Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

I really hope monks will be okay :(

Monk is dead, long live the not-nippon steel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Fffffuck was really hoping those preview numbers for monk would have changed more than a slightly higher chance on deep meditation.

Purification and Tornado Kick, still pointless.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Infinity Gaia posted:

Also Twin Snakes is now 10% rather than 5%, which honestly should be almost enough on its own to counteract the potency drop.

Enhanced Twin Snakes already provided that bonus. The trait was removed and the bonus is now just part of the base skill. Basically, nothing changed.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Infinity Gaia posted:

Ahhh, I forgot about that. Still, 10 less potency in exchange for the other stuff Monks are getting seems okay provided we all ignore the elephant in the room that is Samurai.

I mean, I'd be less bummed if we'd gotten something cool, but between the skill that's just a replacement for B4B (that also messes with the gottagofast that's kinda the core of monking), a raid buff that pales compared to the other melee classes, and a passive for using one ability a lot more, it's just all so boring.

EponymousMrYar posted:

They really, really, reaaaaalllly don't want people doing sustained AoE anymore and Bane was pretty much the king of that. Even Fire 2 got hit hard.

Meanwhile: Hahahahaha my day as a PLD is here!

Funnily enough, that's still the one place where monks are great. :v:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Gumball Gumption posted:

That's good. No one should of been using a knockback in their damage rotation and now they can't.

:v:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

May not be killing Garleans in Ala Mhigo, but at least I can pretend I am.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Minrad posted:

Game might be hosed, but PvP has earned me a swag new healer set

The Caster gear is pretty nice this go round, shame the DoW gear is nowhere near that good.

Also seriously,

this new gpose poo poo is cool.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

insanityv2 posted:

Did they mess with the enmity multipliers when they tweaked the potency of tank actions?

It might be my imagination but I feel like Unleash is generating crap aggro now. I'm wondering if there's reason to use it instead of Abyssal Drain now that enhanced unleash is gone and AD is just 200 mana more expensive.

Only reason to use unleash now is if you're doing content below 56. It's real bad and drain is just unleash but better, sans the whole needing to dark arts it to actually get the health restore effect.

Unrelated; Riddle of Earth, as bad as Fists of Earth.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

UHD posted:

Only thing I would change about ninja :argh:

Still wish I could change the ninja weapons out animations back to rogue's. Just so dumb.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Trainmonk posted:

Seeking opinion: Who is more fun at this point between ninja and monk? I don't have time to level both but both might be cool.

Ninja. Monk is sadly boring right now.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Vadoc posted:

You'd think this would've been already in the game, or on the Mogstation.

Honestly surprised Auron's outfit never got added.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Underwater lizard nobles have poo poo for fashion sense.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

UHD posted:

I imagine a lot of the grousing in the thread is from comparing the tank classes to their state in HW. I really, really doubt any of them are truly that terrible.

None of them are terrible, but DRK and WAR definitely feels emptier now.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

At best I think whm has fluid aura. Actively annoying for most party content, but it can help if dodging isn't working out.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

had no clue that all the good players were grinding 50+

Let's not go too far.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Is it time to post about new armor/clothing?

gently caress the monk af3 gear, I'm on a crusade.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

SonicRulez posted:

and the true challenge. Learning to take a good screenshot.

First step, climb the kugane tower.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

FactsAreUseless posted:

Merlwyb is the best character in the game.

Not empty quoting.

Injuryprone posted:

So which class has the best class quests?

Pugilist for best class, DRK for best job. Its 30-50 is cool as hell, the 50-60 is solid at worst, and the 60-70 has a finale that left me with a massive grin the entire time.

Oh yeah, and the 50-60 Monk stuff is great. Basically the two jobs trade off who's on top.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Monks lose out on a lot of damage if we have to wait for everyone to be nice and lined up before every pull.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

UHD posted:

I don't even care what role it has I'll play dancer in a heartbeat

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kurieg posted:

I love how the samaurai unlock quest is basically you wandering by an old guy and him chucking an uchigatana at you with "You'll do."

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Lemon King posted:

So as of Stormblood, I can confirm the bug used to modify any characters in the following way is now fixed and can no longer be reproduced.
Plus I can finally share some character creation findings. :toot:

Was this stuff that only appeared during chargen, or could other people see the weirdness as well?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Skaw posted:

Tidal Wave only shows up once though.

Demonstrably false.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Wait what, I must really have missed something in Gridania

Basically everything about the Black Shroud is how you shouldn't piss off the trees cause the trees will murder the poo poo out of you and yours. And then probably anyone else that happened to be in the area, including the Gridanians.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Rhymenoserous posted:

isn't there a pvp chest for monks which looks like a metal breastplate only chiseled into awesome abs form?

Metal breastplate? Nah, it's only got a bit of metal on the shoulder and elbows.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Sonlander, Son of Dadlander

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Jimbot posted:

The heck is the deal with Steel Peak for the Monk? It's a mediocre damage ability on a 40 second cooldown that offers no utility for anyone. Did this used to do something else? It just stands out to me because just about every other Monk ability has some sort of utility on it that benefits the Monk's mechanics or effects the enemy in some way. Feels like they ran out of ideas and threw this one in here for no real reason other than to fill out the ability bar.

It was one of the things that got nerfed with 4.0. They cut down on the amount of stuns in general.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Glamours!?

The Royal Hunting Grounds are a neat place and I'm sad more stuff didn't take place there.

Also you people talking about monk weapons? Talk to the claw.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

That might be my favourite femroe glam

Not enough to make me consider trading in old man elf, but pretty good.

Pretty sure that's a highlady.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 2, 2017

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

It's become a lot easier to rip threat off a lot of pubbie tanks. Find myself having to use shadewalker whenever it's up during most trash and some bosses.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I'm very much in love with Omega's aesthetic so far.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

strong bird posted:

The new gear sets are truly awful

All the good poo poo was in the leveling sets.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

50 opens up glamours anyway so the original gear legit doesn't matter.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Also the postmoogle quest with the two guys fighting over which ladies are better, the lala or the catgirls.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

Hey everyone stupid question incoming.

I'm currently level 54 and I'm wondering if im better off wearing ironworks gear until 70 or constantly upgrading my gear with quest rewards.

The latter by miles. Ironworks gear stops being useful around your level.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

This gets brought up every few pages, but what I'm curious about is the Ninja 70 duty. Hanzo will occasionally use katon, the aoe fireball. Apparently Karasu can somehow sense that it's suddenly become a stack attack and run to you.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

At that level DPS gets the subligar, Tanks get the beer can, Healers get lingerie.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cythereal posted:

Oh? I was under the impression it was a pool of gently caress you. Good to know for next visit.

You'll almost never run into instadeath mechanics in this game outside of some very specific instances which mean the whole group has hosed up.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

ImpAtom posted:

What's the best way to level from 50 to 60 as a DPS now? Still PotD?

50 to 60 is still potd. 60+ is running whatever dungeon is on your level.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Harrow posted:

As far as I can tell, MNK is actually in a pretty good place. SAM does have kind of holy poo poo DPS going on, but MNK definitely didn't get gutted.

It's basically sitting in the same place as it was in HW, only with even less to do. The new skills aren't really interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The Shisui set isn't awful, but the only way it could more obviously lingerie is if the chest piece was a teddy.

Lotts weird non-roe things that pop up throughout the video.

Also the 60 SAM quest is pretty funny if you turn your weapon off.

Brainamp fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 10, 2017