Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

look at what happens when goons read politics into things and you'll realize i am correct

This got me to go back and read some old SuperMechaGodzilla posts and now my tummy and my head both hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
The sexism and homophobia is definitely an issue in The Warriors, but I wish more gangs would choose a colorful theme and stick with it.

Plus the DJ was The Chief from the Where In the World Is Carmen San Diego? tv show and gives me shivers up my spine when she says, "Hey there, boppers..."

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Was Judgement Night as bad as I remember? Aside from being one of the first origins of rap rock

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Alaois posted:

Judgment Night kinda rules

and the soundtrack still has some great poo poo on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOmdg3epcic

Oh daaaamn yeh I'm gonna have to track a copy of this and the soundtrack down. Not what I was expecting, in the best way

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Buncha dudes simpin' for Ginsberg & Leary like they're Musk Daddy or Jorp

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Just like "not all guys" guys

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

CJacobs posted:

That being an image we ALL deserve to mentally picture,

Did Snape cause Slughorn to ejaculate, or is Snape's ejaculate Slughorn?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Thankfully we have condoms & penicillin now

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Probably throw some tossers in there for good measure

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
I feel like weed is more something that you'd graze on, not hunt

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

MrUnderbridge posted:

SNL did a skit where the joke was that only the common people had phone getting smaller.

"Cammy Diaz has a phone the size of a brick!"

Much like jokes about the ever increasing size of boom boxes (do those still exist?), a tech change reverses what seems like a universal trend.

Ghetto blasters definitely do still exist! Do you still have that collection of Beastie Boys and Alice in Chains cassettes laying around somewhere?

Or maybe you'd like something with a CD player so you can listen to Two Princes on repeat?

Or something a little more modern, with bluetooth?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

pentyne posted:

There's a lot of shows from the late 90s/early 00s that were fairly successful at the time and just up and left realm of media consciousness.

Plus, tons of stuff on the cusp of the 80s/90s that was revolutionary then was basically tame as hell after the Sopranos kickstarted a golden age of TV. Shows like thirtysomething, Northen Exposure, Hill Street Blues, literally never really mentioned or brought up in discussions of media unless its for one extremely specific reason.

Homicide: Life On the Street is soooo 1991, but it holds up pretty decently. It's based on David Simon's book, so is basically proto-The Wire. Very stacked cast like Andre Braugher, Giancarlo Esposito, Clark Johnson, Richard Belzer, and Yaphet Kotto

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
I find the best way to keep teens from doing drugs is to do them all myself first

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

William S. Sessions, Director, FBI posted:

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'll say one good thing about early L&O, they really went hard on rich people in general and New York landlords in particular.

Reject modernity, embrace tradition

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Watch Homicide: Life On the Street if you want a show where the police aren't just infallible heroes and the boys in blue exist in moral grey areas. And the fattest Baldwin brother

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Glad we're all in agreement that Constantine is a near perfect film

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Absolutely 100% agreed

e: y'all do you recognize the common thread linking these two all time classics?

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
I have a CD wallet labelled Desert Island Emergency Kit filled with my top 20 DVDs, just in case I'm ever stranded alone after my boat sinks, and Constantine is right near the front

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Also, Keanu Reeves in Always Be My Maybe as an rear end in a top hat faux crunchy goopster version of himself makes me laugh every time

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

mind the walrus posted:

This exact pipeline which plays out every single time it comes up

Where the crowd mutates very quickly from "go gently caress yourself everyone knows he sucked in Constantine and has limited range" to "oh he's a wonderful guy though" to "yeah and he's a great actor too!" right into "Yeah and he was great in Constantine!"

Seen it happen here and dozens of other places, so maybe think before you bust out the ":jerkbag: What the gently caress are you talking about? :smug:" poo poo. It's an understandable phenomenon, but a loving weird one.

Thanks by the way everyone for the empirical evidence. Couldn't have done it without you.

For the record, I'd like to point out that I have been a known Keanu appreciator since '97 and consistent in my love for the film Constantine and Keanu in it. Please don't quote me to further your vendetta against cool mountain breezes

Also for the record, the funniest part of Always Be My Maybe is when Randall Park's dad asks him what he's doing, and he answers, "Smoking weed and dancing in front of the mirror. Wanna join me?" And then the dad does, in fact, join him

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Fish of hemp posted:

I'm kind of sad that Last Action Hero flopped. Because he had interesting string of films in the early 1990's: Terminator 2, Total Recall and LAH. Maybe his career could have taken new direction after LAH if it would have been more succesful. Instead his action films returned to form after that.

This True Lies erasure will not be tolerated

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

This True Lies Bill Paxton erasure will not be tolerated

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

hawowanlawow posted:

oh like she belongs in the kitchen, yeah that's pretty hosed u-

ohh that's much worse

I had the same reaction! Except I think my first thought had to do with her baby-oven

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

BioEnchanted posted:

Or the bizarre decision to ADR her with her own voice but doing a weird french accent in Elysium.

That was supposed to be a French accent??

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

BioEnchanted posted:

I would like to see demons that change their behaviours with the times, like they started out doing sex rituals when it was all there was thousands of years ago, but eventually got bored of it and started doing other things. A pair of demons in 2022 summoning a demigod by beating a videogame coop, or playing a board game against one another. As long as there's an interplay between them, it doesn't matter what kind, it still works so they mix it up sometimes.

Great, just summoning a demon to my apartment everytime I pay an egirl to get off 🙄

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

the holy poopacy posted:

Rick Moranis actually seems to be in pretty good shape for his age too (presumably retiring young and reasonably rich to be a fulltime dad helped a lot.) Not Ernie Hudson good, but pretty well kept.

Holy calamity Ernie Hudson keeping it tight

Winston was always my favorite as a kid, I even had his action figure

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
I liked the bit with the horse

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Rondette posted:

I've definitely heard that name uttered in a playground.

On the subject of inappropriate for children I was watching an old episode of Top of the Pops from 1983 and stumbled across this unholy duo....

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

mandatory lesbian posted:

I have adhd, and im normal when doing things

Is what we all tell ourselves

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I had foobar2000 on a work computer to jam while I was coding and in a meeting where I was sharing my screen an older guy was like "what's that weird alien icon on your taskbar" and one of my coworkers was like "that's foobar2000 it's a music player from like ten years ago"

all I'm saying is Freddie if you're a goon you had good taste in players

Imagine going this long and not realizing you got dunked on

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
That playlist is all over the place

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Absurd Alhazred posted:

The place being late 90s.

True, it would have killed at a junior high dance

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Desert Bus posted:

In the past 19 years I have managed to create two forum legacies. The first is equating UitM to Moby, the second is making sure everyone knows sucking your own dick is more like sucking dick than having your dick sucked. Which one would you lean into???

You know, I had completely forgotten about that second one until you brought it up just now

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Goons are always looking for a circle jerk to join in

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
You should start a Youtube channel where you try things so other people don't have to

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Phylodox posted:

Based on the timing alone, I think he was probably filming Exit to Eden around the same time, where his character has a moustache.

Wait, they didn't have CGI de-mustaching technology in 1995? Concerning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

That Italian Guy posted:

Can't watch it now, is this the one where Watson ejaculates from a balcony?

I was reading SH in English for the first time a while ago and I almost chocked when I got to that part.

Edit: God, what a snipe.

I heard that if you ejaculate from the top of the Empire State Building, it can kill someone on the street below if it lands on them