Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Scathach posted:

These jackasses bought a new label printer that prints three labels in the time the old printer took to print 32 labels. But it's "nicer" and "cheaper" and somehow "faster." Gah.

Like come on. You're a legit weed company. One of the largest in the whole drat nation. Figure it out.

They should stop making purchasing decisions while hella baked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

So I’m on a 2 PIPs. 1 for productivity, because I spend the time during my calls fixing everyone else’s mistakes.
I’m about to put together my HR manifesto in response to that one, because my complaints about the same things over and over again keep getting attributed to my direct sup. It is not his fault. The same poo poo has been going on since being here.

I am trying to figure out if using the words “medical negligence” is the correct phrase, since I am fixing issues with requests for authorization for medical procedures and all of these gently caress ups in multiple departments, mostly due to poor training, mean providers are unable to provide medically necessary services.

Is there a different legal sounding phrase I should use? Because this poo poo has got to be something we can and SHOULD be sued for and I have notified absolutely every superior that I can. It’s like freaking dear in headlights anytime I explain the logical outcome from all of this though, I swear.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

security camera footage

Excellent!

Gin_Rummy posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that these people are of a certain generation... that's definitely the case at my work.

This is every generation at my job. I’ve had a 4 day weekend and I am not ready to go back tomorrow. And I still haven’t put together my massive email to hr, found out how to file a report with the ethics board, sent an email showing why it was clear that the team lead that the manager always defers obviously did not read the email because she would prefer to complain about me to said than do her loving job.

Last time that happened, both the manager And my sup tried to coach me and I just linked them to the work instructions I was following to the letter.

Oh. AND I’m about to get a bunch of coaching for not following the “escalation process” which is there to catch errors before going to a different group to fix THEIR errors.

My requests are unobtrusive, unless it’s the team leads that really hate doing their jobs, and I really don’t give a poo poo who made the original error. Just loving have somebody with the clearance to fix it do so because until it is fixed, the provider is unable to provide medical services for the patient due to being hosed over by us multiple times in the past for poo poo that wasn’t fixed.

Quite often, I would really like to respond to all of this shittiness with,” I’m sorry you’re stupid.”
Then I feel guilty for being raised in a household that wanted their children to be smart.

Bored fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Apr 28, 2021

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I’m tired of how loving computer illiterate everybody at my company seems to be, regardless of age.

I’m not in IT. This is simple poo poo. Supervisors need to stop suggesting things that have nothing to do with the errors as being the problems.

At least my IT calls are quick once they connect without me since I’ve already done the troubleshooting I can do from my end so it is always something that must be done by IT when they call.

Zarin posted:

I dunno, when training people I figure that it's a multi-step process.

The first one is that they watch me do it; they may or may not take notes, and may or may not remember how it goes.
The second step is that I watch them do it while they "drive" (click the buttons); again, they may or may not take notes and may or may not fully remember everything from this session.
The third and usually final step is where they are trying to do it on their own (with whatever documentation they have available) and they ask whatever clarifying questions they need to in order to update the documentation/further refine what I left them.

I'm currently in the unenviable position where I watched something last month, then this month when I'm like "okay let's do this" my trainer is just like "uhhh use the document" and . . . the document is bad. Like really bad. The notes don't line up with the pictures and the entire thing was clearly designed as a refresher for someone who was already incredibly familiar with the process and just needed a quick memory jog. Trying to learn from this thing is table-flipping rage inducing.

I also feel like every time I ask a question about the process and how it works, I don't get an answer and in fact spawn 3 additional questions that raise the issue about whether or not this has been done correctly for the last couple years :sigh:

I hate not knowing what I'm doing, and just like the last desk I left, I deeply envy the person following me because learning the job is going to be INFINITELY easier for them than it is for me.

Also a large problem at my company. My company does not proofread, there are steps skipped in directions, and the person in our group that is in charge of explaining things doesn’t understand questions and treats new people like they are stupid for asking follow up questions or for clarification, because companies like to keep their employees stupid, apparently.

Bored fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 28, 2022

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

NPR Journalizard posted:

A couple of jobs back I got my one and only writeup / official warning ever because if this poo poo.

There was a manual process that took between 45 minutes and an hour that we had to do every day that was essentially copying data between spreadsheets, so I decided to automate it. Spent ages getting it right, wrote up the doco, tested it out and everything was fine till one dude decided that the old way was better. He deleted all my automation, and went back to the old method.

First time it happened I have him the benefit of the doubt and just restored the automation. Second time it happened I restored the automation and asked him wtf and he gave me some bs answer. Third time it happened, I restored the automation, locked it off, and wrote up in the documentation "good looking and smart people can use the new version, the old version is stored here for Simon to use" which was apparently not the right thing to do, but I stand by my decision.

Lol! I feel that is appropriate, but they probably had to write you up and pretend they also did not think it was funny because it is public ridicule.

SkyeAuroline posted:

And then you get systems like ours where data can't even be pulled manually reliably, let alone enough to automate anything, and bosses shoot down anything tech related so "IT can focus on other issues" (considering how many of our core systems don't even work and haven't changed in the 4 years I've been there, I can't imagine what's even higher priority to work on).

I've shown up with completely worked out solutions to problems that have been adding tens to even hundreds of hours a year of extra work, record of testing, everything necessary except the hook into the system that I don't even want to have once it's set up. Nope. Nothing can be updated, ever.

And so we get extra bodies to do the extra manual work, like the one I had to teach addition.

God, yes. But then, we have someone else in my group that makes tons of suggestions that are completely non-sensical and make it clear that she can’t absorb the work process or use human empathy to work out reasonable solutions. Unfortunately, I think higher ups get the two of us confused until they actually have conversations with us.

I’ve gotten some stupid policies changed. Others, they’ve disregarded, then a month later someone higher up in the company notices they issue and it gets corrected the same freaking way I suggested. It’s really so frustrating.

gently caress I hate my life.

Bored fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 1, 2022

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I saw an Apple news article about that that lead to multiple other arguments stating a bunch of analysis shows what those of us on the bottom of the company hierarchy already know: forcing us to work in an office work when we are not customer facing and do not interact with coworkers/superiors in a meaningful way while doing our job is unnecessarily and less conducive to productivity, creativity, then management believes.

Since I can’t afford to live by myself anywhere within a drivable distance of where I work, and our company apparently uses some hr app that looks for keywords for sorting applications for jobs in other states (those phrases are in my resume, but the system made me choose 5 that I feel are my strongest skills), I am likely going to have to search for a job outside of the company.

This sucks because I have a ton of knowledge but no degree, so I don’t know that a search outside of the company will yield me better results. Also, other companies in the industry are filled with much more stupid and/or evil.

Also, the chain of command got broke enough that the stuff I’ve been trying to get fixed since I started working there is finally seeing massive improvements.

Basically, I’ve worked really loving hard at this job to not be treated poorly, but because the upper echelons are loving delusional, I’m going to have to start all over again.

I hate my life. I wish corporations cared about making employees lives better.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

etc...

You guys think you're being funny, but:

:negative:

Also holy poo poo that shooter drill. Enslave all managers, but enslave THOSE managers in particular.

Since there’s nothing saying,”gene dx call. Taking lunch late” I’m guessing you are not at my old job. People started notifying when they were taking scheduled breaks, lunch, and bathroom breaks. This is because call centers are stupid and use adherence. Of course, their adherence is not accurate, nor is it legal with some of the things that make you lose points.

Starting a new call center job tomorrow because nobody is willing to pay a living wage for me to hold health insurance companies accountable. They’d just prefer to continue losing money or billing patients for poo poo that it is not the patient’s responsibility to pay.

gently caress this country.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I caught something awful from my new job of course. And, since we have to do a training class, they have us working in groups and a lady that is over 64 used my machine yesterday. Like, they didn’t even have us sitting every other desk for non-group stuff. I had my face covered, but I’ve been using that mouse and keyboard all week.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

It’s Covid.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

Just say you'll make your normal beer, but once it's ready, you can get a bunch of dudes together to add the protein. Then just wink.

Alternatively, say you'll add it personally and give him a little :quagmire:

Float a crystal in every bottle. Or, I guess since the crystal would probably leach into the beer and kill people or something, attach the JO crystal to the outside for use charging prior to drinking the beer?

Edit:I just realized it’s probably bottles, not cans…but I know nothing about alcohol production, so I may also be wrong on if you use bottles or cans.

just clap hands

Bored fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 10, 2022

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

RocketMermaid posted:

[owner #1 on Slack, 3 weeks ago] We have a fest coming up in 3 weeks, just so you guys are aware and can put beer together.
[Me and other brewer] Okay, we need somebody to bring in the jockey box so we can clean and prep it.
[Me at the beginning of this week] Still need the jockey box.
[Me today, two days away from the fest] Can somebody bring in the jockey box today or tomorrow so I can clean and prep it?
[owner #2's wife] You'll have to get it yourself, I'm busy today and tomorrow
[Me] I will if I have to, but I'm very busy with barrel projects this week while the other brewer is out of town. Can we be better about communicating about this?
[owner #1] I WAS TALKING ABOUT THIS A FEW WEEKS AGO, WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

Jesus loving tits, guys, can the brewers not be the only adults in the room about getting poo poo done?

Nope. Only the people that do the work that any company is based on are expected to be capable of using logic and patience (the patience is for working around all of the non-adult adults that are bafflingly put in charge so that a company can deliver its goods and services effectively). Everybody else is just there to make sure you don’t take home enough money to lower your stress level enough for you to realize that you deserve to work with considerate people. This is the natural order of things.

Bored fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 10, 2022

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Buttchocks posted:

Very inspiring memo at work recently:

"Just a reminder that political contributions on behalf of the company need to be pre-approved by the political contribution committee. Also, if you expense a golf outing, you need to list all participants. Also, there have been concerns about recent changes to our travel policies, but we want to assure you that hiring a limousine is still permitted with prior approval."

I have no idea who this is for, but apparently somebody's job is to wine and dine government officials. And apparently we have an entire committee for this. You would think HR would have the sense to not send memos like this to the entire company, considering this only applies to a very select number of employees, none of whom exist in the same universe where our worksites are. I'm genuinely curious how much money this company is pissing away on bribes while our benefits get worse every year. Is there some agency that publishes reports on this, or is it all dark money?

I think there’s some sort of law in place to make lobbyist donations publicly accessible, but there’s likely all kinds of ways to hide that information. I really wish lobbying was not legal since it seems to be a way for the people who are supposed to serve the public to skip understanding what the gently caress the policies they are endorsing ACTUALLY do by just being wined and dined by a company salesman. I also don’t know why anti-kickback laws which set pretty low limits on contributions and monetary value of “gifts” don’t seem to apply. Gifts can be dinners, entertainment, favors.

See the US’ appalling healthcare system that is completely unsustainable for pretty much everyone in the US aside from billionaires who do not need insurance.

(There is just so much more wrong in this country, I’ve just decided that since I actually have a correct assessment on some of the awful healthcare administration companies that are loving people out of billions due to malicious incompetence-they just don’t give a poo poo about how much money they waste on incorrectly filing administrate tasks because people continue paying them to do so, this will be one of my little pet projects in my free time. A single payer system would have routed these lovely companies out almost immediately. But insurance companies continue lobbying for America’s current system of loving over all payers and not actually giving a poo poo about negative health outcomes.)

Bored fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 13, 2022

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

kntfkr posted:

I'm going to lose my full-time remote job by the end of the year.

I still have my part-time remote job.

But I can barely afford life as it is. And my family's health insurance is tied to that job.

I need a new job but have been submitting applications since May and had a few interviews and nothing has panned out. I should have won that loving Powerball.

Are they forcing everyone to return to office after telling you you can be 100% remote?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Slayerjerman posted:

You can put him on speaker and then use an old-tyme cassette recorder... Or record with a second device like your PC or tablet or something. Make drat sure you are in a one-party consent state before you do this. He'll probably try to counter sue for wiretapping otherwise.

Or have him put it in writing in an email like you should do away. Then you'll have his balls in a noose.

:proof:

Texas was one party consent, last I checked. But their judges are also stupid when it comes to employment law

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Orvin posted:

I had a department all hands lunch/meeting late last week. It was at a fairly nice hotel ballroom with some pretty good food, so that was nice. Got the usual random prepared comments from some VPs talking up random stuff about how the Project Management department is growing, and how good everyone did this year about hitting the budget. The usual random generic positive feel good stuff.

Then one of the VPs briefly pivoted to the corporate survey results, which just came in a couple weeks ago. She commented that “We hear you about compensation, but it takes time”. Which must mean that universally they got horrible results about pay and raises. To absolutely no one’s surprise. And I am sure executive emails a few months ago making a big deal about upcoming 4% (as opposed to 2%) raises in March 2023 is probably not helping things.

But just that what seemed to usually be a pat everyone on the back for all the completed projects type of event, to throw that in there kinda stuck out to me. Like they are laying the groundwork to do absolutely nothing and blame something or another as to why they couldn’t do more than the 4% while cutting other benefits.

I feel like, in order to be a successful executive, you have to be cool with telling easily debunked lies. Like, even if the manager is at a level where they aren’t paid much and work hard in their role, they convince themselves that this is how it should be and it’s okay to feed their subordinates bullshit about why they should be grateful to receive the pittance the company continues to pay them for doing the work the company is paid to do.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

loving call centers. I have to remove .4 hours off my paid time for unscheduled breaks where I got up and grabbed food or went to the bathroom. We were absolutely dead the entire day. They should absolutely pay me for frequent bathroom breaks since it’s from migraines cause by their lovely lights.

They also have lights that apparently give a massive number of employees migraines aside from me, and they just replaced all of the burnt out bulbs. My migraine glasses can’t block them out so I drive home every night with my stomach threatening to come out of my mouth.

They really need to have a dark room for everyone complaining of migraines.

Bored fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 13, 2022

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

McGavin posted:

Sounds like it's time for a call to OSHA.

Hmmm. I SHOULD since I constantly hear people complaining about their migraines and this shot was going on in this building 20 years ago when I had a seasonal job here in my 20s. I stopped coming to work then. I did not know that I felt so sick at the end of every day because I had started getting migraines auras.

For some reason, call centers are really difficult to make employment laws for. Like, there have to be bathrooms, but they are allowed to penalize you for using them when you don’t have a scheduled break. And if you get a medical exemption, they will schedule an extra break that you better ducking adhere to OR you can have extra UNPAID breaks. I have no clue why the people that come up with these rules think they are okay when you KNOW they get to use the bathroom when needed as if they are humans.

Bored fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 13, 2022

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

My job is “reducing the size of the workforce”, so everyone who was hired for the second date I started work after getting Covid in the first class is being shitcanned in January. This is after they said multiple times that we would be switched to a different department and while the department is seasonal, we are not seasonal employees.

They did not answer my question about if the people that were in the class that I got Covid from are also getting politely fired. I expect not.

So there’s no way to prove they are responsible for my covid infection which meant I had to to go to a different department, but 8 out of 19 people got Covid in that class and had to also join the department that is now being let go, while they retain the people from the original department I was supposed to be in. I tried to sit away from everyone on the first day because I was like,” well, this is an infection risk. That’s all I need after being out of work for 2 months. I’m gonna sit back here where there are no other people.” Then they moved other people by me and did the whole take one and pass it on thing with documents.

Also, my health insurance has not been active this month because of the company they contract with and I do not have dental insurance next month because the company they contract with to have us choose benefits through has an incredibly lovely website and app. HR received 3 emails the day I discovered that. I have screenshots of the website since it still has my selections frozen there, even though it is now too late to do anything. This bullshit was not a problem when we just made selections on the office when I worked for the company in Austin, but now they contract with a third party site for…reasons(?) so that they can send a list of our choices to payroll or whatever.

Bored fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Dec 27, 2022

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Outrail posted:

Sounds like HR tied their hair up but didn't.

Yeah. Sorry. They contract with another company that sets up the interface to choose benefits. You cannot access the interface from work. And apparently the company sucked up on their program for iOS browser apps and the specific app you can download to pick benefits.

I have no clue of this is clearer.

The company hosed met on benefits. The company couldn’t manage to contain Covid while I was wearing a mask, constantly washing my hands, and using hand sanitizer obsessively. And now the company is loving met with regards to the promised permanent employment while the department I was originally being assigned to before I got Covid,due to the company being loving stupid, is NOT getting downsized.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

This is not clearer, did you get in your special swimming suit or not?

My employer sucks.

I had to wear a sports brain and tight pants in the room with water

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Hey, what happened with the Tattoo Goon whose boss was living and making GBS threads in the back room of the parlor?

Good question! I would also like an update.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

BigHead posted:

An email string over three days:

"Hey boss I can't find a word version of form x do you know where they are? We found this super old version but nothing new."

"You can't use the old version you have to use the new version."

"I know. Where's the new version?"

"It's really important that you use the new version."

"I know. We found this directory of word documents from 2016 but my assistant and I can't find anything newer in any of the three 'forms' libraries we have."

"Your assistant should be able to help you with this, they know where the forms libraries are."

"I know she should she's a saint, but the two of us can't find anything other than the 2016 version, where did you put the new version?"

"You can't use the 2016 version."

"I know please just tell me where the new version is it's not in the forms libraries."

"We talked about this you need to just use the new version."

Fuuuuuck you

This is the kind of poo poo I’ve done in person when someone is trying to “coach” me. It’s easier to resolve while forcing them to look with you though, which is what they get for trying to coach me without having any clue what the background on the coaching is.

Do your research assholes! It’s easy! I took copious notes because I know you’re gonna pull this poo poo! (I yell into the void)

Tomn posted:

I don't know if it'd be a good idea since it might come off as antagonistic but I wonder what would happen if you started using the shortest, bluntest possible replies, I.E.

"Where is the new version."

"Your assistant should be able to help."

"She doesn't know."

"She should."

"She doesn't. Where is the new version?"

Because while it really shouldn't be a problem, it sorta seems like if there's any extraneous information at all in your reply ("We found the 2016 version" "We found the old version" "We looked in the form libraries" "My assistant is great") your boss seems to get distracted and fixate on that. So cut things down to one single short data point in every reply if at all possible, to wit: "Where is the new version?", leaving nothing else for your boss to get distracted by, and hammer repeatedly if necessary.

Also, this. I started adding a summary at the top of my note because everyone I worked with, especially those above me, are apparently illiterate and unable to read the timelines I started having to put together to defend my request to fix multiple processing errors on a single medical authorization. It is our fault. loving fix it so this person can receive this necessary complicated medical procedure and entities involved with the care can get their meager payment from us.

Bored fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 12, 2023

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

WHY

WHY ARE PEOPLE LIKE THIS

There's a reason that I believe that at least 20% of people are functionally illiterate.

I think that is an optimistic estimate.

Bored fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 12, 2023

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

DreadUnknown posted:

Holy poo poo is the previous shift literally Muppets or something?

This explains so much! Although, if I recall correctly, most muppets are competent except for the ones that aren’t.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JNNsThK08

Yep. Checks out. Too busy making music to make sure they don’t route the toxic gas box backwards. (That sounds like a very dangerous thing to gently caress up.)

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

TaurusTorus posted:

Also, unrelated, day shift gets waffles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckB2kg5UYFQ

Now, every time they get waffles, you will imagine them also being forced to watch a creepy-rear end dance.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

NPR Journalizard posted:

Severance is a great show and should be watched by anyone who has worked an office job they don't like

Absolutely. If the job I was just reduced from could, they would absolutely have a scanner to find any words you carry on or in your person when entering or leaving work.

Not being permitted writing materials made sense when they were sorting tax documents by hand 20 years ago, but not when you are accessing things in a database and you just want to take loving notes on where to find poo poo in the extensive knowledge base you also have to find poo poo in while unfortunate callers are looking for clear answers. Then again, I’ve never had the urge to steal someone’s identity, or write down their personal information when THAT part is easy to find. So it might be an acceptable policy?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Machai posted:

Did you have to pinky promise you didn't have a photographic memory?

Yes. And if we lied, and they caught us, they would take the pinky.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Outrail posted:

We had a bunch of site inductions on a website that wouldn't let you open multiple tabs, and you couldn't go back to review the slide deck information. Of course everyone takes a photo/screenshot of each slide. I think the real test was 'is this person smart enough to cheat'.

I did this for an excel test that was part of an interview for an office position at a warehouse since I just really haven’t worked anywhere where they used excel for inventory or accounting purposes, but I am good at looking stuff up online quickly. The dude who interviewed me was very excited about my perfect score, but they wanted somebody with previous warehouse and logistics experience.

I just can’t get myself to do tutorials and retain the information since I STILL haven’t had a job that uses excel for inventory, accounting, statistics related stuff. It just gets used as a reference database.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Domus posted:

Are there any of those “tests” that are actually valid or worth a drat? I had to do one recently on sexual harassment, and the drat video was an hour long. So I muted it, and checked back every five minutes to see if I was supposed to answer a question. I spent the time reading this very thread. Due to not watching the video, I got all three questions wrong. It didn’t care, just played a short summary of the section and moved on. Certainly never heard from HR about it or anything. The thing is, I do think freedom from sexual harassment is very important. But if you want me to watch a badly acted video for an hour that covers stuff I already know, I have 20 more important things to spend the time on.

Yuck! Your company has one with actors? Or just corporate voice actors? We had interactive slideshows that had voice actors. Add long as whoever created them didn’t make you sit on the page any longer than necessary to read the closed captions or click for the various text blocks to finish, we could get through training modules pretty quickly.

The annual cyber security training was kind of annoying because they make you do both versions periodically when one of them allows you to test out. At the time we started those, we had management that would not assign you time to train then get mad when you didn’t have enough downtime to finish them. So I do the first of the annual training, which allowed me to test out. Then two months later, my sup is mad at me because I didn’t finish the assigned cyber security training module and somehow the certification email was yoinked out of my outlook. And the one I’m getting bitched at about won’t let me test out and there is no downtime because of turnover.

3 years later, I was still being automatically assigned both modules, but that and the disappearing certification emails taught me to screenshot the cert so I can send confirmation that I already completed the loving “annual” training within the last 6 months so it’s okay to stop instant messaging me, while I’m in the middle of a call, demanding an immediate explanation as to why I have not completed my training. Yes, I did check that the module itself had not been updated since the previous time that I finished that title.

Anyway, I’m attempting to apply for a couple of “urgent hiring” remote positions at the company I was just reduced from since they are sending emails to the next wave of reduced employees regarding the openings, but I’m currently locked out of the job board. Those jobs start 1/31. And they can’t police what you have around you on your desk in remote positions. One of the jobs is completely document based, so I probably won’t get nearly as bored unless I get through all of the documents. But at least that is a solid block of finding something else constructive to do instead of having anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours where I am not able to anything.

To be clear, by constructive, I mean getting paid for being logged in, but doing stuff that doesn’t suck, like posting on these forums, reading a book, doing stupid paintings and drawings. Also, document processing means I can use the bathroom whenever I need to without having someone suggest I should request medical accommodation, which is an unpaid ,accommodation at this company.

Oh, and I plan to talk to the government career assistance for poor people office this week regarding certifications,college, or any options in between. The unrelated subjects that were required, that I already knew I retained poorly, made me give up. I have a potty easy time learning and retaining most things now as long as I can actually talk to someone about it. But I’m middle aged now, so there are some careers that were possible when I was in my early 20’s that just aren’t possible now because the phd and md programs are very unlikely to accept someone my age.

Bored fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 16, 2023

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I just remembered that my first day at the job previous to the most recent, a bunch of the training modules wouldn’t show as completed even though I got to the page that told me I was done and could close my browser. I finally figured out that the CEO’s unnecessary speech at the start of all those modules was not completed, but the module was letting me go to the start of the actual learning. So I had to go to every single one of those modules, start the CEO video, grab the curser, then scrub to a second from the end. I’m pretty sure he was a big dummy and felt it was important he address all new employees on EVERY compliance video.

He recently died, so there’s probably going to be new useless loving videos with a new dude, wearing orange foundation, giving a speech that does nothing but gently caress up the ability of the lowest paid employees to notify the system that they completed that module.

Also, when I started, there were a few required courses that had broken slides. And also nice typos throughout because nobody who is given a position where they have to communicate clearly is capable of proofreading.

Note: I’m sure I have typos in this very post, but I am not being paid to bore everyone with this post. I’m posting here as a favor.

Bored fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 17, 2023

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

This is fantastic!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

William Bear posted:

My company is switching from Zoom to Microsoft Teams soon.

I hate Teams. :(

Out of curiosity, why? Not an argument. I’m forever a peon, so they are pretty much equal to me when I have meetings two times a week, max.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Speaking of nonsensical/fraudulent recruiting:

I was a phone jockey, taking calls from providers for a health insurance company that handled Medicaid.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Outrail posted:

What fourth world backwater shithole do you live in?

The United States of Amurika, gently caress Yeah!

I’ve been having fun watching a bunch of videos with a guy going off on the various corporate buzzwords for employees who set boundaries and expect to be compensated. He also tracks down the HR think tanks that come up with those words, which is not hard because these people are great at selling themselves while having absolutely no actual skills.

Like this one, which is loving hilarious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzpnTXZcZG0

I mean, not funny haha, funny gently caress these people.

Edit: I’ve done no research on the dude that made that video, but I’ve also not heard a lot of these buzzwords because I do not watch the news anymore.

Bored fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 25, 2023

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I got a response from an application I don’t recall submitting. The company is based in England, but started in Nebraska, per Wikipedia, and has offices all over the US. The number for the recruiter is in the England.

The email doesn’t have any weird syntax, so I responded to schedule an interview. I hope I didn’t just get on some sort of spam list :ohdear:

I’m guessing it is the one where I got to describe my experience working on medical appeals, since that was not my job title but my previous job couldn’t figure out how to train the people processing documents, so I would have to locate those documents to have those denials turned into approvals, because half the time it was denied due to “missing information” that has been revived but not attached to the authorization, so the clinicians doing the reviews never saw it. The appeals team did not have that under their responsibilities for some reason.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

goatface posted:

Is it Maximus? Because I would refer to them as a bunch of fucks.

Only with stronger language.

Though I have no idea where they were founded.

LOL! No! Maximus is what I was just “reduced” from after our team was told we would be absorbed by Medicare after open enrollment ended. This is after I had been in a different group before half of my class got Covid because they are too stupid to figure out how to not spread around disease.

It was Superior Health plan, owned by Centene. The clinicians were great. My department has always been a giant clusterfuck. I think if I had been given access to people above my supervisor’s supervisor, I may not have been fired from that job. But after they made the person I had to waste time cleaning up after regularly “team lead”, I was like, “eh, gently caress this place.” Hope they enjoy their increase of complaints and lawsuits. hplan they worked with.

Maximus sucks, but they would never tolerate the level of incompetence found at superior health plan. Also, according to the providers I spoke to, superior health was BY FAR the least incompetent healthplan they had to deal with. So yeah, this is one of the reasons that US healthcare is so loving expensive. Massive amounts of incompetence on the administrative side. Providers who contract outside their companies for administrative tasks also employ incredibly incompetent companies.

It’s downright un-American to not toss billions of dollars straight into a fire pit. I can’t figure out why other countries now seem to be adopting this method of healthcare administration.

Bored fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 26, 2023

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Goddamnit. I think I fell for a scam. But I didn’t fill out any paperwork, so I may be ok. We will see. Maybe one of the other 30 jobs I’ve applied to this week will call.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

Don't feel bad, nearly all jobs are scams

That too.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

I brought my Drake posted:

Coworkers are discussing how tasty mayonnaise and Velveeta sandwiches are. :barf: Gonna put my other earbud in and try to enjoy my lunch.

EDIT: and someone's microwaving broccoli to death.

As someone with a very unsophisticated palette, that sound disgusting to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

cynic posted:

Oh nice our best project manager with 20 years experience was given the boot today and allowed 30 minutes to say goodbye. No handover period. This bodes well for the tens of massively complex projects currently in progress...

I’m guessing the project manager made the mistake of telling one of his superiors,”No. we can’t finish this new project within 3 days. This will take at least 6 months,” or something similar. You know, trying to make the people, who have no reasonable understanding of the work his reports do, have reasonable expectations.