Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

404notfound posted:

I just found out TWEWY won't let you use joycon and touch controls simultaneously. Wasn't that the whole point of the original?

This is bumming me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Also I preordered one of the Hori Zelda left Joy Cons w/ a real D-pad on Amazon forever ago, and it's apparently being released soon? No ship date yet. Wonder what's up.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Did the fix the door jump thing in MM11???

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Is this the new Switch version?
https://twitter.com/dyxlesci/status/1046533132801986560

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
They're adding a disk drive and making it WiiU and Wii and GC backwards compatible, handheld only tho :v:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Afro posted:

I got the Hori D-pad left joycon today

its real fuckin good

I heard some rumors about them drawing extra battery when the switch is asleep, can you report back?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Is Starlink poo poo going to get crazy expensive over time or will it get super cheap / liquidated in a year?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Here's my :nms: Starlink Review: a picture of Donald Trump's dick

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Risk of Rain is a blast, but only once you get the Command artifact and unlock some of the other classes, imo

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Mega64 posted:

BotW is perfect except there's no jiggle physics for Link's balls. 0/10 and I want to be boiled alive and consumed by the French.

They needed to save all the jiggle physics for Xenoblade 2.

No, seriously, I was using Vale recently (the goth gf blade) and there's like a 3 second delay between her last step and her last jiggle

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Astro7x posted:

I agree that it's a non problem... but I was done with this game when I finished the Championship Ballad. I unlocked the motorcycle and rode it around for 30 minutes, then I haven't touched the game since.

If they would let me start a new game on Master mode with the Master Cycle Zero unlocked from the start I'd probably sink another 100 hours in

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Man I've been binging TWEWY (handheld) for a couple weeks and now I have no idea what's going on w/ Switch news. I'm assuming Diablo 3 Handheld works well? Reviews seem to agree.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yessss. Thank you!!

Excellent

Also I've said this before but man it owns that this thread has a resident Kirby Loremaster

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Oh cool, I'm gonna finally play firewatch

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I liked Abzu a ton but mostly because the soundtrack was amazing.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Weedle posted:

Skyrim is a better game than XBC2 don’t @ me

I have 100+ hours of each on Switch. Both are good, to me specifically.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

DLC Inc posted:

Not sure if this is for real but The Last Story 2 could be coming

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2018/12/04/the-last-story-ii-switch/

This would be a hell of a deep cut to get a sequel for. Operation Rainfall lives on.

Holy poo poo yes

Astro7x posted:

https://twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1070044276476674048

yeah... I'd buy that for the third time. Why not?

HOLY poo poo YES

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
God's own console

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

AfroGunsou posted:

no you find crystals in the game and common or rare blades can come out of the crystals

They've data mined the gatcha system and even if you're someone who likes to keep some mystery behind the systems in games you play, it's probably worth googling the numbers and how to efficiently improve rare blade drop rates.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I have really fond memories of Symphonia from college and enjoyed the combat immensely, even if the story was 'pack as many JRPG clichés as possible into two discs'. How's Vesperia stack up?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

TheScott2K posted:

I want to see more of Untitled Goose Game

Exactly same

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

:cursed:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Looking through the press release it's more of a deck builder type of game.

Which is fine, I've played a few with board gaming friends, so I'm at least familiar with the genre.

Oh man this is extremely my jam, can't wait!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Steamworld Dig 2 had the most satisfying movement (through the world, not combat) of any metroidvania game I've ever played

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
The spin throw is doable without motion controls but certain hat throws (down from the air, up) are not

E: actually down looks possible using ground pound. Up and homing still require motion.

But Rocks Hurt Head fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 28, 2019

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Hey, so the NIS games are all on sale right now and besides the Disgaea games there's not a lot I recognize. Anything anyone would recommend? How's Labyrinth of Refrain if I like Etrian Odyssey? Is Happy Birthdays worth $30?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Wendell posted:

Fantasy Life was unbelievably good, in case anyone didn’t know.

God it was so good. :(

I had high hopes for Ever Oasis but it didn't grab me

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Finished up the Daemon X demo tonight and it was pretty fun. I luckily scavenged some decent tank-y armor from the third battle, which made the boss a little easier, but it still took a few tries.

One interesting thing was how drastically the lab upgrades change the physical appearance of your Outer. I wonder how much that is going to play into the plot.

I'm not sure if I'll pick it up on day one, but I'm seriously considering it.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
How many "officially canceled" 1st or even 2nd party Nintendo games could there even be?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This isn't so much poorly sourced as... not at all sourced.

https://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-nintendo-reviving-dead-and-buried-game-kingdom-hearts-switch-talk

quote:

Earlier in the week, Game Informer senior editor Imran Khan stopped by the Kinda Funny Games Daily show. Khan ended up sharing what sounds like a pretty interesting rumor regarding Nintendo reviving a “dead and buried” game.

He stated:

“Let me hint at something, I guess. This is a thing that I’m going to write up at some point as soon as I get some more sources on it. But there’s a game that’s thought to be dead that Nintendo’s reviving, and it’s not one that people would expect. It was very much a title that was dead and buried – very officially cancelled.”

Khan added that he’s “heard enough about this game that I’m almost sure it exists again.” Beyond that, what this game might be is a mystery.

A bit later on in the show, Khan also spoke about the possibility of Kingdom Hearts on Switch. Kingdom Hearts III is looking unlikely based on what he’s heard, but the HD re-releases might be more feasible.

Khan said, “Last I heard, there was a talk between Nintendo and Square Enix about what they could do with Kingdom Hearts III. It was deemed unfeasible to get Kingdom Hearts III on the Switch.” Although Switch supports Unreal Engine 4, the game is “very demanding” and “not necessarily you can put out without pairing it down a lot.” While he’s unsure if the remasters are “actively being worked on”, he believes “that’s probably where they settled on it.”

Thanks to Jake for the tip.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Circle Nine posted:

Remaster Snowboard Kids 1 & 2 and Wetrix for the Switch. Wetrix 99.

Tetrisphere 99

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Finished Deamon machina demo, it was good, though the game felt really slow for some reason

The boss throwing up its energy shield every 3 seconds was really annoying

I banged my head against that fight until I figured out where the weak points were. Once I blew off the laser, well

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

CharlestheHammer posted:

The weak points are the pylons on the side right? I didn’t know those destroyed the laser.

There are a set of weak points underneath the main body of the boss, and three along each side of the laser itself. The laser ones only pop out after it fires, for a short time until the boss jumps. If you destroy all six on each side of the laser, it pops off, and you can pick it up and fire it once back at the boss, in easily the coolest moment of the entire demo

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Kingtheninja posted:

Anyone play moonlighter? It's on sale and looks like a pretty cool mix of harvest moon and some other game I can't remember (rune factory?).

It looks like it's got a bit of Recettear and Fantasy Life in it too. It's been on my wish list but I would also like to hear some thread opinions.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

World of Final Fantasy is not a good game and its cuteness wont carry you as far as you think. The biggest issues with it is its actual story doesnt exist until you get the first credits roll in chapter 20 out of 21 and more isnt dolled out until you finish a huge list of dull sidequests and the game is abominably slow. You will be playing the entire game holding the fastforward button and it will still be agonizingly slow.

On top of this combat is dreadful, the entire stack mechanic is poorly thought out, and items are basically superior to magic for the entire game. Oh and leveling your monsters is, again, dreadfully slow and unsatisfying while somehow made massively more convoluted and difficult to understand than ever necessary and the pool of monsters is not very deep for iconic monsters you care about in FF but extremely deep for palette swaps of "generic wolf" and "generic bat"

Oh man, thank you for this post, Ive been hovering over the buy button on WoFF the whole time it's been on sale but never pulled the trigger and now I can safely forget about it.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Waffle! posted:

NESFlix updated early, with Kid Icarus and Star Tropics. I never played Tropics before.

Thw two SP games are Kirby's Adventure on hard mode with sound test unlocked, and Zelda 2 with maxed stats.

Are they giving you the letter code somehow for ST?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, that's messed up. I would have assumed at least they'd go 'Oh, btw, the frequency is 747', but... nothing? Wow.

Give us manuals, Nintendo! :argh:

EDIT: I wonder if they actually just changed the code so you don't need to input the number anymore, or put it somewhere in the game itself?

I looked it up and when it released on NES classic they attached a pic of the letter post-immersion to the last page of the online manual

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I just remembered, I made this for a photoshop thread way back in 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I don't understand why they provided digital online manuals for every game on the NES Classic (a system that wasn't even online!) and not for the NES Online service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
There is a Castlevania 2 romhack which cleared up the dialog and removed other bullshit and it makes the game actually playable.

Here's a link