Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

eonwe posted:

NINTENDO IS CUTE. MARIO IS GOOD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Dizz posted:

Know anyone who talks to dead people?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i've got a switch and mario and its 2017 and colectathons are back baby!!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Tayter Swift posted:

I played a shitload of Joust, is Balloon Fight better than Joust

balloon fight has hip tanaka music ftw

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy poo poo playing Skyrim for the first time around and this world is huge and there’s a ton of poo poo everywhere. I love it. Being able to just grab the switch and play on the go and at work is going to fun for this game.

its gonna get old but the first like 40 hours of skyrim is pretty rad. or it was in 2011

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You still have to beat the level, you just don't have to replay the first 5 minutes every single time to try

i still need the replaying the first 5 minutes every single time, in my life, but i can foresee a day when i wont

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Norns posted:

I smoke copious amounts of marijuana and have never cooked or baked my electronics

:same: except one time i baked my broken geforce cause the internet told me to, but it didnt work and i ended up just getting a new card. that was around the time skyrim came out, so like a million years ago

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

A Big... Dog posted:

skyrim just came out, friend

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Takoluka posted:

Everyone forgets about Castlevania ReBirth on Wii.

yeah that game is fun! that one and chronicles on ps1 (not dracula x) are like the forogtten classicvanias. i think they're both loose remakes of like, a gb game and a weird japanese computer game? someone here probably knows

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 24, 2017

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Kawabata posted:

(it's basically a Persona)

i dunno dude for me persona lives and dies on the art style and uh yeah

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Electromax posted:

Is there an English game series with similarly notable voice acting that gets Japanese gamers riled up over language selection the way, say, MGS or RPGs do here?

Like are people in Japan having serious debates about Elena's JP VA being superior in Uncharted 3 or whatever.

serious question are there western aaa single player games that lots and lots of japanese people play these days? i honestly don't know.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lets go dark souls 👏 👏 👏👏👏

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 6, 2017

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

tphd already doesnt use motion controls tho right

not to mention gcn. someone check if the world is flipped

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yeah I wanna see what they do for galaxy. I'm gonna be pissed if shield people can play galaxy with a stick but i can't on my wii u!!

not that the waggle is that bad, i just dont like having to keep a wii mote around these days

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

oh and the shield has mgs2 too. damnit i am getting jealous

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

mabels big day posted:

the issue of who should have won the goty 2017 award, mario or zelda, is going to be an epic gamer debate for years to come

but story/music gamers will never forget nier

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

people are gonna love the wii u some day. crazy that people can't see that

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

there's really not a better piece of 2010s kitsch in gaming, not even the vita

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

here are some hot tips on how to enjoy your wii U:

1. try playing every zelda game. they're all there!
2. hack that poo poo
3. digital only please
4. captain toad mutherfucker

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

I will keep my WiiU because it has some good games that will probably never be ported TMS, 3D World, Pikmin 3, Tropical Freeze, Captain Toad etc. But I'm also not in the habit of breaking my controllers so.

pikmin 3 ftw. thats one i expect will be ported tho, pikmin trilogy seems like a thing that will happen

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yasunori mitsuda's name will ensure xb2 osts reputation but a lot of other dudes worked on it too, and its pretty great throughout

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i know most people dont care but I love the vc and use it all the time on the wiiu and 3ds, it would be sad to see go :(

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

a.lo posted:

isnt pikmin 4 done

i want pikmin 4 so abd

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Calaveron posted:

And the nintendo 64 days where Zelda was shown off in 95 and then came out until 98

i remember when miyamoto was like "dolphin zelda is coming in 5 years" after oot and hey he was right!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So is this Romancing Saga 2 game a good Switch port? I wanna support the release on the Switch, but I don't wanna get a bad port job if I can avoid it.

This is like one of the few SNES RPGs I've never played.

it seems like a very good example of how to do a low key snes rpg upgrade without loving things up

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

DS version is good. Characters more on model, more content. There's just a lack of analog control made up for with a run button. It ends up actually playing similar to the 3D Land/World games control wise. Less input lag too.

noooo sm64ds is very bad

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

I think Mark Brown had a great take on BotW's story compared to other open world games. In something like Skyrim all the wandering around you do is instead of the story--you're just putting it off until you feel like doing it, and then when you do do it it's just a normal linear video game story. In BotW, the outline of the story is "go fight Ganon when you're ready", and the actual exploring is you getting ready. So the story is sparse but the open world exploration is part of it instead of being orthogonal to it. Not everybody's cup of tea obviously.

for sure, i dont get these people who are like "more plot = better story" for me in a zelda game and in most games its "less plot = better story." i mean, the game itself is the story you know??

people love link's awakening, you know how much plot that actually had? not very much!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

it has great animation. some of the best in any game

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

hell yeah

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Argue posted:

What did Squenix release in 2017 to earn that massive bump?

they've been killing it lately, i would really like to see more of their games on the nintendo switch

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

I'm just still confused how, and I don't mean this to put down deaf people, you can connect with any game emotionally at all without music

I mean it's fine for like playing Madden or some poo poo but I dunno what the point would even be of playing anything with like characters and a plot with no music, if you had a choice

i just wanna say, as someone very invested in video game music, its totally ok to turn that poo poo off sometimes

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

They should put mario in botw so its more fun to play

this is so dumb, its the legend of zelda, thats why you play as zelda

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I call it ess em bee or Mario 1 depending on who I'm talking to

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

Pikmin 3 is an important one for instance

thats a good word for it, pikmin 3 ftw

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This is probably not an original thought but my favorite looking platformer ever is still Yoshi's Island, I just can't do the platformer-with-3d-models thing (somehow 3D World made it look really good)

the hot new goon favorite game celeste gives me yoshis island vibes sometimes, among the many other classic platformers it reminds me of

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Celeste you're supposed to play with the analog stick, strange but true

i could see this except the dash is locked to 8 way so it doesnt quite work for me

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

some of the ways it reminds me of yoshis island:

standing in place and pressind down, the character squishes in a very yoshis island way

levels that can be played semi-linearly or as explory things

that part in the hotel in level 3 is like that one castle where you go in the different doors to unlock the central door

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

its the first game that made me understand why people bitch about the pro controller dpad :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Yestermoment posted:

This thread talked about wanting Phantom Pain on the Switch and drat do I want that now.

there's an mgs2hd port on nvidia shield which is like the same dang architecture as the switch

i own that game on vita but its a pain in the rear end to play without back shoulder buttons. i wanna play it portable dangit.

• Locked thread