Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
there's gonna be gargoyles. gonna be hella gargoyles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That is not the direction I was expecting that to go :stare:

yeah that darkness really benefits from being in an animated movie about two dog friends. plague dogs owns

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

the sub has granny goku, the dub has noted serial harasser, homophobe, and pedophile vic migonia as broly

yeah we were looking at showtimes and saw that and my gf went from somewhat interested to "NOPE nope never seeing this"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What did the bad guy from Incredibles 2 even want? Kingpin from Spiderverse wanted his family back by any means possible, which had far-reaching consequences and tied-nicely into the theme of the film. The Screenslaver had a cool design I guess, but they were arguing against relying on superheroes in a world that hadn't any superheroes for 15 years.

they wanted you to think corporations are your friend and will help you through all your problems

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
dragon ball being an academy award nominated series would be incredible but there's no way that's happening

walk on girl should've been the anime nom

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Same.

Look, if you have to ask why people are excited to see Bo Peep back and doing stuff and has a cool new outfit then you're never going to understand it.

It's just one of those things you either got emotionally invested in as a little girl in the 90's or you didn't.

it's hard for me to look at Disney Pixar stuff these days without a healthy helping of cynicism but i do hope her role in the narrative doesn't take a backseat to Tim Allen and Tom Hanks

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
looking forward to seeing will smith's face grotesquely morph into jack nicholson's

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
yeah now the racism and immigration fear mongering are even more topical

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Bad news, Pixar's biggest and most public anime fan just got kicked out of the company.

i feel like lasseter is way more interested in telling people how good and real his friendship with miyazaki is than any actual film

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i thought dragon prince season 1 was aggressively mediocre, in terms of animation and writing (especially the terrible jokes), and the setting feels like a big generic step down compared to avatar

the deaf general and her sidekick are dope tho

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
walk on girl is radical

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I haven't watched Dragons 3, based on what people are saying here does the movie seriously end with the dragons being hidden away forever because humanity sucks because I feel like that goes against the entire point of at least the first one.

so it's continuing the trend set by the second movie

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

They mean that it’s flaws are unlikely to be caught by a child and thus more permissible than a movie aimed at older audiences.

It’s not bad for kids, just mediocre and still going to entertain it’s target.

i don't think you should lower your expectations for media just because it's geared toward kids. it's not like the average movie goer is much different

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

It's an effective concept because it immediately grounds the seemingly outlandish in a relatable setting and allows for plenty of easy jokes through contrasting the fantastical elements with the mundanity of professional work.

That said, the idea of a bureaucratised afterlife predates Coco by quite a bit. It's surprisingly common in mythology and has found its way into a number of films, the most famous probably being A Matter of Life and Death and Beetlejuice.

maybe it's just me but i find the portrayal of the mind as a mini-bureaucracy to be incredibly alienating

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Sonic throwing a ring to make a gateway portal thing is the most mario brothers movie possible.

giant rings have been portals since the first game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
hype for sonic

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
why weren't his arms blue in the first place

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Every male is terrible

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
love the ol' "she's bigger than me so it's impossible for me to abuse her" routine

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i had no idea toy story 4 was already coming out lmao

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
pepsi does taste better than coke

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Macaluso posted:

The sentience thing is weird cause like, Buzz didn't know he was a toy. But he still froze when being played with like he knew he was a toy. So you think okay maybe it's some kind of forced thing, but later they prove they can just show themselves being alive to humans no problem so freezing when being played with is a choice. So why did Buzz freeze when being played with???

fear

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I've heard a lot of conflicting reports about be prepared's status but the movie's going to be soulless and empty either way

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Its Coke posted:

Oh man. You don't know

hmm i think this is a dogwhistle

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
if only there were a way we could make a movie about lions without being restricted by the limitations of real lions

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ThermoPhysical posted:

Yeah...if he's not singing.

AV Club says the movie is uninspired and boring and places all of the blame on Jon Favreau himself and not Disney. I could see that? Iron Man was good but not THAT good and the less we talk about Iron Man 2 the better.

Anyway.

They also say that Timon and Pumba are the best from the movie, probably ad-libbed a lot.

I'm not surprised that the same man who directed a tepid uninspired jungle book is directing a tepid uninspired lion king but i also don't think it's fair to act like disney as a studio doesn't have final say over everything, especially considering how they treat directors

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
bond the book makes bond the movie look downright progressive

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

General Dog posted:

Were they not? It was a good movie and all, but still... that nudist colony scene was doing something for somebody.

that scene was good and also very on brand for disney

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I'm more surprised someone in this thread has cable

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Aces High posted:

You know I'd rather we just have another Homeward Bound at this point

you're gonna get a secret life of pets 3 and you're gonna like it!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Fartington Butts posted:

Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus was pretty amazing and has great animation with slight tweaks to the original style that work really well. It also goes hog wild.

And I would love to know just how many fart sounds per minute are in it.

a powerful post/username combo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i never knew people didn't like the hans twist until now, huh

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

The hans twist is really making me want to eat some kind of German pretzel.

i can only hope they're available at epcot

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

It's a show about toxic masculinity made before the term even existed, it's great. It also had a sort of reverse-Flanderization where as the show went on Johnny became less about getting girls and more just about being a vain idiot who gets into hijinks with his wacky friends and their proto-Family Guy guest stars.

huh i never knew seth macfarlane actually worked on johnny bravo. that's... weird but i can see it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I still have not heard Let It Go and I'm seeing how long I can avoid accidentally hearing it

at this point I'd be willing to bet you've heard parts of it and not realized what you were hearing

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i just saw frozen 2 and I don't think elsa's character made any sense and i also don't understand why kristoff was in the movie at all instead of just releasing the music video as a single

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
hey, spoilers!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
cats was more enjoyable than star wars and also featured the trolls 2 trailer. there's really no reason not to see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
2010: Tangled
2011: Rango (but I'll vouch for Pooh)
2012: ParaNorman
2013: The Tale of Princess Kaguya
2014: Song of the Sea
2015: Shaun the Sheep Movie (didn't really like much from this year tho)
2016: Trolls
2017: The Breadwinner
2018: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
2019: Klaus (wow this year)