Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

iSurrender posted:

I just won an ARAM game where our comp was Blitz, Gragas, Graves, Kata, Voli vs Lux, Morg, Nida, Ornn, Veigar. AMA.

build MR congrats you win

edit: won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
I don’t think I lost a single game of URF as pre-rework Galio. Absolutely Unkillable and his obnoxious ult was up every 16 seconds or w/e.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

rabidsquid posted:

i got beekeepr singed for 405 in my shop and im strongly considering it. tyrant swain for 540 and justicar aatrox for 487 also have my eye but i dont know that ive seen those skins since their reworks, are either one good?

get beekeeper it's great.

I got toxic Mundo which was an insta-buy solely so I could set it as my profile background picture. Mundo with a needle in his arm sittin' on some rocks in a graveyard heck yeah

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Elentor posted:

So, I want to leave my prediction here: This year's skin will be Victorious Zyra, and in keeping tradition with Zyra not having any Chromas, they'll drop the one chroma per queue idea.

I know two people who are hardstuck at Bronze V.

it's possible to do poorly enough, for long enough, that you are literally better off just starting a new account vs trying to climb.

the path that my buddy took: despite never play a moba before, immediately start playing nothing but ranked at lvl 30... as jungle evelynn exclusively.

(he's silver something now I think, still just playing eve, on a new account)

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
practice tool also shows your ping, fwiw.

unless you just like beating up on bots

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
every single tech company over a certain employee count has some percent of absolute toxic shitheads like damore et. al.

source: I've worked for a lot of them.

i haven't paid specific attention to what designer dickhead said, but if he literally was saying "kill yourself" to anyone, he absolutely deserved to be insta-fired on the spot. That poo poo does not fly.

edit: to clarify just in case: the fact that it's everywhere does not excuse this sort of behavior at riot or anywhere else, obviously

Feisty-Cadaver fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Sep 10, 2018

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

CODChimera posted:

Have there been any really good skins recently?

Mafia Braum is dope.

edit:

Sexpansion posted:

hahahaha gentleman cho'gath, gently caress me

congrats on getting the best skin in the game

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

CYBEReris posted:

that reminds me of the goon way back who tried to play league with a steering wheel

friend of mine got to gold I in season 4(?) playing on a trackpad.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
Old Urgot’s ult was the dumbest thing in the history of the universe.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Servaetes posted:

high apm champion, very skilled, powerful player

that's how I play ADC cuz if I try and actually attack move I gently caress it up and do no damage and die

I also vote for lee sin so I could do ridiculous poo poo like this

https://clips.twitch.tv/HappyGiantBananaWTRuck

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

pog boyfriend posted:

“i am a 1900 MMR adc, 1400 MMR mid laner,” etc. could be a fun way to give the players more metric to improve

That was the goal of the profile->stats feature. Give you per queue/champion/role stats so you can see where you are strong or weak across lots of different dimensions. Compare against higher ranks and see "oh master support thresh players roam more than I do, maybe that's something I can improve"

It's pretty information-dense and explicitly doesn't say "do this better you dummy", but there's a lot to unpack if you spend some time with it

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
I don’t mind experimenting with balance changes in aram just to see what evolves, but bans are just gross. They make sense for ARURF because there is no window to counter, but if brand blows his combo on a Maokai in aram, you can still punish him.

A joy of aram is to have those occasional games where at loading screen it’s like “well we’re doomed” and then win anyway. And of course the opposite where you get dumpstered in 9 minutes.

The champion trade shelf was a brilliant addition though

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

pidan posted:

My Shop arrived and I got a nice Lunar Lux. On the fence about buying Beemo and a Sivir skin. No Lulu 😣

Beemo’s chromas own.

aram bans are unbelievably lame, but “both teams ban = available” is a potentially hilarious mechanic

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
it was added about a year ago

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

quote:

ARAM only accounts,

these don't exist, FWIW. Or, I should say exist in such an insanely small number that they disappear into the random noise of ARAM champ select.

source: my data science bud who sits next to me who literally looked at this issue

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
all the people at my elo are bad including myself

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
The only change needed for fiddle is to delete all skins except Surprise Party

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Servaetes posted:

Now the real question is Can I Jungle Him

well you can, but will you lose the game for your team in the process? Maybe!

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
sounds like you need to stand up from the computer and take a break!

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
there's literally a post that explains the strat around champions and skins

https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/06/dev-design-pillars-of-teamfight-tactics/

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Smol posted:

Is the game still FUBAR?

patch went out ~4 hours ago

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

They are removing the legacy cursor in 9.15 for reasons unfathomable, RIP if you like using it

this got reverted

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Sexpansion posted:

just force everyone to log in by scanning their passport

this is already basically the case in China and Korea.

kinda sad to see TT go, but it's not even enabled on many of the smaller regions it has such a small player base.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
everybody will lose their mind for 24 hours and then forget about it.

just like every other time the logo changed

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Monicro posted:

jinx is fun as gently caress and thats a top 5 skin period

Jinx is great but the auto attack audio on that skin is the most grating loving sound in the game.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Roid666 posted:

Been out of the game a bit, what's a cool urf Maokai item build?

Abyssal/warmogs/liandries is usually amusing

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Smol posted:

Pro-tip: reporting players for being AFK doesn’t do anything, so don’t waste your time with it.

The fact that they are afk is a much bigger factor but “reporting doesn’t do anything” is not the case. Report afk dicknozzles

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

pog boyfriend posted:

could be any number of things. cs, could be damage dealt, towers taken, et cetera. there is a way you can actually compare your score and find out why you did not get s ranks

use the profile -> stats tab. it doesn't directly correlate to mastery, but it will let you compare individual stats against other people at your rank playing whatever garbo you've decided is good.

unless you're playing something really odd, then there won't be enough data to compare

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
When I get called out (correctly) for playing poorly (always) I find

“You can’t tell me what to do you’re not my real dad!!!”

Defuses the situation more often than not. I mean not always ofc

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

strong bird posted:

yeah i cant think of why anyone would be attracted to an attractive woman with big, fat, heaving tits

i'm attracted to that one splash art of hers where her left hand had five fingers and a thumb

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

njsykora posted:

Every champ has good voice lines except Xayah and Rakan oh my god shut up.

Also super galaxy rumble and Lissandra in general in KR are super duper obnoxious

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
I’ve played a _lot_ of aram games and you should never surrender - especially with the changes over the last couple years you’ll either lose naturally or win a team fight and win

The most annoying loss is having no turrets and a shaco or twitch on the enemy team where you have to have at least one person babysit the nexus

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

CODChimera posted:

if your objective is to win as much as possible sure but if its to have fun then some games just aren't worth it

Yeah but when you see the loading screen and think “welp were hosed” you either lose in like 12 minutes or have some amazing turn of fortune

It’s not fun to get annihilated in 12 minutes but it’s like 12 minutes.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Gobbeldygook posted:

You recall correctly, 65 champs + owned champs + weekly free rotation.

---

as a fairly new League player I am broadly fine with Riot's attempts to monetize me, but charging for rune pages is loving disgusting (yes I use an overlay) but this abomination is actually an improvement over the older system??

the old rune system sucked tremendously hard, and while the new one is not perfect, it's so much better it's hard to even compare the two.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Vermain posted:

I think it was one of those cost-cutting measures they did out of necessity to make the balance sheet look better. From what I can tell, the last batch of regular animated login screens was in 2018, and that was the year where Tencent was reportedly tightening the screws hard due to Riot's internal financial management being a basket case.

Nah, it was just the switch to the new client. It's fairly trivial to make little animated screens in flash, but considerably more annoying to make them in js/css, especially when artists don't know either.

fun fact: all the animated splashes had to be reversible cuz the login panel for (Tencent or Garena I forget) was on the other side. :D

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
old urgot ult was dumb as hell and new urgot ult is p dope

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
riot makes the vast majority of their revenue from league, of course they care about it, jesus christ. valorant does gangbusters too cuz i guess fps players have been conditioned to pay ludicrous amounts of money for cosmetics? i thought a $30 legendary skin was a bold move but good gravy

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

1stGear posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if the only things at Riot that are really making money are Valorant, TFT, and League.

ding ding ding

I am uh :cough: pretty familiar with how R&D goes at riot and in general a game goes from prototype to production in like... 8-9 years. It sounds like corporate smoke blowing, but they really do mean it when they say we want to put out the best game we can (costs and dev time be damned). Sometimes that means you get something awesome out the door and sometimes that means a cool as poo poo concept gets canned/rebooted because it didn't hit the mark.

Layoffs aren't surprising, sadly. riot hired a shitload of people during the pandemic and the now-CEO was previously the CFO, so, ya know.

we find out in a couple hours if my partner still has a job :/

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Firebert posted:

It was impossible for LoR to make any money with their business model and the game honestly came out 5 years too late.

LoR dev was particularly cursed. It was the first game riot tried to make after league, and launching Product Number Two is notoriously difficult. It was first made in partnership with another studio who at one point said "hey this game is great ship it!" and riot was like "nah not good enough"

so that partner left, the game got rebooted a couple times, but eventually got to a state that felt really good.

then hearthstone came out and the team said "well, poo poo." runeterra gameplay was still solid but blizzard being blizzard said what if we make a tcg that actually looks cool?

so tack on a couple more years or whatever to make it look better

it's too bad; i think the game is p loving great, but riot had several windows that they just missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

njsykora posted:

This is basically the story of every company and makes me want to slap every idiot money guy who didn't stop to think for 5 seconds whether the boost in money from people being stuck with nothing to do but play videogames would last.

What's interesting is that league had a p significant rebound in players before the pandemic, which is wild to think about given league was like 10+ years old at that point.