Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

mdxi posted:

I've always been a tiny bit sad that the Gigantic Flock of Canadian Geese wasn't followed by a Flock of Gigantic Canadian Geese, which, in my heart of hearts, would be followed by a Gigantic Flock of Gigantic Canadian Geese.

excellent post/gangtag combo

e: :honk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

KazigluBey posted:

For comparison's sake, and I'm not saying this is what NGU needs to do, this is what WAMI does: It saves a value equal to the time you've been offline, up to a cap. That cap is, by default, 12 hours. It can be doubled via an XP item permanently. There are other ways to boost it a bit further as well, I think. Anyway, when you come back online you can "toggle" it to speed up the overall tick rate of WAI's own adventure mode, like everything is sped up quite a bit. This chews through your banked time at the rate the actual tick speed has been boosted to. Right now I chew through my 12 hour bank in what feels like a couple of hours tops.

I tried Wizard and Minion Idle and the ui is really unattractive and there's all these things that look like they should do something when you click them but nothing happens. What gives????

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Shadowstar posted:

I picked the IOU assuming it's something new feature related, maybe the new heart for free?

i doubt it's going to be "10000 AP now, or 200000 AP later"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

if you're going to repeatedly use the fake word from a scifi novel, at least learn to spell it correctly

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Jabor posted:

You wrote like 1500 words defending your chosen game's honour, but you think it's other people who are being weird about it?

to be fair, 2 of them weren't words

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

pixaal posted:

You might not want to use mana at all with cards, I think Magic has that trade marked and aggressively defends it.

Call in monna or something else that is said almost the same.

hearthstone uses mana

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Thanks for this idea cause Sharting Goose of Misery absolutely slayed me and I am absolutely not reading anything else on the list now cause it's all downhill from there.

The Pure, Confident, Happy Baboon is someone we can all aspire to be

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I've unlocked Exile I can beat him on easy, I'm able to idle JRPGland, I've got wishes unlocked and have done a lot of them. My entire first page of Fruit is complete, I've got dual wielding unlocked. But I'm only at "sextillion" Power/Toughness. I need about two more orders of magnitude of adventure stats. What's the next jump I can go for? I might be able to beat godmother on Brutal, but her stuff doesn't seem to give that big a jump compared to JRPGland.

My NGU's are basically maxed (all in the tens of millions of levels) and most of my hacks are in the ~5k levels.
What am I missing?

I've got 1.5 Quintillion EM and around 30Trillion R3.

if you can beat exile on normal you should be able to autokill grandma on brutal, or very close to it.

i'm about where you are, or maybe a week-ish past it. grandma 4 on autokill and the wings maxed, jrpgset maxed, exile 1 on manual idle kill and gear half-maxed.

i don't know what all these illion numbers are though, p/t at 6/3e22 before beastmode, and looks like i didn't spend as much on butt as you did since my ngus are mostly in the e8 but hacks are around 900-1500.

i'm just pumping ngus/hacks/wishes, getting my exile kills in when i'm at my computer, and waiting for the new feature.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

can't copyright rule mechanics, only assets and game terms.

I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure you can patent game mechanics, though those expire after 20(?) years.

WOTC had a patent on various aspects of MTG but that's gone now.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Dragonatrix posted:

I am not colour blind, and I still find it hard to read Meh, Okay, Good or Decent in that example. It's just a really bad colour choice on the cards themselves, I think?

same and same

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Klungar posted:

You can BB all your Sadistic NGUs?

and have all your wishes at max speed?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

pixaal posted:

The only people paying that are filthy billionaires that are going to get the guillotine anyway, you don't want to take money from stupid billionaires?

hahaha you say that as though it isn't addiction and other mental health issues that make people go into debt over this poo poo.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Dragonatrix posted:

shs' new idle is pretty cool and kinda reminds me of Trimps in a way. It's unfortunate then that it's inexplicably super resource intensive (on my end at least) and has this awful lag when trying to do anything. Not like processing lag, but actual delay keeping up with wherever my mouse is and then it takes a little bit to register inputs as well. Since no one else has mentioned this, it might just be me though.

Yeah I feel like it takes forever to register each click

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The Fool posted:

this isn't an issue for me, running on chrome in windows 10

Like by "forever" it's less than one second but still way too long, chrome on win 7

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

shs posted:

I created an Android beta test version for Return of Hero. I've never used Android's beta stuff before. I think you just click on the link and eventually it'll give you the game. If someone wanted to try it on iOS, I could probably set up a test flight without too much effort, but I'd need your email.

If you played the web version and created a cloud save account, you should be able to move between platforms without issue. If you played the web version and had issues, maybe try the Android version instead, either with a device or an emulator. The engine I use (Unity) is actually designed for mobile games, while the web export is mostly an afterthought. It should perform better. Probably.

I clicked the link and it said app not available

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

it's the regular discord but there's a secret goon channel

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I will not be playing because they can't be trusted to not just dump out of the game again.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Meinberg posted:

Synergism really is a lot of fun. I’m just about at the end of the current content now, but I’m looking forward to the next patch which, surely, is any day now.

yeah same, i'm down to the last 4 rune researches plus the one that's not actually implemented and waiting for more stuff

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Kin posted:

Sigh, i sat on a long 11 day run grinding out the greasy nerd (v2) for his gear. All the time dumping points into advanced training to boost my adventure stats but continually wondering why i wasn't moving up past ITOPOD level 547.

Turns out i didn't realise that i need to let it climb past my previous maximum first and i only just noticed that after i rebirthed to do the no rebirth challenge.

I probably could have breached level 700 with my stats instead of slowly plinking away at upgrading the gear with 1000 boosts like i have been :/

I most recently did this at itopod 1240 and I'll do it again in the future

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Eldercain posted:

this

anytime you need more adventure stats until you get to sadistic, it's ngu + AT

what about after Sadistic? I just finished the Back to School set and now what do i do?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Eldercain posted:

I've been dumping exp into adventure stats a lot. once you hit EM cap cap is the best way to get gear, and the later gear has lots of wish/hack/r3 on it when exp gain crawls compared to r3 costs. doesn't help that pill is useless either

most of my base stats are bought now

what are the EM caps, and are they applied to the base number or the modified? also don't say it in "quinjillions" or whatever, please tell me the actual numerals

for reference, i'm at 4,560,010,000,000 base and 1,888,473,607,220,080,896 E and slightly less M

Shadowstar posted:

Cry. Wait. Cry some more.

ok on it

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yeah this is basically how I feel too, I picked Water thinking it'd be idle but dear god the generator crap sucks and the terrarium is busted good but I can't figure out how to make it work properly (by which I mean, my pearl income is like 1k and my money per click is like 10T and I need the former not the latter to rebirth), but at least I'm invested

edit: turns out I needed a bird upgrade to make birds make pearls and I instantly got into the billions, lmao at me, rebirthed and I'm free

Yeah I did earth by playing a lot of Minesweeper and fire with an auto clicker but water was boring as hell and I quit playing soon after getting the generator thing

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Had this exchange with my friend the other day, thought you'd appreciate it

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Synergism v1.01 update is out (EXPORT YOUR SAVE FIRST)

use code for free stuff:: anticipation

Lone Goat fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 24, 2020

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Just say "I'm [username] on discord" and it'll get sorted out

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Tangentially related to idle games, but Kongregate won't be accepting new games as of late July

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Zokari posted:

Speaking of Synergism, it's really weird that the final ant automation achievement has a multiplier requirement way, way, way below what you'll need to actually buy a T8 ant.

It was probably supposed to be 777,777

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Chin Strap posted:

You get an auto prestige for it when you beat c10 i think

still gotta buy the research for 1e18 obtanium to get auto ant sacrifice

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Randalor posted:

How do you get the Sadistic challenge? I'm assuming I would have to finish No Runes first (I may have lost a bunch of progress when I upgraded my computer and the windows backup didn't work. I... hadn't done the download save in awhile).

you should be doing the download save every day for the free quarks

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Eldercain posted:

so i've only got the last ELO research (the 2e13 cost one) left, i have about 130 rune levels left between prism and thrift, and i'm about e50 away from the last ant autobuyer and i don't feel like i'm anywhere close to doing sad. Am i just doing this wrong? i have 4 talismans including the shop one and they're all purple and maxxed except plastic which is blue. i'm at 1/3/5 on respecs, should i save up and try 1/2/4? last time i tried i only got 20% of the way there, it just feels like i'm doing it wrong

i think you need the first two talismans to be red to finish your first sadistic? and yes you'll need to swap to 124 while you do it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Eldercain posted:

So I've managed to cap out the 4 talismans I have, I've got autosac running at 15m and things have kind of stalled out. I assume I need to get all these rune level researches and just powerlevel them because the other researches don't look like they're gonna help with pushing challenges very much. Has anyone here managed to snag another talisman? I kind of assume at this point anything you unlock you immediately blast up to red to juice your runes even more but it looks like a long slog since A isn't in yet.

i haven't checked the discord in a week or so but i think common consensus was that the other talismans are impossible to achieve before the next content update

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

cum calamity posted:

theres a surprising amount of prestige layers and stuff too

absolutely switch to dark mode immediately though

the modes says there's an "ending" but how do you know when you've reached it? I'm at elementary and have all the scalar boson upgrades and only missing 3 of the achievements (134, 136, 137)

should i restart in hard or extreme next? i think when i started the game in easy it automatically moved me to normal when i was "done"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Is there a separate goon NGU discord besides the official one?

I'm on 1hr rebirths manualling t1 and trying to snipe some clock gear. The game is good though progression does very slow

there's a secret goon channel on the main ngu discord, state your discord name here or in a PM to 4g and you'll get the hook up

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

explosivo posted:

I'm assuming Synergism is about to open up a whole bunch more poo poo for me soon? I'm doing quick reincarnations now and about to finish the first three rows of research and have all but one of the transcend challenges completed. Is further progression locked behind the Cost++ challenge I haven't been able to do one of yet?

Yes.

If you look at the Achievements tab you can see what achievements unlock new content, the ones in the red squares are important.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

nessin posted:

In Synergism, how many talisman's are there? I've got 4 but they're spaced apart, two on each side, with obvious room for two more in the middle. However by this point I'm on my second ascension and there doesn't appear to be any more to get.

they comes much later, from getting 25 completions on some of the challenges, you can see which ones on the achievements tab

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Infinity Gaia posted:

Well, I learned something new today. Apparently you can be autobanned from a discord server if you keep leaving and rejoining it. I wanted the guides available in the pins for the Synergism channel but I didn't want to clog up my server list, so I kept just getting in, checking a thing, and then leaving the server. Whoops! I miss the days when this info was on a forum, even reddit. Oh well, Synergism is getting kinda boring anyways. I finally made it to the point where I'm doing auto-ascension every 20 secs and I guess I should start touching corruption but it just doesn't feel like the goals are that interesting. I think an Idle game that wants to be long term needs some sort of flavor to it or it just turns into numbers over numbers and feels like nothing. This is probably why NGU is so successful, having a bunch of jokes and art and bosses makes it a lot more engaging to progress. I'm okay with pure numbers for shorter games but something that wants to be long haul like Synergism? Meh.

you can have lots of servers you know

you can even stack the servers together if you really need to save space lmao

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Red Minjo posted:

Is there anything in Synergism that tells you how many times you've ascended or is that a secret

not really, but you can bring up the console (f12 in chrome), and type player.ascensionCount to see it

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

gating attempts (not kills) on a boss on a daily timer is such hideous game design. I knew they were trying to emulate an mmo with this but "you hosed up once in a 9 minute fight, try again tomorrow" its not a game I'm interested in playing.

too bad, it looked like it had potential.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

postmodifier posted:

I do agree that there should at least be a way to practice the fight with no loot drops in order to remove some of the anxiety about wasting the keys on your first few attempts or on a new class, there's already a difficulty slider so the groundwork is potentially there

The keys are more about limiting loot than they are about artifically inflating the difficulty though, you get 1 per day per character that reaches the village, and 3 for every dog bone quest, so eventually you hit a point where you're killing it 11 times in a row

Speaking of which, the boss drops that white headband and the rare pants at a much higher rate than the other mobs that drop it (mushrooms, frogs, beans)

Then let people try as many times as they want but cost a key when they actually get loot. Even on WOW they let you bang your face on a boss a million times in a row but only get paid once you successfully kill it, THEN you're on a timer before you can get loot again. Do that, but make the daily "key" unlock receiving loot again.

You're only killing it 11 times in a row if you can kill it every time, or even any time. Yes I'm mostly complaining because I died like 4 times in a row last night and "get good" isn't an option because I gotta wait 24 more hours before I try again. That's just bad design for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

please knock Mom! posted:

The idleon world 1 boss was pretty painless as warrior for me. If you stand at his feet only the stomp and extending fist can hit you, so you just run back a bit.

Does anyone know stuff about alchemy? What are some must have upgrades? I’m just buying random stuff to increase production rate.

I finally got it today (twice!) but man was it frustrating to keep eating poo poo like a dummy. Still had to use my autorez on one attempt.