Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TGLT posted:

Trayvon Martin was demonstrably, undeniably, irrefutably, irretrievably, incontrovertibly, and with absolute certainty black. And his murderer was not.

If this turns out to be true, this is deeply disturbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nobody knew how complicated global politics is.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
loving.

L
O
L

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/867834190078906370

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm still laughing.

Literally laughing.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
My republican/conservative family and coworkers for the most part think Trump is a national embarrassment.

But I live in California and these people are all pretty well educated.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

hahaha you think Trump raised any of his kids

The point still stands.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Al Borland Corp. posted:

That is incorrect.

No, it's not.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm amazed at how many of you assume that all Americans vote. Significantly more than 50% of the adult population either voted for Trump or did not vote against him.

I can't believe I have to explain this.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Meme Emulator posted:

Its cool how you are equating action with inaction in this post. Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself why its cool to dump 74% of Americans in the garbage can instead of saying anything actually of worth.

I didn't equate the two. The original post stating that >50% of Americans voted for or did not vote against Trump did.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Spicer looked sick having to read that bullshit line about failed leadership.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Alright.

Sean just called Trump eloquent.

I think I'm done with the Universe for the day. I'm going to lay down and suck my thumb for a few hours.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ReidRansom posted:

I would vote for that person maybe.

"What have you got to lose?"

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Holy gently caress.

Well done.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Loki was right.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Today is the day that Barron truly became the son of POTUS.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

glowing-fish posted:

Seven bedrooms doesn't seem that extravagent. I mean, a standard house has three bedrooms, so this was about double normal size? And two million dollars in an urban real estate market doesn't seem to be too much.

I mean, I think their point was that he grew up in upper-middle class surburbia, not owning private islands in the Carribean. It seems like that might be the upbringing that someone whose parents were doctors, lawyers or successful professionals might have?

Agreed.

The point the article made was that the house did not hint at the actual wealth of the family which, I'd say, is very true. It's a nice place to live, certainly upper middle class or even upper class, but not some insane estate.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Oh gently caress we are going to derail into a discussion on the definition of middle class and how cost of living does/does not factor, aren't we?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SpaceCadetBob posted:

You get that or gun control, take your pick :unsmigghh:

I don't really have much skin in the gun control argument...

Does that mean I want that to be the derail or not? God drat it.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Not a Children posted:

I grew up in the quintessential upper middle class suburban hellscape and literally nobody except the richest people in town had a 7 bedroom house you loving stooge

29 houses for sale in my neigbhorhood with 6+ bedrooms. Zillow won't let me search for 7+. It's a quintessential middle + upper middle class suburban hellscape.

Also, nobody in your suburban hellscape had Kushner wealth. That's sort of the point.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Separate bedrooms for each kid and parents.

Library.

Laundry room.

Multiple walk in closets.

Piano room.

Dining room.

Kitchen 1.

Kitchen 2.

Pantry.

Pooltable / darts room.

Ham radio room (not used).

Bar.

Gun range.

Three guest bedrooms.

Toy room / playroom.

Separate offices (workspace) for each family member.

Spare office.

Live in staff rooms.

Changing rooms for the pool (male and female, separate).

Pool lounge.

Pool kitchen.

Garage space for 8 cars.

Sunroom.

Greenhouse.

Multiple "industrial" rooms (like where the furnace and air conditioners are. The air conditioner is custom built and literally large enough to walk inside of.)

I've been in a house (multi-building complex, really) with all of this. The rich live lives utterly removed from the experience of most people.

Most of those aren't bedrooms.

My townhouse has 12-13 rooms based on the definition of "room." It has 3 bedrooms.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Trump is America's 9/11

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I don't know the answer to his question, but I just laughed for a solid 5 seconds at that graphic.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm going to the Darrell Issa town hall this Saturday, taking my pissed off feminist 15 year old daughter. Hope she can ask him a few questions.

Also laughing at all of the articles saying he's going to be on easy street because it's being held in San Juan Capistrano. Plenty of my neighbors are either liberal as hell or republicans that think Issa and Trump are scumbags.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nazzadan posted:

I can't imagine not calling highways and freeways the x or the y.

"Chyeah dude, the 99 was hella backed up all the way to the Grapevine but it settled down 'bout halfway through. Aight, surf to work broski."
-Accurate representation of the middle to lower half of the state

I live in surferville, CA and nobody talks like that. There's literally a surfboard propped up against the wall of the office across the hall from mine. Half of my coworkers surf at lunch.

But yeah, we say the 5/405/15/71/55.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MickeyFinn posted:

I say dude all the time. To men, women, children, pets, inanimate objects, dude, it does not matter. I don't think I've ever said chyeah or broski.

Oh, yes, I use "dude" constantly. That and "bud" or "buddy."

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Apologies if old

http://www.salon.com/2017/06/03/infowars-launches-200000-contest-to-pay-fans-wearing-cnn-is-isis-t-shirts-on-tv/

Alex Jones literally pulling what idiots on the right have been accusing Dems of (through Soros).

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pollyanna posted:

What's the chance of Comey revealing something we don't already know tomorrow, small or big?

Significant chance of small, pretty minor chance of big. The biggest thing he can/will do is confirm reports re: being asked to let the investigation go/feelings of discomfort with Trumps discussions with him.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The Spice is flowing.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I love that confirming a stolen empty SC seat that was open at the time he was sworn in is somehow an accomplishment.

*edit* gently caress YOU, they are pulling out of Obamacare exchanges because of your boss, fuckhead.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bag em and tag em posted:

hosted by his own Qatar

:golfclap:

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Drain the swamp!

gently caress this country.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

:wow:

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FizFashizzle posted:

lol what

he has no policy making influence, has no control over a republican congress, and couldn't even get his coalition out to support his basically chosen successor.

Re: generating support for Clinton

That was during his presidency. Literally the opposite of the point being made.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yes they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell!

Not my actual opinion

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Dayyyyyyyum Kamala

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
This is probably the most pathetic I've seen McCain.

*edit* What the gently caress is he talking about?

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
This is amazing.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
While I fully expect Trump to lie about anything and everything under oat without batting an eye, I'd love to see him being grilled by Dem senators.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I would suspect a majority of the country doesn't think Trump would bat an eye at lying under oath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Aurubin posted:

A succinct summary of what's wrong with talking head journalists.

They are pundits. Not journalists.

• Locked thread