Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Been double vaxd for a month but feel like I’ve been run over by a truck the last few days. Blah. Possible a bad reaction to penicillin I was on, but I have to wonder…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Make evading a mask if not fully vaccinated a felony offense, and encourage people to rat out perps like they did with the Jan 6th nutters. Fun for everyone!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I get the point, but airport security did exist before 9/11. It was just a little less lovely and theatrical.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

ben shapino posted:

Herman Cain was literally dying of covid while someone running his Twitter account was downplaying it lol

The fact they kept going even after he was dead was the icing on the cake.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Went to my local Publix in FL, curious to see what mask usage was like now as the company is following the CDC thing of not requiring masks for vaxd people. It’s not a store I’ve ever seen anyone not wear a mask on, or any kind of commotion.

Yet I was still surprised to see about 80% or more masked up today. Hard to know the split between vaxd and not wanting to take it off yet, or unvaxd and being honest. And undoubtedly a percentage who assume it’s still mandated in there.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

South East, Broward county. Ha I wonder what the difference between Greenwise and Regular publix is. Pay the extra cost to not be surrounded by anti Vaxers!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Almost every employee at Walmart had no mask on and were getting incredibly close to people.

Walmart pays its employees a $75 bonus if they’re vax’d, so hopefully a good proportion of the people working there will be. Avoid anyone with ‘I have opinions on who actually won the election’ look to them.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Even better is if you say you don’t have insurance you’ll get charged about $30. And because I did mine in Publix, a $10 gift card given too. Being poor has its benefits I guess!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sjs00 posted:

Hello from Florida, where mask discipline is best observed by children. .I wish I was joking.

At the stores I go to in Fort Lauderdale, masks still massively outnumber unmasked. It’s a genuine surprise.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

gay picnic defence posted:

Yeah but try telling boomers they can’t have something…

I suggest ‘grandchildren’.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

My day job is broke-rear end writer so :colbert:

And I don't get paid for the funerals at all; it's all voluntary.

I’m probably not the only person who assumed you were being driven to the point of insanity by the need to keep your job at a period where gaining new employment was difficult-to-impossible.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It should be everyone's personal goal to not be in the top 10 posters of this thread.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

am I in the top 5 yet

WHO is asking people who are vaccinated to start masking again

Big drop off after 4th place, which should be considered a HIGH RISK zone.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Surprised South Korea didn’t use the pandemic as an excuse to outright ban the use of fans.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Learnincurve I have to ask if at some point you sold your account to pick because 6 of the last 10 posts are yours and that’s just the kind of ridiculous bullshit that she would pull.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Anne Whateley posted:

"While vaccines are crucial, in a situation of one grocery run, it doesn't take a bubble, just a P100 to be a higher % than vaccines"

If you happen to be on the unlucky side of the percentages and still get infected, having worn a mask does precisely jack poo poo for you in terms of how your body then handles things.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

As a Floridian, agreed. The tourists are absolutely flooding us because nowhere else will take them. Between them and DeathSantis, they're killing us. Please stop coming here.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Guessing that both kids have their masks under their noses.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

..even though vaxxed people woukd almost certainly only get a mild or asymptomatic case if they were unlucky enough to catch the virus they might still pass it on to others.

The good news is that in most cases the people you'd be passing it on to deserve it and can eat poo poo.

(But yes, as someone who from the beginning has been happy to follow CDC guidelines, I'm back to wearing my mask as needed and hating the idiots who couldn't do the simplest of loving things).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Reported in the FL local thread:

Just need Broward to jump on this when the officials have a 5 minute break from agreeing to let Elon build a tunnel system in an area that is at sea level.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nathen Explosion is talking a lot of sense.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pinecone Sample posted:

If you are in the minuscule class of vaccinated person who contracts a breakthrough case, you may be shedding a similar viral load as an unvaccinated person would for a much shorter period of time than an unvaccinated person shedding virus, so no, you do not spread it just the same.

I prefer the other headline because maybe we can convince the idiots who won’t get vaccinated that leftists will purposely infect them to kill them off if they don’t.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

LanceHunter posted:

Now, for a quick detour into some of the wildest poo poo I've seen in a while...

https://twitter.com/joshua_pieters/status/1421464141697540099?s=20

Big grin hit my face when I realized these were the Katie Hopkins oval office Award guys. I really should weaponize my posh British accent like these wonderful people. They’re like a Project Veritas for good.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Blooster posted:

Obviously I don't like Cuomo and I think he should resign and even be arrested but I'm just wondering if his replacement is going to be some anti mask moron like the dem running against DeSantis

New York has sent enough people our way, so we're returning the favor and giving you DeSantis.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

And didn’t the slight connection to GBS (the syndrome) only come out within the last few weeks so therefore using that as an excuse feels like grasping at straws given he’s been eligible to have it for months.

Bring back Ron Welty.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

He has a Philanthropy section on his wiki page rather than a Controversy one, so he’s better than most punk band frontmen.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

AHH F/UGH posted:

Please don't call The Offspring a punk band, tia

Last decade (ugh, two decades) can’t take those 80s and early to mid 90s records away.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Americana is the album that absolutely crushed me in how disappointed I was when I bought it. Worse than a post Insomniac Green Day.

Anyway, I’m hoping the general ‘pro vax’ punk mentality (for the most part anyway) means I can eventually go to Fest this year and have a good time and none of the old man bands I like get sick and die.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If you're in the US, it's kinda fun to look at your counties vaccination records and compare them to the 2020 election results. It's so close for here it's hilarious, I guess whatever Trumpers who realise they're being duped and Dems who are stuck in a hippy mindset (or genuinely have health issues that restrict their use) just flat out cancel each other out.

Broward County, FL:
At least one vaccination - 63.2%
Voted for Biden - 64.48%

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yeah i've noticed a lot of people who now call themselves :airquote: independents :airquote: love to hand wring about how both sides are responsible for this antivax bullshit and yet these numbers are always so reliably predictable

It's amazing how independents never have left-wing tendencies, it's just the GOP isn't extreme enough for them yet.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Blooster posted:

Remember when Floridians were all worried about New Yorkers moving to their state because they'd make Florida blue? Lol turns out all the New Yorkers that fled New York were chuds.

New York is a cool rear end place
New York has a constant flood of people to Florida
New York remains a cool rear end place

QED the people who come from New York to Florida are not what makes New York cool.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

You can't harass a corpse.

Not with that attitude you can't.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I love all the comparisons to segregation the chuds are coming out with, especially given we all know exactly which side of that issue they took.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Squashy posted:

I overheard some suburban white lady talking about how she wasn't letting her college-aged son get the vaccine because she heard it could affect fertility and she wanted grandchildren.

Wasn't that literally a conspiracy theory being spread by incels?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

stump collector posted:

Did anyone check out the Garth Brooks concert. He's taking over the Midwest with his delta album

Spread of delta coincides with spread of those cheap Garth Brooks vinyl boxsets. I think you're on to something.

Genuinely frustrates me someone earning $300/hr is this dumb. Hope he bites it and an immigrant gets his job (who'll then get minimum wage).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The GOP are actively wanting the death count under Biden to go higher than Trump’s just so they can point fingers. It doesn’t bother them that it’s their base that are making it up.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Huh, I saw that story written in a completely different way earlier… saying it was a guy pissed off that the teacher of his kid wasn’t wearing a mask, so approached the principal then thumped the teacher.

E: ah seems the parent is a loon and just used the fact that he saw some teachers not wearing a mask as a reason why his kid shouldn’t either, some of the reporting didn’t make this super clear.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 14, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

White Lotus finale giving me the urge to knock up a Vince McMahon meme for Armond and there’s still 10 minutes left for me, and he still lives. But OMG that suitcase scene. Im pretty sure I know what comes next…

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I thought the rapture was going to happen all at once, but Long Rapture seems just as good. Anyway, time to turn megachurches into non-vax'd ICU prayer-o-toriums and leave the nasty hospitals full of medicine and professionals for the non-believers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m sure that tweet is going to have many excellent replies for me to enjoy.

https://twitter.com/anylaurie16/status/1428520459411214336?s=21