Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

nothing changed

new year's is a SHAM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Al! posted:

don't get me wrong i love you but does that mean i have to poop hexagonally - utada hikaru, probably

oh, konnichiwa

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Al! posted:

phyllis and clifford know what's up

:hai:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Schnorkles posted:

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1080504337955196929

i'm pretty sure this all boils down to being really angry at the ending of Kingdom of Heaven or something similarly ludicrous
they act like they'd go back to the holy land and fight in the crusades v3.0, but they would totally stay in france and bone down on eva green

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

2DCAT posted:

DoD is already spiraling down fast without mattis. Expect stories of hilarity to come out in the near future

cool cool cool

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

Me, 30 minutes ago: "Man what a crazy morning, I need something to cheer me up. Time to open up trump twitter feed while taking a biiiiig drink of coffee....."
RIP your screen and keyboard

or phone or whatever

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

the rich were exempt from taxation. and lmao at open borders.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

wasn't carter the one who just dumped all his dirty laundry out in the open at the start of the campaign and was like "here it all is, so fuckin' what?"

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

FAUXTON posted:

It was a slow and drawn out process that was beyond gradual to the average person not among the various armies getting wrecked by Vandals and Goths (like literally dudes with stencils and spraypaint and dudes with blue hair, gas masks, and pants made of belts) or among the imperial elite who tended to get purged en masse when emperors got violently replaced. Or if you were rad enough to live in one of the various Years Of The ## Emperors where they were getting owned every few months. Still, news traveled slow and nobody had twitter.

Like it was 14 goddamn years from when they murdered julius caesar to the battle of actium, and then like another 3 years until octavian got back to rome and got handed absolute power by the senate.

the western half of the empire continued for nearly 200 years after the crisis of the 3rd century ended.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Calibanibal posted:

i wasnt given a name until i was 7 (on account of my sickly disposition), until that point i was referred to as Little Three

that sounds like a nuclear bomb test name

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Admiral Ray posted:

yeah and the eastern continued for another 1000 years, but don't tell them that
yes that whole list can be replaced by "the ottomans knocked down their walls" lmao

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

hmm yes what could go wrong

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

wizards just magic the poop and pee out of them like how they do with the teleporter in star trek
can you piss for weeks into one of those bags that are huge inside then dump it all out on that malfoy kid?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

sarah with that "just found out my brother killed the dog" look on her face

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

lmao when did the briefing start happening AFTER lunch? last time i saw it a few weeks ago it was at like noon followed by lunch a half-hour later

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Gravy Jones posted:

networks should air trump's shutdown speech or whatever and then give AOC equal time to call him a racist afterwards
democrat rebuttal to state of the union speech by AOC please

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

The Nastier Nate posted:

the STOU rebuttal is where poo poo politicians go to be shittier. It's too good for AOC. The dems will instead pluck one of the new empty suit dems to do it.
i don't remember them always being nobodies

aoc on all channels all the time

'eat the rich' becomes the new normal

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

lmao

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

campfire posted:

enjoy the novelty while it lasts for all 12 hours of content the game has to offer because it's not very replayable
yeah for $30 it really should have double the scenarios it has now.

playing it in a chilly house with the heat turned off is p. good though

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

That DICK! posted:

Chickada China, da Chinese Chicken

watchin' shark week with no lights on

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Louisgod posted:

god I hope at some point tomorrow Trump just starts talking about his electoral college victory and then loving LOCK HER UP

this is all i want

martial law and the end of the american experiment would just be icing on the cake

but not too much icing i do want to be able to taste the cake

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

never heard that slur, but apparently uses the made up phrase "Go O.K." that does not exist and can only appear as a slur when written as a crossword puzzle answer

burn down the NYT

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

battered wives blame their husbands for spousal abuse, but it takes two to tango

better "accede" to his demands next time, toots

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

A lot of the MIC contractors have requirements that their parts need to be sourced inside the country. Even down to stuff like nuts and bolts.

BUT a whole bunch of our high tech stuff relies on raw materials that aren't really present in the US. Rare earth elements, titanium, and even aluminum just aren't here.

The biggest impediment to actually doing that is that the whole MIC is a giant scam run by companies selling things that don't work, take decades to develop, and cost exorbitant amounts of money.
we could mine rare earth minerals here, but it's pointless when china and other countries with cheap labor and lax environmental policies are willing to flood the market with them

dunno about titanium, but yeah lmao at the aluminum tariffs. orange binch doesn't know that there's no great american aluminum industry being held back by other countries. we literally can't mine enough bauxite to meet demand and it's some pitiful amount of the world's total production

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

just want the tv networks to know that you can hire me to run the place for way less than you're paying now and still get the leadership of a complete idiot brained moron that you apparently so desperately crave

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

smarxist posted:

lol, cucked out of having the world's tallest building by terrorism

lmao

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

um if all the ice is melting then the oceans would be getting colder

checkmate, libs :smug:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

no seriously someone's been showing him scenes from the road warrior

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

univbee posted:

So how quickly could a shutdown be stopped/people be payed at this point, anyway? Are we a lock for this being the longest shutdown no matter what?

well the senate left town afaik and the east coast is going to get some snow this weekend. whether it’s going to be enough to impact travel or close the government is anyone’s guess

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Thoguh posted:

Uh, what noise do you make when you pee?

sounds kind of like a grown man crying

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Billzasilver posted:

someone send them communist propaganda about killing bosses

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1083812089356013568?s=21
randy "we care about the alien franchise so much that we're outsourcing the development of colonial marines to some sweatshop and using the publisher's money on our own IP" pitchford? say it ain't so!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Bert Roberge posted:

https://twitter.com/hellomag/status/1083715147779063808

I think he caught something from eating out Trump's rear end.

caught a case of the trmp and died

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

IDONTPOST posted:

feeling in my stomach saying this trump guy is up to no good
someone said he's president, but that's preposterous.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

trump spy so what

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Joementum posted:

thanks, i love it

this is violence

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

shiksa posted:

lmfao those things are guaranteed disgusting.

how much of this is completely inedible now that its been sitting for an hr at least? the pizza's probably fine but he probably got dominos (since papa johns fired papa)
mcd's, wendy's, and burger king must be eaten within 10 minutes if you're lucky. mcdonald's buns get stale within an hour.

trump could afford any catering outfit in the city and he feeds them trash food

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

one of the top 5 things that pisses me off about trump is that he has the money to ensure he can have good meals that aren't overloaded with calories and yet he willingly eats utter trash

like he's rich enough to have someone else count the calories and make his meals and he's still a fat sack full of garbage food

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

this probably wasnt even a trump idea, this was probably some devious gently caress like miller who realized it'd get this smug reaction from liberals, and now theyre going to immediately point to it as evidence that libs are classist condescending assholes who think if you eat at mcdonalds youre a dumb poor schlub, unlike their artisan 14 dollar burgers. and theyre not half wrong.
fast food is hella expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

calling it a tailgate is an insult to tailgates