Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
looks like chuckanut drive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
someone should set that thing on fire, do it op

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
2 million according to a "per a crowd-sourced data tracker"

(lol)

https://insideevs.com/news/678191/tesla-cybertruck-orders-5-year-wait-times/

i love the depravity of the sphere of desperate musk bloggers and shills

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
The ev6 looks poo poo

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ChronoReverse posted:

You don't need to break in engines in 2023.

wtf, this is beyond stupid to assume

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
saw a hummer ev for the first time on the road today and wanted to tell the owner to (redacted) himself but i was on my bike and my self preservation won out

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Speleothing posted:

Reveiw embargo for the Blazer seems to have opened today. Road & Track, Car & Driver both seem to like the new OS enough to not miss carplay/aa.

Motortrend and our very own DrGitlin on Ars Technica seem disappointed.

Autoweek barely mentioned it.

Personally I'm sick of reviewers gushing on and on about acceleration & torque & high speed cornering but not giving us much useful about living with the car day to day.

how the gently caress is this thing starting at like 57k

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Squibbles posted:

Kia in Canada is holding back cars from dealerships apparently because they think if their sales numbers are too strong this year the head office will cut their ad budget across the country next year

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/kia-canada-car-sales-1.7063216

god i love the efficiency of capitalism

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Bluecruise is when you go cruising on blue chews

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Test drove a bolt today and it's pretty nice!

Gonna have to crunch the numbers but the local dealer is unloading a shitload of the battery buyback models with heavy discounts

The 2017 gti has been problem free but I gotta admit the bolt would be even cheaper running costs for our household

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Is there any real argument against getting a 22my bolt with the branded title due to the buyback battery fix? Do the 2022 have dcdf?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

gwrtheyrn posted:

They're all lemon lawed. If you look around the seattle area dealers, there are a ton of MY19+ bolts that are lemon lawed. If you (and the dealer) were eligible for the used tax credits, there were some going for as low as like 14k or something silly for a vehicle with like 5k miles

i'm lookin at a 2022 with 5k mi and its about 16k after the rebate, which is insanely good and almost a straight one to one if i sell the gti private party

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Maybe it needs a brake fluid change

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cockmaster posted:

It seems that according to the latest rumors, Tesla's Shanghai factory is going to shut down over the Chinese New Year holiday to retool for limited production of the Project Juniper Model Y. For anyone thinking of buying one and wondering if the redesigned model would be worth waiting for, being able to see the final design relatively soon would be helpful in making an informed decision.

After only three or four years? That shouldn't happen either.

Reminds me of how Nissan specifies that the Leaf have its brake fluid changed every 15,000 miles. When questioned, a Nissan representative claimed that it's related to the regenerative braking system, but couldn't elaborate further (which is complete bullshit seeing as the regen brake means less work for the hydraulic brakes):

https://insideevs.com/news/322861/exclusive-heres-why-nissan-recommends-changing-leaf-brake-fluid-annually/

for ICE vehicles it's pretty common to start doing flushes after 3 years. and while a EV will use the brakes less it doesn't stop the fluid from by hygroscopic.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Elviscat posted:

I don't wanna sound like a jerk, but the mushy pedal in that Bolt isn't just the little bit where it bumps the regen up at the first ~1/2 inch of travel, right?

3 years would be a crazy short life for brake fluid, I last replaced the brake fluid in my Ranger when I did it for my dad, when I was 17.

That brake fluid is almost old enough to drink, and the brakes work fine.

its such an easy thing to do and the fluid is also so cheap that i'd never even question the necessity for it

do you want me to show you the vw maintenance schedule?

im not sure that bragging about your old brake fluid is actually worth bragging about and they'd probably work better if it was flushed even if you think "it's fine"

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Elviscat posted:

I should probably flush the brakes, but dealer service schedules are incredibly conservative.

E: manufacturer

to be fair the bolt manual says 150k miles for brake fluid which is absolutely absurd imo

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Failson posted:

My used Bolt also didn't have a front plate frame, despite being in a front-plate-state all it's life.

I ended up buying a Cravenspeed Platypus, it mounts to the tow hook socket.

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/1A89E45C-1898-4C5A-B25E-69CD6AD13B79?ingress=0&visitId=2d497a88-a8ca-43e1-b611-4a9f9b74f8e8

Bit of a rant, but I see tons of cars lately (and Tesla's especially) without front plates in Washington state. As far as I can tell, front plates are still required for all cars.

The bigger problem is that the cops have given up doing their jobs and not enforcing the plates at all and it's very common to see cars every day with zero plates whatsoever

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Elviscat posted:

As far as I can tell, Washington has never cared about front plate enforcement, I got pulled over for speeding multiple times as a dirtbag teenager, and SPD and WSP didn't even bother to add the missing front plate to the tickets.

They need to stop doing that temp paper yeah bullshit though, half the time they're completely illegible behind the rear window's tint, other states have figured out how to issue plates same day.

i've been ticketed for it twice, once while parked in tacoma and another time when i caught a speeding ticket.

they've updated the paper temp plate law (as of mid 2023) so you now have to get a temp plate that goes in your normal spot but guess what? cops still dont enforce anything so scumbags are still driving around without plates doing who loving knows what

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

priznat posted:

It’s good but looks small, like Mazda 5 size. Which is great for a lot of people but I would rather have something odyssey/sienna/carnival sized.

The us version is a 3 row so it's big

Wish there was something like Honda element ev sigh

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Element ev element ev element ev

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Celexi posted:

Don't forget all the coal rollers and dpf remove that are all over, thankss Washington state for removing emissions testing.

this existed long before they got rid of testing

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
makes no sense why anyone would come up from oregon to wa for that...they're still stuck with their own testing regiment if their vehicle is registered in oregon.

the reason you see more is because nobody will ever take the car back to stock after this is done, poo poo is permanent and the next owner keeps doing the same poo poo the last guy did

anyway crush 90% of quarter/half ton trucks

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

QuarkJets posted:

Don't listen to 3O

Just a good policy all around regardless of topic

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
dealers are supposed to be able to do the rebate directly from the purchase price in 2024...whether or not they know how to do it is another question entirely. we're going to look at a 23 bolt tomorrow and i'd like to get it if they can figure this poo poo out.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
a brand new bolt still qualifies

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
ready to buy a bolt but the dealer doesnt have the direct payment set up for the federal rebate smh

might just buy one out of state and have it shipped here, there's deals to be found in other states that make up for the shipping cost.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Psycho Society posted:

thinkin about euvs

whats euvs with you

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Oh hell yeah found a red Bolt in idaho, might be pulling the trigger

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Deal fell through on the red Bolt because these poo poo eating bottom feeders won't budge on sticking me with mandatory accessories

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Failson posted:

Congratulations! That's a fantastic deal.

I was just dodging downed trees and freezing intersections to get to work in my '17, they're great little cars.

Boooo! What are they pushing? Floor mats and clearcoat?

Window etching :nyd:
recovR anti theft (glorified airtag) :nyd:
Brake light pulse thing :nyd:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Kia Soul Enthusias posted:

The touching of the factory wiring harness is the thing that pisses me off

yeah they offered to take out the 600 dollar airtag "accessory" but wouldn't remove the 400 dollar brake flasher poo poo because it would "cost too much" (you shouldn't have put it in)

but also when it comes down to it they're also not really advertising it legally per idaho law, they have it discounted 1500 bucks but arent disclosing that discount is predicated on military/first responder (500) or using chevy finance (1k). they can gently caress right off with that poo poo.

i don't think this really satisfies the legal requirements:

quote:

* The estimated selling price that appears after calculating dealer offers is for informational purposes, only. You may not qualify for the offers, incentives, discounts, or financing. Offers, incentives, discounts, or financing are subject to expiration and other restrictions. See dealer for qualifications and complete details.

as i think they are supposed to spell out what the individual discounts are.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
https://x.com/dril/status/1748549523084021896?s=46&t=rZSKUeck7nSOXV1R21vtWw

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Xiahou Dun posted:

Who is the target audience for this?

musk/Tesla dickriders

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Got a lead on a buyback 22 bolt with 11k miles for 22k-4k for the rebate. Single owner and clean title, but was a Michigan car... avoid or go for it? Normally I'd avoid rust belt cars but it was only driven there for a year and a few months

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
well during my 30 day probe i finally acquired a new 2LT Bolt from a dealer in pdx, had to stay overnight because they dont loving charge cars (wtf) before they put them up for sale

great car, love it, no ragrets

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

FISHMANPET posted:

The dealership I got my EUV from was about 75 minutes away from my house. I called in the morning before I went down there to confirm they still had the one I wanted, and the salesperson later informed me that after that call ended she immediately plugged it in so it would be charged for me to drive it home that day.

In other words, skill issue (on the part of the dealer).

Yeah it's definitely their fault but I think all of these dealers should be in the habit of charging them up to almost full as soon as they hit the lot. It's not like its gas which will go bad if it sits too long

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
drove my wife's bolt to work today because i had to drive a lot further than my normal 5mi commute and its so great to drive. managed 4mi/kwh easily over the 60mi drive

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
im still scratching my head about spending money on a dedicated wall mounted charger...my bolt came with the optioned accessory L1/L2 charger and its been working great. i got the qmerit free 240v install done last week and the chevy charger does 40amp charging no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
yes, we get it, you are an stuck up oval office

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)