Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Gosh, if only there was anyone out there who knew that Cuomo was a bad actor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Looking forward to Lawrence of Appalachia

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

the 2016 lover posted:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1362454217152200714?s=20
well if this isn’t the stupidest poo poo I’ve ever seen. how’s that relief bill coming btw

BlueWavishly: That's OK cuz he's going to be buried in Russia!

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

this is truly day Biden became president.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Nichael posted:

it's insane that they had a better campaign structure in 2016, the election where Bernie was running purely as a protest opposition up until late 2015, than they did in 2020. he had years of lead up time, what the gently caress were any of these people doing?

Oh Snapple! posted:

i'm going to make a big assumption that his 2016 campaign had a larger percentage of "true believer" folks who actually wanted to get poo poo done while his 2020 campaign was filled with people there for a paycheck at best and personally hostile toward his politics at worst

I've been trying to suppress how disappointed I've been with the 2020 primary since Super Tuesday.

Ultimately, to me the major loss was not leveraging the existing volunteer network to do more coordination and planning before primary season. There were a lot of passionate and committed people with different skill sets and perspectives that could have been more effectively utilized to plan and win. There really was no game plan to coordinate the tactical with strategic plan at all when there easily could have been in early 2019. There was also another major missed opportunity in leveraging data for targeting local efforts and ads (at least from national people I talked to). I don't know if it was Bernie's, Jeff Weaver's, or someone else's doing - or simply from lack of continuity between the two campaigns as a lot of people did roll off. Deep down, I feel that the campaign would have been better managed by Paradox Games players than Jeff Weaver, Faiz, et al.

One place where the campaign seemed to have been more effective was in directly canvassing immigrant groups & labor. But that was still tip of the iceberg in terms of potential. Separately, there were some quality-of-life improvements in organizing with the updated digital platform, i.e. being able to create canvassing events and attract volunteers but that's marginal value without a coordinated plan.

Even then, I don't know if Warren, unambiguous media suppression and interference, and the Obama rat-loving could have been overcome.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Most of the people who vote in Dem primaries/who the DNC expects to vote for them in November would probably be OK with Wall Street picking the candidates. The Panera, Brunch, and younger idpol-motivated segments have unshakable naive optimism about the political system and trust in those who manage it. All that's needed is the perception that there's accountability for those who violate that trust (e.g. even if Cuomo isn't unseated or Trump isn't ejected from office, the fact enough outrage exists is that accountability).

The RNC is the party portraying itself as the party for the (culturally) dispossessed.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

WorkerThread posted:

i think covid made their job easier, but they would have eventually taken more drastic measures to defeat sanders, and succeeded.

DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY FOR ISRAEL

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I love how Bidenco wants to raise taxes instead of maybe stopping some military operations, closing a few military bases, decommissioning a few ships, and indefinitely postponing some future weapons orders.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

The bombings will continue until morale improves.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

TOXX: I'll become succ if Biden authorizes funding for the development of Kirov Airships

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

"look guys, we tried!"

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Moon Shrimp posted:

I live in her district and the people here suck but that's probably everywhere

Actually the Amazon Twitter bots just found a new home.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Alcee Hasting died. He was a bad, corrupt man.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Anti-Succ coming from St. Louis

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1379624765518966786

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Troy Queef posted:

as an STL resident, she’s got her own issues and has an online following that can best be described as Harris-esque. the mayoral race was between two left-ish women and Jones leaned heavily on idpol in a lot of her campaigning as her opponent was white. it’ll be interesting to see how she goes.

I lived there from 2012-16 and I had friends for Cara and Tishuara in this cycle. In 2016 they both seemed *fine* at the least. I remember Tishuara getting screwed over by Antonio French in the primary and I briefly interacted with Cara a few times. Either way, both were better than stooge Krewson.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

Sure the captain is still steering us towards the iceberg, but it is magical thinking to ignore how well the band is playing.

Goon sir, I’ll have you know we’re working hard to melt that iceberg before we even get there.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

turd in my singlet posted:

"Trust/believe science" is a catchphrase that has nothing to do with actual science. Science needs to be understood, not "believed in". What they mean is "trust our appointed Experts who will tell you what to think", which libs lap up since they're authoritarian bootlickers

As a Professional Science Man, it's a nice way to pay lip service to an entire field that's on average quite liberal without actually preserving their interests - much like any other identity politics. It makes me pretty goddamn sad to see it actually work.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I've been on the internet for more than 10 years. Real cred.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Yinlock posted:

tbf he did this more because he was a coward rather than any staunch moral principles

this is still miles better than the usual, however

or spite targeted at John Bolton

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Today, CRT. Tomorrow, CBT. This is madness.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I have this playing on loop in my Google Glasses

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

Sinema girlbossing herself into getting primaried and a short lived CNN or MSNBC show is very funny

McCaskill & Sinema is going to be a breakthrough MSNBC show

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Succ friends tryin to remind me to vote in the CA recall and I'm telling them "are you sure?"

~Angelyne or Bust~

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Courtney Love notches another kill

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

What is the mineshaft gap?

something people who didn't realize dr strangelove was a comedy believe in

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

well this just ruined my mood. thanks for reminding me why i don't read this thread anymore i guess

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

JADE HELM HERE WE GOOOO

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

WampaLord posted:

a new rotating villain appears!

Bob Menendez was and is always a villain and plainly corrupt

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Online Harassment Task Force? Sign me up!

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Jimmy Carter : Billy Carter :: Joe Biden : Hunter Biden - but Hunter's not getting the attention he needs

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

hmm i wonder where anti-bush support is really coming from...

https://twitter.com/mistergeezy/status/1547217230055743489

C/O Canary pro-genocide fund

An aside: One of the mainstays of the pro-palestinian movement in STL was Hedy, a holocaust survivor. RIP. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedy_Epstein

guidoanselmi has issued a correction as of 18:52 on Jul 13, 2022

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Zvahl posted:

literal carpetbagging in support of a rapist because eew icky leftist said palestine

cori bush is garbage because she's a democrat but holy poo poo this party is bad

FWIW I met her once or twice but never really got to know her, but same activist circles. Friends & acquaintances respected her & her work. There were a few shitheads in the activist community in STL and she was not one. I escaped from STL before she won so dunno what happened since give or take social media.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Paraphrasing a colleague, CNSA's budget is ~$9B. With a purchasing power parity of 4, their actual budget is around $36B compared to NASA's $25B.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Islam is the light. Salvation by faith alone doesn't save. Action is needed.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

https://twitter.com/margbrennan/status/1547902247513645061

The only things that cause biden to leave his fog fugue are aggressively declaring that hes not on the left, and pouncing on an opportunity to poo poo on britain from an irish angle

Much like the Palestinians, the Irish also have their minority that's happy to collaborate with occupiers and assist in genocide

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

obligatory dti post

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

"everything is on the table" is coded language coming from iran negotiations. what biden means is that he's threatening the climate with air strikes and covert ops.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

A big flaming stink posted:

Juuni passed away overnight :smith:

I'm really sorry.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

lolling at the friedman unit not doing MBS praise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

Like, what would a “perfected” Ben Shapio look like?

His sister, clearly.