Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

heavy flo predicted for carolina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Disaster response better, worse, or on par with Puerto Rico?

they might get two rolls of paper towels limply chucked at them by el presidente

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

It's honestly bizarre that no one has called him an effeminate Nancy boy to his face yet

garrison goggles are real

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

schlonged again

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Bert Roberge posted:

Virginia Beach should be safe because Pat Robertson put up a shield of protection+1 vs. gay marriage.

looking forward to Virginia Beach getting blown all the way to west Hollywood

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Gum posted:

turns out the secret to surviving a hurricane is to do the stupidest loving thing you can think of

Hurricane survival hack: have a friend on standby ready to hold your beer

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Food Boner posted:

so like whats the game plan here lmao

blame it on the democrats

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Translation: turns to cat5 overnight

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

California is really gonna have step up to build the overpasses to shelter these folks.

infrastructure week, at last

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

orb hungers

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Al! posted:

you'd think "an area the size of west virginia is literally underwater" would be a big news story

how much of the midwest is going to need to be rendered uninhabitable for the mainstream media to notice

Warren Buffett's house would have to be underwater (it's probably not that far off)

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

They really don't like Tulsa do they?

only reason people stay in tulsa is you gotta pay to get out

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Agean90 posted:

did that one satanist group get that statue of baphomet put up

Arkansas keeps denying them so now we're gonna get all that flood water from Oklahoma in a day or two, owns

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Xaris posted:

a lot of puerto rico is without power and infrastructure still

but im sure the south will get billions of bucks bc they are white n racist
america is bad

too bad California is spending all their money on their own hellscape of natural disasters and probably can't foot the bill for ours

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Addamere posted:

Dayton, Ohio, formerly famous for ... uhhh ... wasn't there some actress who made noise about moving there to get away from Hollywood? :shrug:

They had a klan rally then got nailed by a tornado so I guess that makes Dayton ohios biggest trailer park

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

gently caress and I keep telling my wife I wanna go there before it submerged

well now you get to visit the Venice of the south

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Don't worry, all the coastal cities will be regional Venices soon!

Except Venice which will be Atlantis

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

Surely her majesty the queen will come to the aid of her subjects at any moment

Looking forward to the royal visit to alabama, maybe andrew and roy moore can trade notes

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

FIRENADO AGAIN?

Good thing Phoenix shouldn't exist

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Guess the rest of the country's gonna get that smoky flavor this weekend, cool cool

https://twitter.com/KATVToddYak/status/1304538416600748038

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Hurricane season going for the octuple tap on Lake Charles

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

SpudCat posted:

At what point do we see places like this just being abandoned permanently in the face of ever more frequent climate disasters

Oh what am I saying, we'll have people too poor or stupid to leave even as the seas rise and claim them

Never, people still live on Grand Isle and just put their houses up on taller stilts like the Jetsons.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

manly man hunter wants a buck with huge antlers he can mount on his wall but he can't find one. so he goes to a deer ranch and pays to be provided with one to shoot.

Yeah and all the hunting shows on tv are hunting at these places. I used to get a pretty good lol out of my chud cousins getting excited over some guy blasting Bambi off a pile of feed corn like it was a big accomplishment

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jet stream getting in on the smoke action

https://twitter.com/KATVToddYak/status/1305328941943738368

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Stereotype posted:

Yeah in Hawaii they just burn it. They use the aluminum (which is actually profitable to recycle) to coerce some company to also take the glass, since we don't have much landfill space here, but I assume the bury it in California somewhere.

Recycling has always pretty much been a scam.

Wouldn't doubt it if the poo poo they don't want gets dumped as soon as they hit international waters

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Maria Juana posted:

Sally made landfall this morning. Teddy keeps growing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NHC_Atlantic/status/1306126036304760832

it's headed for hyannis port for one last party at the kennedy compound

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

we're gonna get hurricane zeta and also maybe double zeta (but it's subtitles only)

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

T-Paine posted:

are there any pig poo poo lagoons in Louisiana? Looking forward to the noxious poison being spread by floodwaters if so

Most of the state is a gator poo poo lagoon

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sad Billionaire posted:

wasn't the decision to not mandate evacuation due to not being able to implement this in time?

probably not enough cops without the roni left in Louisiana to park on the interstate on ramps

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Koirhor posted:

Drive North you fools!

death is preferable to Shreveport

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

My youngest brother and his wife live in New Orleans and never evacuate for this poo poo but they had a big wedding in January in the middle of Covid Hell Original Flavor so basically they make really lovely life decisions regularly

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

NOAA says 16 feet storm surge and 24" rainfall . Hope these pumps are ready

narrator: the pumps were not ready

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

But yeah I'd be shocked if the Corps of Engineers has done much of anything improvements wise since Katrina because I worked for them back then and they were always paralyzed by the dumb government fiscal year funding mindset.

Beginning of the fiscal year: Oh gosh we better not spend all this money because we might need it later in the year
End of the fiscal year: Oh poo poo we better blow all this money in the next two weeks or we will lose funding next year *spends entire annual budget on office supplies*

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ricecult posted:

Well I know that, but I was interested in exactly how that failure happened.

the voters demanded it

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

HonorableTB posted:

I was going to say the ACOE is pretty great and that they can't make states fund maintenance or upkeep or new projects but then I remembered the Corps of Engineers built the new levee system around NOLA and it held strong, but it'll be useless in four years lol

the corps of engineers is funny in that they divide their districts up by river drainage instead of state lines, so you end up with poo poo like politicians fighting against funding projects in their own state because the district office is in another state and they don't want that state getting the money

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Shifty Nipples posted:

we just never fix anything do we (the US)

it's because no one clapped

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

There can be only one

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I was getting that poo poo last night except it was coming down sideways enough to hit the windows the whole time

Super hyped for apparently 2 more nights of it

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

gonna have to rename Iowa to John McAfee after this sesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Stereotype posted:

my favorite future tsunami is from the eventual catastrophic collapse of the island of hawaii, which would produce waves that are hundreds or thousands of feet high

if it takes out obama's stupid rear end mcmansion I'm all for it