Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Nebraska seems like a tougher sale than MSU. The expectations are astronomical, the recruiting is as tough and location wise...:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Raku posted:

I'm sad Arky won because I was 100% sure Sumlin would be fired today if he lost and this thread would get good

Sumlin deserves to be fired for letting Bert and the Pigs take him to OT

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Of course, Arkansas didn't fire him for loving around, they fired him for putting his side piece on the payroll.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
gently caress the rest of these lovely SEC coaches for being terrible and clouding the goddamn coach hirin' waters

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
What's Clemson going to do when Sabam gets bored with going buckwild through a lovely SEC, retires, and then ya boy Dabo comes home?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

Ole Miss: Athletic director Ross Bjork shared with The Clarion-Ledger that he is not a candidate, and is not interested, in the vacant AD position at Nebraska. 

Same

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Andersen also reiterated that if he didn't believe he could win at Oregon State he would pull the unprecedented move of tearing up his contract and letting the Beavers go free. And that appears to be what happened today in Corvallis in an announcement that shocked the campus.

I want to rub Bert's face in this over and over

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

a wise guy, see posted:

"Getting thrown in the lake? Sounds like fun to me" after three football players threw a jew in a lake)

Lmao

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Nebraska can have Jeff Long and I'll throw in a free football coach, too.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

Bielema’s buyout might be way less than everyone originally thought I guess?

I have mixed feelings here since I want him to be fired and shamed, but I don't want another team looking for a coach this offseason.

The problem with firing bert is then Jeff Long, the kind of moron that would hire bert in the first place, is going to be hiring again. Fire Jeff Long.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Real Name Grover posted:

C'mon man, we have First Friday artwalks like all lib oases

Also,

Woof

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Hmm, yes, Bob Stoops, who retired to save his own life, yes, he's going to come coach Florida

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Real Name Grover posted:

At this point, the majority of the fanbase and boosters would take just about anyone over Riley. 

Have I got the coach for you!

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I'm having a hard time imagining anything more pathetic than trotting out 'mah inside sources' to prop up whatever fevered pipe dream you can vomit up all over a message board

That aside, I grew up next to Jen Bielema's grandma and she said that bert has a small penis and it smells of prawns

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

And/or because he hired Bert and gave him a 3 trillion dollar buyout

He gave bert a raise and an extension after is second SEC win. In two seasons.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou took out Butch Jones, Bielema's next.

Bert can't beat Mizzou

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Jeff Long gave bert a raise and extension after going 0fer then 2 and whatever in the SEC.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah, I didn't mean that as a slight to how little we are running the dang ball, because we are seriously running the dang ball a whole lot, perhaps to our detriment.

Purge the heretic! :commissar:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Stop calling it tenny jfc

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

General Dog posted:

The appropriate term is Tennsgendered

Lmao

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I like how Clanga loses a great coach, somewhat surprisingly, and then replaces him within days with an interesting replacement.

Meanwhile, those chucklefucks up in Fayetteville have known for at least months that bert had to go and they have lined up *crickets*

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

chaoslord posted:

The money men are still holding out hope that Georgia beats Auburn, the fans turn on Gus again, and then we call him and say "Come home, Gus."

It's almost as if firing your AD before firing your coach was a bad idea.

Probably was, but what else are you going to do? I assume Long refused to fire bert and that's what got him canned.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

Pretty much all the good mid major names are still out there so I feel like Arkansas can wait a week on Gus and probably be fine. Like worst case Blake Anderson is right there and the track record of Arkansas St. coaches is pretty dang good.

Blake Anderson could be the next coming of Saban and Arkansas can't hire him.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I still want to know how you're supposed to get rid of a lovely coach who isn't even trying anymore when the AD inexplicably refuses to fire him.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I am going to be honest, I don't know why you'd take that job if you're Brohm.

Yeah, surely he can do better than be publicly someone's 3rd choice and assumed to be 5th or 6th.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Jimbo to Arkanhahahaha

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

you should not let your hc pick his boss

Or his student-athlete development coordinator

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

Friendly reminder:

A&M is rear end, my dudes.

:911: never 4get

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

you never beat the vols fat boy

He's wearing them out right now

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

PupsOfWar posted:

why would gus Malzahn want to go to arkansas

as goofy an idea as Gundy to Tennessee imo

stringing them along so that the auburn board + boosters will throw more money at him, I suppose

I don't think Gus will go to Arkansas, but the concept isnt ridiculous. The dude is from here. Arkansas isn't a dream job for most but Razorbacks are the only game in town for people that live in this state, much less grew up here.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

FakePoet posted:

Yeah, there certainly exists a hypothetical universe in which it happens, but the odds of that universe and this universe aligning are...not great. I've been less and less interested in football the past few years, though

Same. John L. and Bert murdered my enjoyment. I just quibble with the idea that Gus to Fayetteville is wild fantasy.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Raku posted:

Nuss was calling plays when he lit (an actually good) Ole Miss team up

Lost to Arkansas. Fake news.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

If that dumbass lateral bounces the other way Bama doesn’t play in the SEC title game that year lol

And those ungrateful bastards won't even acknowledge it :argh:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lol. Leaks on leaks from both sides trying to poison the well against the other. I hope all the talking heads that blamed Vol fans for being upset at their coaching choice feel mad loving stupid right now. The fans are clearly not the problem.

Talking heads are incapable of shame, reflection.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Reading Tim Brewster's name makes me miss Gendo

Me too! Wonder how he's doing.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Seaniqua posted:

good lord frost wants to stay at UCF so bad

I imagine he just feels really awkward about it and hates telling that to a team on such a high note.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah I mean the rumors were floating around but to have ESPN break the news in the middle of your conference championship is super lovely.

It really peeved me when that reporter asked him to confirm it on the field in the middle of all his celebrating players.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Spacebump posted:

I agree, it's weird for a major program to consider a guy who basically just went .500.

If I was an ASU alum or Arizona taxpayer I'd want that AD swinging from a lamppost

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Am I misremembering or did Venables used to be DC for OU and we had at least one poster here who absolutely loathed him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

That seems like a lot for a dude who is still 8 games under .500 for his career.

I am slightly underwhelmed.

• Locked thread