Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I believe that is the first time I've seen Trump smile.

Un is playing him like a goddamn fiddle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Speaking of coal getting it's poo poo pushed in.

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2018/6/1/17416444/net-power-natural-gas-carbon-air-pollution-allam-cycle

If that's to be believed it's a new type of natural gas power plant with zero atmospheric carbon release, higher energy efficiency, lower initial capital outlay and smaller physical foot print. It's pretty wild.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
:shrug: If they were violent towards white people more often it might start being a problem in the minds of about a third of the country. Kinda like how the opiate crisis is a crisis now, but the drug war was a valiant struggle against the lesser people in society.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Republican hypocrisy Exhibit Number Who-The-gently caress-Knows-Anymore

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/senator-jeff-merkley-barred-brownsville-texas-detention-center-refugee-children-2018-06-04/

"I wanted to be able to visit the facility where apparently upwards of 1,000 children are being held in that massive building, a former Walmart, and the federal government, President Trump and team, Attorney General Sessions, Homeland Security, they do not want members of Congress or the public to know what's going on,"

But, you see, crypto-Kenyan stealth-communist Triple Hitler Obama and Jade Helm Walmart concentration camps #MAGA.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

sharknado slashfic posted:

The GOP is so good at messaging that if I didn't hate them so much I'd admire them. Just light years ahead of the Dems.

I don't give them credit for that so much as blame. The GOP were early adopters of being completely soulless billionaire-donor/corporate whores vomiting any talking points they were told to so they got the benefit of those billionaires funding a massive state propaganda machine in the right wing media.

Their ideas are poo poo, their policies are worse, their message is hateful and their talking points have devolved to "1500 kids ripped from families and going to foster homes or wherever isn't that bad and it's fake news anyway". They just have basically endless propaganda dollars to force the discourse onto their topics and into their framing by pure volume. Can't argue the results because we have a spiteful cheeto as president, I just don't give them credit for messaging when it's just more dollars not better messaging.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
If you need a pick-me-up, watch this CNN video clip wherein Raphael Cruz gives the world 18 blissful seconds by shutting his loving pie hole for once because he was asked if Trump has the constitutional authority to pardon himself.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Jokes on you they did a proper PMCS

Individually these words have meaning but in this order they make no sense. How do you 'properly' lay under a vehicle and sleep in an oil stain until release formation?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

Allies are basically finding out now that Trump has been consistent on trade since the 1980s and there's no amount of flattery that will make him stop from doing dumb poo poo on trade.

Gotta say though, going after allied countries and not going after China is sure a novel approach.

Have they considered making a sweetheart deal for Trump properties that gives him, personally, money directly into his bank account? Seems to be working for China, and since :matters: gently caress the rule of law.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Internet Wizard posted:

It's always funny when people complain about a lack of a salute from a civilian not wearing a uniform.

But Obama was presidenting while black. That's a pretty serious breach of protocol.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
loving blows my mind that Bolton is there. There are people who deserve being shot into the sun more than him, but not many, and he's in the halls of power in the country.

We are so hosed.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Nah, he's gonna shoot himself twice in the back of the head.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
IHOb was revealed, International House of Burgers marketing to push out past just breakfast.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Also, loving :lol: if you think voter roll purges won't be selectively enforced against "undesirables" and surgically microtargeted by one party against the other.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Deathy McDeath posted:

Watch the Qanon people go apeshit over this.

They go ape poo poo over the sky being above their heads and the existence of the alphabet. I don't put much stock in what they're freaking the gently caress out about beyond advance notice of what President Pissbaby is going to be hearing on Fox.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Look on the bright side*, we're going to be hearing about how awesome and bigly a deal Two Scoops made tonight for as long as Trump is alive. "Unamerican Obama's nuclear deal fell apart, I MAGA'd all over Little Rocket Man. Fake News Media won't give me a Nobel for it will they?"

*There is no bright side.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Fox is going to earn their paycheck today with all the spin and bullshit. Strong Daddy Trump gave Un more than he could have possibly dreamed and the bigly deal maker got a handshake and a photo op in return. Can't wait to find out how this was eleventeenth dimensional hyperchess I just can't understand as a stupid liberal and how it's going to make all true believers dicks three inches longer.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Trump gonna Trump because at this point he's a donkey brained broken shell that was devoid of humanity to begin with. I've given up expecting him to do anything except fling poo poo from his diaper and break things while demanding attention.

...but gently caress me sideways is this country ever broke-brained that half the voting base just goes along with it, gleefully explaining how the patterns splattered on the wall really should be interpreted as the post-modernist masterpieces they are and it's my fault I think the country smells like poo poo now.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Quick reminder: ICE is using literal Nazi techniques to separate mothers from their children.

That is all.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

mods change my name posted:

UH north korea is saying that trump agreed to lift sanctions on them lmfao

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...y-a8396251.html

It's almost like international diplomacy should be handled professionally so the other guy can't make up poo poo and force you to react to whatever they want to complicate things for the other side.

Nah gently caress that, gently caress them, and gently caress you. I'll poo poo my pants on the world stage because preparation is for pussies and I'm a bigly deal maker who knows more about everything and anything than anyone else within a minute of walking in the room.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

Since y'all love eating the rich, The Atlantic has a good piece on how private equity firms are destroying the retail industry in the US.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/07/toys-r-us-bankruptcy-private-equity/561758/

Specifically, this line right here:

Haha what a stupid loving law.

loving :lol:

quote:

Toys “R” Us was still paying interest on loans it got from KKR and Bain up until 2016, as well as millions a year in “advisory fees” for unspecified services rendered. According to one estimate, the money KKR and Bain partners earned from those fees more than covered the firms’ losses in the deal.

Private equity can stack the deck in other ways, too. Firms can direct businesses they own to buy other companies and then act as broker on the deals, reaping transaction fees.

Hey guys the free market is great, capitalism is awesome! Wait where's everyone going, why do we have an orange haired buffoon blaring angry tweets running the country?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Turning walmarts into concentration camps is so goddamn american.

But only after you flipped your poo poo and called for the assassination of the black guy claiming he was going to do it ANY DAY NOW JADE HELM SHEEPLE WAKE UP.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

loving :lol:

quote:

The filing came Friday as the president distanced himself from Cohen, telling reporters that he hasn't spoken to Cohen "in a long time."

"No, he's not my lawyer anymore, but I always liked Michael. And he's a good person," Trump said.

Why do I hear the beeping of a bus backing up?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So fake news is now reading what he tweeted two days ago?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Jesus gently caress, MAGA chuds are really some kind of god drat special. Watching people on my Facebook feed show them video after video of Trump and Sessions saying outright, "We are going to take these children away. This is what we are going to do. Us. We're doing it. The children taking. That's us. We are tough on borders, so we're doing this" and it's just a solid wall of "Nope, it's the Democrats. A bad thing is happening, it's their fault".

We're going to have to either deprogram a huge portion of our population from cult mentality or just overpower them and wait for them to die.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hey all, do you want another reminder that anything touched by the morally bankrupt shitheads in this administration is warped and perverted to cause pain and suffering? Of course you do!

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/6/18/17449150/family-separation-policy-immigration-dhs-orr-health-records-undocumented-kids

See, the simple banal evil of just tearing away, locking up then abandoning these kids doesn't have enough of that sweet, sweet bigotry. So instead the reports from social workers they get evaluated by that are supposed to help them have been turned into another weapon. It's been decided that, welp, you filthy illegals we won't let in legally don't get protections of the law so stuff like HIPAA doesn't apply. Anything that can be used in your case against you to make deportation more likely is fair game, so it's showing up in more and more cases against the kids.

Man it would sure be a shame if you've been recently traumatized by some kind of event like leaving everything you know, possibly dying yourself while probably seeing others die, got separated from your parents and are being interviewed by probably the first person not animated by hatred of your society and said something that could be used against you. Yes sir, real shame. What's that? You say you worked for the cartels because your choice was very literally do or see another family member die? Man you must be one of those MS13 murderers we hear so much about. Welp, back you go. I'm sure you'll make it back without being decapitated and dumped in a ditch.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm the fantastically tone deaf "families" defense of concentration camp guards.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'm usually a season behind on Handmaid's Tale and, umm, loving wow that might be a good thing at the moment. Apparently the latest episode goes into the emotional toll of a mother making the heart breaking choice to give up her child to a brutal, theocratic regime that quotes and warps scripture to give itself moral permission for its actions.

Too soon, reality. Too soon.

bird food bathtub fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 20, 2018

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Slim Pickens posted:

That's the season finale, and maybe you could spoiler that poo poo?

e: I guess you could be talking about the earlier episodes too, but still, I haven't watched the new episode yet

It was, but fair enough. Edited.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
That executive order is some serious 2018-in-a-nutshell poo poo. He just did the thing he lied about not being able to do, to cover his rear end for the bigotry he really wanted to do, and he did it in the shittiest possible way while setting it up for failure. When the inevitable end result of exactly what is being said is inevitable right this very moment happens, he'll say it happening is someone else's fault and claim to be the one being unfairly attacked.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
loving :lol: if anyone working age today expects to have a retirement outside of winning the lottery or being born rich. Boomers mortgaged the future of the country to have a wild economic party and now the bill is coming due.

What resources are people going to retire with, and what will they do it in? Home ownership is a cluster gently caress happening right now that's going to get really wild (again), student debt is a boat anchor around people's necks that's not going to get any better and the ACA's "bending the cost curve" of health care is beyond a joke.

Retirement. :laffo:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

Here's a funny article about the sad life of being a young Trump staffer in DC.

TLDR: nobody likes them.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/22/trump-millennial-supporters-washington-dc-218833

Poor little babies getting a teensy tiny taste of what real discrimination looks like. Maybe they'll be self-reflective enough to internalize this lesson and grow as people?

Yeah didn't think so either. gently caress enablers and collaborators.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
She-huck is a god drat bridge troll actively aiding in the effort to spread the brain spiders and propaganda of this shitfuck administration, causing untold damage that will take decades to fix if it doesn't push the country over into an irrecoverable tailspin.

mods change my name posted:

Nah, gently caress her

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
:decorum: is the rope that fascist elements of our political class will use to strangle us, and lovely centrist dems will hand it to them.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

boop the snoot posted:

The world is so hosed that if we survive this people in 50 years will think the onion was a 100% legitimate news site.

It's not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjonGtrCyVE

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nuclear War posted:

Does he think

Just gonna stop you right there.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So Two Scoops rhetoric is pretty obviously leaning towards "and we need to start arresting my opponents for national security reasons." Bets on whether he's coherent enough to make it a "joke" the first few times or if he's sundowning and just starts yelling it to whip his MAGA chud base into a frenzy?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Didn't OPEC and Russia just decide to up production anyhow? I seem to remember reading a headline about it in passing the past week or two.

Major difference there is you can and do read stuff voluntarily and above the fifth grade level. He's that God drat simple minded and easy to manipulate. "Yes Donnie boy you're such a big strong boy you made the bigliest deal, we'll do the thing we announced to the world weeks ago just for you and we'll do it today."

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
My personal favorite sign from the Baltimore protest:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

This is still to me the most utterly baffling thing about it all. I just do not remotely understand it. It breaks my god drat brain. At any loving point in the past half century+ if a presidential candidate had plead for foreign interference in general and russian interference in particular during a debate that would have been it. Then again, he also insulted a POW and escaped scot-free, even among his own "troop loving" base. Nothing makes a god drat lick of sense.

Reagan didn't call the brown people rapists infesting our country that need a final solution while hemming and hawing when asked about Nazis. He used the "politically correct" (Yes, I know) words that lead up to the uncut heroin of today's racism that they really wanted all along. The chuds never gave a flying gently caress about any of the other poo poo like his economic skull loving or stance on Russia beyond some incoherent stuff to yell about that "triggers the libs" by being so blatantly wrong and aggressively stupid.

It was always the racism.

Hope that makes things clearer for you.

• Locked thread