Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

ilmucche posted:

Does that mean it's a bad time to build super budget legacy burn? My friends said to just take a modified modern deck, but my modern decks are barely worth it for modern.

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=22996&d=357649&f=LE

Legacy burn is already a budget deck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Toshimo posted:

You're not wrong, but $600+ as a budget deck is still extremely OOF.

That’s ten fetches and 3 karakas. (Karakas optional)

And if you’re updating from modern burn you probably already have the fetches

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

I gotta say, the prices for new cards on MTGO are super whack - 30 tickets for baby Teferi, 30 for Prismatic Vista, 60 for Force of Negation, fuckin' 140 tickets for Wrenn and Six? Good lord.

Just play pauper or paper mtgo is dying cloud

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
I’m a huge fan of this esper doom foretold deck that I saw on twitter

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Hellsau posted:

that is so many rare wildcards, hopefully there's some mythics that are upgrades

Yeah I think I traded in 11 wildcards after opening two of the eldrazi ended rares I needed in a sealed I had gems for. But I have some extras

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I've been playing this all day, it's legit

Yeah I’m really bad at the deck, but it’s incredibly fun to play.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

GoutPatrol posted:

This deck looks like loving miserable to play against.

edit: I'm just hoping a Simic Flash deck still works in this standard, or is every deck just going to be "jam 4 Teferis and see what happens"

I'm heading to my first prerelease of 2 later today so I can report how poo poo I am at sealed.

Simic flash looks even better than it was before

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

sit on my Facebook posted:

A typical game with this deck goes turn one Opt or tapland; turn two Alliance or Arcanist; turn three pyromancer or a planeswalker, and frequently Arcanist your Opt away. So by like the seventh or eighth time I was looking at casting a turn four 0/4 or 1/4 drake I just decided I'd rather play a guaranteed 2/3 that gains me some life. That said, drake is obviously a self-evidently good card and I'm certainly not sure I'm correct, it's just where I've landed now after a few initial games

so what you're saying is you didn't read crackling drake

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Tubgoat posted:

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=23333&f=MO
gently caress me, they're loving banning Mox Opal even though Urza is clearly the goddamned problem.

Maybe they’ll be smart and ban astrolabe

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Also just saw the GP schedule for next year.....seems like I chose a good time to gently caress off out of Florida early next year. Our one GP a year is now downgraded even more (Palm Beach), and there's no Atlanta at all, so the next closest is Charlotte.

I guess gently caress the entire Southeast. This place is a desert for magic at this point. Florida hasn't had an open in like 4 or 5 years, either.

Good to see western Canada gets shafted again as well. No Calgary, no Vancouver. Only two Canadian GP’s total (Toronto and Montreal of course)

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

rkajdi posted:

It's an easy fix, but this list has 8 Hallowed Fountains in it.

Please play basics in your pioneer deck even though it’s 3 color.

ShadeofBlue posted:

Does anyone have any experience getting in contact with Rob Alexander? He has my Italian artist proof Underground Sea, that a friend of mine gave him at GP Las Vegas to draw something on the back of. He didn't have time to do the drawing at the GP and was going to ship it back to me when he was done. We've tried calling (left messages), emailing and sending Facebook messages, with no response. At this point I really just want to know what happened to it :(.

More like ROBBER Alexander am I right folks?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

GoutPatrol posted:

I ordered 8 playmats from Seb Mckinnon and only got 7. I messaged him on Kickstarter and he told me to email the shipping company. They sent an email saying they will ship the other one. That was 2 weeks ago now.

I’ll have my people call the shipping company and by god I will get rob Alexander to return that loving mat to you.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Tubgoat posted:

Not gonna lie, I allowed myself to believe Pioneer could've been fun. But then I was made aware that the entirety of Spirits is legal minus a couple of the lands. :stonkhat:

It’s extremely weird how scared you are of this tier 2 modern deck lmao

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Tubgoat posted:

It's weird how anyone ever lost to Splinter Twin on the scale that required banning it from modern pre-T3feri but welp! :shepface:

When splinter twin was legal I played bogles with 3x suppression field in the main and almost never lost to splinter twin.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Jeoh posted:

having great fun in brawl against:

- ashiok mill
- niv mizzet draw stuff
- oko ramp

Wow you’ve played against a significantly more varied meta than I have. I have played against ashiok mill 4 times, and gadwick the wizened mill once.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

GoutPatrol posted:

Wow that meta seems awesome

Update: I have countered the meta by playing persistent petitioners mill myself but with lab man jace as my commander. Slammed out the wins, now to never play this again.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

venutolo posted:

MCQ day 2 metagame is something like 63% Oko:

https://twitter.com/fireshoes/status/1188294950385045504

e: Of 102 decklists, 67 are running 4 Oko and one more is running 2. So that's 68 of 102 decks with Oko. 66%.

e: 130 main deck Noxious Grasp.

Hell yeah Esper Danse player, fight that good fight

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Everyone on this terrible Facebook group about pioneer says 3 mana teferi is going to get banned, why is the average magic player so bad?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Sickening posted:

That facebook group is horrible and I have no idea why anybody wouldn't be on the subreddit or at least the main discord by now.

I’m way too lazy to use reddit or discord and I am excited for my upcoming banning from this dumb Facebook group

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Tubgoat posted:

Oko
T3feri
Spell Queller

I love how dedicated you are to this bit

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Koirhor posted:

Fair enough if they don’t break the rules judges kinda hosed up

*tugs collar uncomfortably*

Edit: piss, beaten while resizing the image

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Good news for Canadian mtg players. SCG may have abandoned us but face2face is putting out huge stuff for Canadian mtg tournaments

http://magic.facetofacegames.com/introducing-the-2020-f2f-tour/

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

ShaneB posted:

I basically only buy from tcg direct any longer and would rather go to a LGS than buy from most non-direct TCG sellers. I'm so so done with their LP or worse "NM" cards that arrive after 12 days.

I’m just catching up on the dive down and got to the spirits episode. A+

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
I’ve quit paper standard for the first time since new phyrexia.

I do play arena for standard and paper modern, legacy, and pauper.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
lmao https://twitter.com/chosler88/status/1206247960155185152

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Hey that dumb rakdos card could see play in the fires wish board As a way to refuel because you’re already playing teferi.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

ManMythLegend posted:

I know you're probably joking, but I really like the idea of incredibly efficient planeswalker hate being part of White's color pie.

Suppression field exists and is white

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

suicidesteve posted:

Every planeswalker in those formats is countered and dies to Pyroblast. Except modern where the problem is a lot deeper than any planeswalker.

And is like, 15 years old.

Suppression field is one of my favorite cards to slam into the bogles maindeck.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Lone Goat posted:

good news!

If it had flying I’d sideboard it in bant spirits

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Bugsy posted:

Electrodominance, and soon to be Purph's intervention. Explosion if in rug.

Keep it simic and just play the green and blue finales?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Last night at pre-release I saw a guy learn that he couldn’t get a token back from exile and then immediately crumple his deck into a ball, drop from the event, cry to the TO, and drop from the two modern tournaments he was already registered for.

Probably the biggest salt out I’ve ever seen.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Bust Rodd posted:

I don’t understand how you can have a modern deck and not know that, that’s bonkers. Magic players are so special.

He bought modern eldrazi and taxes after getting banned from local yugioh for being too toxic.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Paul Zuvella posted:

Hachi machi inverter of truth is so banned lol

This is how I learned that there’s a pioneer pro tour on right now lmao wizards

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Rinkles posted:

pt top 8

Bant Spirits
Mono-Red
Dimir Inverter
Lotus Breach
Mono-Black
Bant Spirits
Niv to Light
Sultai Delirium

(pioneer)

Double bant spirits? As I live and breathe!

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

I won Pioneer FNM last night on Bant Spirits, deck is gas when the mana cooperates. I even won it having cast 0 CoCos the whole night!

I’ve also been playing bant spirits in pioneer (gotta stay on brand) and I’m really enjoying it

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Walked posted:

Deck is good.

I just did a side event at SCG with it; never played a game with it before and went 3-0-1 with little to no effort

I do think it can be interacted with but people haven't figured out the play patterns yet

The counterplay is don’t let jace or thassafolk hit the field

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

ungulateman posted:

counterspells, you say. :thunk:

Just spell queller everything into dust

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Does anyone know where I can find this pioneer sb heroic list everyone’s been talking about?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
I sold all my EDH cards except a couple precons that my girlfriend and I play against each other because I don’t really like EDH. But if people do like it then play it however you want.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

ShaneB posted:

Forgot to.

on a scale of 1-10 how jazzed are you that bant spirits is a tier deck in a format again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

C-Euro posted:

ngl I'm like a little less excited to play it now that it's popular but the deck still kicks rear end, and I'm glad that it's getting away from running 3+ Brazen Borrower!

I’m running two brazen, two teferi in the main (two obstructionist in the side)
And the deck definitely jams