Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

T-man posted:

lol no

---

Can I get some podcast app/platform recs? I need something that can do web and Android, bonus points for a lightweight app as my phone costs $10 to buy. PlayerFM is what I use, but it's been really buggy lately.

i use pocket casts. it's on ios and android and i think it might be free now? it also lets you play over a web interface. very needs suiting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Victory Position posted:

crap, all crap

bring on the real poo poo, bring on VALIS

gently caress yes, i have a genuine need to see how someone puts VALIS onscreen (and then bankrupts the studio). have nicolas winding refn do it. or terry gilliam!

the milk machine has issued a correction as of 17:56 on Apr 22, 2020

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i know this thread isn't actually about podcasts but holy gently caress stav is a king on chapo, more stavcasts all the time

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i think what i'm saying is that stav should run for president but only in the election cycle just before he's actually eligible

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Fame Douglas posted:

It's a shame you never think before hitting that "submit reply" button.

what's been good on pod save lately, have there been any good guests or w/e

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Fame Douglas posted:

You could listen to the Kamala episode to learn why she's a great choice.

is she a guest or do they just talk about her?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Fame Douglas posted:

They talk about her nomination.

that's cool. what do the different hosts think about her? do you agree with them?

wonderin' about podscast ova heah

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if it sounded interesting i might, but no one in the podcast thread wants to talk about the podcast :\

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i just like to discuss and read about podscast itt and appreciate other posters posting about the 'casts so i know which are the good ones for me to hear

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Xaris posted:

trueanon and cum town are the best pods. just need a cumanon crossover and then we can abolish podcasts

i agree with this post

littleorv posted:

Giving a very strong "come on man" to the mod rn

this one too :twisted:

the milk machine has issued a correction as of 23:45 on Aug 20, 2020

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
thanks to all for recommending e1 episodes, I like the people and have wanted to give the show a fair shot but jumping in cold is hard :/

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Doc Hawkins posted:

if you don't love to suffer why are you even on this site

is there a way to make this the title for the whole forums

e: i'll make the wiki and send the link to jeffrey

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

drat sarah huckabee sanders looks like poo poo

lmao

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

ur in my world now posted:

chris coons being on cum town would be nick introducing him followed by 2 hours of stav laughing at his name and everyone on twitter getting mad at adam because nick said a slur

yeah agreed it would eb extremely good

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Halloween Jack posted:

There is something I find extremely creepy about the way some people talk about wine. The weird babytalk that just frankly admits they have a childish obsession with it, the corny wine-themed decorations, the way that if their social events will include drinking wine, they never fail to mention that mundane fact.

For example, I once got an unsolicited email from a local resident. They proposed that our department should create a "summer class" that would just be a bunch of rich people painting outdoors at wineries. And in the evening, they would stay at the local resort, which would do "catered dinners with wine." It was an outpouring of pure solipsism, but that "...and wine" at the end still haunts me.

have you not met many people that drink alcohol

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

my brain is so broken i thought everyone was mad at yung chomsky for being a lib until this post

i was thinking he's a pretty weird vguest for virgil's serious talk hour or w/e it's called

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Honest Thief posted:

irt covid19, what will happen when a vaccine comes and people refuse to take it, not like either administration will make a mandate for vaccines

probably a lot of people will get sick and die op!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

it would actually be extremely funny if, after joe dies from his brain evaporating, a Harris administration mandated covid vaccines under threat of jail time, and then it turned out that the half-baked rushed vaccine actually did give you adult onset autism or something

world population force feminized by momala harris's bimboization gas

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
where the gently caress is hillary clinton's podcast???

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

oh gently caress oh gently caress im gonna cum

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

a Loving Dog posted:

i think that rss feed i linked earlier has the patreons of bad faith so at least no one in this thread has to give him any money if they want to hear it

it does, ty for linking it's a good feed (i will never listen to the serious virgilcast)

drat this snipe sucks

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i like virgil on chapo but in october 2020 i'm just not interested in feeding myself serious politics from the chatty friends on the computer machine, there's too much of that stuff in the not-podcast realm

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

gradenko_2000 posted:

Choad Noncesky

lmao

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Danger posted:

twitter takes will not doom or save the left. podcasts will not doom or save the left. this is the same “cancel cumtown” type dance.

actually if you'll consult this comprehensive spreadsheet i've created you'll agree that podcasts and the left are one and the same

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Danger posted:

why the hell is it podcasts that get people to lose their mind? is it because so many people pretend they are all friends or something?

a lot of people with their identity tied up in being "leftist" get a specific strain of brain worms where they can't focus on anything other than how other peple are doing leftism wrong

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Declan MacManus posted:

i tried listening to trueanon once and couldn’t get past the opening banter (it was an episode where brace went on a long tangent about eating a really big pizza in st louis) and that turned me off but i listened to the assange episode today and it was really good! what are other essential episodes i should listen to

the one about the dnc ratfucking is really good, the recent ones on peter thiel are good too imo

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Taintrunner posted:

The Renner Files: the true crime podcast about the rise and fall of Jeremy Renner's vanity smartphone app, has been out for a while, and it's legit loving incredible

this is 100% my kind of poo poo, ty for mentioning op :hf:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

god drat he's good

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

docbeard posted:

Speaking as neither a Marxist nor a materialist:

[EURYDICE]
Orpheus, my heart is yours
Always was, and will be
It's my gut I can’t ignore
Orpheus, I'm hungry

Oh, my heart it aches to stay
But the flesh will have its way
Oh, the way is dark and long
I'm already gone

I’m gone

[FATES]
Go ahead and lay the blame
Talk of virtue
Talk of sin

Wouldn't you have done the same
In her shoes
In her skin?

You can have your principles when you've got a belly full
But hunger has a way with you
There's no telling what you're gonna do when the chips are down
Now that the chips are down
What you gonna do when the chips are down?
Now that the chips are down

this post didn't get any love and that's just a big crying shame, cmon thread get it together

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Majorian posted:

I've heard that musical is really good. I'll give the soundtrack a listen.

i haven't seen it but the music owns imo!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

AnimeIsTrash posted:

bust rodd is honestly a cumtown treasure

In Rodd We Bust

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Wizard Master posted:

I'm glad she still has time for the boys after her recent role in Squid Games on Netflix

lmao

e: Wizard Master

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Smythe posted:

bull durham owns. baseball movies in general own.

the natural freakin owns

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
somebody could make a cool vampire movie about sammy sosa. maybe set it in the underworld universe, idk

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i still get unreasonably mad anytime i think about the "what do you want us to do, send tests to every american or something?!" thing

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Mr Hootington posted:

People should be buying Hellmans because it is the best mayo on the market. Plus their gin is cheap.

this is Duke’s erasure and I for one will not stand for it

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Smythe posted:

sure lets go to pittsburgh so we can have our car tires stolen by tori cmos. lmfao. yea lets enjoy the depressin clouds and rain all the time. oh look its the pirates wow. here i am walking to work and getting mugged by fat drunk yinzers. oh wow im going to walk to the store oh too bad citizen tayne tear gassed me and peppered my nutsack with rubber bullets. seems good.

smythe what do you think about washington dc our nation's capital?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i want to hear more of stav's thoughts about basic movie plots like forrest gump

i would absolutely listen to a podcast that's stav by himself just trying to do a basic recap of a movie he watched the night before

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Crust Bodd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Bust Rodd posted:

I shower every goddam day but washing your hair every single day is loving insane and you will not be gaslighting me into thinking otherwise! next you’ll be telling me you don’t brush your teeth in the shower!

im just pickin on ya busty, it’s just too tempting to rhyme things with your user login name