Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

1 > 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

havent decided where the rest go yet

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Yaws posted:

Here's another anecdote: A friend of mine had never seen any Star Wars movies at all. None of them. So we we showed him the OT and he liked them well enough.

Then we showed him the Prequels

I'll never forget his reaction. It was unhinged rage! A real and utterly loathing! He HATED these films! Just detested them! He wasn't a Star Wars fans to begin with and even HE could recognize the shortcomings of the prequels.

In short, it's stupid to bring up some lame anecdote to buttress your argument.

its weird to talk about yourself in third person

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

jivjov posted:

Why don't people just say this, then? Why blatantly lie and call it Coruscant, when the actual meaning meant to be conveyed is "a planet/system like Coruscant"?

because theyre trying to distance themselves from the prequels :evilbuddy:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Yaws posted:

I believe he went to prison for clumsily lighting his neighbors house on fire with some fireworks.

RIP Cnut. Some people here miss you :(

i guess he wasnt careful

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the order i watched them in was 5 4 1 6 2 3

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

Oh i'm not going to die on this hill. I'm totally fine admitting I'm wrong and that I've always heard it wrong.

I'm certainly not going to start a massive go-nowhere debate like is currently happening in the book barn thread.

this may be one of my favorite posts in any star wars thread ever:

jivjov posted:

I've taken enough marketing classes to know that blatant lies aren't exactly legal
call the police because lukes shirt is the wrong color! do it! do it!!!!

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i'll probably watch it in theaters just to hear the fanfare on the theaters sound system

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:wrongful:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Captain Splendid posted:

Is it bad that I can immediately tell that those are Action Fleet toys in the trench scene?

oh wow i used to have that x wing

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

homullus posted:

so it's your ex wing

you know, the funny thing is that it came with a smaller x wing with semicircle engines because they couldnt make the regular engines at that size. that kinda made the x wings from the sequel series a lot less impressive for me

now that i look at it again im wondering if it was meant to be some sort of prototype x wing or something

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 1, 2017

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

Haha yeah man, the guy who's been saying how much he's come to like the prequels recently is saying I wish Disney would ignore them. You got me.

Clones come from the OT. Sith is an OT thing. Do you not know Star Wars?

i might not remember it correctly but all the visuals in the coruscant scene were straight from the prequels. i think it counts. also come on, clones arent ot. no one thinks of the ot first when someone mentions clones

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

s.i.r.e. posted:

Luke and Obi-Wan talk about the Clone Wars, though it's never stated that the Stormtroopers are clones.

i know that

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

jivjov posted:

What Coruscant scene? Other than the brief glimpse during the Special Edition montage in RotJ, Coruscant has only appeared in the prequels.

wrong!!!!!!!!!

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i'll say this for rian johnson he knows how to make amazing moments. i cant remember the last time a movie made me go "holy poo poo" like that, let alone several times

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Ramadu posted:

when i got home it was at 78% and now its 58%

i am genuinely stunned that anyone thought it was great and im wondering if everyone who liked it has brain worms or something

drat how many did you write???

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

euphronius posted:

Also the wonderful milking scene! The alien bird was so happy to be ethically used !!

i thought it was more annoyed than anything, the way it looks at rey was all "can you believe this guy?"

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcai...e/#6023a19b18d8

quote:

To begin to appreciate the epic nature of the Last Jedi catastrophe, consider the 9.2 magnitude megathrust 1964 Good Friday earthquake near Anchorage, Alaska. That was such a massive catastrophe that it killed Oregonians and Californians more than 1,000 miles away.

lol this guy owns

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

pretty weird that they would make all those giant cgi people and not even use them in the film

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://twitter.com/BBW_BFF/status/953106797878960128

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/953107873487208448

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/953312313758564352

https://twitter.com/JohnBoyega/status/953395150356705280

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/953410120699977728

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Last_Taste posted:

Can't it also be interpreted as it doesn't matter who they are. Your actions lead to you, and your choices are what matter. You have the ability to use the force, use it as you chose.

Lineage is overblown by the fandom. Luke and Leia matter because they are children of the chosen one/immaculate conception. Luke fulfills his role and helps redeem his father. After that they don't matter. He isn't the grand mega hyper jedi master of the EU.

Who were Obi Wans parents. Who were Palpatines parents? Who were Yodas parents? It doesn't matter and it never has.

it was a big deal because tfa made it a big deal not the fandom

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

yeah its a line that encourages questions instead of discourages them

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

pretty much, yeah

its a vague open ended statement that could have meant anything retrospectively

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

ungulateman posted:

"the Force presence of a single atom" is the worst non-political phrase i have read all year

how would you even measure that

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:ohdear:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i think its really bad writing that these characters dont use magic powers to solve everything instantly

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

preemptively pouring a shot out for all the porgs giving their lives to get the death star 4 plans

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Yaws posted:

Well then what?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Hodgepodge posted:

Capital ships presumably cost an ungodly amount of resources. Just imagine they're real-world aircraft carriers.

Way back when Games Workshop actually went and made an in-universe response to this sort of theoretical wanking by 40k fans:

this could almost be from star wars lol

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the star death. star murderer

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

the real question we should be asking about the millennium falcon is why the cockpit is on the side. i hope this is addressed in solo

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Waffles Inc. posted:

When I see Solo is your take that I should...turn my brain off?

i think the take is that you should cut out the middleman and not watch it

AndyElusive posted:

Jabba says so himself, Han Solo is his best smuggler!

he said that.... to han...

hes also like "hey buddy what would i do if everyone screws up as bad as you" which sort of implies the opposite

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

thats not the movie its a poster about the movie

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i dont think the space battle in rogue one was that great

it had some cool imagery like the massive swarms of tie fighters launching and the part where they try to get through the gate before it closes but the winning :master: was just kinda eh

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

yoda: luminous beings are we, not this crude matter

jivjov: *rises from the swamp* actually, you arent glowing and youre clearly made of matter otherwise you wouldnt exist

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Lincoln posted:

Who literally “nods off” during a movie? I mean, any movie that you deliberately attend after purchasing tickets? Not even a chick flick or boring art-house movie, but a major action-adventure film of a colossal franchise that you’re obviously interested in enough to attend. I’m going to go ahead and say you didn’t literally almost fall asleep during the movie, then storm out of the theater in anger. Instead, I’ll guess you wanted to breathlessly overstate your fake indifference to earn Edgelord points on the internet.

That, or you’re narcoleptic. Those are the only two realistic scenarios, based on your ripping yarn of falling asleep during Star Wars.

This is the worst loving thread.

its insanely hosed up, that people use hyperbole on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i dont think luke pulling a lightsaber on ben is some great betrayal of his character or anything. he resisted the dark side in episode 6 but that doesnt mean its gone forever and can never influence him again. the temptation to take the easy solution is always going to be there

on the subject of luke i do think its kinda weird that hes all "haha you didnt kill me :smug:" and then he dies anyway. it kinda ruins the moment a bit