Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
New DuckTales show is surprisingly good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

That drat time-traveling, metaversal eternal president Barack Obama

Time-Traveling Obama is a really great username.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Cornwind Evil posted:

I used to think that the idea that countless people couldn't handle that they 'put a loving n*****' in the White House was utterly insane and propaganda. Yeah there were plenty who didn't like his politics, felt he was fake, etc, points that at least had SOME sort of validity, but surely the concept of "RAGE AT THE UPPITY NEGRO' was only the product of the rarest and most broken minds dying in the dust bins of history. Now? I'm honestly surprised the Civil Rights movement happened at all. When racism gets ingrained, it really does replace blood and air, doesn't it?

Ironically, Trump isn't one of them. He just can't get over Obama making fun of him at that Correspondent's dinner years ago. In a thousand years he's still going to be making his blood sacrifices wear the mask of the Vile Failure O'bernfailpresident while talking about what a failure he was.

(Normally I'd picked some different words for 'failure', but Trump ain't that creative)

There are times when I legit wish Jon Stewart had waited just one more year to retire from the Daily Show. Him playing clips of Trump being a dipshit and calling him Fuckface von Clownstick 4 nights a week for the entire election cycle might have really stuck with--oh who am I kidding, the people who need the reminder that Trump is irreconcilably stupid and evil have 3-second memories and don't vote anyway so who cares.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Because they face zero political consequences for their lies or their bad faith.

Hey, being handily re-elected and in larger numbers is a political consequence if you look at the term "consequence" objectively.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Bloop posted:

No-Heart DumbGold

Pissheart Fakegold

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ratspeaker posted:

Duck Tales chat: a friend of mine is big into Joe Rogan and guns and manly-man survivalism, and sometimes when he's not accusing me of being a communist he'll tell me that I need to watch Duck Tales, it's such a good show. And that's all I can think of now when I see it mentioned.

Your friend has awful taste in YouTubey podcast men and abysmal political views as well, but he's right about DuckTales.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

OhDearGodNo posted:

ITT people blaming everyone for Bernie dropping out other than the fact that people didn’t go out and vote for him.

Time is flat circle that grows ever smaller. Welcome back to 2016, my friend. It missed you dearly.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I have a hard time imagining whether Scrooge or Glomgold is Trump. I feel like Biden has big Launchpad energy, except nobody else ever survives his landings.

In the new show, Glomgold is explicitly a Trump analog, having made his billions in the 80s by putting his name and face on loving everything and raking in the licensing dollars.

And also by being a dumb rear end in a top hat who’s a danger to society.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

John Mccain was obviously Launchpad.

Kellyanne! Help me onto his casket so I can dance on it!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I stop reading this thread for a day because dems are a waste and suddenly there's a dude named Joey Pizza who's selling Trump quack drugs :psyduck:

The simulation continues its breakdown with no signs of stopping, I see. When do we get to the point where Trump steps up to the mic and instead of words the sound of a dial up modem comes out of his mouth? Because we're getting there...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Katie Porter is one of the most brilliant political operators I've seen in a long rear end time and a good loving person to boot. If Joe Biden has even a molecule of sense left bouncing around his moldy goo brain he'd pick her to be his VP and then get the gently caress out of the way and let her do all the talking but lol

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
It’s also fitting given Trump’s general gross diet that we go from Joey Salads, who was utterly unpalatable, to Joey Pizza brining Trump the feel good stuff.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rust Martialis posted:

His son, the former Prime Minister, could not be reached for comment.

Pierre Poutine, our greatest Prime Minister :patriot:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I'm assuming that Joey Pizza doesn't piss in his own mouth on Youtube as well.

Never assume anything anymore. A man named Joey Pizza exists and is a friend of the President of the United States.

Anything is possible now. except a woman being president lol that will alwaysbe a bridge too for for the US

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Man, it’s always so loving weird when the Gods2.com cult turns up doing weirder and crazier poo poo than they did before...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BiggerBoat posted:

Is that even loving possible?

and wtf does he have against dogs?

God I hate hime

His dad taught him that owning a dog was a sign of poverty and low class, so Trump internalized it in conjunction with his hatred of poor people to the point where dogs are the platonic ideal of insulting to him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fallom posted:

That was a fast transition to "Well actually, Bernie was always a loser."

That's the neat thing about constant purity purges; eventually you get purged for being impure.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

that seems unethical

Have you met the Wisconsin Republican party by chance?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I don't give a poo poo about the book title, but someone needs to photoshop a boxing glove coming right at Jared's head with a reaction look like that.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

Went a different direction.

:golfclap: Beautiful, both of you.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

whats hosed is enough rubes/scared people will send money to this ghoul, plus i am sure this rear end in a top hat will find some way to get more money.

I mean this is the thing that Jim Bakker and his industrial buckets of ready mix survival corn meal have been planning for for literally decades now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Neo Rasa posted:

If I had like Bloomberg money or whatever I'd purchase Fox News and then just completely shut it down because while there's no "one weird trick" to something like this that would have still been way more of a help than his presidential campaign.

There’s a reason why when Disney bought out 20th Century Fox the one thing Rupert Murdoch and News Corp fought tooth and nail to save from the deal was Fox News (and Fox Business). Rup knew that if Disney got their hands on Fox News, they were going to disassemble it down to its last molecule, and if they deigned to rebuild it, it would be unrecognizable from what it was before the buyout.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 19, 2020

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

I actually forgot Loomer existed, the lovable insane lunatic scamp she is

Is she still running for Congress only so she can get unbanned from Twitter?

If she wins, she gets a congressional twitter account by law* which is unbannable no matter what crazy poo poo she tweets under the Trump Standard, AND she upgrades from cyberstalking AOC to being able to physically stalk her since they will work in the same government building together.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So decided to search the Olympia protest

Tim Eyman? Why does this dipshit keep turning up in PNW politics? Hasn't like literally everything he's tried to accomplish been thrown out in court or failed to even make it to a ballot? He's like the Dino Rossi of being people who aren't already Dino Rossi :psyduck:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zesty posted:

What's the NASA shirt? Some flat earth thing?

Yes. You can buy it on Redbubble and it says "NOT REAL, We checked" over a picture of the globe. The person selling them has a whole catalog of flat Earth, anti-vax, anti-science, anti-media conservative talking point checklist merch for sale.

e: Yeah ^

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1252374768436654081

this speaks so hard about how bad freddy hosed his brain up.

I’m playing the Final Fantasy VII Remake now and I swear to god they remodeled President Shinra to look like Fred Trump.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Lmao I'm playing FF7 remake right now and passed an NPC who said "everything coming out of the President's mouth is complete bullshit." Big mood there game.

There’s a LOT of post-2016 America in 7R’s Midgar so far.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jaxyon posted:

Yet another we will know is factually untrue(loving LBJ) yet he will still say.

I’m pretty sure no other human, let alone president, has had a dick as big as LBJ’s swinger was.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DrNutt posted:

Oh yeah it's great, I'm on ng+ right now, just hadn't heard that little bit of flavor dialogue before. Highly recommend this game for anyone trapped inside and needing a good escape. But also you get to hear Barret call out neolibs and see oppressed underclass take up AKs and start screaming for the blood of fascists. It's pretty cathartic.

Jesus Christ I just passed another guy who said "not gonna make it into work for awhile, might as well drink" :stare:

There’s a woman in Sector 7 who straight up goes “They’re going to shut the food markets down soon. Better stock up on toilet paper too.” :tinfoil:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Dumbshit hasn't mentioned Hydroxycholorquine at his last several pressers, has he?

The narrative of “this actually kills you harder and faster than the virus does” has taken hold in public consciousness, so Diddums has quietly abandoned hocking it. That, or Kellyanne jingled some keys in front of his face and it’s tumbled out of his goobrain entirely.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kale posted:

It's easy to maintain this sort of narrative and perspective when your just kind of constantly reinventing reality around it. It's like those Gamergater types that show up for every major upcoming video game insisting that "SJWs" are going to come out of the woodwork to censor and gently caress up a game as an excuse to just flood the zone with poo poo and whine about stuff to shift the narrative on it into a mostly political one. Any moment now those "SJWs" will be here to try to ruin our favorite entertainment for us......just about any moment now....meanwhile I'll just keep bleating off this "counter-narrative" when there's literally no currently established one out there because I literally just made a straw man one up for convenience sake in order to shitpost effectively.

This is one of the most annoying things about the current social media dynamic and world view of honestly far too many people nowadays. What is essentially pre-bitching about and making up what I call a "pitched battle" situation as a pretext for saying some of the stupidest mind blowing divisive bullshit I've ever heard in my life and effectively arguing against a supposed powerful and influential bloc of people that don't even really exist the way the narratives insist they do. Like it's just so loving easy to build a media and reality bubble and create unnecessary polarization and extremist viewpoints if you just get to constantly do that without being challenged anywhere near enough to prove the existence of a supposedly ultra PC anti-free speech narrative and agenda that both actually exists in popular media and is in desperate need of countering.

I think the problem therein is you rarely see a direct clash of actual existing and widespread believed in narratives wherein ultimately most people are forced to compare and contrast the stated arguments and "facts" and decide for good which ones are real and which ones are bullshit and to discard the latter for good which is usually how it's supposed to go. It's usually just a whole lot of posturing and sticking to media and demographic bubbles while occasionally sniping and a whole lot of making up what a supposed opposition is even saying such that it just perpetually goes on and on with no end in sight as the bullshit just keeps piling up on top of itself.

This is why I feel like while getting rid of Trump and his cabinet in November would improve the efficiency of the US Federal Government, a lot of the bullshit and narrativism you see surrounding politics globally that allows people like him to keep getting elected is here to stay and nothing is getting sorted out until there's a real direct sort of world wide dialogue on what should be a commonly held set of facts once and for all.

Speaking to that first part, and going back to what you said earlier, I saw a “prominent” Gamergater (which is a sad thing to see/saw in Two Thousand and Twenty Anno Domini) today frothingly arguing that SJWs have ruined the purity of the original Final Fantasy VII by forcing in a radical pro-environment, anti-capitalist political message into its remake that was CLEARLY never there in the original.

And I’m sitting back going “Do you have objects orbiting around you, by chance? Because you’ve gotta have your own gravity well at this point if you’re THAT goddamn dense.” :psyduck:

You’re completely right, to these people The Bubble is everything and it is utterly impenetrable.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i mean thats not a good sign for trump if the GOP is basically going "every man for himself and try to hold the line".

This is like the 20th "Oh poo poo, everyone run away from Trump, he's suddenly toxic" moment they've had since Escalator Day. It doesn't last. McConnell blows the Horn of Eld and they turn right around in unison. They always go back to Trump.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Is... is he trying to say Sephiroth? Did Barron try to show him his new copy of Final Fantasy VII Remake and it melted his goo brain even more than usual?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sounds like Prison Paul needs to shotgun another handful of his turbo soy blackout brainshit pills to come up with some better zingers to scream at Piers Morgan's Twitter block screen because those ones are just :sad:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Djarum posted:

Well Groom Lake is actually a great spot for testing, even more so now with the Government closing off nearly every vantage point of the complex. You have almost no human habitation for thousands of miles within the complex, you can get sensitive things in and out without prying eyes. You can get something in the air, to altitude and then go to the Northwest for overland testing with limited exposure eyes or hit the Pacific within minutes which you can also have limited/no visibility.

For military aircraft, they can hit 50,000+ feet quickly, avoid commercial traffic, keep their airspeed under military power and almost no one is going to question what a speck of an aircraft is at that altitude if they can see it.

I'm reminded of how the existence of the B-2 was revealed to the public. The skunkworks team was showing it off the Air Force brass so the USAF had imposed like a 50 mile no fly zone around the base it was at... horizontally. So a team of reporters from Aviation Week flew over it outside the NFZ's altitude restriction and snapped a bunch of pics of it on the tarmac, so the Air Force was forced to go "Uhhh. Well. poo poo."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

Wait. . . Am I Joe Biden?

I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Zotix posted:

What happens if on May 12th the Supreme Court says to Mnuchin "turn over the tax returns", and Trump and Mnuchin and Barr all go, "lol no." What happens at that point?

No matter what way that coin lands, Trump's tax returns are never going to be properly released so its kind of moot.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

And yet the most damning thing in that tweet is that Donald Trump considers Jimmy Fallon to be a “nice guy”. As if you didn’t need any more proof that Jimmy Fallon is a godawful waste of space, Donald Trump legitimately likes him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Spaced God posted:

https://twitter.com/JesseLehrich/status/1257808304153268230
Dear leader got 9 holes in one during a single golf game, don't y'all know

Sounds like he needs to go to more baseball games and get booed into oblivion then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fritz the Horse posted:

that's a jarring disconnect between the stirring patriotic music and Donnie sounding like he absolutely does not give a gently caress

Now see, thanks to Vic Berger any time I hear Trump talking over music my brain automatically replaces it with that lovely 80s sports highlight reel synth and horns b-roll music track. Because that's the only kind of cheap rear end low class z-grade music Donald Trump deserves to have follow him around everywhere.