Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Good morning/month UKMT.

April may be the cruellest month for us all but election chat in the previous thread has me fired up.

General Election Now. Let's bury the bastards

Edit oh poo poo it's April Fool's. Well IDGAF I meant what I said

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Apr 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Even though y'all are fake posting it's still making me cross, lol

The mandolin properly applied is pretty cool though

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

fridge corn posted:

I think your art is poo poo

rude

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Junior G-man posted:

Also, why didn't Tony learn his lesson from the last election; his predictions aren't worth poo poo.

He's completely bugfuck insane

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Weird if it's Ken Clarke who pulls all our asses out of the fire somehow

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

jabby posted:

If we end up with May's Brexit because the CUKs and the Lib Dems won't back anything else I hope they are never allowed to forget it.

There is a drat good chance they'll do this, because liberals are trash

Edit - I mean I'm not saying it'll probably happen, but if it does I won't be surprised at all

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

Also just thought of this but Tony Blair assuming that Boris Johnson could beat Corbyn takes on board a pretty big assumption that Boris Johnson would become leader. The man is out manoeuvred by basically anyone and the last time he threw his hat into the ring he got stabbed in the back so quickly that Theresa May managed to become Prime Minister by sheer virtue of everyone else imploding around her.

Donald Trump is POTUS. Never underestimate the ability of rich buffoons to fail upwards endlessly

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

spiderbot posted:

Is this basically making it possible to VONC the PM specifically, rather than the govt as a whole?

Looks like it

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

God tonight is going to be dramatic, and I'm going to be bummed when Labour rebels and/or the Lib Dems and the CUKs scupper our very last chance at preventing hell brexit

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Grey Hunter posted:

So,
CU2 passes, Mays government falls.
Mays deal passes. DUP break with Tories government falls.
Mays deal passes. May resigns. Tories destroy each other. Government falls.
No deal brexit. Government falls.
Somehow this poo poo keeps going until 2022. Government falls.

Too much to hope for

Too much...

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Plus ca loving change

We've only gone and hosed it

Again

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

There's gently caress all I or anyone reading this can do to stop this, and I really need to internalize that.

Yeah. For whatever reason tonight hasn't hit me too hard. Usually I freak the gently caress out. As is I'm just listening to synthwave and getting high.

Also watching that Nick Boles video. 'Oh Nick! Don't go...'

EDIT - 21 is the age at which you should start getting high. It's bad before you brain before then.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Wish I could get high but I'm away from heim so I'm just drinking and petting some dogs too hard

Sorry bud. I don't have any dogs here so I guess we're even, and could possibly both benefit from some sort of economic or cultural exchange

EDIT But no, Brexit means Brexit

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

^^^^ excellent

Elliptical Dick posted:

Evidently

Pre-emptive :thejoke:

Hey ohhhh

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Coohoolin posted:

I guess if I get exiled to Switzerland at least the food will be good

But gently caress sakes, I've been studiously avoiding getting worked up about anything or actively worrying about my future just to preserve my mental health, and today I started to actually care, and now ehhhh

What happens next, can someone reassure me?

I can't believe it's me trying to assure you and frankly I'm not sure I even believe this myself, but I think the reason I'm not too worked up about this is it's just another in a series of pummellings parliament is going to have to take to get its poo poo together. It was inevitable this would happen repeatedly is what I'm saying

But it's also very very possible we'll just trip over No-Deal in eleven short days

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Gunder posted:

Do Labour really have to be held to a manifesto that they campaigned on and then LOST? I thought that was something you held a government to, not the opposition.

No, Labour Bad

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

labour hq instituting a hostile environment against their most shote mps is good, but also leads to them either actively sabotaging the party or becoming petulant shits about it - hoey could well become nega-corbyn, sitting like a tick on her constituency for decades yet

Like they're not doing that already

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jose posted:

if we no deal because of the lib dems and cucks i hope they get tarred and feathered

It'll be Jeremy Corbyn's fault

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Hahah they're going to love her for that

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Lookit this nerd who thinks the nation state is a legitimate institution to begin with.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Oh gently caress yes, hahaha

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

Doesn't this let May go back to holding parliament hostage until they vote for her deal?

Seems that way yeah

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Miwwwwwkkkkk

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Extinction Rebellion are doing some drat fine work, and I wish I had even a fraction of their conviction and sheer ballsiness

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Everyone involved in this from top to bottom should be sacked and blackballed. loving outrageous

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

You don't have to personally stan for people who are occasionally good, OP, or get personally flustered when we tell you they're actually mostly shite.

They're not your dad (or are they?!?), you don't need to defend them, you don't need to have any personal stakes in them.

Chill

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Nuclear Spoon posted:

actually if your dad's a prick you don't need to defend him either

e: signed, someone with a prick dad who would get absolutely raked if he ever posted his opinions outside of telegraph comments

Yeah fair point and ditto

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Firos posted:

There was one about S Club 7 too that I think has since been changed. Long lost to these ancient forums but forever in our hearts.

Nah that's baka, I think?

Or twisto

E hyber beaten

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I really don't want to accept Loafer's really gone until there's ironclad confirmation. That's probably an unhelpful attitude to take but it's one more thing I'd rather not have to deal with right now :smith:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Ratjaculation posted:

I'm concerned about how many people think a 'free trade' deal won't cost anything lol

Thats... uhhhh... not what the 'free' means lol

Traitorous Remoaner Talk

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

The FT is "left-wing" in the sense that it doesn't just uncritically repeat the same right-wing rhetoric that the other papers do.

It exists for the purposes of capitalism so of course it's not actually left-wing but as has been said before in this thread it is actually one of the better sources for unbiased (or less biased) reporting of the facts because people need accurate information (and not just right-wing propaganda) in order to make shrewd financial decisions.

But yeah if you're a right-wing cretin who takes what the press at large say at face value then I could see how you would view the FT as left-wing.

Apropos of nothing I love how this thread has radicalised you into a fire breathing leftist

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

big scary monsters posted:

Not trying to set you up for a gotcha (and I don't wish to ignore the rest of your post, I just don't have time to go through it properly right now), but if you feel vaguely on the left but are having to tactically vote Labour who would you ideally prefer to be voting for?

I wager fifteen quatloos the Lib Dems

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Listen to Thread Ambassador Baka Kaba, Bundy, he's got the right of it

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Too late shitbirds, your party is terminal

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

to be clear, the costings were excellent politics because the british public is very ill-informed, but one does hope that labour doesn't actually think the way they presented that stuff

Yeah it was a purely theatrical move but a really shrewd one, and until they're in power they should repeat the trick

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/apr/07/andrea-leadsom-no-deal-brexit-next-week-would-not-be-so-grim

You're a politician, not a social economist or any other profession that monitors these sorts of things for that matter, so please shut the gently caress up.

Leadsom is the epitome of upper middle class vaguely psychotic busybody As A Mother-y, and as such knows everything in existence a priori

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

JFairfax posted:

im the shaky camera

Seriously. Camera person got the DTs? Amateur hour poo poo, just get a tripod, ffs

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

DesperateDan posted:

It's a shame cause I didn't mind some of his science outreach stuff (even if he did sound like a muppet on a heroic mdma dose) and it tainted it.

https://youtu.be/MxEgHrGLNfo

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

It really does seem like we have always been at war with europe at this point.

It's hard to remember the before times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

coffeetable posted:

peston now chatting seriously about revocation, which is a first

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1115170767602364416

He seems to base this on the assumption that May ever means what she says or that there is any sort of logic to her decisions