Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Sirbloody posted:

Managed to get a Childe before pity last night and trying to figure out a decent team comp with him. I have 2 teams in mind but not sure how well they will work.

Team 1: Childe, Xing C1 (Or Diluc but I don't think I can have a good team with both of them on it) , Sucrose , and Bennet
Team 2: Childe, Xing C1 , Sucrose and Ningguan (C4 or 5 I cannot remember). No healer but hey shields

Team 1 would focus on vaporize Team 2 would focus on Elemental damage?

Currently I have the following unlocked: Childe, Diluc , Xing C1 , Ningguan C4 , Sucrose (C1 I think) , Beido C2 (or 3) , Barb C1 , Chong C1 , Noel (C1 or 2 ) , Diona , Amber, Keya, Lisa . Sadly it just might not be too viable for me to make a team dedicated to Childe just yet but I am trying to see what my options are.

Diluc+chong can carry the whole b-team, and chong doesn't play nice with childe anyway.

Childe likes sucrose for vv since all his damage is hydro. Xing is another good one because of the bonkers energy generation and xing ult. Could also do Beidou for burst when childe melee is down . I like your team 1 childe/xing/sucrose/bennet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Xiangling is great because she's the "best" carry you're guaranteed and also an amazing support, so if you level her for one role she can slide over to the other.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Batigh posted:

Hey, y'all, anyone have advice for dodging the Oceanid's water bombs? I-framing through them with bursts prevents the damage just fine, but it doesn't seem to count as 'not getting hit' for the new achievement. The same seems to be true for the 8-3 no-hit achievement, as i dodged the cryo flower's ice spin via burst i-frames once and (unless I didn't realize I got tagged later) that also didn't trigger.

You can float above the explosions with Venti, I assume you can do similar standing on the geo mc pillar.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Araganzar posted:

So I have Venti C0 (Anemo+EM+ATK+recharge), Diluc (Pyro+Crit+ATK), Fischl C6 (Electro+ATK+EM) and Barbara C6 (HP+HP+HP+HP). They all have the artifact sets (VV, witch, Thunderbird, healing). My backups / abyss team additions are Xiangling C3 (pyro+physical+ATK), Jean C0 (anemo+ATK+CRIT with BP sword), Mona C0 (hydro+ATK+EM), Bennet C1 (ATK+heals) and Diona C3 (EM/recharge).

My usual pattern is fire off Venti's ult to group guys, then drop the bird with fischl, then attack with Diluc. If I need to, I work in Barbara for wet, healing, or to buff Diluc with the tales catalyst. It feels to me based on all the various infodumps on reactions recently that I should be doing this differently but I thought I wanted to maximize the multiplication of Diluc's E and Q.

I guess I don't want to micro manage this but I would like to know if I'm doing anything dumb in terms of leaving huge chunks of damage on the table.

It also feels like water reactions are pretty important, I have C6 Xinqqui unlevelled, should I work him into a team or try to get Tartaglia or both? My abyss team is usually Jean/Diluc/Mona/Barbara and Venti/Xiangling/Fischl/Bennet.

Please use your c6 xq with Diluc

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Osmosisch posted:

What percentage of a character's damage output should be elemental for this to make sense? Like Diluc for example feels like he's doing about 50/50 physical and fire except during his ult.

The only time you want phys damage imo is on Razor/Xiang Crescent Carry/Phys Klee. Every other time you want the element. And they're both better than atk because they're multiplicative multipliers and it's usually harder to find dmg then atk. Also dmg modifiers apply to your feather while atk does not.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

AweStriker posted:

Physical Klee? That doesn’t make sense to me since she can’t deal physical damage.

Flair posted:

Did you perhaps meant Phys Keqing rather than Klee?

Yeah, that's what I meant. Got the first letter right, good enough

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Bland posted:

Tbh I don't have Razor so I didn't realise he was so dependent on superconduct. If that's the case then I'd definitely switch Razor out for Keqing ASAP because man does it feel bad to have to use Kaeya.

In the Razor vs Kequing debate do not be fooled into thinking that they're both electro. Razor is actually the best physical damage in the game. Keqing can be made a physical attacker too, but it's a bit of a gimmick and she's better off going electro.

Anyone doing white damage is going to be "dependent" on superconduct because it is a bonkers damage increase that is suboptimal to ignore, just like pyro characters ignoring vaporize/melt.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

ElMudo posted:

We better get to find it eventually.

The real Unseen Razor is the friends we made along the way.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

inthesto posted:

I bought the BP pass last cycle and I don't regret it. But now that I've got an incredible surplus of mora and exp books (made even larger by the Fischl event), I'm probably not gonna buy it again.

It was definitely a worthwhile purchase my first time when I was constantly gated by materials, but I think I'm good now.

For now...

But yeah, the Welkin and BP are by far the "best value" There aren't enough ironic quotes

The Welkin is great when you need characters, but for doing things with whoever you pull the bp is tops. Keep in mind that you can't grind to catch up, you can get at most 10 levels a week, and the items are back heavy so it's much less worth it if you don't think you'll finish the whole thing.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Drakes posted:

Honestly don't stress over a full clear, just focus on the crown and gold books. If you still have spare resin then the silver books.

Just the crown really. Gold/silver books are the same, and silver actually is better if you have whoever the book talent crafting character is.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

padijun posted:

mostly whether to make the black sword better or take the viridescent hunt. I have venti, childe, and fischl, and a r2 sacrificial and r3 favonius. jean is using the black sword.

Imo it's always better to get a weapon you need then refine one. Especially in this case because the jump from Bp bow to favonious is gigantic for childe.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Corla Plankun posted:

Is there any solution to Ice Slimes and the armored turbo churl guys that isn't just raw DPS? Even with Ningguang and Chongyun to bust the shields it takes me FOREVER to kill those two kinds of mobs.

edit: I did just cross a WL threshold so probably it will get easier but gosh it feels bad right now.

Fire will burst the ice slime shields faster than geo, and for the beefy churls there's not really a secret. Big Sword, geo, or explosion (overload/klee)

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

awesmoe posted:

chongyun seems like he'd be decent support with my childe/beidou/bennet crew? childe wouldnt get the + sword/claymore bonuses but the other two would. Not sure if making beidou's attacks into cryo would be synergy or anti-synergy tho - does it overwrite the electro attribute from her e, or would it give everything superconduct and be amazing?
e: looks like it's only 2 seconds so it barely matters

Chong is a great support for dps bennet but doesn't really synergize with childe/Beidou due to cryo's best reactions being Superconduct and Melt which they can't take advantage of.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

awesmoe posted:

booo
the quest for a perfect 4th continues

It's Qiqi. It's always Qiqi.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
My contingency plan if my razor dies is c6 Barbara. I don't bother with a backup because razor is so greedy and nothing is immune to big sword.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Tae posted:

*Bounty with physical immunity enters the picture*

My contingency there is klee + xq

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Tae posted:

Craftable catalyst/spear/great sword all have 60% chance to proc a aoe ice every 10 seconds.

On a pure dps, Pike is still better because of the busted interaction with its attack proc.

A phys dmg big sword that applies cryo? Is it called "ThisIsForRazor"

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

zgrowler2 posted:

Other things equal, do I want crit rate or crit dmg on a helmet? Asking for Klee and Childe, but a general answer also works. Klee is 2 glad / 2 witch, Childe is 4 troupe. tia

Other than the 1:2 ratio said before, klee and especially childe want to err on the side of crit rate because they have abilities that trigger on crit

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

John Lee posted:

I got three Chongyuns from this recent banner, but I know he's very picky about team composition, since he makes everything Cryo. What's a good general concept for a team with him in it?

If anyone's up to giving specific characters recommendations, here's my loadout:

You'll definitely want to run him with sucrose, his gimmick loves vv and her em buff.

As a carry he wants xq, who you unfortunately don't have. I think your best way to proc wet so you can go to shatter town is Barbara.

As a support, he's godly for dps Bennett, good for Diluc, and not really great for anyone else

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Tenik posted:

I'm having some trouble doing the AR 45 domain for the Crimson Witch artifacts, mostly because my DPS are pyro or electro. Can someone recommend a party that can take care of the slimes there?

Any domain you don't have the right carry for the answer is "be Venti in coop"

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

acumen posted:

Is it worth it to swap to an unleveled Razor C1 now instead of my lvl60 Chong? Or is it not that huge a dps increase? I'm running Xiangling/Fischl/Barbara as my other three.

Razor is the best at applying big sword, if that's what you want to do. He's considered one of the best carries because in the hardest content (abyss 12) he can clear the debuff on himself and the enemies there are weak to physical.

You can pretty much slot him right into your team because he likes the value xl/fish brings while off the field since he wants to be on the field at all times. You would want to think about swapping a cryo on for Superconduct but they don't need to be leveled.

For Chong do you happen to have XQ? He's really the thing that enables chong carry to work the best.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
The A4/16 leveling is just the sweet spot for damage/xp. Like it's better to have your carry at 80 with 16 artifacts instead of 90 with 20's because you get comparatively more dmg from being able to have your support at 60 with 16's. But once you get there on everyone, you'll still get good results raising everyone including supports.

Like XQ is an amazing vaporize support at level 1, but you add a lot of damage going to A4. Going even higher gets it even nuttier.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

No Wave posted:

Crimson witch for Diluc is by far the most upsetting thing to grind because it's a 4-piece for an important character and nobody else wants much of it (Xiangling and Klee only want 2 pieces, Bennett doesnt want it at all). Even hydro domain is less tilting because the other set is usable unlike Lavawalkers. Crimson Witch is also the longest most suck domain with no fun parts.

Dps Bennett definitely wants Witch

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

If they did not want people to focus on DPS to the exclusion of all other stats they should stop giving content timers to artificially introduce difficulty. Let someone take 20 minutes to beat a Spiral Abyss level if they want and still get the rewards.

Unfortunately the options for difficulty in genshin are either time constraints forcing max deeps, or extremely annoying mechanics requiring shields. There's not much they could do to add difficulty that feels"fair"

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

BexGu posted:

So this is my current roster:

I've been running Diluc/Xiangling/Fishcel/Barbara but since I recently got Albedo & Bennett I've been looking for some new team comps to try. Any good suggestions?

The Diluc/Bennett is a great core of a team and you can throw anyone around them.

If I was doing maximum tryhard I would do Diluc/Bennet/Anemo MC/Kaeya

Bennett Ult, MC swirl for pyro vv debuff, Kaeya Ult, Diluc goes ham.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Clarste posted:

What exactly is the damage multiplier for hitting a weak point anyway?

No Wave posted:

It's just a standard crit, so 50% at a minimum.

Hitting a weak point gives you an extra +50% DMG that is additive with the other dmg sources like a goblet. It does not go in the crit modifier.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Doesn't the initial hit apply cryo which would give the frost flake the buff must of the time?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Nakar posted:

It sure is.

Strongly tempted to run Blizzard Strayer on Tartaglia too. Pop ranged Q into Ganyu Q, go melee and blender everyone, fill his downtime with Ganyu permafreeze shots thanks to eternal Riptide. Any threats they can't handle up close, just go Total Ranged Initiation since they're both bow characters and anything not immune to Freeze basically can't do anything about it.

That actually sounds like a great idea. Sure you're losing out on the 45% dmg from depths, but he still has over 100%+ dmg from rust+gob+ascension. Just load up on crit dmg and go to town.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Black cliff is good on ganyu, but I feel you need to go all in on 4pc cryo set and a crit dmg hat.

You get 55% crit on cryo'd enemies with resonance, up to 75% on frozen. That lets you just go all in on crit dmg.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

No Wave posted:

Frozen seems like it just doesn't really work for Ganyu. Like you can run a mona to pop her Q every so often it's totally fine but you just can't keep anything wet for long.

The obvious solution is to get C4 Childe for basically permanent hydro. Ez pz.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
The two problems with KB+M is that the horizonal send is different from the vert and there's no way to make them equal, and that the sens options are narrow.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Archonex posted:

This reminds me, i've seen people recommend Keqing over Razor. Is that accurate? I kind of have my doubts. Also, given the spotty nature of the description of the skills is her electro damage conversion workable with stacking phys as well?

Phys Keq is something you can run, but razor is just better at it. The only reason I would go for it is 1. You're low AR and you want to use the free proto and glad stuff you're given or 2. You have an aquila favonia you're dying to use.

You don't want to try and stack multiple dmg types if you can help it. Either commit to electro or phys.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I'm pretty certain Aquila Favonia is dramatically better than both of those if you're putting it on some sort of carry that actually wants to do DPS with the weapon (I think it would almost always be better than Black Sword). Granted, there aren't many sword carries currently (maybe just Keqing, though you can also make it work with Jean), but the raw attack still might make it superior to a variety of other options even in a support role.

Other than Phys Keq, Favonia doesn't have anything other than big base attack that sword dps wants because of its phys dmg substat and not great proc. It's best use is probably a stat stick for support Bennett or Jean.

Electro Keq and Melt Bennett both want Black Sword because getting Crit Rate + Dmg from a weapon is huge, big enough to offset the lower base attack

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Asimo posted:

The hypostasis event is bad and horrible since timed bosses who have brief and widely spaced periods of vulnerability are just a way to get frustrated by RNG loving you. Timed content in general is bad anyway which is why the Abyss sucks too. :colbert:

I also don't like how you can't really do reactions on the cubes, so it's more a stat check about how much damage can you put out in each 7 second window with a single character.

This event greatly favors putting everything in a lvl 90 char with +20 artifacts and going ham, as opposed to a full team of 70's with +16's taking advantage of game systems.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Skyward Pride is good for Xinyan and especially Razor because the procs are phys dmg.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Araganzar posted:

I feel like I've been sleeping on Razor. I see him a lot in co-op and he seems to own. And I have a ton of physical damage stuff that I pawned off Xiangling after never getting talent materials for her off Stormterror.

Razor is extremely selfish, which is great for coop where you only get one character. He's the premiere phys dmg in the game, his playstyle is apply cryo somehow, switch to him and proc Superconduct with E and then press left click as much as possible and his Q lets you left click faster.

Mang Tomas posted:

Whats Xinyan good for? She’s my only missing 4* that I might choose for 1.3.

Xinyan is a pyro claymore user who can make shields. She's nice if you need those niches, but I have then covered elsewhere so haven't really used her.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

dogsicle posted:

i never got into the thing of game/character resources being stuck in a discord so i haven't seen much about him yet that compares 1.2 builds to his prior phys sc stuff. freeze making both easy crit stacking and charge spam viable makes me think it's the better option, doesn't hurt that's it's more farmable than doing phys sc Kaeya with a Glad set.

Chong i'd assume uses Noblesse and BS, either mix or full set of one. i can't even get a complete 5* set of BS for Kaeya to begin with though

and then you can build 4pc BS Childe :aaa:

The best cryo freeze team is Kaeya carry, with chong to make all of kaeya's attacks cryo, xq to freeze everything with normals, and Jean for VV and healing.

You want Chong there because Kaeya's e and q are big chunks of damage and single damage scaling is better than split. Chong would want full noblesse because he's 40 energy and with Kaeya will be able to ult off cooldown, and xq wants 2/2 of either depths, noblesse, scholar, or exile depending on your ER situation.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Osmosisch posted:

Yes but Atk adds hundreds of percent to ult damage, right? Is the HP% multiplier applied after total DMG is calculated? It's a bit confusing.

I asked in the mathalos discord and the answer was that dmg and crit bonuses applied to the talent bonus hp damage. So if that's true it (atk*talentmult+hpdmg)*dmg_mult*crit

I have not really tested it because I'm in the process of building zhong up, so there's a slight chance this is misinformation from strangers on the internet.

Based on the gigantic multipliers I would assume atk is much better for ult but it's closer for stele and autos

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
If you hold Bennet e instead of tapping you're doing it wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Should I get Chongyun from the event, since he's the only one who I don't have? He'd probably be mostly useless for me, since I'd only use him for Cryo resonance with Ganyu, and his skill seems anti-useful for Ganyu, so it's prabably better to wait for Rosaria/Ayaka

Chong offers cryo infusion, which is a nifty skill to have. He'll pretty much be the best off-cryo in a freeze comp because he can get rid of their split damage. Plus benny/chong melt is nice.

Pairing with ganyu you'd probably want Diona or Qiqi, they're the only cryo who give her value other than resonance.