Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Humphreys posted:

I feed a few Maggies so I don't get swooped and they are pretty chill stuffing around having fun in the yard and sprinkler. But one of the motherfuckers likes to sit outside my bedroom and imitate my alarm clock. 1 hour before I need to get up.

This'll be fine once they abolish daylight savings time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Bad Munki posted:

Here’s some fresh content you won’t find anywhere else courtesy yours truly, I think it counts as OSHA because the driver had to be either drunk or playing on his phone or otherwise distracted enough he could have killed someone.

Note: this is actually the 2nd of two hits in one pass. Further up the road, the driver took out two boxes, drove about 200’ along the same pass, and then took these out. Pretty cool.

Hey man, snowplows have the right of way, those mailboxes should've moved over for him.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Pretty sure that trailer turns into a ramp for just this kinda thing.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Isn't this the intersection in japan(?) that they fixed in like 1 day?

edit: yes, yes it is https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2016/nov/15/japanese-workers-repair-road-48-hours-after-sinkhole-appears-video

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

more truck chat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

Is it supposed to do that?

It's not very typical

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Relevant OSHA, was working under high tension lines the other day in a boom lift, was only working 15' up and every time bare skin touched bare metal on the lift it gave me tiny stabbing shocks.

It only took all day to realize it was because of the high tension wires.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

That HAS to be an angled roof... right?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Memento posted:

Really nice touch with traffic still going over the top of the who-knows-how-compromised bridge.

Load-bearing dump truck.

edit: goddammit dump trucks are already load-bearing on a regular basis

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

WarpedNaba posted:

All this train talk is reminding me that I don't actually know how train wheels grip the tracks.

Sheer mass

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Nocheez posted:

My brother drove by a Final Destination style accident near Cleveland. An rear end in a top hat in a dump truck hit the sign with the raised bed. The pole went right through the poor pickup driver :smith:

Why do people continue to drive behind dump trucks with their beds raised?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

iroc.dis posted:

My dad sent me this. Happened fairly close to where he lives in Southern Delaware.

Local News

120' up in the air in a boom lift in high winds :stonk:. Fuuuuuuck that

Ugh. This is why I always tell the customer 'scheduling is highly weather dependant' when I've gotta use the Z135.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

I feel like this person just fuckin' sending it bud got overlooked

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Neutrino posted:

One orange barrel does not traffic control make.

Traffic should be able to control itself.

If wishes were horses though...

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Atticus_1354 posted:

I love the other guy honking and trying to block the only possible escape route.

They were planning to dive in after the drowning jeep obviously, jeeps are a social creature with empathy

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

YVR near gate 50-ish? Or do all airports look like this and have sketchy things happening at all times?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Is there a video that doesn't blatantly cut to a different camera at the moment of landing? (I trust that the rocket really did blow up, it just bugs me on an aesthetic level.)

https://twitter.com/apollozac/status/1336808221806354434

or

https://twitter.com/SpaceX/status/1336849897987796992

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Serephina posted:

weird rear end-probes ... lizard kings

aliens confirmed

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

That minivan got hosed uppp

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just saw this posted on imgur without explanation

https://i.imgur.com/MkIQ3F3.mp4

When this baby hits 8.8 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious poo poo.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

just keep swimming just keep swimming

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Memento posted:

Don't tell me how to live my life

I've busted the tips off of numerous terminal drivers and that hasn't stopped me, what do you think some words are gonna do.

Especially when they're such a common freebie.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Azhais posted:

Trump Plaza got imploded today. Nothing went wrong that I'm aware of, just always impressive seeing a big building get dropped in the middle of everything and end up with little more than dust on the surroundings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnizDJxzlv0

I have no idea how to make the video tag timestamp, money shot is at 11:40

The rubble pile afterwards is way too neat and tidy. Inside job.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

what in the gently caress was that

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

haveblue posted:

This one is "only" 185 feet. It's stable because the base weighs 30 tons

I've been in a 135, it feels anything but stable fully extended.

The ones they are using on BFR are full on crane trucks, they're insane!

edit: high res shot

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Uthor posted:

Lemme tell you about this thread and it's relationship with huge ships which were not avoided.

And really, at least the front stayed on.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

LifeSunDeath posted:

this and the previous one are really loving impressive.

and I have trouble rolling out of bed. very impressive.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

OSHA has no power here.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I was all, "this is fine, what's the pro..." OH!

The ol' spicy splicy

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

mobby_6kl posted:

It's a fit

You son of a bitch

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Eeyo posted:

This is literally a recurring nightmare for me, I'm in the back seat of a car I'm driving and I can't hit the brakes.

I have these dreams fairly often, driving from the back seat, though it's never scary. Just confusing. Like why.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Jabor posted:

Hell, even most of the CGI in Terminator 2 looks better than what shows up in modern CGI-fests. There are maybe a couple of notable exceptions, but stuff like the T-1000 walking through bars holds up even today.

Wait, Robert Patrick couldn't walk through bars?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Ghost Cactus posted:

I have experienced the tingle. There was a route I used to cycle that went under the electric wires for half a city, and it the tingle hurt! Especially if I was sweaty and I accidentally touched an exposed piece of metal under the saddle, it would zap. I like that warning sign because the first time it happened to me I thought I was about to be struck by lightning or something.

I'll never forget using a small boom lift under some high tension wires, it took me the entire day to realize that the metal wasn't covered in sharp splinters that kept pricking my fingers, I was getting zapped.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm not sure a parachute deployment technically counts as a landing in the logbook

If you can walk away from a landing, it's a good landing. If you use the airplane the next day, it's an outstanding landing.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

should've opened the sliding doors and let the river in

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

HolHorsejob posted:

Props to the dude that not only built a house out of pavers, but didn't even bother to, like, interleave the layers.

oh god it's even worse than i first thought

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Scratch Monkey posted:

uh open the door and call the dog out?

you ever think maybe she doesn't speak Burmese?

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

No, it's not come up at all.

Not OSHAs jurisdiction.

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Google Jeb Bush posted:

there are actually a fuckload of derailments per year in the US (which makes sense, big place), some of them are just worse than others

It's also likely related to why railroads have come up with so many very specific pieces of machinery to redo all of the various parts of track extremely efficiently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

Just imagining the emergency services Tesla confusedly driving in circles, trying to run into itself

More likely it just runs over the victim, especially if it's a child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmxLh2aYO0I