Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

guess youtube has been nuking videos of palestinian bangers but this one got reuploaded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kLiYejrpbY

Backup poo poo you want to keep, because nothing gold can stay

O Zionist You Will Die In Gaza

Min Irhabi (Who's The Terrorist?)

Rossa Palestina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I heard Hamas has started to collect testicles as war trophies

That doesn't sound right. Has some other army started fighting alongside the IDF?

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Endman posted:

I try not to, but it gets really hot in the summer :negative:

This is what linen pants are for.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

Reddit was always stupid but was it this casually evil? Wrapping my head around this top voted exchange on worldnews, where Israel has reported 15 000 killed, and redditors are taking them at their word that 5000 were Hamas:

“Former grunt boo boo bandager here:

The West likes to put a pretty bow on war, but the truth is that you just don't know what the suspicious dude on the road is up to.

I've seen good guys get mistaken for bad, bad guys mistaken for good, and just straight killings that don't make any sense, but those got quickly fuzzied to not end up on the news.

What normal people need to understand in a hostile environment like this, is that you don't know poo poo about gently caress, and everyone's a half second away from being killed on both sides for different reasons. Mistakes are part of the fog of war.

Look at Ukraine, both sides regularly shoot at their own men because everyone is blind when the other guy can end you in an instant.

Basically, war is hell, more than most people can even imagine.”

“if you take into account the fact that hamas terrorists don't wear uniforms (not because they don't have them, as we've seen in 7/10) and that they've used UN ambulances to move around than it's really a coin flip for every male.. sadly, they also don't really have a minimal age (as seen in the west bank and also occasionally in gaza's checkpoints)..

i can't imagine the speed of the decision making needed to fight there”

Imagine almost getting the point but the. just accepting the company line away, in both cases. The former medic (loving babytalk MOS?) particularly just casually mentions seeing war crimes but then ends on “you know, the fog of war. Who can say who’s at fault? “

The second guy is just malicious “Hamas doesn’t wear uniforms” “Hamas uses ambulances”, it’s the upvotes for that which kill me.

Reddit is like 90% astroturfing in any political sub, and upvoting is an important part of narrative control (because downvoted posts are hidden automatically and upvoted posts are moved higher up the page and so are seen by more people).

Don't try to wrap your head around it as anyone's genuine beliefs, look at it as what the state wants white male computer touchers to think 'the consensus' is on the topic.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Mushika posted:

And I'm not continuing this because it's not a joke and probably shouldn't have made it continue.

You're being far too kind in your attempts.

Reminder that Israel literally and unironically preaches that 'nits make lice', and that they openly count the deaths of Palestinian children as 'terrorists killed' in their official tv broadcasts.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Syrian refugee children in lebanon sing a song in solidarity for palestine :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrlxJBLHx6c

lmao I was gonna ask you for English lyrics for this and then the chorus kicked in and I was like 'hey wait I listen to this song on my trip home from work every day'.

This is the version I've been listening to (which has English lyrics for any other filthy monolinguals itt who might appreciate them).

E: to add some more music. The whole world stands with Palestine.

An Phailistín by Sharon Shannon (Irish) - first link is to a version with English subtitles, second to the artist
Free Palestina by Ismo (Dutch) - English lyrics in the video description
Palestina by Don Daris (Serbian)
Free Palestine by Essam (English)
Ya Falastini by Muad + Firas (Arabic + English)

Beyond the bombs and the tanks
And the sounds of the planes
Therein lies a Palestine
That is free

HazCat has issued a correction as of 14:14 on Dec 7, 2023

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Dancer posted:

About... 1-2 weeks ago there was a well produced pro Palestine short, 2-3 min long, by (I don't remember) a Lebanese? or Jordanian? amateur film-maker. It had some music, but it was definitely not a music video. Anyone have it handy?

This one?

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

im allergic to congressional testimony is there a transcript

i gave up trying to read news about this because nobody wanted to print the actual loving words that were spoken... which means they dont actually matter. its just we support israel no matter what

Picture one insufferable woman shouting 'is calling for the genocide of jews harrassment, yes or no?!?!' and three woman quietly stating 'it depends on the context' and then explaining under what context it would be, and then the first woman screaming 'YES OR NO?!?!?!'

So it's basically just a rehash of 'do you condemn Hamas' but with the explicit aim of forcing the people unwilling to say 'yes' out of their jobs so someone who will say 'yes' can be installed.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Burn Zone posted:

what the gently caress are you on about

the normal folks in Gaza sure as gently caress aren't getting any k-pins for their anxiety of being bombed, don't role-play yourself as a hostage its gross as gently caress

They're making fun of the extremely stupid Israeli lie that released Israeli hostages only appeared so cheerful because Hamas drugged them, by saying they too would like some of this imaginary drug.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Crazypoops posted:

I just like drugs personally

I mean, fair

HazCat
May 4, 2009

It wouldn't surprise me if they've released this 'weapon stash in an incubator' nonsense to try to google bomb anyone searching for the other recent story about Israelis and what they're doing with Palestinian incubators.

I know 'look, we have to destroy the hospitals, the enemy is hiding in them!' has been a common story already, but specifically calling out the NICU and incubators is new.

If they were at all capable of effective propaganda I'd be more uncertain, because it's coming so late relative to the act I think they're trying to cover up, but Israel is so loving bad at predicting what normal people will find horrifying that all their propaganda seems to be reactive instead of proactive.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Lol at the reader's context notes on this.

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a sitting duck.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

Otoh, pension for life, guaranteed 100% disability, plus hearing loss award, and there's video evidence so a slam dunk.

Not if Israel's economy collapses. If that happens I bet we'll see the same thing as what's happening in Ukraine, with family members running GoFundMes to try to provide for the soldiers who got discharged with 'non-combat' shrapnel injuries.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Al! posted:

french, german, and italian mercenaries lmfao

Looking forward to Italy's eventual betrayal of Israel in April 2027.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Admiral Bosch posted:

https://twitter.com/AoR3138/status/1737535002454163863

chuck key in lathe spotted :( unsafe shop practices by al-qassam manufacturing. i condemn this

Wearing gloves while using a lathe? These guys are more of a danger to themselves than the IDF could ever be.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

kecske posted:

idk that OSHA has provision for how to operate machinery while under the 24/7 looming specter of explosive death by haphazard airstrike

Well the equation for 'should we ignore the OSHA provisions?' is 'which costs more, following the rules or replacing the worker if he is killed or crippled on the job?' so I guess it depends how disposable you think these particular workers are and how easy they'd be to replaced.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

bedpan posted:

tens of millions of people really believed this. they really believed that osama himself was going to come up crawling out of a sewer, knife between his teeth, in whatever shithole town they were from.

Look, I know it's naive, but don't we all sometimes dream of better things being possible?

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Israeli therapists: literally fleeing the country to avoid second-hand exposure to the realities of a war waged in their name

Gazan doctors: literally staring down death in bombed-out hospitals in order to stay with their patients until the end

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Nail Rat posted:

This is some stupid rear end bullshit here because you're saying I should be banned so I have to pay money to him.

I donate to some other things and gently caress you, I'll do it even if I'm banned here. Theoretically if I'm not banned that ten bucks will go to those other things.

You're an rear end in a top hat.

I've already lost a lot of friends permanently - and I have cut off my entire family permanently - due to my support of Gaza but gently caress you, you gatekeeping rear end in a top hat.

Dude chill out, people itt just don't want to hear how bad the bad thread is.

I share your annoyance at DnD, but no one is making us post there and no one in here wants to hear us complain about how every time we touch the stove we get burned.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

thehandtruck posted:

yeah i was thinking about that. surely they're taking this stance due their, uh, stuff, in ww2 right?

According to FF (if I have understood him correctly), Germany needs Israel to continue existing because otherwise all the Jews in Germany stop being temporarily geographically-embarrassed Israelis and start being German Jews.

Even worse, if Israel collapses, all the German Jews that Germany had managed to rid themselves of might want to come back to the fatherland instead of living in a Palestinian state.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Sancho Banana posted:

Nuclear superpower by 2050

2050? Oh ye of little faith.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Annointed posted:

Could someone help me find article on how Israel denies Aid from trucks to Gaza

I would also appreciate this. Someone earlier was saying 'gently caress Egypt for sending Palestine funeral materials instead of food or medicine' but I'm 99% sure the issue is that Israel decides what passes through and did that as a 'gently caress you' to both Egypt and Palestine.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

evilmiera posted:

Ah yes, the strategy of adding more and more evidence that the court has to consider before they can reach a verdict.

Asymptotically approaching a guilty verdict.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

lol so much poo poo happening in the middle east but the bad thread moves at an absolute crawl because you get probed for posting anything in there

skill issue

HazCat
May 4, 2009

fizziester posted:

Please condemn the Houthis. Why won't you condemn the Houthis?!?!

I condemn Ansar Allah.

Where's my sunk carrier, you cowards!?

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Poseidon wasn't an archer and had nothing to do with archery. If you're going to appropriate symbols to seem cooler at least use symbols that make sense! Stupid imperial idiots don't even know how to co-opt properly.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Lord of Pie posted:

Tired of tankies saying that you only target civilians? Just blow up your own tank column

Israel blowing up their own tanks in Gaza to show they could blow up their own tanks in Israel if they wanted to..

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

if someone bombed all my ambulances i would shoot at their rescue choppers but i guess thats kinda an israel move.

I hope Hamas capture a rescue helicopter, deliver the injured soldiers to a hospital (in Gaza) and then ____ ______ ____ ____ ________ ____ __ __________ _ ____

HazCat
May 4, 2009

fizziester posted:

Do you condemn the Houthis and 7 Oct while commending the music festival rave of peace and love?

Look, we all hate Israel here, so there's nothing really to discuss.

Now, let's spend dozens of pages arguing about how antisemitic the enemies of Israel definitely are, and how brutish and animalistic the Palestinians who resist Israel are, and how much sympathy we should have for the poor innocent Israelis who died on October 7th.

Also, if I can't argue with your logic I am going to unironically pull a calm Hitler on my strawman of you once you're safely withdrawn from the debate. This is the sign of a strong argument free of motivated logic.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

They should have planted an olive tree. A fragile symbol of peace trying to take hold and grow while surrounded by a ring of bullets lying uselessly in the dirt is a pretty good visual metaphor for the whole situation.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

DnD is debate club. You don't get punished for having abhorrent opinions, you get punished for using bad logic.

To succeed in DnD you need to have the mind of a deranged lepidopterist who prefers to pin down butterflies while they are still alive. You aren't having a reasonable conversation, you are using logic to precisely skewer your opponent while they squirm and mewl and try increasingly desperately to dodge your pins. If you're getting emotional about how bad their arguments are, that's a sign to step away because the only thing you should feel when looking at their arguments is dispassionate interest in where next to apply the pain.

You know you've won when they resort to ad hominems, or when they appeal to the mods to save them from your attacks, or when they fall silent. If you go into DnD and accuse someone of being a monster, in their eyes that means they're winning.

To be clear, I'm not saying it's a good thing that DnD exists on SA or that people with abhorrent views should be sheltered anywhere on SA. I'm saying it's actually trivially easy to post in DnD (and to post incredibly aggressively and derisively) without getting banned, as long as you actually understand what DnD is.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

hamas ftw posted:

unless you post something too pro-palestine then its a bad faith whataboutism

Go read my posts in the DnD thread and tell me they were insufficiently pro-Palestine.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Weka posted:

God please help the Russians supply the Houthis

:pray:

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Mr. Sharps posted:

wait they sent a bunch of troops there? why?? did they need them as examples of genocidaires???

They were probably still hoping they'd get to present their propaganda about what happened on October 7th. Get a bunch of soldiers to cry on the stand about how traumatic it was for them to have to murder a bunch of people.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Imagine walking into CSPAM and conflating 'doing time' with 'being guilty'.

How embarrassing.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I bet they get a slap on the wrist and quietly told good job.

If a smart politician existed in Israel, they'd throw the book at these guys just so they have something to present in their report to SA in a month.

So, of course, you're absolutely correct.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Give hamas a nuke

Many people are saying this.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

imagine being israeli then thinking you have any leg to stand on to complain about other peoples food

HazCat
May 4, 2009

PhilippAchtel posted:

They invented shawarma so their cuisine can't be that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Personally I'm fine with admitting that X country is poo poo on [progressive topic], because I believe political instability and war are the two things that most hinder social progress, so admitting that country X is poo poo about Y doesn't in any way conflict with my anti-imperialist anti-war beliefs.

If you want to point the finger over why [country] isn't kind to [social minority], point your finger at whoever is destabilizing their government and forcing their citizens to endure the ongoing traumas of poverty and war.

Spoiler: if it's not the US, it was probably France or England

Every time a lovely white man tells me the scary brown men hate me for being a woman, I go look up what the scary brown feminists are trying to accomplish against a backdrop of terror and poverty imposed by those lovely white men.

Here are are some relevant songs by Palestinian band DAM.