Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I just realized you timed this on a 5 day, too. Which means you have a self-imposed challenge also slamming you.

After reading up, I can already guess at what it's going to be, and it's going to be amazing :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Mecha_Face posted:

And we keep going back in time to correct our own mistakes! Are we accessing the morphogenic field? :tinfoil:

At least one person here is!

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Knowing what that suppression is like? Could be a bit.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Dead Reckoning posted:

I really like the looming perspective. It makes it look like One Sin is only classified as Zayin because it doesn't want to roam the facility obliterating employees' minds, not because it couldn't.

Sin tastes better given willingly.

Edit: I just realized we're coming up on Talow's two-week deal with Bishop. It'll be nice to have that plot advance again.

Materant fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 2, 2020

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

hobbesmaster posted:

Is there some sort of catch with the weapon and suit from the bird or are they just that good?

the Orb of Zot posted:

They require 110+ in all 4 stats when the cap is 100.
Is it even possible to use them right now?

You need a combination of EGO Gifts to equip them, but it's absolutely feasible, I think?

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Hunt11 posted:

You can only get one set.

To clarify, sure, you can leave Apocalypse Bird's gear in storage, and it can be summoned again. But you'll only ever be able to hold one copy of its gear.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

K.O.! Bishop wins!

And right at the imprint, too. X never gets to forget that punch, unless for some reason we have to do a complete rewind.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I love that the monitor still has the smiley face drawn on it by Mr. Black. X, clean your drat equipment. Especially now that it has blood on it.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

the Orb of Zot posted:

Yeah, that’s the point. Something is going to throw everything for a loop and I have no idea what it could be.

Given we just wrapped up the middle layer's missions? I would say we were due for another round of Core Suppressions; except as previously stated, we can't do those on a Repository day.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Chaosbrain posted:

I would assume that it is a mission thing. If you open up one department fully you can do its missions one a day taking up 4-5 days. However if you open up 2 you can do both of whatever mission is up in one day, so say Mission 2 of one department at the same time as Mission 1 of the other.

And due to the timing, you need to also be handling the Middle Layer's Core Suppressions. Atziluth appears to be a gigantic clusterfuck, and this is the calm before the storm. We're not likely to have another quiet day in the run.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Tiphereth is too good for this hellhole of a facility.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Evil Kit posted:

Alternatively they were literally the only ones available at the time after a facility wide massacre? It is a mystery not even the end of the game may resolve at this rate. Very interested in Chesed's and Gebura's suppressions now.

By that line of logic Michelle/Hod is an outlier as she wasn't anywhere near available after the massacre.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Black Robe posted:

You honk in joy. It's a lovely morning in LobCorp, and you are a horrible employee.

Horrible Goose: roughly the same rules as Punishing Bird, except it forces the closest employee to attempt to suppress it, and when they do it just steals the offender's EGO weapon and forces them to chase after it until they catch it. Unless said EGO weapon is a bell, in which case it consumes the weapon and returns to containment.

Materant fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 20, 2020

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Qrr posted:

Kind of weird that it goes Fourth Trumpet (facility go boom), Fifth Trumpet (undefined), Sixth Trumpet (company go boom), Seventh Trumpet (world go boom). I guess Fifth would be, like, the whole region going boom or something?

Fifth is "poo poo is going down in a bunch of our facilities, and the company is reeling, but still afloat". Sixth is "gently caress, the company's sinking", and Seventh is "welp, our hubris ended humanity".

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

mercenarynuker posted:

Binah got serious 90s Goth Girl vibes going on, especially with her skull earring

I dunno, it parses to me as a broken key - which lines up with a lot of the stuff she says during the fight.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Eopia posted:

I'm not entirely convinced that because they're cogito constructs these fixers and claws are actually inferior to the real things either.

Yeah, likely these figments are every bit as powerful as the real deal. Probably stronger, actually, since their power is likely based on how they're perceived. The collective unconscious do be like that sometimes.

Materant fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 30, 2021

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

ShyGuy1231 posted:

Man that was kind of a lame ending. Like just "You suck, try it again."

Of course it's lame, you're flunking out of the test at literally the first question.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Roland Jones posted:

Unrelated, it slightly bothers me that "Small Bird" and "Long Bird" were just initial names for Punishing Bird and Judgement Bird, but Big Bird stays Big Bird instead of getting a menacing new name too. It feels like it should have also had another name, though I have no idea what it would be.

If the three birds are meant to symbolize Judge, Jury and Executioner, I guess Big Bird would fit into the Jury position. But Jury Bird just sounds kinda weird.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Qrr posted:

Imagine how many times a version of A has just recruited a bunch of people on day 1 and pressed that button for, uh, science. Sure, let's call it science.

sighs in irritation

Does this really have to be the first thing every new manager tries? You'd think one of them wouldn't hit the "DON'T PRESS THIS, rear end in a top hat" button at least once, but no.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Hunt11 posted:

That sounds like a memorable suppression.

Also probably literally impossible for some departments, since Control, Information, and Central all require elevator use to get around in-house.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Day 45 was the last time we saw Angela, wishing us success before we left for the Kether suppressions. Looking back at that story segment it is super-obvious that she knows well that was her final part in the script.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Eopia posted:

Things the Rabbits can kill: An Arbiter

Things the Rabbits cannot kill: Twee

Y'know, now that you say that, I legit wonder if Twee could solo the actual Suppression version of the Arbiter now. Insofar as it can be "soloed", anyway.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Without some TeeQueue-brand dickery, it'll also stop showing up very quickly - it's just a ZAYIN, after all. And owing to how success rates calculate, the thing is almost entirely harmless to work for anyone beyond a newbie.

...Depending on how big the heal is and how fast the work rate could be, it could have some use as a healing station if you were, for example, completely out of bullets. But there's tool abnormalities that do that job better, albeit with a risk of killing the user/the entire facility.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Happy Teddy Bear isn't terribly demanding at least, but yeah, in the fracas of later Suppressions you'll almost certainly botch it a few times. I want to say its gear is also the worst, or at least competing with the worst in its weight class, too? At least it gives you a lot of it.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Arcvasti posted:

The thing with always being able to survive it the first time is that, like the Woodsman, when you're fighting Binah you might need to clear a meltdown on it twice over the course of the fight. It's definitely still safer then something like luminous bracelet though.

And it actually works, to boot!

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I do appreciate them using JPEG trash bag. It's a funny touch.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I would honestly call it one of the best TETH abnos in the game, though I'm sure the professional opinion will have words about it.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

The staff are going to have an rear end of a time explaining this one.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Oh yeah, people could probably guess it already, but the screamed line in the Don't Touch Me video is "Nanjiji ma", which is Korean for, you guessed it, "don't touch me".

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Only five left, now... The end is in sight.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Eopia posted:

So do temperance 1 agents put to sleep by the sheep count as dead once the day is finished, or are they useable again after?

They're hella dead. Hod isn't using hyperbole when she says there's no known way to wake up any Temperance 1 agent who gets put to sleep by Void Dream.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Poor Paul's about to break in a really, really bad way, isn't he?

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Solitair posted:

Much like La Luna, this entity is listed as "unescaping" since technically the abnormality is the six brothers, they never leave their cell, and just summon the sister when the counter gets low enough. That annoys me a bit, but the sister never appeared on my playthrough and the brothers ended up being a reliable Justice trainer.

Unsurprising, since as TeeQueue mentioned most facilities will have difficulty accidentally spawning the sister. You usually have to try to make it happen.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Keldulas posted:

Honestly I think the reason why Benjamin didn’t warn anyone is because he ultimately thought Angela deserved this.

I mean, remember that the crux of his issues was that he didn't want the project to end. I absolutely believe he didn't realize (or care, even, because who cares what the vengeful AI wants after the fact if after the fact never comes?) until it was too late to stop anything.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

It was kind of inevitable when Ayin started rambling about the trolley problem. People get super hot and bothered by it, but you are unlikely to run into that sort of thing without systemic or leadership failures.

Here, we have the entirety of Lobcorp.

Lobotomy Corporation: where multi-track drifting isn't just a challenge, it's something to aspire to.

On another note, now that story content has concluded I took a dive into Ruina. Game good! I wonder if the TTS is still going, though, because four hours just sorta disappeared.

Materant fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

CHiRAL posted:

(I couldn't find the artist for credit, if anyone knows hmu)

Oh my god it's beautiful.