Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Thanks to this post I've told French wife that there is an election this year and she needs to vote [against Macron and Le Pen obvi]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

zoux posted:

Ask her to listen to the video and see if what the tweet says is happening is happening. I've seen a couple of people say the Macron guy was being sarcastic or something, but I don’t speak French

Yeah i definitely interpreted it as attacking Le Pen from the right on her "moderated" stance on islamophobia and with some very brief research I agree with the other poster that this dude is fash. In my personal experience I've found it so crazy how you can meet otherwise friendly French people who just start absolutely frothing at the mouth at the mention of muslims. We have some in-laws from Alsace and oh man that convo came out of nowhere one morning over breakfast

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

This map also shows Maryland stretching to its natural boundaries along the Potomac, but post- Pennsylvania's perfidious land grab perpetrated by Messrs. Dixon and Mason

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Sinteres posted:

This is so hosed up. Even in as liberal a place as LA, the media bend over backwards to absolve police of any responsibility for practically blowing up a city block. It's insane how much deference police receive just as a matter of course.

https://twitter.com/LANCWatch/status/1412506306695606277

Similarly, this bizarre story came out recently and the initial headlines were that the suspended cop was arrested for fighting with the cops that showed up to his house looking for his stepson. Further development from yesterday or today was that the cops had found the stepson's body concealed in the wall of the home.

https://www.wypr.org/wypr-news/2021-07-09/judge-denies-bail-for-bpd-officer-of-hiding-stepsons-body

This NPR article says they're still investigating and I guess he hasn't been formally charged in the kid's death, but uh sounds like he did a murder on a kid

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Jaxyon posted:

I don't think there's been enough discussion about how you went to Paris and ate at Five Guys.

https://twitter.com/TaurusSnowFox/status/1420583633107230720

All of that guy's fingernails are too long

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

It's a shame that U.S. foreign policy never lived up to any of those ideals everybody always talks about this country being founded on. Or domestic policy.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

i'm pretty sure she doesn't even know that he's in a wheel chair

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

try the chudonnay

The Pinot Noir is just called "hard R"

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Kith posted:

https://twitter.com/DrJadeMcGlynn/status/1506680364403671051

as good as they are with cloak and dagger poo poo you'd think that the russians would be better at disinfo

Well if their chuds are anything like ours you can kinda just phone it in most of the time

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

This man is inexplicably very popular in Maryland (I blame the DC suburbs) and has zero loving hope of winning the Republican presidential primary

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I'm still absolutely flabbergasted that there's a number of rightwing pundits and such that are pro Russia. I can't even describe how angry their hypocrisy makes and it's clear they don't actually have any values or ideology other than what, making money? The party of flag waving would be the first to sell off state secrets or anything not nailed down or bulldoze national parks for resources or burn the entire thing to the ground for short term gains. They all have kids or grandkids and don't think about the world they're leaving for them even for a second

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This feels like a bad parody scene you would see in the beginning of some hellscape action movie.

https://twitter.com/phriendlyphotog/status/1542670077052567552

I've had that helicopter flying over my neighborhood blasting some message that was completely unintelligible for at least 30 minutes. I went outside and listened for a couple minutes to try to figure it out too and couldn't get more than a word here and there.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Sure, but also consider this: republican voters are extremely stupid and constantly falling victim to a party full of grifters

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Very embarrassing for this guy, if true.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

good lord I don't know who 99% of those people are, but I can't stand the Jeff Tiedrich guy because his twitter feed is like the definition of banal and he's constantly upvoted on imgur while I'm trying to find funny cat pics to send to my wife

zoux posted:

But from our perspective, the first person that we would consider to have modern ideas about race and gender and sexuality was born after 1950.

not to nitpick this too much, but race being the social and legal construct that it is probably wasn't as big a deal in some societies prior to codification by white slavers and there have been societies or groups with fluid genders and permissiveness related to sexuality. All of these things existing in one person prior to 1950 is very likely in my mind, though this person might have been persecuted or murdered for their race/gender/sexuality at the time and this would certainly bias our written record.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

i'm the professional guy that (willfully?) doesn't understand how age groups work

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

replying to @icum4mao

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

imagine being at one of the lowest points of your life and then Ted Cruz shows up

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

That gun down his rear end in a top hat looks like a great way to arm someone standing directly behind him, like even a reasonable sized child

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

give him the same medal that fuckin dog got.

A car locked from the outside on a hot day?

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

his head keeps rocking back and forth when he talks and it's very annoying

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

so moisturized

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

zoux posted:

I don't know if the concept of laïcité has an anglosphere analog but they very much believe in freedom from religion en France.

While I like the premise of freedom from religion, France's implementation has been entirely directed at Islam

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Fighting Trousers posted:

I mean, they also give heavy side-eye to Jewish folks wearing kippot (and wanting kosher food), so it's not *just* Islam!

You're right, I guess that law does include a prohibition on yarmulkes as well. France is a bunch of highschool atheists

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Jesus loving Christ i need to get into political advertising. The poo poo I do actually requires that we have an impact and I'm paid nothing compared to what I'm assuming are all nepotism hires

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

pillsburysoldier posted:

How do dumbass chud personalities "with 5 kids" on twitter has enough money for professional headshots all the time

that's gotta be an AI generated image. the eyes are wrong and weird and the rest of it looks like a drawing. Would be surprised if that two month old chud account wasn't a propaganda bot

Mauser fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 5, 2023

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Family Values posted:

Ultra right wingers aren't actually religious, they just use Christianity as a tribal fetish, so the fact that the USSR was atheist is not really the problem for them that you all seem to think it is.

"It's a bible."

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

the kids

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Just go back and slap the tool out of the ape's hand and let the octopuses have a try

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

It's spelled Mengedoht

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Taft was probably the fattest president and Supreme Court Justice

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

sugar free jazz posted:

i dunno I hear belgium is nice this time of year

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

PittTheElder posted:

Lol how hard do they relate to James "I am profoundly boring" Holden

God, he's really just the worst

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

PT6A posted:

Let's hear this guy out. It doesn't sound like a terrible system, and once you have a reasonable monopoly on violence in an area, you could maybe get into some things that go nicely with that sort of power. Maybe some gambling, distribution of controlled substances... and, hell, if you already have the protection, might as well do some light pimping on the side.

Oh Christ, he's invented "the mafia."

It was already a protection racket.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

Gyges posted:

Sometimes your team really sucks, and you can admit it. But, you'll never ever be able to support their rival team. Even if your team decided to sign kid diddling Lucifer and the other team is lead by a divinely empowered puppy Air Bud.

650 thousand voted for that pedophile in Alabama for Senate a few years back

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

hold my beer I'm about to see the light of Islam

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/thelgbgroup/status/1767892711934198181

Lady Gaga is probably a top ten pro-trans rights celeb, who the gently caress did you think she was? She somewhat famously refused to answer the "have you got a penis" conspiracy theory with "so what if I have?" Be like getting mad at Jane Fonda for supporting peace causes.

that poster is first against the wall regardless of who wins

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

only way we're ever gonna get universal healthcare is if defense spending goes up to 50% and we all get drafted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

why are there corporations administering it :negative: