Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
What crypto did the name of this thread used to reference? I'm making fun of crypto scams with my buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Thank you! He bought up CUMMIES and I was pretty sure he hadn't diversified into Monkey Jizz yet

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

GABA ghoul posted:

Ok, so I'm reading about the new NFT shoe startup that collected $5 million in funding and after the 4th time I think I'm finally starting to get it. Basically, you use the shoes for walking and then you get a nft jpeg of a shoe that you can customize. You then rent the jpg out to people who want to have the jpg and you become an NFT landlord and earn a living by walking. There is also something about NFT socks that I'm still not completely sure about. I'm gonna go read it again

Mods whats the policy on posting about self harm

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dinosaurs! posted:

I use Venmo against my will because all my friends are on it, but I don’t understand why transactions need to be a social network.

the fact that people don't turn that feature off immediately is probably the best part of Venmo. I love seeing who's paying last night's date for dinner!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

coelomate posted:

This is the first google image result for "ape skull"

Interesting only because it looks pretty identical in terms of shape/angle/etc.

huh, I count 19 teeth in that picture. It's like there's this one really important difference between the two. Hm. Wonder what it is.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Crow posted:

If you're as good with money as you are at counting, boy have I got some wonderful art pieces to sell you! Exclusively!

If they are full of racist imagery I can defend by saying they aren't EXACTLY the same as the racist imagery even though it's so close they no reasonable human would say otherwise THEN COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

yo, ghost titty, i forgot to quote this and say i got no fuckin clue what this means but you can suck my rear end ty

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Protocol7 posted:

have you considered: number go up?

I... I never considered this

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Apologies if I'm being an idiot by missing an obvious joke, but Meta and "the metaverse" are unrelated. Meta is just what Facebook - the company - rebranded to, since they've been expanding into other things for a while now. Similar to how Google created Alphabet. Meta stock plummeted because their profits failed to meet expectations due to an increase in spending.

I'm sure you were probably joking but I've seen a few people confuse the metaverse for somehow being Facebook related, it's not. It's the stupid name that these crypto idiots are giving to their utopian world where crypto rules all and every aspect of our lives somehow lives on a blockchain.

I don't think anyone wants anything to do with anyone's metaverse, hence why Meta's stock is plummeting

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

I mean they had their earnings call, reported an unprecedented loss, and then the stock fell 20%. But attribute it to whatever you want I guess, that's the crypto way.

priznat posted:

Yeah it was more due to apple shutting off their ability to siphon user data on ios devices coupled with a general decline in user numbers (because only old people use facebook and they’re dying off)

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/02/...am%20in%202012.

Lol? The Apple stuff is what's making the investment into the metaverse look extremely bad. They are pouring billions of dollars into technology that no one is excited about while their largest revenue stream is quickly drying up. So uh yeah metaverse is partially to blame here guys

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

What the gently caress even is this, Ghost Titties? This chart wouldn't even need a 56k beware tag back in 2003 you loving moron

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

I just had an update from Derek Smart.

Dave Mata was hired 4 months ago as 'Director of Product, LiveOps' by Beamable. Their CEO, Jon Radoff, is also a friend of Derek and noticed the post on Derek's wall, and knew nothing about the SEC prosecution. As of 5 minutes ago, Dave Mata was fired.

lol

sorry I was mean to you this owns dude, nice work!!! :lmao:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

LMAO the crowd of real fans of music at this NFT concert:

everyone is awkwardly huddled up like it's a middleschool dance with zero ladies.

Literal bagholder spotted:

Rainy day NFT mode, still not listening to the concert at all:

Not a single proper rain jacket in the whole loving crowd, how

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Coolness Averted posted:

Has there been any source for that other than the other nft scammer who wants you to buy his nfts instead?
I got the impression the ape thing came from the wayy wallstreetbets and other bagholders call themselves apes.
It's from the internet sewer, so I'm certain they do a ton of 'ironic' racism, but I've only seen games of telephone that yuga or whatever is actually fash

One of the few things I learned on the internet is that even if you THINK it's not intended to be racist, it definitely 100% definitely is

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

notwithoutmyanus posted:

This would be the correct outcome, and not even remotely surprising. Though him coming to crypto shows you exactly where crypto is going, for sure. Web3 drug delivery :lol:. So now, it's almost like you get insulin, except you have an NFT and you die from a lack of insulin. Perfect!

Lol, the company is even better than that. It looks like it's a company that uses distributed computer networking to "decode solutions" that will help the company discover the next new miracle drug.

quote:

Druglike is building a decentralized computing network which provides resources for anyone looking to start or contribute to early-stage drug discovery projects. Unlike competitors, Druglike will be web-based and completely free to use. Druglike will soon release a web-based suite for target identification, drug design, and tools for both constructing and running large-scale virtual screening workflows.

Sounds like a scam within a bigger scam!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
as long as there's a place for people to post about the scammiest poo poo on the planet I'm happy

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

good ol ghost tittys is back :)

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Rad-daddio posted:

Everything about covid and the lockdowns loving sucked.

When I finally ended up getting covid, it wasn't any worse than a strong cold. I just remembered staring at the positive covid test and thinking, "We shut the whole planet down for two years because of this?"

few points here

1) millions died of covid, including my s/o's brother
2) the lockdowns really only lasted until spring 2021, hell I was going to bars outside before end of 2020
3) i'm glad you didn't get sicker but that doesn't mean it's not serious. if you could avoid having a stroke or other heart issues, would you?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Rad-daddio posted:

I'm not saying they shouldn't have happened or anything, I'm just saying that all of it really sucked and watching people say how kinda neato it was to get to play video games and learn how to bake bread all day really isn't cool.

titty_baby_ posted:

If something personally didn't affect me then I don't understand what the big deal is. My perceived reality is the only thing that matters

hm seems like you're back where you started

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

contemplating what prison hobby to take up

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

PrettySusIfUAskMe posted:

Well anyway, unrelated fact:

lol this owns

can you post a cool graph for me, i like staring at em

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I'm fond of this one, the year to date:

what happened like, 2019-2023 tho

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

I wouldn't focus on any timescale shorter than 8 years (two full cycles)

yeah well you can cycle deez nuts lol

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

laugh now

others here laughed ten years ago

he who laughs last, laughs hardest.

not necessarily, what if I laughed harder than you ever could before I died, and then you were never able to laugh as hard as I did before I died? That means I laughed hardest. My guy, maybe invest this money in a GED or something

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

can you idiots stop giving him attention

no

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Foo Diddley posted:

i see that a lotta y'all still don't get it

they don't understand the potential for new apes