Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If they're gonna be releasing all these collections that might as well go all the way and give us the Edgeworth Chronicles too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's cool they're crediting the VO in the trailer, wish it happened more often overseas.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zerilan posted:

It gets wearysome to me for a main character after awhile.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jeep posted:

Am I going to spoil myself on the two 3DS ace attorneys if I jump into these? I only played AA1-3 and AJ, haven’t gotten around to the other two main titles yet

I'm pretty sure they are self contained stories, but I'm just starting my playthrough so I could be wrong.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

drat it I can't find the video that was just the prosecutor's desk slam animation. :mad:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

Spirit of Justice was good, but I think a bit of a reset will be good to get the series back on the ground. The 3DS games were beginning to escalate the stakes in a weird way and I don't know where you go from there.

We still gotta prove God is guilty in a court of law.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

G1-3I don't care if the game called me out on thinking it, no one stylizes an M like that, it is clearly a W. :argh:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

1-3The deeper I get into this case, the more I understand Von Zieks sitting out for 5 years and drinking in court.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

1-4 Anyone else feel like everyone thinking the victim is dead is one big meta joke about this series only having murder trials?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I agree 1-3 is amazing, the coolest bit being able to explore the crime scene during the trial, it's a real neat take on the trial only format and a good way to speed you back to the court after the investigation only 1-2.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Same tbh

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I have to say 2-1Susato is pulling off the uniform way better than Ryunosuke.

Also was Brett's Swan murdered too?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lotus Aura posted:

2-4 Well bye Gregson, I guess. You will not be missed. :colbert:

He was only 6 days from retirementtransferring :qq:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

2-3 and 2-4 lol Ryunosuke's first trial back and he has once again exposed a national secret and judging by the setup for 4 there's no way this doesn't end with another national secret being exposed.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

End of 2-5 A judge finally ends up being a murderer and then it turns out TWO judges are actually murderers? This game is crazy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Don't forget Rise from the Ashes wasn't in the original GBA release and is a bonus case added in the DS port and all future releases which would explain the modern pacing in that case.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Teratrain posted:

Figured I'd ask - are there any cases in G2 that rival the length of 1-5? I was hooked on it but drat, that length caught me off-guard.

I would say yes, but multiple day trials come back that help break it up so it doesn't end up feeling like 1-5.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like her extendable gavel

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Do you think we'll get another Prelude to Pursuit or is that another far off dream like another Presto Cross Examination?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Youtube just reminded me about this incredible scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rxANrvCj-8

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hatty posted:

Bring back Gumshoe imo

He should have been back for SoJ's DLC case instead of turning Ema into Gumshoe for that case.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Did you finish the last testimony in 2-3 without any help? Probably one of the toughest contradictions to figure out in the whole series.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Make AA7 about Susato getting sent forward in time somehow.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Folt The Bolt posted:

Please let there be one musical piece dedicated to the final witness testimony in the game. It was so cool when I was going into the final cross-examination of Ashley and we didn't get the usual Allegro theme.

This is why both Investigation games rule.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Have a Ryuunosuke case in a mainline game that somehow relates to a present day murder

Also Susato is still alive

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Of course Capcom would put Phoenix's silhouette in the beginning of their show and then not announce anything :negative:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ApplesandOranges posted:

I've replayed it recently and I still feel like the first half of it is better than the back half.

Playing as Defender Edgeworth? Him going mental over 'Psycholocks'? And Franziska is a more fun antagonist than Godot in court. Like, the back half is good too, but it drags on just a little too long for me.

Edgeworth clearing Larry's locks only for more to popup and him going "no gently caress this we're dealing with this in the courtroom" has got to be one of the best jokes in the series.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Starting Apollo Justice and Apollo is just the biggest dweeb from the word go.

"Here comes Justice!"

Also Olga is very cute

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm posted:

Starting Apollo Justice and Apollo is just the biggest dweeb from the word go.

"Here comes Justice!"

Also Olga is very cute

I would like to rescind my statement that Olga is not cute, but she is bad, real bad. (She's still cute)

Also hit a wall early that I had to look up and man do I feel dumb for not seeing it myself. of course Phoenix shouldn't have been able to see the head wound under the hat. :doh:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

NikkolasKing posted:

The only thing not perfect about 4-1 is how unconcerned Apollo is with his mentor being a murderer. He is accusing the man of a highly methodical, premeditated murder and yet he doesn't seem really aware of what this means.

Probably should have added some internal dialogue where the background goes black like when Phoenix accuses someone crazy.

My bigger problem with the case is Phoenix leading the case too much at the end, like poo poo let Apollo explain the bottle that leads to the breakdown.

Other than that

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That reminds me I appreciate the first testimony in 4-1 being the present and press tutorial, also they give you the option to skip the explanation and get right into it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MorningMoon posted:

They also confirmed changes to the controversial "play the video" part in AA4. First time it'll play exactly like on the DS, same file and resolution.

But the second time they'll whip out a DVD as evidence and it'll look like the mobile port. Then, every instance after they'll use a bluray disc as evidence and the video will be in-engine in HD.

Having just played that case I would say the video is least of it's problems.

Snooze Cruise posted:

there she is, my girl 🥹

*KA-TONK*

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

The week it's in is already super packed, with Tekken 8, Under Night II, Like A Dragon 8, Persona 3 Reload, Granblue Re:Link and (lol) Suicide Squad

I will support it, because I'm a moron who bought AA5 for the 3DS, but forgot to buy the DLC case before the eshop died.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Tesseraction posted:

Was 5 where you defended a killer whale for the DLC? Don't think you're allowed to put that game on the bottom for that alone.

Yes and the best prosecutor Simon Blackquill.

I would still put it at the bottom for 5-3 and just how the game decides "The Dark Age of Law" is over.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I'd go with AJ personally. The finale is a real anticlimax and case 3 sucks even by AA standards. Like maybe 2-3 was more tedious but it at least had a pretty interesting solution, while 4-3 amounts to a series of events that mostly happen for no reason.

"Hey Trucy let's leave the body that Ema asked us to watch over. I'm sure everything will be okay."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

the_american_dream posted:

Yea completely forgot how poo poo and disappointing that climax was

Even knowing ahead of time is still sucks Cause I was actually ended up liking Bobby before the reveal.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FutureFriend posted:

DD is on the bottom for me, if only because its central theme of The Dark Age of The Law feels like it was handled already by apollo justice, which atleast can back it up more with its interest in noir stylings. so i was bored throughout most of it. dont care much for SoJ either.

it's a shame the mainline yamazaki games are just kind of bummers because AAI2 is a homerun

AJ actually did something with it and did so without having to shout "THE DARK AGE OF LAW" every chapter.

Like every victory in AJ is brought about by some fuckery by Phoenix or Trucy and as much as 4-3 sucks it does raise a good question "what if there is no decisive evidence?" It could have done more with it considering Apollo's mentor and I think it would have helped Klavier standout more as the Legitimate Honest Prosecutor.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Morphogenic96 posted:

Anyone bought up Investigations 1 as a candidate for worst? Honestly that was pretty dull most of the time with the only memorable part being the excessively stubborn final villain.

Granted my actual worst one is PLvPW for having the most jaw droppingly stupid twist though it's not he worst twist by Layton standards

It's case 3 also has a funny opener, but yeah it is kinda dull.

For the next Ace Attorney do we want Ace Attorney 7, Investigations 3, or Great Ace Attorney 3?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maybe we can solve courtroom mysteries that aren't murders :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Meowywitch posted:

Not even the transition to 3d matches up to the original sprites

I feel like they hit their stride with GAA where they aren't so focused on mimicking the 2D sprites and actually used the 3D models as 3D models

Waffleman_ posted:

The most recent release of the Trilogy is at least the best it's ever looked. The Apollo Justice redraws are a lot better, since they were originally made with an increased resolution and smaller lines.

Apollo Justice has some phenomenal sprite work like look at any character in 4-2 all their sprites are just so detailed and have a ton of personality.