.
The flipside to this, as we're seeing now, is that most guns are just always trash. Anyone who gets a drop they haven't seen before asks "is x good?" and promptly shards it when everyone laughs at them in Slack.

If different perks (and different guns) had equal utility but targeted different play styles, it's not an issue. A full armory of They're Good Guns, Brent seems like a lot to ask for, though.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Ben, that you?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

You'll have to forgive him, it's tough to remember the details of things that are from two years ago

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Edit: Ignore me, I can't see good.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

yeah or like, a nailgun type thing

e; poo poo, yeah an exotic kinetic fusion that fires big rear end spikes- slows and bleeds the target
oh, oh, wait, we could even make it a HC

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

so what color was it originally
:lol:

MissMarple posted:

Re: D1 Sniping, Destiny 2 is nowhere close to the amount that D1 just aimed for you.
The amount my crosshair deviates from the middle here to give me headshots is disgusting.

https://i.imgur.com/8LAQfdx.gifv
I... what the gently caress?

I played Destiny 1 for almost 700 hours and never noticed the crosshairs jumping around like that. :stare: I may be blind, which would explain my kdr.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

who gives a poo poo about pve loadouts?
Anyone using a shotgun for the Oversoul

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

some of us like to read the forums at work, yo

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

who the gently caress drinks red bull with whiskey

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Whatever the Key Word is that turns 100 into 225 instead of 125

(puberty in my case lmao)
lol nice

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Last time I saw such a heel in bone krew his name was a buff gay dude!!
lmao

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I own base Destiny 2 and Osiris/Warmind. I'm assuming I need to buy the Forsaken Complete Collection if I want to get back into it? Bungie's site seemed to imply I'd also need to buy the Annual Pass but apparently that's included.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I still want my loving Shrug.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

wtf, over

https://i.imgur.com/DlY6Ihb.gifv

Edit: does gfycat not do mp4 to gifv or what

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 14, 2019

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

oh cool, this argument again

(an Xbox wouldn't come with a monitor or speakers either but also lol at assuming piracy is involved to hit a price point)

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The non-tv haver has arrived
lol whoops, nah I play console games on a TV. My brain just didn't feel like substituting the word in the example.

Unrelated: Anybody know if we'll be able to skip early campaigns when Shadowkeep drops? I don't want to run my lesser characters through Warmind/Osiris/Forsaken if I don't have to. I already used a boost on one of them to skip Vanilla/Warmind/Osiris.

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You don't have to put much thought, if any, into whether you're gonna keep playing. Just stop, or keep going! You can even change your mind, any time, and it's OK too!

I didn't play from June 2018 to October 2018 because I was crushing some single player jRPGs on the ol Nintendo 3ds
Same. I didn't play from July 2018 to June 2019. I missed it a bit, but I had other things keeping me busy and I got to play other games during the time. Now I'm back and I'm glad that I am. There's a season for everything.