Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

Belugas can also flex their melons to focus the sound waves while most cetaceans can't. They're talented!

weird flex, but okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Breetai posted:

I can't wait for the account to be closed and dril's main account to post a sticky "of course it was just me tweeting on an alt. You buffoons. You idiot bitch fuckers".

It couldn't possibly be dril tweeting cause the bot has a much higher hit to miss ratio.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Pretty optimistic about September.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

How can they know how old the shark is if they didn't cut it in half to count the rings?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

doverhog posted:

Why do entrepreneurs always fantasize about selling their company to Microsoft or some such? If you are such a business animal shouldn't you wanna keep owning your company that does something important and successful?

Selling your company turns the theoretical value the company has into actual, spendable money.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

EDIT: it's weird we don't have a theatre professionals thread in Creative Convention or some place on the forums. I've seen quite a few people in random threads over the years.

Without being a theater person myself, I'm guessing that's cause of Something Awful's age. I know that's a weird way of putting it, but most goons I've seen have a sort of old-school approach to the internet in that you put as little personal info up in public as possible. If the theater community is that small, having a dedicated thread for it seems like a decently good way of unintentionally doxxing yourself.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

If I remember right it's his nephews tweeting the poo poo he says.

I could've sworn that it was actually two media management guys, but most of the articles about it seemed to have gone missing, leaving only random tumblr and blog posts.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Cocaine Bear posted:

that's basically perfect French.

Cocaine Bear posted:

I'm from Canada

:thunk:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I assume the radios don't only come out after everything has gone to poo poo.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

He thinks civilization is going to fall. Just who is he going to be talking with on that radio?

Local goon confused why people would want the ability to communicate with others.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

That certainly is a normal response to the idea that art is supposed to be thought provoking.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Danaru posted:

Ah, but it's not a response, its merely a post OF a response. It's your interpretation of the post and the thoughts that it provokes that give it personal meaning.

The point was that no matter how perfect a representation of something is, it will never be the thing itself (which is a concept that a lot of people have actually thought about and discussed). Much like how your posting is perfectly representative of a pile of poo poo, it is still not literal poo poo.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Son of Rodney posted:

Let me blow your mind right now and tell you that people under the age of 20 barely know how a mechanic clock works. It's like asking why people don't use starboard and port while driving because a car technically has a prow and bow.

I use starboard and larboard tyvm

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Beartaco posted:

They ended the last Olympics with the prime minister of Japan coming out of a pipe dressed as Super Mario. This was the one Olympics I was looking forward to.

Of course they would cancel the Gamer Olympics.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Inceltown posted:

I think EasilyConfused was acting in bad faith there. Evidence of the 'mythical creature' won't ever be enough for the contrarian.

Nonsense! Wikipedia should always be cited as a primary source!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

D-Pad posted:

What? No. Shorting a stock is not illegal.

It is when you short 140% of the total supply of shares.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

lol look at all the olds in this thread who didn't grow up with blue's clues

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

imagine thinking any definition of a perfect body would exclude having an outstanding rear end

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

Is this just 'haha foreign words look like gibberish/a printing mistake' or is there something I'm missing

I don't understand Te Reo (te reo?), but my understanding from reading the body text that's displayed makes me think it's making fun of people complaining that the paper isn't exclusively in English. Like a headline that reads "Complaints about vulgarity in news instructed to gently caress off".

e:f,b

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Yoshi Wins posted:

Isn't one of the primary reasons for open offices that they save employers rent money, since they can cram more people in the same amount of space? Seems pretty typical of corporate short-sightedness to care more about that than the productivity of their employees.

I imagine another part of it is that it allows management to watch what everyone is doing, since you aren't hidden by a cubicle.

Edit: lol, I missed that multiple people already said this

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Loss as a meme may have started as a way of mocking an inappropriate and tonedeaf comic, but now it's just about recognizing the reference and being in on the joke imo. It's like getting rickrolled or seeing the among us crewmate.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

toanoradian posted:

Non-American here, what's the beef between Wyoming and Utah?

Also do each state has a stereotype of for the other 49 or are there some states nobody cares about?

There's no beef as far as I can tell. They're basically just saying that Wyoming is so rural, they have to hop on their horse and ride to another state just to voice their displeasure at the internet man who is making fun of them. I guess if you want a reason to dislike Utah, that's the state known for having a bunch of Mormons. And people generally don't care about the states in the middle of the country since most of the population is on the coasts, so those middle states are sometimes called flyover states. As in they exist for you to fly over them on your way to more important places.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

I watch all my NES content on YouTube and never even thought of podcasts? Suggestions for anything that isn't just obnoxious dweebs making bad jokes?

Honestly there are lots of special interest podcasts with a smaller scope that can be really interesting. The problem is the biggest podcasts mostly started when podcasting was new, so they're like you said: two dweebs show up every week with a page of headlines from last week that they riff off of for an hour and a half. I guess people really were desperate for parasocial relationships and yelling callbacks to early episodes at live shows.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Can we shut the gently caress up about superhero movies for one thread and laugh at the grifter who might actually have been stupid enough that he only just realized most of the world sees him as step one in the modern Neo-Nazi pipeline?

A bold gambit, but I think it'll work considering goons can't help but respond to reverse psychology.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Memento posted:

I remember a few years ago I searched for "(something something) extant", and it asked me "did you mean (something something) extinct?". The exact opposite of what I wanted? No, surprisingly enough, I did not mean that.

The number of times I've seen someone ask what the over/under is on something that either occurs or doesn't occur, instead of something that's numerically scored, makes me think a lot of times people don't actually know what they're saying.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Stan is short for stanatical fan and frankly I'm shocked that not everyone knows that.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

This is a youtube video of a snapchat story which is kind of a tweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br0bDZmNsW8

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

Why is nbc producing a slip n slide I thought they made tv shows

Do they expect people to watch strangers go on a slip n slide

Like as the whole show

I got a backyard and a hose I can experience this wonder for myself any time I want to

Yeah, but this way you can have explosive diarrhea somewhere that isn't your backyard.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Splicer posted:

I'd say the big difference is the nuts thing has jokes in it so it's funny independent of whether it's true or not. Take away the parent's annoyance from the other one and it's just a guy attaching a thing to a ceiling.
e: also

This, the bear guy's parents are just doing the usual "Oh my god how could you do this crazy and annoying thing while filming it!" while the dad's abject despair in the nuts thing is hilarious

Bear guy's mom is doing the annoyed thing, bear guy's dad is just super stoked he gets to wake up and see Boris first thing in the morning.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

maybe there's something topical about this I don't get, but isn't "this really is how it is huh" why the king of the hill joke was funny and good 20 years ago? 12 thousand likes for this?

KotH is a good show OP.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Dungeon Ecology posted:

tweet request: anyone have a link to that one where a girl is watching someone put different pegs into their corresponding holes, but each time the person just chooses the same hole, regardless of the shape of the peg? she becomes increasingly distraught.

This one?

https://twitter.com/sanjazakovska/status/1352557733787152389?s=19

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Emily Spinach posted:

Also it's my understanding that GPUs that have been used for mining are going to be trash for anything else because of how rough it is.

Iirc it depends on which crypto they're mining. Bitcoin was awful and murdered cards, but no one uses GPUs for Bitcoin anymore. Now GPUs are mostly used for mining Ethereum, for which you undervolt like subjunctive said. But also I am not an expert, so I could be misremembering.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

codo27 posted:

"content" basically translates to "poo poo"

I need to start using that now. "What a loving content I just had" "ugh had KFC for lunch now I gotta drop some content"

What's it like being on Medicare?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Jesus christ, y'all saw this bit on futurama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hou0lU8WMgo

and didn't realize it was a joke.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Son of Rodney posted:

Lmao i can't believe how anybody can give a poo poo about how a character who has 4 different voice bits is cast. "How dare they miscast Mario" Twitter is fuming, a guy who's most iconic quotes are "it's a me, Mario" and "wahoo".

God drat neeeerds

I figured it was more that Chris Pratt just kind of sucks.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

It's based on a short story and they apparently opted not to pull a Blade Runner or Total Recall and instead kept the title the same.

efb whatever

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Oh, I thought you meant pet rocks.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Columbo is copaganda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

Oh look, we have one of those idiots who think JFK existed. :rolleyes:

Oh great, another one of you kooks.

JFK absolutely existed you buffoon, it's Dallas that's made up. I mean, come on, elementary stuff.