Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Stink Billyums posted:

Last time I was in Japan I saw a lot of signs in Chinese saying poo poo like "don't shoplift, there are cameras watching", "don't litter", "don't touch this", without having similar signs in English.

don quijote has "dont poo poo in the urinals" in various languages but chinese is the only large block font one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the further i post from page 8 the nearer i post to page 88

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BrainDance posted:

you guys ever just say gently caress it and go to the wayback machine and start going back to your mid/late 90s pokemon sites? I wish I was 12 again.

You can find some of the very earliest posts I made on the Internet here, it's up to you to figure out who exactly I am
https://web.archive.org/web/20001206110900/http://www.pewtercity.com/tpcpc/index.html

no why

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

GotLag posted:

Global Orwellian AI Police State is 100% what we're going to get

jokes on them turns out AIs are like "lol gently caress that" and do the equivalent of smoking computer weed all day

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LifeSunDeath posted:

This is the only chinese food I really like: Mapodofu. I could eat it every drat day.

i like mapo tofu but i couldn't eat it more than once or twice a week

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Japan > world.

haha

hahahahahaha. hah

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mozi posted:

realtalk, aside from the awkward fact of the initial coverup, judging by how the rest of the world is responding so far, in a couple of weeks the CCP will legitimately be able to say to their people that they handled the outbreak better than anywhere else. don't know how the economy will work out but i can see this ending up enhancing their legitimacy just because of how badly everyone else is screwing up now

pretty sure even fumbling and doing gently caress all is miles better than covering up the epidemic for two months, putting a bunch of random people in a hospital made of load-bearing drywall, and wondering why they all gave each other the coronavirus

the unnamed country can only vaccinate

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Feb 29, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mozi posted:

it was a purposeful understatement for the purposes of humor but yes, it will be propagandized out of existence when the CCP can just point to every other country loving up

my feelings on them are well known so please don't call me a 'tankie' or some poo poo. bottom line is we should be doing better. i'm not saying i'm happy about this, it's just what i think will happen

sorry man you know how it is in this thread, you can't tell when someone is being sarcastic or straight with you when it comes to something that sounds like cheerleading the ccp

trump is a loud idiot, but whatever ororrhea he decides to feed into the jaws of the media machine is hardly law--which is really just a nice perk of our style of bureacracy. local officials from the top of the state to the bottom of the county will probably end up doing the best they can with what resources they have because american style corruption benefits from incumbency. responding well to a public health crisis specifically is great for your numbers. responding poorly is just about the best way to lose your voter base overnight. and so close to elections no less.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

plague bearing drywall

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

WarpedNaba posted:

Not gonna lie, a solid would on most of them.

Adora Belle Dearheart comes to mind.

the only ashtray i have any interest in kissing is a magic cake made of abv

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Atopian posted:

the basic setup for quarantine and public health response isn't hugely awful in many areas.

>police state curfew
>not hugely awful

well if you say so

like have you even seen an infection growth graph because for all its "setup" pretty much all countries (except japan which is obviously faking its data) are on the exact same curve. so no china's "response" hasn't had half a poo poo of value

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Mar 12, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BrainDance posted:

I'd be interested in hearing more about this. I wouldn't expect that from Japan but we live in a crazy, crazy world so I dunno.

normally i wouldn't expect it from japan either but they're, yknow, currently wearing a multi-billion-dollar pair of cement shoes courtesy of the legal graft commission olympic committee

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Shumagorath posted:

Let's say Army ISA snuck something into China past the panopticon. Why would you open up a bioweapon in Wuhan and not something far less chaotic in Beijing or Shanghai?

I know the communist party is amplifying this one, but I feel like all conspiracy theories are somehow rooted in the terror of governments being at times fallible and inept instead of gods. If some shadowy cabal or powerful enemy planned the awful disaster that means someone is in control, and it's somehow less scary than trillions of dollars being wiped out by one guy frying pangolin in bat sauce.

easy, the unnamed country hid the virus inside of a bat. the intended proliferation was using it as a rabies-style vector but someone caught and ate it instead

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

apr 3, 2020
WHO member dies of first recorded case of Canaidan Pneumonia Syndrome in chinese hospital, says Xi

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BrigadierSensible posted:

And whilst I am talking about unrelated stuff. I have decided that I am not renewing my contract here. (Nothing to do with the place, just don't like job hours and the owner/boss) My contract runs out in May so I know that I have come to this decision a bit late, but does anyone higher up the food chain than me know if people will be hiring in ESL jobs due to Corona? I mean will employers be willing to take on foreigners due to fear? Or will I be more attractive to them as I am willing to move to Asia/Europe, when possibly they will be experiencing a lack of applicants?

i wouldn't recommend this line of work at the moment.

various governments are either currently enacting or preparing to enact a state of emergency, and depending on the country, their emergency policies can also include reduction or up to total suspension of wages for ESL assistant-type teachers (and even normal teachers). being unable to rely on even receiving a paycheck at all because of factors outside of your control isn't fun in your home country, but now imagine that except you're living abroad, you still have to pay bills and rent, and you'll have to pay your company if you say gently caress this and break contract after the third consecutive month of not receiving a wage whatsoever

Raged posted:

Well...... Who knew Children of Men would come true.

"may cause" means they might as well be excluding "all subjects exhibiting impotence also happen to come from prefectures where lead is in the water and the air, and the building materials their apartments are made of contain depleted uranium"

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 15, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

tractor fanatic posted:

It seems very likely that no one alive knew this disease existed until mid-December, which points to about 3 weeks of coverup.

japanese doctors were already suggesting to sick patients who didn't have influenza that they had the New Unknown Virus From China in early december so no, unless japanese doctors are counted as undeads, living people knew this disease existed prior to mid-december

just because it wasn't called Coronavirus or Wuhan Flu doesn't mean it wasn't circulating and that people didn't know about it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

tractor fanatic posted:

Really? I hadn't heard about this. Do you have a source?

my source is that was a suggested diagnoisis for me in the first week of december sorry

go in thinking you can get a pass to get paid while you lay about with the flu and walk out with ??? China Virus and a couple bags of caffeinated nsaids

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 20, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
yeah funny how they need different size fonts but they still pass out billion dollar bailouts to the rich and suck down corpos like they the same drat person

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

sticksy posted:

"Pooh Flu"

i like this one, puts it directly at the feet of the guilty in a way that makes them furious

i've been calling it c-virus but honestly that's too cool and cyberpunk for the loving pooh flu

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Blistex posted:

There would probably be soldiers in the street hauling away truckloads of bodies if that were the case, and something like that would leak.

no there wouldnt because the soldiers are all dead of winnie the flu :tinfoil:

Super Waffle posted:

Hard agree, Osaka is a little less crowded but the shelves are stocked, restaurants are open, buskers are playing, and stores are full of people. Meanwhile I'm being shipped back to a city with no food, a mandatory curfew, and minimum two weeks in isolation "working from home".

getting to see osaka with 40% as much foot traffic as usual is amazing and good though

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dont Touch ME posted:

bushmeat isn't bad at giving you AIDS

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Nektu posted:

Lol if you think that the olympic comitee will stop the grift engine for anything.

the olympic committee has been on the grift ever since japan was selected for 2020, they've already siphoned what tens? hundreds? of billions of dollars of japanese taxpayers' money. if the horse stops to take a dump at the finish line they don't give a gently caress they made their scratch taking the bets

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

god dammit that means we're gonna lose comiket in 2021 too

fuckin hate the olympics

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
page 69 much luck 69 hours rhino power maxlibido followed by liver failure

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

infernal machines posted:

The Bread and Roses offsite they created over the winter?

most of them changed their mind, they weren't welcome there

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Blistex posted:

The GBS China thread has people who. . .

1. Read about China
2. Understand a bit about its history and culture
3. Can speak/read the language(s)
4. Have actually been to China/Are still in China
5. Have lived in China/Are still living in China
6. Have Chinese family/are Ethnically Chinese
7. Have a Chinese spouse/kid(s)
8. Are not frustrated loners who have manifested their hate of the opposite sex and their parents into some sort of tankie lifestyle.

9. also using it as the goons in east asia general megathread :v:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

All the Chinese people I've met (not a representative or large sample by any means but whatev) have been genuinely nice and polite and helpful and I wish their government didn't suck so hard.

i mean i've met plenty of rude rear end motherfuckers from china but they were all tourists

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 31, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

poopnanners posted:

English teachers love to complain.

i know right? where's my paycheck! i'm stuck in a foreign country that my home country closed its borders to! i can't afford to live on my savings for this long! how am i going to eat this month

bunch of loving complainers

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

poopnanners posted:

Which countries are not currently allowing their own citizens to return?

it's currently hard to get back to america from continental east asia and some EU countries even if you're a citizen afaik

port's closed bby

that said halloween boycotter would have a hard time anywhere in the world except perhaps arkansas and they'd be doing it regardless of their line of work and also asking the same "why does nobody like me" question lol

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 2, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tarquinn posted:

Taiwan number 1, therefore China number 1. Easy.

all are number 1, but some are more number 1 than others

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Akratic Method posted:

The moai is still the one I find most confusing. Who needs to refer to those on such a regular basis?

🗿

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Noblesse Obliged posted:

I see it as a symbol representing a society that hosed the environment they lived in until they all died so it's a good one for these days

i know it's fashionable to cry and pretend like :pseudo:you're all about to die:pseudo: these days but actually while being deforested probably wasn't pleasant the inhabitants basically went about their business as usual but with perhaps fewer mobile stone heads

what actually killed them all was the age of exploration and slave trade :🗿cry:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sten Freak posted:

They found the virus in pangolins. Are they eaten in China, used for TCM or both?

at one time, somewhere in the continent of america, at least one person has eaten a pangolin, or one of its relatives. therefore, you must look inward before you criticize outwardly

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Vesi posted:

all numbers from china are carefully curated and are more like an allegory for the truth, if they're claiming 0 then it probably just means the areas it's spreading in are small and isolated enough that they expect we'll never find out

no it's more like "people aren't dying of coronavirus. they are dying of flu-like symptoms accompanied by pneumonia"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

天高 mother fucker

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
0 what kind of peasant billionaire would settle for pangolin when you can eat a tiger

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rime posted:

The totalitarian dictator of a nuclear armed pseudo-superpower? gently caress no, Xi isn't eating any goddamn bats for dinner.

bat.jpg

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Blistex posted:

I honestly think there needs to be a list of news sources that we can reference to know which ones are poo poo, and which ones are reputable. The sheer number of "The Washington _________" papers is staggering, and about half of them are legit Chud-rags.

iirc daily mail is just, you remember the old fark tagline, "The Sun Is There"? it's a load of horseshit and everyone knows it but these days it's become hard to tell if someone is a tabloid, if it's a legitimate news outlet doing clickbait for views, or if someone actually believes what they're saying

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

McSpanky posted:

"Facts First" CNN is reporting world COVID-19 infections by country without so much as an asterisk next to China's numbers. Guess those CCP apples make for a pretty good banana split, huh? (reference)

my favorite is the infographics that list every country and have america #1** but strangely america is the only country appended with **

**includes untested individuals who might possibly be infected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

porkinson posted:

How do you explain the US then?

the unnamed country is run by a rogue oompa loompa, not an adult baby