Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm bloodless. It's all been stormed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Oh it looks like they just threw all the attribute points into traits cause no one put them anywhere else anyways.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Flamethrowers all the way at 70. :/

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Wildfires do make up like 1.5% of your dungeon damage.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

How much on a single boss though?

The difference between really good ones every time and just kinda clicking split shot over and over is probably around ~3% over a single say Alex Normal fight.

Edit: Top players in raids on the fflogs site look to be around 7% of their damage in a raid fight coming from wildfires.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 16, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/redmage/

Edit: Fancy hats

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Pray Return To The Login Screen

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Woke up at 6 EST to click the Raubbie and got a good fifteen minutes of clicking in before it disconnected me. Progress!

Now I'm at some wedding thing thinking bout that clicking I'm gonna do tomorrow.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Raubahn hold me in your big strong arm and deliver me into the blood storms.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Raubahn am I not your chosen one? Why have you forsaken me...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Meiteron posted:

Dear Square-Enix:
YOUR COCKSUCKING PRODUCT HAS REDUCED ME TO A GIBBERING MAN-APE WHOSE ONLY RESORT TO DEALING WITH THE ALMIGHTY loving GRIEF IT'S BESTOWED UPON ME IS TO SCREAM AND HURT MYSELF.

Seriously, I am jumping up and down and throwing my poo poo in handfuls at the loving computer screen in some impotent primal effort to get this instance to load. I have been sitting here trying to enjoy your expansion - YOUR EXPANSION, YOUR GAME, YOUR CONTRACT BETWEEN DEVELOPER AND CONSUMER THAT THE CONSUMER WILL ENJOY YOUR EXPANSION - but instead the Bull of Ala Mhigo's been crawling out of the computer and taking warm shits in my gaping mouth. Swear to god, you should have just added a little door to my new UI gauge through which a hand pops out and flips me off, because I am insulted that your QA or testers or whatever brainless shitstove three genes short of a monkey FAGNUT signs your games through thought that a person with more than a single loving digit IQ could enjoy Served with Cold Steel. INSULTED.

WORK WITH ME HERE: The goal's simple enough! Enter the loving battle! Hey, that's fine, it's just like hitting a single button; not a problem! Only deal is your cross-eyed team of tongue-slapping scenario designers decided to give every single loving advantage possible TO THE INSTANCE SERVERS rather than me.

How in the gently caress does RAUBAHN - who really jobbed that fight where he got his arm cut off, frankly - suddenly become SO loving GOOD that he can single-handedly hold off the teeming hordes of level 60-70 players desperate to get to Anime Japan? Huh!? Why!? You never see this shithead anywhere near the top loving 20 in a reddit argument about NPC power levels. BUT HO HO HO THIS TIME HE'S RAUBLOCK, THE BIGGEST STOP SIGN IN THE WORLD. 1.21 GIGAWATTS ALEXANDER, LET'S GO FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND

But it's not just Raubahn with the magical error messages, it's the entire loving lineup of solo instances! THEY'RE ALL KICKING YOU OFF THE GAME. AND NONE GIVE A poo poo ABOUT LOGIN QUEUES.

But but but I of course, am still rocking some fragile prima donna of a connection that throws a hissy fit if you so much as look at the reflection of a queue button sideways! Add to this the entire expansion just got shitted on by some retarded discount not-Bahamut moon dragon and his quadruped robot frenemy and you've got a game that will give you error 90002 after 30 minutes in the login queue JUST BECAUSE IT CAN. WHOOPIE.

HURRR, you say. THAT'S JUST AN MMO DURING A LAUNCH PERIOD. IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE FUNCTIONAL. Well gently caress that noise, you lopsided pair of Thal's Balls.

Tell me, please, why does the GAME have to win? Huh? What happens when the game wins and I lose? Is there some huge loving kegger waiting for it when it gets every server to set up a waiting line in front of the npc? Is there money involved? Or perhaps the motives are more sinister. Maybe the game's family is being held hostage by Hiromichi Tanaka and Tanaka has his cock in Final Fantasy XI and he's holding a cell phone up to her and Yoshida can hear her pained moans and cries for help and the rear end in a top hat then says, "You keep every goddamn player in the Fringes, or I will get them to get you to run THIS game," I COULD UNDERSTAND THAT. I CAN BE SYMPATHETIC.

It's not any fun if I can't progress, you faggots. I want to move on. I want to unlock whatever piece of poo poo Primal fight that sticks you in a rock on victory you have hidden away from me so I can get locked out of the game permanently and get pissed off with that too. When your expansion prevents me from fully enjoying the product I have bought you have failed in your loving mission to deliver a game. You lose! You break the contract! You contract the gay and loving DIE DIE DIE.

I regret nothing

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Raubahn has accept me. I'm loving crying over here. I can't wait to see what wondrous mission lies beyond this gated instance.

*clicks unmoving robot enemy for like 15 loving minutes*

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Wow machinist in pvp sure is a thing now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

unseenlibrarian posted:

Based on my Ruby Sea experience, unfortunately it's 4, as you spend hours swimming around and then realize you can sprint in the water, too.

Mch and Brd can apply nüswiftsong to swimming, but you can't use it when you're already in the water :mad:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Ainsley McTree posted:

Lame. They could have at least made you fire your gun into the air like yosemite sam or something.

They have a pvp action that sends up a little flare thing that would be good.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cythereal posted:

Oh, so the card system isn't a huge game-changer. Looking at that guide and others gave me the impression that the deck was critically important to playing one well and just as important as learning their actual spell rotations.

Alrighty then.

If you hit people with cards you can sometimes make things go a very small percentage faster.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I only read text if it's Hildibrand, and I guess Alisaie now as well

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Control Volume posted:

PLEASE do not troll the final fantasy 14 stormblood thread

Verily pray thou needeth attend yon senate meeting forthwith, adventurer.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Lemon-Lime posted:

MCH is markedly worse between 52 and 62 because you have no way of managing heat and thus no way of timing an overheat for when Wildfire comes off cooldown. Ammo is used for both heat management and to force procs (which you need to do if you want to do good damage), so you can't use it to time your overheat while also using it for maximum Wildfire burst. The new MCH mechanics literally anti-synergise with each other, it's kind of amazing.

They need to make Wildfire give +50 heat and remove the proc system entirely, making the MCH weaponskills a straight combo so ammo can be used for heat management and bonus potency instead of being required to make sure you're actually doing damage. And while I'm at it, remove the heat gauge until 62, because it's nothing but a penalty until you can manage it.

Also while I'm at it: it's hilarious that the WAR66 trait literally does loving nothing as it is because you never want to use Infuriate outside of a Berserk window and if you use it when the cooldown resets early, it is literally impossible to have it back up in time for when Berserk comes off cooldown. It was so blatantly designed for the old Berserk cooldown and was just ignored when they changed that.

Between that, Onslaught costing gauge, Deliverance still being 52 and the half-assed changes to finishers, SB WAR feels like Afterthought: The Job.

Overheating every wildfire sounds like a catastrophic dps loss.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Lemon-Lime posted:

Overheating gives you +15% damage total for 10 seconds in exchange for losing the +5% from gauss barrel for 10 seconds after that. There is literally no reason not to overheat with every Wildfire.

You do more damage over 50 heat. It's the loss of the gauss barrel plus the loss of that damage plus the loss of that damage continuing after gauss barrel but until you get to 50 heat.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

vOv posted:

So then only overheat when you have Barrel Stabilizer up so you can instantly go back to 50, which means every other Wildfire.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, I updated the post to clarify. I'm pretty sure not having heated skills for 10s after overheating is balanced out by the WF burst but I haven't actually mathed it out, so assuming that's right, worse comes to worst you want to overheat Wildfire when Stabilizer is off cooldown, so every other WF.

That or you never actually want to overheat in which case lmao.

Well I think the ideal start to an encounter is probably immediate stabilizer so yes, then it would be every other starting on the 3rd wildfire, then 5th, 7th, etc.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The dungeon 3, 2nd boss just publicly shames people who are poo poo at the game and that's rad.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
But if you level in PotD you don't get the satisfaction of knowing you're making other people salty.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Countblanc posted:

i mean only one person has to clear it right? it should be a Never Fail assuming you know what youre doing

It's not about passing; it's about publicly shaming those who get forced out.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It cracks me up that heated split shot makes you do a flip every time. Like yes, this makes the bullet even more bullet-ier when I do this!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Every final fantasy xiv story is the worst.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Lemon-Lime posted:

Preliminary report suggests MCH might not be half bad either once you get to 70 and the new mechanic actually works properly.

It's actually the secret best job because you get to hang out with Hilda and the Hounds and shoot people in their face/face analogues.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Man, the 70 mch class quest had uh, two twists at the end I did not see coming.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Oh if only that last one were a real crime.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Midnightghoul posted:

Think I am done with MCN. I picked the job to be a patient marksman, not flip around and fire lasers and do exploding dabs like some millennial

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Infinity Gaia posted:

I keep second wind so I can heal papercuts on my own, or help myself mitigate possible mistakes I make. It's handy. 15 seconds of reduced aggro every 2 minutes just seems very pointless, and even without using it I haven't had many problems with tanks losing aggro. If it comes to the point where I find myself ripping aggro, I'll slot it in, but until then I'll keep my handy personal heal.

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is DPS Hurting Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Orange Areas Like Nigga Hit Your W Key Haha

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I'm finally getting around to putting all my other classes' bars together from the 4.0 changes now that I have one 70 and I just want to say that esuna needs to be a regular-rear end button

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Oh man the AST quests are about Geomancers?

Sqeenix plz

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Also there's some new PVP stuff if people haven't looked yet. This is the healer coat and mask.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I kinda like the mask to the side like I have it. /visor puts it on normally and that makes it look really goofy to me.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
DPS was such a good choice as my first 70. All the extra main scenario quest xp really bridges the gap of you never being able to queue for dungeons.

Now for healer/tank I don't need the quest exp because it's literally just insta-queue for the highest dungeon I can do -> get half a level.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Ainsley McTree posted:

I know this has been talked about before, but how do I play samurai effectively in pvp? I feel like a useless squishy bastard that people can just run away from if they don't feel like fighting, and I can't chase them because I'll die if I do

At the top of your character panel you can change to machinist.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Ainsley McTree posted:

Your mistake is in thinking that my goal is to do well in pvp, whereas my true purpose is to just get xp for SAM. Not sucking at pvp is a secondary objective

Well the good news is you get the same XP whether you win or lose. I guess hang out near a healer and kill anyone that goes for them?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Ainsley McTree posted:

Hold up you can change classes mid-game and get the xp for whatever you are when you finish? Well I guess I'll do the mch thing after all

Make sure you dab irl every time your character flips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I use custom-weighted fidget spinners to track my wildfire cd.