Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The Question IRL posted:

Do you have Batman focus his attacks on Bane’s mask, a possible weakness that was foreshadowed at the start of the film? That by damaging it, Batman takes away Bane’s pain relief to give him the edge?

That is LITERALLY the turning point in their rematch. He fucks up the mask, Bane freaks out, and goes berserk trying to end it quickly because he's already fading and Batman just wears him out and overcomes him.

:confused:

By all means, criticise it for its actual flaws but don't make poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Dawgstar posted:

It really does feel like Wright's secret ingredient is Simon Pegg.

Nah, it's Nick Frost.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Shirkelton posted:

Cole Young.
Kuai Liang.

Oooooooh, okay that would be...

..cool.

Great to see Jax, Mileena and Kung Lao are already in. Still, given Scorpion, Sonya, Bi Han, Liu Kang, Kano, Goro, Shang Tsung and Raiden all appear in the trailer, it does feel odd that Hollywood's brightest star and greatest nutpuncher is seemingly the only OG guy absent. I guess they realised they can't top the original film's Goro ballsmash moment.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Fangz posted:

There's a MK canon that people actually care about?

No lie, the MK11 expac story that's just a couple of hours of Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa hamming it up being a devious, smug poo poo to everyone was more entertaining to me than any superhero film of the last 10 years.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vintersorg posted:

The lore in MK is REALLY important now and it's basically 2+ hour long movies in each game.

MK 2011 is a reboot of everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URUJPTpZXnE&t=281s

MK X continues things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWL55Np1s2s

And MK 11 is the latest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdEi4lr4lMQ

It's schlocky b-movie, Shaw bros stuff and is very entertaining.

Tsk, don't forget the best part of MK 11:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZt5ec-kNC8

"We can't trust him! He'll betray us!"
"I'm just waiting for you to stab us in the back, sorcerer."
"The fools have allied with Shang Tsung, he will be the end of them."

"Who? Me?"

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Gavok posted:

MK11: Satan's Mom is pissed and wants to reboot the timeline without Dumbass Thunder God there to annoy her. She causes some time rifts and everyone gets to meet their MK2 selves. Everyone hates their counterparts except for Scummy Cyborg Crime Boss, who totally wants to bang himself. Chosen One Bruce Lee, the other Chosen One Bruce Lee and Dumbass Thunder God do a Fusion and save the day.

Then, via DLC, one of the evil sorcerer guys shows up and goes, "GREAT SCOTT, MARTY! We have to go back to the future! But you have to give me the car keys and not question a single thing I say despite the fact that I'm the least trustworthy character in this series!"

Hey now, you forgot to include that he reunites the series most adorable, loved up power couple for one of the greatest love stories ever told.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vintersorg posted:

Had to look up who those two even were.

Also :lol:

Ed Boon had not yet decided on a name for Daegon prior to E3 2006, as he was codenamed "Doug".

Should have kept that.

"Now only Mokap, Ermac and Noob Saibot stand between the ancient, eldritch demi-god Doug and multiversal domination."

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

X-O posted:

Are those real Mortal Kombat names?

Don't be silly, there's no one called Doug in Mortal Kombat. Now *that* would be ridiculous.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Mileena's MK11 ending is second only to Jax's, it's just the sweetest, most wholesome thing (er, apart from all the people she kills once she's Queen of Time). She finally gets the loving family she always wanted. Let that be a lesson to you, Kitana.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

site posted:

e: this is quite possibly the worst thing ever

Oh no, the worst thing ever is reading claims WB started making an MK Ultra Girls show and had half a season in the can before getting cold feet, thus cruelly denying us all Cassie, Jacqui and Frost going to Outland High, and lovable scamp Mileena pranking her stuck up sister every chance she gets while wine mom Sindel laughs.

Sure, it must be a hoax or marketing gag (as if Frost is ever getting a spotlight) but then again, some coked up execs were going to make an Aliens cartoon at one point so maybe, just maybe...

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm pretty sure that the tell there is a kids show being named after a CIA program where a bunch of people got dosed on mind altering drugs against their will.

Oh for sure. But given the last few years already feel like some kind of insane fever dream fuelled by mind altering drugs...

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vintersorg posted:

They didn't make a Hellraiser cartoon but I'll never forget in Grade 2 some kid letting me borrow his! The only panel I can remember is some guy walking into a barn and a bunch of bodies are strung up with metal and bloodied. Then some rock n roll demon with a guitar yelling I LOVE KILLING or something.

Comic book stores just didnt care back then. :3:

One day, little Kirsty Cotton found her Uncle Frank's puzzle box and opened a magical doorway into a world full of mystery and cool, exciting new friends! Tune in for Hellraiser Adventures!

Lets pitch it, the worst they can do is say no.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

site posted:

i mean, after this i probably would've checked it out. dc super hero girls is pretty fun

Exactly. If it is true and they really did make half a season, may as well just release it and see what happens. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't but it's just a waste otherwise. I can already picture Jade & Kitana being insufferable besties while Mileena and Skarlet skulk off to hang out by the bike sheds with the kool kids.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Madkal posted:

I just rewatched Forever and Batman flat out kills Two Face. Two Face is on some railing and flips his coin. Batman throws a bunch of coins in the air to confuse Two Face (who again is standing on a rail) and Two Face lunges forward to catch any coin and falls to his death. Batman is all like "oh well, that happened and lets move on now"

I've never been hung up on the movie Bats body count thing. However, what does irk me whenever this subject comes up here is the disingenuous and bad faith takes of the various situations that completely ignore context and intent around the proceedings. In the situation you refer to, 3 people are hanging on for dear life with a guy about to shoot them even if they don't fall. Batman throws a bunch of coins to spoil the toss but that's hardly the same as, say shoving a soon-to-explode bomb in someone's pants, or opening up with Gatling guns and rockets at a bunch of goons.

Same with the Adam West 'kills' - he punches them and they immediately cease to exist because it turns out they were 'molecularly unstable', who the gently caress would have predicted that? Or when an exhausted and literally just shot Bale throws himself at an armed man who's about to shoot a child in the face - he's not thinking "Imma go waste that sucker", he's trying a last ditch Hail Mary to save a kid.

The way some folks paint such distorted pictures, you'd think all the live action Batmen just cruise around looking for ne'er-do-wells to strangle and/or riddle with bullets when that isn't the case at all, even with Affleck's Bats. The closest for it is Keaton, who comes across as completely insane at times.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Madkal posted:

Movie is pretty fresh in my brain (mostly for the scene where the replayed the acid being thrown in Harvey's face and Batman is there like he was just chilling with the jury before the incident) and yes Batman did a whole dive down to save Chase and Robin but by the time Two Face shows up to shoot all of them they are chilling on a railing just below the railing Two Face is on. All three are standing up and being supported on their own two feet. When Two Face falls they all kind of just watch him plummet. Now I am not saying Batman should have dived down again to grab Two Face but they could have bullshitted him just firing a grappling hook or something into Two Face's leg.

Here's the scene again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjOcYSzGMD4

Fair play, I recalled them ledge hanging v ledge standing wrongly as it's years since I saw it but I still maintain context matters. You seriously think the #1 thing on Batman's mind in that moment is to kill him and not just prevent them all from getting plugged? Especially given everything about Kilmer's portrayal, the lack of violence compared to Keaton's version, the speeches he keeps giving to Robin, etc. No sooner had he used up three grapples catching them and pulling them all to safety then Harvey's waving a gun in their faces. He'd already used his chonky batarang on Nygma's McGuffin before jumping after Chase and Robin, I dunno what more you'd expect him to do, he's not Superman.

Most of the films delight in putting Batman in impossible/inescapable, compromising situations and I have no problem with it. Keaton's the only one I'd consider actually murderous though because he racks up a body count with intent, and without it being necessary. The rest could not be considered executioners at all.

Anyway, the biggest crime any Batman committed was Adam West not saving Jill St John when she snuck in disguised as Robin imo. That reactor would not meet OSHA standards.
:colbert:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Blockhouse posted:

Fun fact: Batman is an afterthought because Keaton had script control and cut out like 2/3rds of his lines.

My dude was in that movie for the 10 mil and did not give a fuuuuck

Which is funny as his intro scene has stuck with me as one of the classic, quintessential Batman moments: it's Christmas, everyone else is out and about excited for the holidays and this poor bastard is just slumped lifelessly in a chair, alone in the dark. He's got everything and nothing until the signal kicks in and he's suddenly springs to life, or at least what passes for it.

Batman Returns may not be a great Batman film per se but it's a great film with Batman in it. It's pretty much 'This Be The Verse': Christmas fetish gear edition, all these poor broken people messed up by family in one way or another.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vintersorg posted:

I remember Batman Returns turning me off vichyssoise (I thought it was pea) soup as cold sloppy peas leeks sounded so disgusting. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QysaxLeOcnQ

I remember being in Barcelona one time for a works thing, the 4 of us trapesed around for what seemed like hours trying to find a place with decent vegan options for our boss. Finally, we found somewhere getting on for 10pm at this point and I was ravenous. I ordered some soup, desperate for it to arrive asap. Instead, it seemed to take another 30-40 minutes before any of our food turned up...

..and it turns out it was a cold, pinkish soup. Were I not surrounded by people, I'd have howled to the skies and shaken my fist at the gods in despair, it was loving hideous.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Lurdiak posted:

I'm perfectly happy assuming the Robocop remake from 2014 is crap without actually watching it, for example.

It's not a patch on the original but it does have an absolutely incredible body horror scene and a few genuinely good satirical moments. It was always on a hiding to nothing though, the first film had the likes of Ronny Cox and Kurtwood Smith chewing up the scenery like there's no tomorrow while the bad guys in the remake are Just. So. Boring.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
So those of you who've seen the film, is there a decent, 'normal' length film in there? Could Snyder have chopped out 60-90 min and still make it work or is it all stuff that had to stay in to remain coherent?

Codependent Poster posted:

Leto is best in Fight Club and Panic Room. Because Fincher has him beaten to a pulp in one and shot in the face in the other.

My fav Leto moment is definitely when Batman goes hog wild on him with an axe while 'Hip To Be Square' plays.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Alright then, you bastards, you convinced me to give it a go so here it is. Before we get underway, I really liked MoS (tornado scene excepted) until the World Engine and things became a mind-numbingly boring mess of tentacles and things pinballing around grey, grey buildings that kinda soured me on the whole thing. As for BvS, I only saw it once, the Ultimate version, and disliked pretty much everything about it bar Lex. And no, I never bothered with the previous version of Justice League.

Now yes, I did spend a lot of time laughing at this flick because it does have some baffling decisions and some hilariously awful line readings. Roose Bolton, Lord of Luddites trying to blow up the Old Bailey only for Diana to be there was so strange. And showing your Ultimate Overriding Super Deadly Bad Guy getting owned by an axe-wielding David Fuckin' Thewlis and getting whisked away like a chump sure is an 'interesting' decision as far as inspiring dread goes. Undermining the lovely scene between Martha and Lois with the immediate nonsensical fan service reveal bugged me no ed, and similarly I didn't care for Bruce in the Amazing Spider-Tank machine gunning the crap out of things, at times it felt like like he didn't contribute much more than Alfred. And quite honestly, whenever my mood is low henceforth, I am glad I can remind myself that the Atlanteans and Amazons placed their pieces of the All Powerful Doom McGuffins in an undersea temple at the bottom of the ocean and huge stone tomb ready to be buried at a moment's notice respectively...while Mankind/some rando Vikings/whoever just went to a forest, dug a wee hole and decided "yeah lads, that'll do it. Pub?"

But while there is lots to laugh and/or scratch your at...I honestly found a lot here to like. Barry was kind of an annoying fuckup but did get better as he went on and had some incredibly cool scenes visually, probably the standout. Vic's story really held things together nicely I thought, and I loved Aquadude as the patron saint of coastal towns, idiot fishermen and chonky jumpers, even if he seemed to be a durable punchbag for the most part. I was surprised by how much I liked Affleck's Bruce compared to his previous outing, he really surprised me, and it was grand seeing Cavill one last time, even if he did look like a literal human action figure with his shirt off, so ripped you could see the lines and points of articulation, goddamn. Diana was a tour de force carrying the team for the most part but drat, some of Gadot's line deliveries caused my physical pain.

And as far as the antagonists go, no complaints, other than it is a shame none of it's gonna be followed up on because after this sure, I'd be down for a Legion of Doom and/or Darkseid invasion story. Ah well, never mind.

Visually, fair dues, it looked wonderful and almost mythic for the most part, the odd dodgy CG shot notwithstanding. Some odd, unexpected things like the mournful lamenting folk song as Arthur buggers off back to the sea which was weirdly yet nice, the mega buff Amazons sealing the tomb with their hammers. Really liked the soundtrack too, especially whenever the MoS themes kicked in There are a fair few things I'd change here and there (scrap everything after Silas' speech ends in the epilogue, dump both scenes with Barry's dad and also Diana in London, omit the 8th league member cameos completely - I love that character but nah, save it for 'next' time), ease up on the excessive slow-mo moments but overall, it was Good. Easily the most I've enjoyed of Snyder's comic book stuff to date, an outcome I definitely was not expecting. It actually did come across like a pantheon in the making, a properly mythic quality to it at times.

Oh and as for the 4:3 thing, while I mocked it when I first heard, I probably stopped even being aware of it after 15 minutes. So yeah, thumbs up, would watch again, would have watched another one. Still hate Batman's puny little ear nubs, tho.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

theironjef posted:

Reverse that last one and you can just use it twice. Vulko gives the trident to MM pretending to be Aquaman, we see him transform to MM and then to Vulko, the exact same scene plays out again, we see him transform again. 4 hours and 10 minutes!

Then wrap it up with a scene where Clark talks to his mom before flying away. Martha then turns into J, and Clark turns into M. They look back and recognise each other sheepishly as they realise they've had about a dozen meetings just talking to each other the whole time.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
“So, what in a sense you’re saying is that there are certain situations where Zack can decide that it’s in the best interest of the film or something and do something un-cinematic?”

“Well, when Zack does it … that means that it is not un-cinematic.“

I kid, I kid. Like I said, after 15 minutes I was barely even conscious of it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Skyfall was a film I didn't love but it sure is one of the most beautifully filmed that I've ever seen, it's as good a candidate for that whole Every Frame A Painting thing as they come. Such incredible cinematography, it still baffles me how Deakins didn't get the award for it.

As for themes, the main theme I took from it was death. Starting with that shot of Bond looking in the mirror at MI6 invoking the Grim Reaper, where he literally looks like a skull with a thin layer of skin stretched over it, he goes on to achieve...nothing. He fails to retrieve the hard drive, he doesn't save the girl, he doesn't foil the antagonist, he isn't able to save M. He just zips from one disaster to the next leaving a trail of bodies and destruction in his wake because that's all he's good for. He's effectively an avatar of Death, he can't be killed but nor can he do anything but kill.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Alhazred posted:

I just can't come over the schoolgirl who has been through a very traumatic situation (including watching a guy literally explode in front of her) and yet all she can think of is to set up an inspirational quote from Wonder Woman. This is a movie that's very casual about violence (Steppenwolf is maimed, sish kebabed and decapitated and the ones who does it shown afterwards).

If there is a one percent chance a young hostage will see her captives get smashed to bits by Wonder Woman and think it's goddamn awesome, we have to take it as an absolute certainty.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
So to sum up: Tony Stark killing dudes threatening to shoot hostages is Wrong & Bad. Diana killing dudes threatening to shoot hostages is Cool & Good.

Glad we cleared that up.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Karloff posted:

Ah yes I suppose so. I guess I'd just rather watch his Arthur film at this point.

Time slows to a crawl as Arthur lovingly, desperately reaches out of the darkness for the whiskey decanter, CGI flames reflected in his yearning eyes. A downtempo version of '(Best That You Can Do)' plays over, sung by a sunken-eyed teenager who'd probably fly away if you sneezed in her direction.

Oh, wait. Okay, just switch out the whiskey for Excalibur, it'll still work.

CelticPredator posted:

Also as much as I worship the ground that sam Raimi walks I’m mad at him for getting Elfman for Dr Strange 2.

I don’t want to hear a doofy doo doo version of the strange theme

Ah, FFS.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Patrick Doyle's Thor/Asgard/Yggdrasil theme owns, it's just a shame they rarely use it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vince MechMahon posted:

In general I'm against comic book movies making up characters that established characters would fit into. First off, it always reeks of CW style "we don't want to pay royalties." Second I just like seeing the characters I know on screen. I'm the guy who's still salty that they didn't just call Eckhart Bullock in Batman 1989.

Given Eckhart was taking payments from Gotham's crime boss then dies, I'm pretty happy that Bullock wasn't done dirty in the awful way you suggest.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vince MechMahon posted:

They never did Bullock anyway so who cares get him up there and get whoever made him a pay day.

I'd say actual fans of the character would rather not see him at all than a lovely version that doesn't do him a molecule of justice.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vince MechMahon posted:

We're getting into who counts as a real fan here, so I'm gonna dip out of this one.

Probably for the best. Maybe you're right though and, say, Renee Montoya fans would have loved it if the female detective in The Dark Knight who sells out to the mob and causes the assistant DA to be killed actually *was* Renee as opposed to Major Crimes Cop #2. Sure, she's a cowardly scumbag in it but at least she's in the film for a couple of scenes, right?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Vince MechMahon posted:

If other than the corruption she was exactly like Renee visually and attitude wise I wouldn't have minded this. But I guess I'm not a true fan. I also didn't mind any of the changes made in the Joker, but maybe they should have called that something else because it might have upset the real fans?

If they didn't want to associate Eckhart with Bullock they shouldn't have had him be a sloppy detective in a fedora and overcoat with a crude yet sardonic sense of humor.

And that is where we differ, Vince. If they're not going to remain true in spirit, personally I'd rather they just didn't bother. Killing Bullock before he has a chance to develop and redeem himself, having Montoya in Maroni's pocket and selling out her colleagues, having a Cassandra Cain who is so far removed from the character people loved in the first place as to more or less be someone else...I just find it lame, it's the worst kind of low effort fan service. "Look, it's that thing! Sure, it's nothing actually like the thing beyond its name and a superficial visual level but hey! Thing! They're here!"

For example, I doubt anyone minded Flass in Batman Begins. Visually, he was nothing like Flass from the comic - indeed, he was basically Eckhart 2.0, another schlub cop - but he absolutely was Flass where it counted, character-wise. And that's all I'm saying. As long as a character is (reasonably) in keeping with the spirit of the original in service to the story being told, that's what I'm looking for in an adaptation. And conversely, having Bullock be onscreen only to do some don's dirty work and die, the end would not bring me joy.

[insert 'furious 1000 word rant about why Keanu-Conjob is straight up trash because he actually learns his lesson at the end of the film and quits smoking instead of ploughing on through 3 packs of Silk Cut a day like an idiot champ' here]

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Aw yeah. I hope they have a scene to finally answer the question that has haunted me these last 35 years...

..just how does Razorfist go to the bathroom?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
*wakes up, makes breakfast, checks Movie thread, sees unanimous agreement*

:negative:

Noooooo, I was hoping so much this would be a good time. How can they have messed up so bad that folks are saying the 95 one is still better? FFS, the MK 9 - 11 story modes nailed a fun, hokey kung fu schlock vibe, the template is right there.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I dunno what surprised me more - a friendly, neighbourhood Venom or seeing that Stephen Graham’s in it. Anyway, I was digging the trailer till Woody started talking, not really feeling him at all.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

FilthyImp posted:

The writeup I read leaned really, really hard into "Native warrior woman" poo poo so I'm already kind of doubtful.

Maybe they'll Apocalypto it and have her survive only to deal with the scourge of the White Man, which might be enough to save it.

I get your wariness but at the same time, the original always did give of a strong vibe that maybe in an earlier draft Billy was actually the focal character only to be sidelined and killed off screen once Arnie signs on and does his thing. It would have cool if the final act was Dutch getting killed unexpectedly and it’s left to Billy to fight it alone. If this remake is more in tune with that it could be neat.

Related, apparently the Second Unit shot all the rebel camp stuff and McTiernan and his team were horrified at it being so unashamedly gently caress Yeah! slaughter porn by Dutch’s team but the shooting conditions were awful and they didn’t wan to do it all over again so it stayed. But the original intention was to have it be far less explodey and actually depict them as the specialist rescue team Dutch indicated they were.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

CelticPredator posted:

One ending they shot had the pod open up and Ripley or Newt was inside. Yes really. There’s photos of this.
:psyduck:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Davros1 posted:

Matt Berry as Doom

Doom stands before the assembled might of the Avengers, X-Men, Eternals, Guardians, and the Fantastic Four. The power cosmic courses through him, while the lifeless body of Galactus lies prone behind him. Finally, the silence is broken.
“Richards and I were buddies, weren’t we?”

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Jamesman posted:

I'm curious as to why '66 is top of the list, and Forever and B&R are all the way at the bottom.

Presumably because 66 is awesome whereas the other two are much less so.

Anyway, I still maintain Goons get hung up on imagined slights to the Occupy movement and miss the wood for the trees, ie that Rises works just well as a criticism of the Iraq occupation. Bane is a nuclear power backed by corporate interests in Dagget and Talia, and promises to liberate Gotham from its oppressors. Of course, it’s all a lie, they don’t give a gently caress about the people and instead deploy mercs in stare of the art military hardware on the streets, pursuing an agenda which will cost untold lives. Chaos ensues and a desperate native insurgency pushes back against them.

With the help of a knackered auld fella dressed as Dracula.

It’s totally a hot mess but I dig it for being such a strange mash up of ideas and classic Bat Greatest Hits mythos, plus Bruce finally learns to let go of all his bullshit.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Finally watched Black Widow and you guys weren't kidding, Flo was great as Yelena, she just about made up for the miserably Terminator-like Tasky. I wouldn't be adverse to seeing Olga again though, if they actually give her a personality and something fun to do next time. Really dug the messed up mom & pop coming good in the end too.

So yeah, nothing earth-shattering but I enjoyed it and would like to see those guys again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I didn't quite *love* it but I did really like it, I connected with it much more than I did either of the Guardians flicks. I have no idea who the hell Bloodsport is but I loved Idris in the role (and his Alien-esque helmet), along with pretty much all of Team 2. As the film neared the finale, I was in a state of dread over anything bad happening to Bloodsport, Ratcatcher, and KS even, the stakes for anyone but Harley felt pretty real. Probably the biggest surprise for me was Waller proving an even a bigger monster than Starro. Speaking of Starro, props to Gunn for sneaking a pseudo Slither sequel in here - Starro went from 'goofy comic badguy' to 'loving horrific cosmic terror' pretty drat fast here.

And yes, I'm totes down for the Peacemaker show now, Cena was great in this after being so flat in Fast 9. James Gunn sure knows how to get the best out of wrestlers.

GLOSS posted:

Good movie, but it pissed me off because there's no way Marvel can do a live action Squirrel Girl now because Gunn already loving nailed it with Ratcatcher.

Seriously. I kept thinking of D & T-T every time Cleo and Seb were on screen, they were an absolute delight.