Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

I have game pass, I don't know why I keep buying games on sale that I'm not even going to play right away because I'm playing something on game pass.

My favorite thing is when I do precisely that and then a month and a half later that very game comes to game pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Has anyone tried any phone controllers with game pass and are any of them good? I've got unlimited data and I'm ready to abuse it for cloud games

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

I'm using the razor kishi. Just get the standard Android one, the Xbox version charges for the correct color buttons and that's it.

lol

MikeRabsitch posted:

I plug in an Xbox controller and have a bracket that snaps the phone onto the controller, it has worked pretty well when needed.

American McGay posted:

Xbox controller with a phone clamp thing.

This would save me from phone case on/off hassle (also the iphone version of everything is more expensive and clamps are cheap)

Thanks!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I should've mentioned iPhone, but I'm pretty sure Kishi DOES have an iphone version, it's just twenty-thirty dollars more because of course it is

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Lammasu posted:

The combat in Guardians of the Galaxy is almost too much. You have all these enemies that you have to scan, 4 teammates with different abilities on top of your special powers and your elemental attacks. Then they have a bunch of combat interactables which are super janky.

You can make it so the game freezes when you’re picking abilities, which helps. I’m gonna do that for a new game plus so that maybe I’ll actually use star lords skills

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Lammasu posted:

How do you do that? I looked in Options and didn't see anything.

Crank up the slider on the delay when choosing abilities. It'll be a full stop

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Lammasu posted:

I have to start over to get to change it?

It should let you do it at any time in the accessibility settings

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I've been going through my backlog instead of just buying Elden Ring, trying out older optimized for x/enhanced for x games and overall there are some serious upgrades. some look like completely different games. xbox does it again!!!!!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

has anyone made a controller through design lab? i'm debating doing something nice/stupid for myself now that one controller has succumbed to stick drift

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

poster? drat near killed 'er

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I may have missed stick drift chat but my white core controller has it on the right stick. it's not as severe as my switch lite (which, lol, gently caress) but it's annoying when my camera decides to tilt at random. I was more surprised that it happened at all, tbh

so I might get a design lab one. an elite feels too high-falutin' for me

anyway I might play a life is strange game now! Thanks Game Pass

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The clickiness is very satisfying imo but it's definitely loud as hell

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I have one too! PX734-F7K24-WM7RV-XWG4Y-F2PPZ

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

ColdPie posted:

If your game has more than 5 minutes of cutscenes or dialog in total, you hosed up.

:hmmyes:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

I'll buy it. I'm the problem.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Tekken 7 goes on sale constantly and I keep waffling on it

Beastie posted:

I have MK11 or whatever because it was on sale one time. I don't actually play it, I just pit the CPU against itself and watch the mayhem while I'm doing chores sometimes.
same

e: I remember DOA being fun but it might be just too horny

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 18, 2022

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Lammasu posted:

Remember when men's rights assholes were saying that SJWs were going to take the horny out of fighting games?

Just glancing at DLC there is no threat to the DOA franchise's horn levels

priznat posted:

holy cow this is a great idea, I should try that. It is just really un-fun for me to play (although I have never enjoyed the MK mechanics, always been more of a street fighter fan)

the only reason I can play MK with an iota of competence is because I love Injustice, but since I have zero attachment to the MK franchise I just let the AI go loose and I explore the crypt krypt. I don't even have the story installed

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

just be bad at them. it's what I do

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

sea of thieves runs really well on cloud gaming. cloud gaming in general works way better than I thought it would

but I still do a lot of swapping games between internal storage and a big ol HDD

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

priznat posted:

On PC Game Pass, anyone ever move a drive and have gamepass just find all the installed stuff?

Thankfully because they changed it to allow installs to wherever I have a secondary SATA SSD drive with my games on that (D:\XBoxGames) and I'm building a new PC and hoping I can just move the drive over and it will "just work" so I don't have to redownload a bunch of poo poo :haw:

on this note, I'm still not convinced Control ever uninstalled because it was before they let you see the file folders

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Disposable Scud posted:

Nope. Replaced with generic music.

BOOOOOO

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

hatty posted:

I like my Series X

same, op

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Put a browser on Switch so I can use Game Pass on it

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Are there any non-core controllers that aren't elite or scuf worth a drat?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

why is the mediocre avengers game over 200 GB?!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

do any of y'all use an intercooler/extra fan on a series x? is it worth it?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

My series x is horizontal in my tv hutch. It stays cool and quiet as long as I remember to open the door to the cabinet. If I forget, it reminds me by turning the fans up and sounding like a playstation during a moderately complex graphics sequence.

this is what I do (i never shut the cabinet on the system when it's in use), but I'm actually hearing my fans for the first time and I got spooked

John F Bennett posted:

You should not hide your series X in some cabinet, it should be free.

would that I had the room

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Lifespan posted:

Never use any of those products on any console. The systems are very carefully designed and heavily tested in both hardware and software to ensure that operating temperatures remain in spec in any reasonable environment. Best case they will do absolutely nothing but in the vast majority of cases they restrict airflow and can put extra burden on the fans working against already turbulent air. For the Series X, a few inches of space around the back and top is all that is needed (as well as enough airflow to ensure that space can cool as well).

drat, thanks!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

i live and breathe cosmetics. the f2p model is an act of aggression

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Bloodborne - some lame poo poo, yeah I get it I watched American werewolf in Paris too.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

that's a fuckin' steal! for 6 you can get all the dlc including horse armor

vvv I was surprised to see that it wasn't on the xbox enhanced list. very tempted to fire it up again anyway

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 16, 2022

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Kevyn posted:

The 6 dollar version includes Ground Zeroes :911:

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

that's a fuckin' steal!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

adhuin posted:

I tried the cloud version on my phone and it is the best way to control the game .

I wonder what other games this is true of; I have too many loving devices and this may let me sneak in some games during lulls at the office :twisted:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I bought it ages ago because my brain has been broken by Steam sales

I have never even booted up the game. I think a friend may have played it while he was checking on my cat

edit: no that was gat out of hell

John F Bennett posted:

It took me too long to discover the autofire button in Power wash sim.

WHAT

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

This is a whole new world. This changes everything.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

sony is so committed to having no games that they have console exclusive vaporware

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

xXx_SSJ_Goku_xXx

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Lube Enthusiast posted:

(over stimulated, struggling to breath) c-can it emulate the 2nd Mystical Ninja N64 game

someone answer this ASAP

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

pthighs posted:

I tried to watch my War Games DVD on my Series X a few months ago and the picture was, for lack of a better word, vibrating between two slightly different sizes several times a second. I had to pull out the old Xbox 360 and use that instead to make it viewable.

I've had something like this with Amazon Prime where the aspect ratio bounces back and forth, but normalizes after a while. Anyone else? It may only affect rented/owned videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah I weirdly had this watching King of New York on Prime but only on my Series X, it worked fine on my other tv just using the prime app. Very strange!

Yeah I've only had it happen on the series x! never happened on the old xbone

weird.