Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
D'ernest Johnson may have played himself into a payday after today and the Broncos game.

He's a RFA this year and we are already paying Chubb and Hunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens will be swept by the Bengals for the next 10 years.

The Browns swept the Bengals this year, they are not an impossible monolith

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

fartknocker posted:

gently caress Ben Roethlisberger

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

This reminds me of AFCN all-time name team captain Frostee Rucker.

Fozzy Whitaker

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Dietrich posted:

The Burrow Bengos have never beaten the Browns. It's a curse or something.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Mystic Stylez posted:

if the rapist didn't win a single game, that'd be tight

He already won one

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/StainbrookNFL/status/1612131098498109440?t=mC1DqnNnm4lGpN14XUTbZA&s=19

Bernie what did you do?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

I forgot that game since it was a blow out and this play was early, but that was almost the worst play I've ever seen a Browns QB make. It was so close to total disaster fumble 6 and even then, what was his best case scenario? What could possibly have gone right about throwing it backwards like that?

Like up their with some incredibly dumb pick sixes by notable bad QBs like weeden.

Im just amazed that we ended that drive with a td pass.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/JohnHillbery/status/1706299827200340045?t=4FTVYhWW8Rd06HfCW1Z52g&s=19

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I actually will even credit OBJ with a drop-like point for not tackling Porter and just letting him pick it off. He could have easily prevented that and we still would get the FG.

Boy this brings me back.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

lines posted:

So I'm thinking probably out injured in the second quarter?

One can only hope

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Black Sunshine posted:

Born in NE Ohio and always considered the Browns my #2 team for going on 30+ years but it was easy for me to turn on them because I don't like rapists so

With that said, I look forward to the day that they no longer employ an unrepentant sexual predator so I can root for them again

It's gonna be at least 3 years.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

I wonder what the record forost starting qbs in a season that made the playoffs(I'm not sold on the browns making it in. But it would be fun.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

AndrewP posted:

it would be very weird for Cleveland fans to love Flacco like we do, that's for sure

He has a chance of taking most wins in Cleveland Browsn stadium away from Baker.

Which be supremely funny.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

I think 2 wins makes it mathematically impossible for them to be out.

1 win makes it likely since it requires a bunch of the teams 1 back of the Browns to win 2 and for it to be the right teams. Especially if that 1 is Texans or Bengals. Winning next week @Texans would effectively clinch it, but that's going to be a HARD game for a Browns team that's been bad on the road this season.

Bad on the road on the west coast

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

The Browns have not completely collapsed despite a huge amount of injuries in every position. So anything playoffs is going to be fine

Next year when expectations are the highest is when the collapse and sadness comes. 3-6 wins next year. Book it.

Look at 2008, 2015 and 2019.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I never said they did! Why does that even matter. The Browns didn't have to throw resources at anyone like that and they would have had all that the next year when Lamar potentially became available.

And it was one year before. It's not like the Watson thing had happened three or four years before.

If the Browns don't get Watson, they sign Baker to an extension. Lamar would have never entered into the picture.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I see your point there. But they still could have thrown Mayfield in as part of the trade to the Ravens or some other team who might want him. Mayfield wasnt in line to be one of the top paid QBs in the league

I uhhhh what?

Dude, Lamar was never going to go directly from the Ravens to the Browns.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/1739708906782286334?t=gvKnaQXh9HMilUf3ngEwCw&s=19

Stefanski to fans "Please don't get too hammered so that you aren't as loud in the 4th quarter"

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Whether an execution error or bad concept we should stop with the screens because they NEVER loving WORK. And drive me nuts to see.

https://youtu.be/URIuK7iPQ8c?si=Sb67aXbY8TrrdoM1

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Despera posted:

why you have to hurt us?

I was just engaging with kawalimus. He's complaining about screens never working and this play was just burned into my brain from that game.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Well then here's what we should do if that happens. If we end up facing Dallas we say no we won't play in Vegas. We want to play in Dallas where you are 10-0 this year. And if not we are forfeiting the game. You can win the SB that way if you want or you can face us like men and put your undefeated home record on the line.

I know that can't really happen. But I feel like it's what these Ravens would want.

What?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens would challenge Dallas to play the Superbowl in Dallas instead of on a neutral field at Vegas. Because we'd want to be the only team to beat them there this year and do it in the SB. Like I said I know it's impossible but I bet the Ravens would want that.

Just poetry.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

D-LINK posted:

Myles Garrett's double team win rate must be insane today. He has zero sacks, tackles or pressures so far

What will TJ Watts be on Monday?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

D-LINK posted:

Probably DPOY judging by this game

Good thing neither of our votes matter.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

chamois posted:

the Browns wouldve won this game easily

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Hey Kawa how do you feel about pet birds? Do you have any?

Also how do you feel about stray/outdoor cats with regards to local bird populations?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Calidus posted:

The Bengals were so bad for so long and then Browns left it did weird poo poo to fan bases.

Steelers draft a bunch of Ohio State talent too. Lots of Ohio State/Steelers fans.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

its cool that he has a name that forces you to speak baltimorese

https://youtu.be/Dq2XCpo76hE?si=-xHfSf1zbr3LDLWq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted: