Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Solkanar512 posted:

If you think last night wasn’t a win for the Democrats, you have unreasonable expectations. Nothing was going to be fixed over night and you never stop working. Take a break but it’s going to take a long time to make change last.

That being said, why aren’t we talking about increasing the size of the House to mitigate gerrymandering and the obvious issues with the Electoral College?

The Electoral College takes an amendment, I'm pretty sure, and I think House size is a full Code change, so the Senate has to pass it too.

But the real reason ranges from Democrats really believing they can win those seats anyway, to the actual building not being big enough.

But I'd be happy to be wrong, a bigger house would go a long way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Is he going to... Lock her up?

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Look on the bright side, after they LOCK HER UP she won't be able to act on any funny ideas about running for president again in 2020!

If anyone would pull a Traficant and run from jail it's Clinton.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

Trump thread veterans want to talk about two things, and only two things: the Muellering, and whether cats are better than dogs.

We can answer the second easily. Yes.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

guillotine everyone

This is the only solution.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

But then what happens when there's only one person left? Can you guillotine yourself, or should we start training animals to operate them?

I think it's just pulling a lock out, so you probably can do it yourself or train animals or robots!

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

Personally, I'm frantically typing up a GoFundMe for my new business training bald eagles to operate guillotines

Crows would learn faster and have the balls to actually do it!

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

In more serious posting, I don't think we're likely to see anyone other than Pelosi. It's a bit like how it was when Ryan got elected, no one is eager to be the new Boogeyman. I'd like to be wrong or see Pelosi be more like McConnell.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Nosfereefer posted:

This is seriously not getting enough attention compared to excusing a bunch of white 17y/o's seig heiling.

I mean what the hell is anybody of color supposed to do in ANY situation?

[e] It's like that video of that bloke being offed by the cops in that hotel after a game of simon says. But its the entire society, at all times.

We're supposed to assume the position and hope we don't get shot anyway.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Nosfereefer posted:

I know you are not joking :(

World is a gently caress.

Personally I've been very lucky with cops due to being light-skinned and having obvious middle class upbringing. But the problem is real, and at least extreme descalation of the militarization of police is necessary.

It's sad to me that it's a race problem because in a sane society we'd never want to see this happen to anyone.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I know it's inevitable that people who grew up in the first wave of Very Online people will become national political figures, but it still feels... weird. I'm not mentally ready for politicians who can speak fluidly about MMOs, Something Awful, etc.

The alternative are people who can afford to clean their online presence, aka the already rich and powerful.

I guess I'm saying vote for Goons.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

kidkissinger posted:

reforming the us government is the ultimate goon project

at least the wiki will get made

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

At least coup deta person spelt coup right.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

:allears:

Seriously, I'll take this future.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Your Taint posted:

I can imagine Trump berating a chair, or a particularly annoying desk.

Wake me up when he throws a chair Steve Ballmer style.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Stereotype posted:

When they go low we go high *hits enormous blunt* motherfuckers

This but unironically

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

It's loving tragic that she isn't eligible for the presidency because she was born in India. Unless both her parents were US citizens maybe? I dunno about that.

^ I posted a little bit in D&D during the 2012 campaign but didn't fully understand what was going on and was a terrible poster because I was still in high school.

Just checked Wikipedia, she naturalized so nope, not a natural born citizen. Though she's awesome and great and I'm so glad she's my rep.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Serfer posted:

Fiscal responsibility!!

The "The Aristocrats"of American politics.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

Paradololex.txt

The origin of 'Obamailure'?

Yep as far as I remember it. Wrap it up, pardolailures. Wrap it up forever. :unsmith:

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Noise Complaint posted:

So I’m new to the cable news poo poo. I just got Sirius for my long commute. What’s the deal with the morning show on MSNBC. This morning was like one long dogwhistle about how wrong and awful AOC is.

Welcome to corporate news. Think about it the next time someone complains about the left-wing media.

E: Also if I remember correctly Joe Scarborough is the host and while he's not a complete rear end in a top hat he's still a Republican.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

nachos posted:

First national debt now a wall, why do republicans love comparing everything to a loving household

Get ready for "if your house is too hot you just open a window and that's why you shouldn't be worried about global warming"

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Gort posted:

Not paying the army seems like a poor choice for a leader of a country

It feels really unlikely but a military coup feels so much more possible than it should be.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

Its just the coast guard not the other branches. Still bad but they aren't going to be storming the White Castle.

Ah. I didn't remember that. But yeah...

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

I personally think Harris had disqualified herself but let's be honest. America eats up lovely retributive programs like the truancy program. This won't impact her anymore than the super predators thing did Clinton.

You may hope better, but I think we're still too early in shifting people's minds about our justice system. Not that we shouldn't try, I'm just cynical about the electorate.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Brony Car posted:

That's what led me to second guess myself about Hillary Clinton versus Sanders in 2016. I'm done with trying to account for others at this point. Vote for the person who speaks to you the most.

SCHULTZ
SCHULTZ
SCHULTZ
SCHULTZ
SCHULTZ
SCHULTZ

I agree. But lol at Schultz

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

He actually has a pretty good reason for picking the canary as his logo

The canary is the exclamation point of 2020 calling it now.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

what the gently caress even are 'punitive damages' as some side thing. I thought that was the point of 'pain and suffering'? "You hosed me up and made my life worse, you have to pay"?

Ianal, but punitive damages means paying damages so you're punished, so you don't do it (again or in the first place). It's usually meant when the actual damages are small.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

CPColin posted:

The moral is always avoid serving on a jury.

Now, now if you can get on a jury without them realizing you know it, you can practice jury nullification!

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Your Taint posted:

Each time I've received a summons in the mail, the cases plead out before they went to trial.

Same. I just want 11 people to hate my guts because I think I'm Henry Fonda in 12 angry men.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

You forgot the Clinton's butter emails.

(which is a doomsday ritual/recipe where you make fried butter using clarified butter as the deepfrying oil)

Gimme Bernie's cannabutter recipes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Lycus posted:

Millennials are doing "kids these days".

We're in our thirties, that's just what happens