Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I am crossing my fingers that my favorite hangover-killing joint is open in 10 minutes, and not closed for NYD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

good suggestions for fun 2 player computer games for the gf and i?

not overcooked

Jackbox has their old You Don’t Know Jack games available for single-computer trivia competition. You’d be running a high risk of some reaaally outdated jokes and pop culture references, though.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Lol motherfucker’s name is now Bean Dad. His daughter’s going to call him Bean Dad.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

make the president of the united state of america coupons only jack

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Happy Birthday SB!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/kareem_carr/status/1348038527741800448?s=21

Chonky Primes.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Congrats Fiz!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I know new year weight loss goals, and wanting to work out seem to fail a lot, but I really need to lose some weight. I'm about at the weight I started with last year, but I had managed to lose 6 pounds over the year, and then I just put it back on, but I didn't really stick to a regimen or diet or anything. I'm essentially tied for the heaviest I've ever been, and while I'm not huge, I really want to get back to the weight I was at like 5-6 years ago.

I think I just need to be way better at holding myself accountable. I think what I mostly need to cut out is lots of mid-day snacking, and I'm going to eliminate drinking during the week. Hardest thing will be to stay motivated to exercise. I was good for the first 4-5 months last year and then work and life stress kicked into high gear and I just stopped. I'm giving my self a goal to lose 15 pounds by June 1st, which is like 3/4 of a pound per week, so I don't have to kill myself dieting, but I definitely need to stay conscience of how much I'm eating.

This is about where I'm at. I managed to keep Dry January going last week even with a coup attempt, so the next 20 days will be pretty downhill. Excercising's been tough because running in Wisconsin right now suuuuucks, Make sure to keep enough veggies around to make salads regularly and if you have cheat days, make sure they're "biscuit breakfast sandwich" and not "the rest of the pizza."

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Its Rinaldo posted:

:hfive: fellow lactose intolerant but constantly eating cheese and pooping a lot goon

This reminded me of the time I was drinking with a married couple, she’s lactose intolerant and he’s gluten intolerant. It was the last stop of the night, and I order deep fried cheese curds for the three of us forgetting that well, I’d probably be the only one eating them, which they soon pointed out.
I come back from the bathroom and she said “We talked it over, and we decided we’re going to have some curds.”

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

Mangialardo's, baby

Someday cured meats will be the death of me and that's okay

A restaurant nearby opened up a fancy charcuterie deli and I’ve spent almost $60 on incredibly disgustingly decedent dead pig there for myself.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

Kinda premature but this might be the Year of the Job for a few of us!

Apropro, because it is following the Year Of Job (biblical).

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My favorite Black Mirror episode is where the protagonist is the only one that sees discussions about anthology shows being hit or miss based on episodes as obvious and repetitive.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

a highlight from tonight's Jackbox:

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

::holds up a sign saying "J. Cole Went Platinum With No Futures"::

https://twitter.com/jarule/status/1354813075505836035

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

CannonFodder posted:

I never played any of the 3D Zeldae, will BotW be too much of a jump? This is also to the rest of y'all

Nah, if you’ve played any 3rd-person game where you can swing something to hit an enemy you’ve locked on to you’ll pick up the combat. Where BotW really shines is compared to many games that promise an “open world” but only unlock part of the map at a time. BotW starts off on Tutorial Island for about 2 hours, introduces about 80% of the core gameplay mechanics and concepts, then gives you a way to leave it with an idea of where to go next. Instead of following that bread crumb, you could try going to any of the 4 corners of the map instead. You’ll probably get your rear end kicked because of a few different reasons, but you can try.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Y’all got any recommendations for remote game night?

Our squad has pretty decent switch coverage so we’ve been playing stuff like Mario kart.

There’s usually between 3-8 of us.

Among us is alright but honestly gets stale pretty quick for our group.

Collaborative-ish stuff could be fun.

Jackbox and similar is always a nice option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZuBKD8ejps
this video has links to some good options like Codenames that are free online, more boardgame-style.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Dance Dance Revolution.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

April 26th, 2020 I was very hungover after drinking on Zoom with my friends the night before and decided to finish the last few episodes of Bojack. I was not ready for the ending to "The View From Halfway Down" to emotionally destroy me in that particular way.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Right now I just miss people so much. I miss doing bits in bars with my friends and putting a dumb song on the jukebox and having people tell me my clothes are stylin'. Yesterday I was remembering the time my friend and I went to a bar just off campus and struck up a conversation with someone that was about to head back to the South loving Pole for work and I started getting teary-eyed. I want that serendipity so goddamned bad.

seiferguy posted:

One big accomplishment for me is that I went all of January without having an alcoholic drink. I drank way too hard (probably 15+ drinks a week) during quarantine and going the month without it really helped the dependency of it.

I had a glass of wine last night and I think I can stop myself from constantly pouring another now.

whatup dry january even with a coup buddy! Although I had 4 beers yesterday and will probably match that tonight, because beer is very delicious and should be in my belly!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Timby posted:

My patient info board is, uh, kind of full and my doctor said I'm probably not going home until next week. :suicide:

Lemme know if you want me to find out Robin Vos's blood type and see about solving two problems for you.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Its Rinaldo posted:

Maybe? My eyes kinda glazed over the text with how uninterestingly generic it was. I got the gist of go here get arrows. I guess it was my assumption that you had to fight the guy

I'm trying real hard not to dumpster things in this game and give it a fair shake given how many people love it and not sound like a contrary canary

Honestly, in an open world game you might have picked the worst possible area to start. Want to explore a bunch? Can't climb, it's raining. Your local guide? Kind of a dick. The legendary hero's entire personality is "has a crush on Link."

I'd suggest exploring directly north or south instead. North has the Tech Lab or Death Mountain (which will require fire protection), south has a lot of area that isn't soft-gated by harsh weather. I'd wait on the divine beasts until you have a decent amount of equipment slots, hearts and stamina.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

I would like to talk about this recipe for jalapeno cheddar cornbread. I randomly stumbled on this, and it might be one of the most wonderful sites I've ever seen.
1. There's no loving bullshit story about the recipe. No vacation memories, no nostalgic trips to a kitchen from youth. Straight facts.
2. There's alterations to the core concept. Do you want muffins? Do you want to use a cast-iron skillet? That's covered.
3. It details the steps in a familiar Alton Brown style of wet-dry-mixins.
4. Do you just want the loving recipe? Click the 'jump to recipe' button.
5. Do you want to print the recipe? Not only is there a 'print the recipe' button that opens another page with just instructions, but you can toggle the picture on and off and adjust for how many servings you want which updates the ingredient measurements.

Oh, and the recipe loving bangs. I cut it in half, but will be running this back sometime this week.

edit:

Silly Burrito posted:

Because she sees this thread....check out Braksgirl's homemade king cake.

... trade?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

offer letter

thank god

i knew all i had to do was bitch in the TFF:CT

Yeah buddy!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

Politico did a longform piece on Nikki Haley if anyone needs something to pick at today at work

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2021/magazine-nikki-haleys-choice/

That lead is a gimmick that loving worked.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Timby posted:

Also, the wind chill in Madison is -20 right now. Kill me.

I took a "prove a point" walk, and when I got to the top of Wisconsin Ave anything past the Edgewater's balcony was just white. It looked like a video game level that just hadn't loaded, it was hilarious.

(I also meant to get all the way to the Union hahaha nope.)

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

A friend of mine just texted me "Hey do you want to play SMB (3d World)?" and we hung out for 30 minutes and beat a couple levels with him, his wife and I burning through my stockpile of extra lives while their kid interjected and it was super delightful. Get a Switch!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Nick Jr. Face posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh6Bc6j1zU4

Imagine getting ready to land and seeing the front of the runway from the passenger side

of his best friend's ride?
so no, I don't want your tail number
so no, I don't wanna give you mine

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

one of the better side-effects of the pandemic is that a lot of people have adopted dogs and cats, therefore increasing the amount of people sharing photos of dogs and cats.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Yesterday I learned what a Whipple procedure is because Turk didn't get to be the intern on one in the episode I watched. I had to look it up out of professional curiosity. (but not in a capacity that I know a way to get Timby ice cream, drugs or curds)

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

BlindSite posted:

I'm out of stuff to read.

Someone rec me a series.

The Callahan series by Spider Robinson, starting with “Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon.” It’s a bunch of sci-if short stories about the regulars at Callahan’s bar, a Long Island joint that sees aliens, time travelers, and horrible puns.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

[Bernie Sanders voice] THE YOUTHS ARE NOT SUCKING AND loving

https://twitter.com/taragolshan/status/1367848184039546880?s=19

I totally agree Senator Bernie Sanders, the reason I haven't gone on dates in the last 20 years is because of Covid.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

I keep a couple single-serving frozen pizzas for that exact "ugh, food now?" moment. There's a garlic chicken alfredo by Bellatoria that's awesome, especially with a touch of hot sauce or giardiniera on it.

Otherwise, I usually have leftover something in the fridge. Maybe cottage cheese, raisins, maple syrup and cinnamon as a snack if it's more of a midday hunger.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

swickles posted:

The Heat are a team I am comfortable rooting for, they just said Leonard can gently caress off indefinitely in no uncertain terms. I imagine there are lawyers and cap people trying to maximize their situation, which is expected, but they have effectively banished him.

Between the Heat bouncing the Bucks, a Jimmy Butler profile, and Dan Le Batard I've learned that the Heat actually just have that kind of culture. Work hard, embrace the struggle, and don't gently caress around.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Best first-party, AAA Switch games IMO: Mario Odessey, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart. There’s also the online subscription, where 20 bucks gets you basically the best NES and SNES games, online play, and some other cool games like Tetris 99 and Super Mario 35.

Best indie games: Hades and Baba Is You. Hades gets talked about a ton in this thread, Baba is You is a mind-bending puzzle game made by a goon. There’s different item blocks, and in each room different item blocks have different rules like “lava is hot” and “wall is stop” and “flag is win” and “baba is you.” In each level, you have to make the object that is you get to the object that is win.

Also, those rules are item blocks in the level, and you can move them around so “wall is you” and “lava is win” or just “wall is you and win.”

At some point, there is a very specific new word that makes you realize you actually never had a handle on the game and you were being played like a fool. I love it so much.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Quiplash social media contest for the Tuesday crew.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Guze posted:

Wisconsin is opening up more vax eligibility at the end of the month and I'm fat enough to qualify :cool:

Yesterday I was at 24.6 BMI and decided to continue attempting to lose weight, and that was rewarded today when my job sent my invite to get vaccinated next week.

Now I'm undoing that run by drinking some cold fuckin' beers. I contain multitudes.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If I lied and said I smoked 3 packs a day how would they prove I was a liar?

I mean, your voice would be a dead give-away...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZudxWdQNRg

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Can any of you the tech nerds itt recommend a good tutorial on Python?

Have you programmed before and want to pick up another language, or are you picking it up as a (very good!) first scripting/object-orientated language? There's a tutorial in the official documentation that's a good starting point for both. Afterwards, for a new programmer I'd work through Project Euler problems.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

In other news we just found out that our daughter was in contact with someone who has COVID, so we need to quarantine until the 30th. Hopefully nothing happens at all, but I'm wondering how well one dose of the Pfizer vaccine works if it does.

Big picture, immune systems are really complex and not intuitive. We hear "these vaccines are amazing, here is a high percentage efficacy!" and not a lot about what operates under the hood. Here's an excellent article around this idea. The question shouldn't be "can I get COVID a few days after receiving one dose?" but "when does the vaccine start protecting against the really serious side effects of COVID?" That answer... no loving idea!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

helping enshrine page 442 of the 2021 TFF Chat Thread the "getting my first vaccine shot tomorrow" page

prayer hands emoji

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

Highly recommend a 5 day March Madness weekend, highly recommend starting that weekend with Greenbush donuts, a vaccination, 2 hours of LMFAO’s “Shots” and a double of good Irish whiskey.