Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lid posted:

I'm near 13 years on a website that's slogan is the internet makes you stupid.

impressive given you’re like, 12.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Why does the ASX blindly follow the DOW?

why does anyone do anything?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Why does the ASX blindly follow the DOW?

If you wanted a real answer to this The Graun has you covered. The reasons are the same worldwide.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/gmpworld/status/960808942229073921

:wow:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Inescapable Duck posted:

LOL if you're not proud scum.

##vote Inescapable Duck

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
pro: greg jericho

con: van evilelmo

pro: first dog

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

The guardian is a pseudo intellectual wet liberal wankfest gently caress anyone who writes or reads it

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The Guardian is the home of hilarious Australian Political Cartoon "First Dog on the Moon"

con: squires

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

They all think Swann is a silly clown.

Swan is a bit of a dope.

I don’t think Bowen and Shorten are as neolib as they used to be. K “Economic Conservative” Rudd came to power promising to play nice with the right and Gillard seemed to operate with this in mind too. Obviously they were gravely mistaken.

The ones who are still there understand this which is how you get policies like the CGT/negative gearing reform.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/tonyhwindsor/status/961544498747551744

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

" ABC apology to Kevin Rudd posted:

On January 31, 2018, ABC News reported on a document prepared in April 2009 for the Strategic Priorities and Budget Committee (SPBC) warning of critical risks in the roll-out of the Energy Efficient Homes Package.

In reporting on that document, the ABC did not intend to suggest that Mr Rudd recklessly ignored critical risks of the home insulation scheme before the deaths of four young installers, or that he lied to the royal commission that examined those deaths.

The ABC accepts that, as found by the royal commission, Mr Rudd was not warned of, and was not aware of critical safety risks at the time.

The royal commission made no adverse findings against Mr Rudd and there is no suggestion that Mr Rudd lied to the commission.

The ABC unreservedly apologises to Mr Rudd for any harm or embarrassment caused.

Mess with the best, die like the Grech :clint:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
while this lasts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

What about the at least two others?

Gina Rinehart looks like two, but is only one

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
how long until the next cate mcgregor article saying everything is fine, the LNP have better policies and will win

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Amethyst posted:

Hmmm why did the guy who held his seat by double digit margins for decades and maintained a high profile throughout become leader? Truly a mystery for the party room to ponder.

This would be a mystery because he’s only held New England since 2013.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
next there’ll be a frame “I’ve climbed mount druitt”

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
a handsome young cyborg named Ace
wooed women at every base
but once ladies glanced at
his special enhancement
beetroot should gently caress off in disgrace

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
gently caress him up. drag his rear end.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Amethyst posted:

Has anyone else noticed that politicians are dishonest and their proposed 'solutions' are a smokescreen?

-/-

Remember the editorial I published in here four threads ago that nobody quoted or remarked upon about how Malfart Turdbull (lol) doesn't know what he's doing? Well looks like i'm right. Don't click, arsetralian: https://theaustralian.com/malcom_turnbull_announces_his_incompetence

-/-

In other hosed up racist Shitstain news, Andrew Bolt said something stupid

somehow this is still better than anything hobo erotica has ever posted

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MysticalMachineGun posted:

So... do you think this could mean the end of the Coalition? We've had the leader of the Libs say the leader of the Nats should step down, and the leader of the Nats is now saying "go gently caress yourself"...

Turnbull will back down because he’s invertebrate.

Gridlocked posted:

Also on the subject of News Breakfast someone else please tell me they think Georgie is the cutest.

No. (It’s Nate.)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
georgie is qlder scum hth

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the sauce is already inside the pie you lackwits

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

iajanus posted:

I'm eating a pie so clearly in interested in good healthy choices

not hsp voting 1

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
whom is getting spilled though?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Dimebag posted:

No-one currently just talking through how quick it could be done if motivated.

yeah I was thinking it over and it’s almost as likely that MT gets spilled before the Beetrooter

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
first dog:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
you can set off losses against future profit so if you made a loss of $100 last year and a profit of $150 this year you pay tax on $50

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Except you inflate the losses with licencing and interest paid on loans to your foreign holding company, and deflate the profit by booking as much revenue as possible through your Singaporean retail arm.

the licences are held in Ireland of course

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

An article in the ABC telling the RBA to lower interest rates so we are in a neutral position when the US stock market crashes again.

But Joe I don't think they can go any lower

interest rates need to rise to go back to neutral

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Dimebag posted:

I did wonder last week how Katherine Murphy was going to skew the polling results and welp it's a beauty. After arguing that Malcolm being ahead in Prefered PM was a sign of a strong start to 2018, this week she has just chosen not to include any mention of his 5 point fall in her article today.

quote:

While most of the Newspoll movements are within the survey’s margin of error, the controversy of the past fortnight has coincided with a five-point drop in Turnbull’s approval rating.

???

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Gridlocked posted:

What do they want? Them to swoop in and toss him in a watch house?

:thermidor:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
what if house prices relative to wages could fall without exorbitant interest rates fattening bank profits?

what if...

stop negative gearing? yass king! slay king!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I’m sick of Taco hoarding all the imgurcash. Time to get a bird.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

GoldStandardConure posted:

I loving wish I could monetize Taco but a whole bunch of crazy people have already beaten me to the "set up a patreon for my parrot so I can stream games or me watching a movie but also a bird"

Everyone in AusPol give me money.

parrot podcast

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/serkanthewriter/status/965446286643118081

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
pissth

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Well bringing asylum seekers on shore is split 50/50 but I bet I could convince a further 20% to leave them offshore with a nice tax break.

offshore banking units but refugees

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
nationalise the boats

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
they’re going to try beazley’s childcare centres in schools again maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike