Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

WrightOfWay posted:

Sexually attracted to mature women, emotionally attracted to teenagers.

Sexually attracted to women resembling his estranged mother before she was murdered and emotionally attracted to women resembling his estranged sister before he abandoned her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Kitfox88 posted:

i mean aren't there multiple times in the series he explains why despite being cool robot arms they actually suck poo poo?

it's also just his pride. They're a reminder that he hosed up.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Moe is an art style, a creepy anime from the 80's can be "kawaii" but it's not moe

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Gripweed posted:

You’re all wrong, it’s Japanese for cute

we are all speaking English here

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Moe is when they develop a cartoon solely to sell action figures except in this case you have to hide them when you have company

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the second season introduced a character who is a child with huge tits

my god those are huge

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Shiroc posted:

There was a girl at my high school who looked as similar as an actual human can to the Dragon Maid character. I don't think she had a 9000 year old spirit or anything but she two classes behind me so I didn't anything about her other than how she looked and that she liked/was forced to wear really, really tight outfits.

totally normal regular post

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

net work error posted:

I think one of my favorite things is a bunch of characters having a bunch of Three Kingdoms knowledge

https://mobile.twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1519657568980770817

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Liu Bei rocks

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/133703

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Don Quixote, the first Isekai?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Darth Walrus posted:

'Cis' is the opposite of 'trans'. Just use that. It's easy.

if cis just means someone whose gender matches their biological sex you're only getting mad at the poster for not using the newest shibeleth

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

wolfs posted:

that’s most drag queens isn’t it

at this point the only common denominator for Drag Queens is "theater kid", but like 15 years ago, yeah totally

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Popy posted:

all ive seen of ZZ is bright shanghaiing a bunch of teens into service, and then i remember ZZ sucks and skip to 0080

ZZ is only good when they're on Earth

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

tenderjerk posted:

I could fix Chara Soon

I believe you, King.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1408489833329303557?t=WpBLl4HHS-oAilKt5Dkq_Q&s=19

WELL goons whaddya think about that huh?!1!1. You gonna call literally all of Hollywood weird sex perverts?!?!1!1:smuggo:

boy they are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel in terms of film adaptable IP huh:v:
the character designs look like that and people are suprised it's actually creepy?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

wolfs posted:

im pomu

i drank a bunch of twisted tea and watched pomu read a few chapters of “loving yamada at lv999!” (and then read some more) and it probably has a pretty good anime adaptation in the pipe

irl teens getting into relationships in mmos and discords now will probably lead to lots of gamer marriages and gamer breakups - its good the idea has now filtered into mangos
my friend's brother got a MMORG divorce but because e-real estate is so expensive now neither of them can afford to sell the house and move servers

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

looks like something from Death Note

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Honest Thief posted:

when did all cutesy anime started not fully drawing characters lips? there's always some blank space in the lower lips now

each line on a character's face adds one year of age

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

singular point is great but it is mostly the biggest nerds on the planet talking about esoterica. there's action, but that's not really the focus.

they're all hot tho

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Is the Gundam crouching?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Mathew Perry's best depiction to date is the baseball episode of Samurai Champloo.

The original Ukio prints are pretty funny

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Calibanibal posted:

part of the reason Japan is Japan is because real life sci-fi events keep happening to it. The black ships incident and the two atomic bombings are endless wells of shared cultural trauma to draw from and produce batshit insane media

and being spared from the mongols by Divine Wind, twice

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Lt. Bright, when commanding child soldiers: heh this rocks

Lt. Bright when his child is a soldier: 👉 *BANG*

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Shin Gundam is just Amuro's dad in a meeting trying to get funding for Project V

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

I really don't know what it is about SAC, but it's just way more enjoyable than most anime. The same with Bebop. They minimize the cutesy cartoon bullshit and intolerable slapstick elements and act like shows for grownups. I hate all of that animu big eyes uUUWwuUuUuUu crap.

It helps that GitS always has a super complicated plot with nuance. There's more of it out there among the medium, I'm just not sure where to start.

um excuse me they had an army of cutesy cartoon sidekicks

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

SexyBlindfold posted:

Are there any manga or anime (ones with significant audiences, that is) that include organized labor themes, even as a throwaway plot point? Off the top of my head all I can remember is Akko getting unionpilled in that episode of Little Witch Academia where the school service staff goes on strike, and the Dungeon Meshi manga (soon to be anime!!!!!!) where Chilchuck starts a union for halflings after adventurer parties kept using them as monster bait.

IBO has a serious union arc but like everything else in that series it ends grimdarkly for them

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

After I finish Turn A (also leftist) should I go with Galiric Heroes or Revolutionary Girl

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Casey Finnigan posted:

oh idk I never watched code Geass cause people said "code gay rear end" and I figured poo poo they might be right

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

At the time LeLouche reminded me of an anime version of the kid who hates Invader Zim

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

January 6 Survivor posted:

Between Kobeni from Chainsaw Man and the bartender from Akiba Maid War, I'm glad that finally it's time for the "absolutely worthless pathetic loser" girl to be moe, come on queens give us absolutely nothing and fail at everything you undertake, we're behind you 100%!

Akane Shinjo

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Darth Walrus posted:

Which version? There's so many.

the one with the disco theme hopefully

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

net work error posted:

I don't really remember much of the Dragon Ball series any more and I'm ok with that. Thanks for anime watching Goku.

I think more long-running series should do a sci-fi reveal. Imagine if in Season 16 we learned that Homer Simpson was an alien sent to destroy Earth

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Augus posted:

Ultra Instinct was pretty inspired tho and instantly became iconic

also I loved how the Broly movie animated the different super saiyan forms, between gold and red and blue they all moved and fought differently from each other. that movie was so good.
The newest movie is such a big let down not even a cameo from Android 21 could make up for it

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Please the new movie didn't even have the Great Saiyaman

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Between Utena and LOGH what should I watch if and when I ever finish Gundam

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

wolfs posted:

mob psycho 100 s3 / in general is recommended viewing

it’s about the emotional superpower of being a well adjusted emotionally mature human bean

that's least realistic anime protagonist I've ever heard of

War and Pieces has issued a correction as of 00:50 on Oct 21, 2022

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Mr. Lobe posted:

Clearly you never watched the seminal anime Doug

it's a onesie

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

christmas boots posted:

Although it is pretty funny when a serial killer goes viral and releases his manifesto about society being rotten to the core and everyone's like "well he killed a bunch of people, but you have to admit he makes some pretty good points"

Uncle Ted

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

is that Bart or Lisa with the book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

I can't believe they asked for the gayest Gundam and you didn't recommend Chars Counter Attack (followed closely by Wing)