Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
New edition has got me painting my Metalica Ad Mech. Props to our benevolent leader SRM for pushing me to do the cog pattern on the Dominus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

OhDearGodNo posted:

Those are badass. What did you use for the white? I'm looking at using VMA white grey with metallic medium.

Thanks for the kind words. My recipe for the white is basecoat of GW Rakarth Flesh, then a thinned out wash of seraphim sepia, then layer pallid wych flesh, final highlights with a pure white.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Would a close combat Knight be too much? I feel like it would only good useful for taking on other knights and other models with large amounts of wounds.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

While not quite done just yet, these bad boys are are table top ready stage for me. Now that admech is much simplified I look forward to playing and not going cross eyed.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Zuul the Cat posted:

Shapeways has actual lion shoulder pads, but no insignia or transfers. There are a couple companies that are doing design your own decals, but I can't remember the name of the website.

http://www.fallouthobbies.com/custom

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Forgeworld already seems to have some broken things, so hopefully they react quickly.

From what I've heard they're extremely under staffed at the moment so I wouldn't expect it.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Alokgen posted:

Finished another clown car today.

Well I might as well burn the harlequins I do have because they'll never look that good.

In other news, I got a halfway decent app for my camera so I've been playing around with the settings to get better pictures.

Here are some plaguebearers that I've been working on. Always a joy to paint these gross buggers and they're a great pallet cleanser after detail heavy Admech.

And close up of one of them

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

WhiteOutMouse posted:

So here is a nice exercise, what band and or song do you guys feel best matches each legion? We can open this up to loyalist too, but they are kinda samey to me...

Word Bearers- https://youtu.be/AKiEJ2a0v3Y

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Pendent posted:

Wait a second. Won't the Hard to Hit rule on flyers and this new Raven Guard tactic stack? Man, talk about Stormraven supremacy...

In the Redemptor article they specifically mentioned that Chapter Tactics applies only to infantry,bikers,and dreads so no. The only evidence I've seen to the contrary is a slightly cheeky comment the FB team made in response to someone asking how a dread and other vehicles could be stealthy.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Xarlaxas posted:

Going to have to look that one up, it sounds interesting.

Also, I really like the fluff of the Emperor seeing the Primarchs as tools to achieve his own ends: he destroyed the Thunder Warriors after they served their purpose, he lied to everyone, even the Primarchs, with the Imperial Truth, for his own ends, and it really puts into question exactly what his "grand plan" for humanity really was, and makes the worshipping him as a deity even more ironic. The Emperor's Mercy in modern 40k is about the same as "Compliance" that he had the Legions perform.

I know people get all bent out of shape out of this topic but ADB had an interview on the Imperial Truth podcast and his response to this is basically that everyone see's and interprets the Emperor in their own way. For instance the scene with Arkan Land the Emperor is wearing a lab coat, operating on Angron in essentially a Frankenstein laboratory because of course that's how Arkan would see the Emperor , as a man of rationality and logic. Also literally the only word the Emperor actually says (and not just telepathically beam into someones mind) throughout the book is "Magnus" to said Primarch.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

panascope posted:

Post your toys instead of math please.

Ask and ye shall receive!
:unsmigghh:

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Artum posted:

There has to be more to it than that, otherwise the word bearers one is terrible.

While not the most exciting I could easily see them getting something that buffs Dark Apostles either through Warlord traits,relics, etc etc and if you're Word Bearers you're definitely running Dark Apostles. Even with just that trait that means they're very unlikely to fail morale tests within the DA's bubble. I'll wait till we actually see everything before calling anything a stinker.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Did a Redemptor:

That's a nice dread you got there! Continuing with the dread theme here's my WB Leviathan.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Since y'all liked my dread so much I put together some group shots of my WB army. Quite a bit of this will be used in my 40k games though I am in dire need of some cultists.

Sir not appearing in these photos is my fully painted Spartan ,which I m currently doing some repair work after some one dropped a model on the sponson , breaking it clean in half.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Zuul the Cat posted:

So i'm thinking of picking up a null-maiden rhino, a sisters of silence squad and a Culexus assassin to run with my AdMech to shut down Psykers, which have been the bane of my existence for a while.

Has anyone used them? I'm thinking of kitting out 9 of them as Vigilators and sticking those 9 and the assassin in the Rhino.

Sounds like a good idea, the only caveat would be how is the assassin riding in the rhino? I don't have the book in front of me but most transports are very specific in what they can carry in 8th.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

:siren: Cawl in dah houuuuuussse!!! :siren:

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Shadin posted:

I bookmarked the Death Thread originally just to watch the convo when I first got into miniatures, in hopes I’d get the scoop on other manufacturers as good as GW that I might not have heard of. Turns out they don’t exist.

People can dislike the theme and the style all they want, but anyone saying that another manufacturer working with polystyrene, or other inferior plastics, is within ten years of GW is just trying really hard to justify their personal boycott.

The only company whos mini's I've liked (design wise not always taste wise) is Wyrd's Malifaux line and even then some of their sprues are horrendous and turned me off to that game in a big way.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

The Bee posted:

Yeah, I think both sides are being kind of reactionary here. I'm interested in seeing how this graph pans out when analyzed, even if I think there are a million factors more likely than MARINE BIAS.

I too have no problem with getting cool graphs and data but I would rather not have people then go all tin foil hat conspiracy theory without actually taking the time to consider the factors behind the data. A previous poster hit the nail on the head when they said the question should have been "What armies do you play often?" and not simply just "what armies do you have?" . I also agree with Zuul that Imperium is so heavily saturated that it's not really a surprise that they have a strong presence in the data.

For the record I play and own:

GSC
Admech
30k/40k Word Bearers
Nurgle Daemons

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Pendent posted:

Can somebody explain how the Knights work in the new mechanicum book? It sounds to me like these are the rules for Mechanicus aligned Knight houses, but there's no mention of the imperial aligned houses at all. Is this the book that everybody with a knight will need to buy or will there be another one coming up?

There are stratagems that act on Knights in your army (not detachment). Theyre in the codex because Knights are a natural fit for an Admech army both fluff wise and game wise , and they still use the <household> faction key word. You don't need to buy the Admech codex for them, so go ahead and keep using the Index.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

The Bee posted:

So does that mean they don't count as <Forge World> units? And does it give a list of Mars houses, or no?

To your first point ; No. As I stated they still use the <household> keywords and the stratagems in question specifically state <questoris Knight> in they're wording. One gives them Canticles for a turn, one gives them +1 invul, and one let's them use the top damage row for a turn.

To your second: I have no idea

Edit: Here's video of the codex ( suggest muting to avoid constant banter)
https://youtu.be/daG1Pgr94zA

The Sisko fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 17, 2017

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

So all this new Chaos stuff looks amazing and has me thinking about starting up a small chaos war band of my own. Is a melee focused CSM viable/fun army to play? I’ve always loved the flavor behind the Hounds of Abbadon and this release is hitting that itch pretty hard.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

The Dregs posted:

I am actually North of Atlanta, near Marietta. The local game store here (Gigabites) always seems to be slammed with players. It'll be awhile before I can actually field an army. When I can, I will be sure to hit you up.

Edit: Holy poo poo. Guilliman woke up? Primaris Marines? They advanced the storyline?!

I also live in the North Atlanta area (Sandy Springs) right next to Roswell.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

10/10 grimdark goofiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

Omar al-Bishie posted:

so the 9th rules are out, when will we know how the factions stand in terms of competitiveness? I'm interested in orkz and want to make sure I don't assemble a bunch of trap units

The YouTube channel Tabletop Titans has being doing great breakdowns on each of the factions in 9th Ed (they were playtesters and so have had access to the rules)